Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed ...

IMO ... Arias did the following ...

1) Left the CVS at ~8:32 driving the one-two minutes to the Starbucks;
2) Arrived inside Starbucks at ~8:35, uses bathroom and gets food & drink;
3) Paid at Starbucks at 8:41 and left;
4) Pulled out of parking lot by Whole Foods onto E.Foothill, made u-turn at Rosemeade and entered ARCO;
5) Initiated 1st gas purchase at 8:42 and filled car;
6) Went inside @ 8:46 with $40 to prepay for (2) gas cans (1 of DB's and new can);
7) Went inside again @ 8:50 with $20 to fill 3rd can (probably DB's with some gas already inside);
8) On road to Mesa by 9 PM

With that timeline, the imaginary skateboarders would have had ~5 minutes to unscrew the front license plate and place it up against the curb stop. Possible ? Sure ... but not likely. Arias could have dreamed up a better lie than that.

We know the whole license plate-meet-skate boarders is a lie. How? Well.....by Jodi's mouth once again.

When she was stopped in Utah (riding tandem behind Ryan) she told the police officer who pulled her over that 'her friends must've pulled a prank on her'.

Why is it, she didn't act shocked or minimally surprised? C'mon, if we got pulled over and a cop advised us that our plate was upside down, we'd check it out and exclaim something like "How the hell did that happen" instead of having an IMMEDIATE theory!

And how did her memory get better afterward (where she now knows EXACTLY where that happened *Starbucks*? Why not say that to the officer that day?)

And how would lying to an officer protect her anymore (after killing someone who attacked you) than telling him the 'Starbuck' version?

Jodi is screwed with a capital "F". No juror is buying any of her psycho-babble bullchit because honestly?...it's insulting to anyone who has a double digit IQ.

She said there was no sidewalk. That certainly is a sidewalk. If she parked in the regular parking area it appears there are no cement bumpers just parking spaces. jmo

From what others have posted, the Starbucks she went to in Pasadena was the one in Hastings Ranch. That one is at 3699 East Foothill Boulevard,Pasadena, CA 91107. The one in the photo you were commenting on was a different location (I don't know which one). The one in Hastings Ranch does not have a sidewalk near the Starbucks, though there is one in front of other stores.

There are no concrete bumpers in the parking lot, only parking spaces marked by painted lines. But that is hardly a huge "gotcha" moment as there is a concrete curb near the sidewalk area and a couple of concrete planters at the end of each parking row.

She is lying, of course, but nothing in the statements about sidewalks or concrete bumpers is going to prove it.

I believe a similar event occurred on 6/6 at In N Out Burger in Sparks, NV. Two meals were purchased 5 minutes apart with the Mastercard.

I was informed that it is the practise of I N Out burgers that they give two receipts for the same purchase.

To help with the question as to what is shown in the "foot picture" and the "dragging picture" respectively and how I think the camera changed position in between, I decided to go a little creative with the picture of the floorplan.

For reference, by foot picture I mean this one with JA's foot in it:

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q650/tabularasa6/ja27_zps870003b5.jpg

And the second dragging picture is the one where people upthread were wondering what is shown in there, whether the white line is the baseboard or the threshold between the carpet and the tile and so on:

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q650/tabularasa6/ja29_zps972487d2.jpg

I took the picture of the floorplan to show how I think the camera was positioned in each of those pictures. Mind you, I make no guarantees on scale, or where exactly along the hallway this is taking place. This is just a rough illustration on where I think the camera, JA and TA were in relation to each other. The yellow-ish area is everything that would be in the frame of the picture, everything that is not yellow would be out of the frame.

Basically, I think the camera got spun around in between the pictures, maybe from Jodi hitting it with her foot as she was dragging Travis along the hall.
In the first picture, the foot picture, the camera is pointing down the hallway towards the bedroom.

hx8br5.jpg

Then it got spun around almost ninety degrees and the next picture is actually taken with the camera almost facing the wall. It was taken at a point when Jodi had already moved past the camera, so she would be to the right of the frame and was in the process of dragging Travis through the frame, so to speak. The horizontal white stripe is the baseboard (is that what you call the line where wall and floor meet?), and the blood-covered object to the left would be Travis' shoulder or part of his upper body.

14si7hk.jpg

Again, I make no guarantees on angles or the accuracy of the positioning. I actually think now that in the second picture, the camera was not angled directly at the wall like I illustrated above, but still a little towards the bedroom area, but I hope this is able to convey roughly what I think happened in between the two pictures.

IIRC, I think the testimony from the forensic/detectives was that the "foot" picture was opposite...the camera is facing toward the bathroom because of the tile in the background. (Travis's head toward the bedroom, foot toward the bathroom)

IIRC, the phone sex on 5/10 came before the angry TA texts.

If it matters.

Not only does it matter, but I think it's key for developing motive. Consider how quickly she kills Travis after he threatens to EXPOSE her (don't we wish we knew for what!). I am not saying that was her only motive, but not even a week goes by after he sends that text that he ends up dead.

My sister (who is 49!!!) has these kinds of relationships and always has, the most dramatic ups and downs in her, er, romantic relationships. Wild swings up and down. Breaking up, professions of hate, the works. She has BPD.

I'd assume that Travis was on Jodi's roller coaster, and she kept him on with sex. But when they had 1,000 miles between them, it was hard for her to use sex to control him and keep him on the coaster. That's why after those messages were sent the sex call happened QUICK. And when he sent another at the end of the month, off she went to Mesa.
And if Jodi is a psychopath, she may have purposely created such a roller coaster. Psychopaths tend to bore easy. They thrive off chaos, excitement, and drama - causing discord seems a favorite hobby for some.

MOO

I believe a similar event occurred on 6/6 at In N Out Burger in Sparks, NV. Two meals were purchased 5 minutes apart with the Mastercard.

It was my understanding there were two receipts, however, one transaction at In N Out Burger. The first receipt for placing the order and the second when the order was delivered?

I agree, at first it appeared she had ordered and been charged twice.

:waitasec:

MOO

What I meant was is it possible one of these clocks was not set correctly so more time actually elapsed. It does seem impossible that she would be able to finish her starbucks transaction AND the gas transaction in under 2 minutes. No time at all for license plate Shenanigans.

Yes I totally agree. Wrong time clocks was my original claim and if NOT governed centrally by VISA or Mastercard then a one minute apparent time difference could in fact be two minutes less a second - still not enough time between transactions (incuding crossing the multi-lane highway) IMO.

I reckon those pesky 'skata boyz' were another figment of her feeble imagination! She forgot to include the all-important screws in her original yarn and conveniently overlooked the laws of physics as they relate to reflective surfaces and the eye that views them!

chakti said:
I know one of you will gently correct me if I'm nutz so here goes my thoughts on them haveing sex that day because of nasty pictures on Travis' new camera. What if she had some pics from another time they had been together on one of the disks or hard drive she had with her. She uploads them on his computer, full screan and snaps a picture on his camera.
Could that work and would they have checked for such a thing ?

For one thing, she was never with TA any other time when she was brunette. He had only seen her as a blonde.

Second, the timestamps in the photos make that impossible. There was only 50 seconds between the time in the JA rear closeup pic and the pic of TA lying down in bed. And in the earlier, full-length photos of JA, TA is not in bed! So obviously he took the photos of her.

Third, if she'd snapped the photos from his computer screen, the experts could easily tell that.

Yes, I know it's hard to believe a guy would have sex with a woman he was so angry at. But he was angry with her many times before (e.g. when she slashed his tires--twice, when she would hide in his closet, when he would snoop on him as he was out with another woman) and still let her back in his life. None of the guys here have any doubts, only some of the women.
MOO

There is only one Starbucks receipt that was recovered, it was not after the gas can purchase at Wal-Mart, but later in the evening after a CVS purchase and before gas purchase at Arco.

States Exhibit #237.008, WalMart 6/03/08 15:22:09, Facial Clnsr 3.97 x 2, Neuus85bns (?) 9.92 x 2, 5G Kero Carb 12.96, Total $43.90 Cash $45.00 Change $1.10

States Exhibit #237.009, CVS Pasadena CA, 6/03/08 8:31pm, Health Care Eligible $6.37

States Exhibit #237.010, Starbucks Pasadena CA, 6/03/08 20:41, CCake Stawb & Crm 1.95, Sand Egg Salad 5.95, Scone Vanil Petit 0.75, TL Syrp Crmfr 2.90, Total $10.85, MC 2015

States Exhibit #237.011, ARCO Pasadena CA, 6/03/08 08:42pm, Fuel 8.301 @ 4.169 gal, Unlead 87 $34.61, Trans fee $0.45, Total $35.06, Debit Acct # 2015

States Exhibit #237.012, ARCO Pasadena CA, 6/3/08, 20:46:50, Fuel 9.594 @ 4.169 gal $40.00, Initial Pmt $40.00, PrePay Dep $40.00

States Exhibit #237.013, Duplicate ARCO Pasadena CA, Fuel 2.774 @4.169 gal $11.56, PrePay Deposit $20.00, Change $8.44
(Juan kinda brushed over this receipt during Special Agent Mendes' testimony)

Photos can be found here:
http://s1303.beta.photobucket.com/user/WSTigerBalm/library/Jodi%20Arias%20Trial%20%20Day%205%20%20Receipts%20Recovered?page=1

I have posted all the receipt information from Special Agent Mendes' testimony, in the receipts and monetary transactions.

Here is the link to the post.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8857311&postcount=26"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8857311&postcount=26[/ame]

I am still of the belief JA brought the knife with her, a knife she KNEW she would be able to stab Travis multiple times with. A newly purchased one from any store wouldn't guarantee her that. One she had already used to slash car tires would, however.

MOO

Yes, great point -- seems to me Jodi Arias would have wanted to use a knife she had experience handling and knew could be used effectively to stab someone to death with.

FYI ... one of our new members Mejane has an interesting perspective on the question of what happened to the gun which is JA "would not take a chance the gun would be found anywhere other than close to where it was stolen from. The gun needed it's own alibi. jMO."

I agree with l of this completely. I wish that they had requested records documenting what IP addresses accessed each account when. That would show at least how many times Jodi accessed Travis' a counts from her computer, and if he ever did hers. (Though she likely accessed her own accounts from his computer).

Yes, that's the difficulty. Internet protocol address resolves to the Internet service provider's customer's modem/router/gateway, but not to an individual user's device (MAC address).

Moreover, it is a very tall order to conclusively prove which individual accessed a specific user account from a designated location at any given time absent an eyewitness or confession.

We could discuss this for hours and pages...

Regarding the new evidence pictures, I find the whole array of knives in the last shots (starting at pic 171) somewhat eerie.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4

Especially the very last picture with a single knife and an evidence marker beside it. The pictures show that there were two knives in the dishwasher at the time of the police investigation.

Now, I think it's easiest to assume that she would have dropped the knife that was the murder weapon somewhere with the gun, to get rid of incriminating blood evidence on it. Yet all she mentions is disposing of the gun and the rope, and allegedly The Fog makes her not remember what she did with the knife.

Yet on direct, she said something along the lines of "I might have put it in the dishwasher" - another of those open, indefinite answers she gives. On cross, she refused to make any kind of definite statement about what happened to the knife, saying she didn't remember.

Since it wasn't found at the murder scene, she either cleaned the knife and left it at the house, or she took it with her and disposed of it.

If her story were true (which I don't believe for a second), the knife came from Travis' household, and since it was determined that no knives were missing from the kitchen (however that is determined, maybe they owned one big set of cutlery? There is a picture of one block of knives in the kitchen, maybe those were all the pointy and sharp knives in the household, thus making it easy to identify if one was missing), the murder weapon must be one of knives in the dishwasher.

Unless the knife was one she brought along on her trip like she (IMO) did the gun, it seems to me like she was telling the truth when she said she might have put the knife in the dishwasher afterwards. Maybe just like she hoped the bleach and water would destroy the evidence on the camera, she thought running the bloody knife through the dishwasher would get rid of all the blood and prints on it. And unlike with the camera she was right, because the pictures prove that the knives were looked at by the police, and if one of them had shown traces of blood, we would know about it.

Maybe my mind is giong in too many circles around this one so that I don't see the obvious answer, but I find the thought that one of the knives in those pictures could be the murder weapon very eerie indeed.

Is the prosecution able to mark but not introduce it as evidence UNTIL Rebuttal?
Are they required to disclose testing results to the DT before trial?

If not...
Waiting to indroduce the knife(s) into evidence at Rebuttal would allow JM to ask Jodi specific questions which could lock her into direct lie(s) regarding the knife(s).

From what others have posted, the Starbucks she went to in Pasadena was the one in Hastings Ranch. That one is at 3699 East Foothill Boulevard,Pasadena, CA 91107. The one in the photo you were commenting on was a different location (I don't know which one). The one in Hastings Ranch does not have a sidewalk near the Starbucks, though there is one in front of other stores.

There are no concrete bumpers in the parking lot, only parking spaces marked by painted lines. But that is hardly a huge "gotcha" moment as there is a concrete curb near the sidewalk area and a couple of concrete planters at the end of each parking row.

She is lying, of course, but nothing in the statements about sidewalks or concrete bumpers is going to prove it.

i posted the wrong photos and corrected them with the correct location a few posts after. these 2 are hastings ranch.

hrsb_zpsde25b378.jpg

hrsb1_zps7c2740aa.jpg

I had such a nightmare last night and I know I can attribute it to following this case. I dreamt that I was going to an indoor waterpark with friends and I saw Jodi Arias there. She was standing across from me and I got chills up my spine. Somehow she was released for a few days, as her trial was going on during this time. I told everyone around me, please let's leave. I don't want to see her. She will murder us. She heard me say this and gave me that shark stare and I started running away. I went down a water slide and knew she was coming. When she passed me by, she squeezed my arm and gave me a dead glare as if to say, "Yes, I killed Travis. No, it wasn't self-defense. What are YOU going to do about it?" I woke up in a panic!

Has anyone else had nightmares about this case? I was so scared!

That does sound scary - I dreamt about Christian Bale - nice surprise!

We know the whole license plate-meet-skate boarders is a lie. How? Well.....by Jodi's mouth once again.

When she was stopped in Utah (riding tandem behind Ryan) she told the police officer who pulled her over that 'her friends must've pulled a prank on her'.

Why is it, she didn't act shocked or minimally surprised? C'mon, if we got pulled over and a cop advised us that our plate was upside down, we'd check it out and exclaim something like "How the hell did that happen" instead of having an IMMEDIATE theory!

And how did her memory get better afterward (where she now knows EXACTLY where that happened *Starbucks*? Why not say that to the officer that day?)

And how would lying to an officer protect her anymore (after killing someone who attacked you) than telling him the 'Starbuck' version?

Jodi is screwed with a capital "F". No juror is buying any of her psycho-babble bullchit because honestly?...it's insulting to anyone who has a double digit IQ.

We all know she's going down, but the devil is in the details when someone is blatantly lying ... I'm not sure why she concocted the Starbucks license plate story as she only mentioned the FRONT license plate and testified she did not look at the back. But what benefit would the Starbucks story serve, other than to cover up what she had told the Utah police officer earlier, leaving the possibility open that the imaginary skateboarders could have also flipped the rear plate upside-down. If she would have told JM on cross that she noticed the rear plate upside-down, he would have countered quickly with the testimony of the Utah officer.

In the jury's eyes, 100 lies with 10 truths tossed in = all lies.

IIRC, I think the testimony from the forensic/detectives was that the "foot" picture was opposite...the camera is facing toward the bathroom because of the tile in the background. (Travis's head toward the bedroom, foot toward the bathroom)

Huh, I need to go through the media thread and check that out

But if he was in that position (i.e. head towards the bedroom, foot towards the bathroom), and Jodi is standing behind his head, how does that fit into the sequence of events?
IIRC, one of the theories on the foot picture was that it showed Jodi at some point during the process of dragging Travis back towards the shower, especially since it seems like his right arm is lifted.

If Travis is lying the other way around, and Jodi is standing between his body and the bedroom facing the bathroom, the position doesn't really fit the sequence of events. She should be behind him if she is indeed dragging him, and if his position was with his head towards the bedroom then it would make no sense that she's standing by his head.

:confused: I'm confused now, maybe I need to mull this over some more in my head and go over the testimony again.

With debit cards being used so much, this isn't totally implausible to me. I often give my debit card to friends (beer and food runs when hanging out, etc.) and tell them my pin number so they pick me up something.

I don't see the purpose of giving a pin when a debit card can be swiped and ran as credit... I do that to get cash rewards from my bank card, and only one food or grocery place has ever asked for ID.

Don't you think that his grievances were many? He said in May that she was making every day of his life hell & he seems to refer to a lot of deviltry and fabrication. Her reason for retreating from Mesa in April is worse than suspect. She didn't leave because Travis was violent. She left because she had ruined her chances with him and he had let her know that, chapter & verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018