Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #27 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard an interview on the radio with the author of "The Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer" today. I didn't hear his name, but apparently he is an authority on the Mormon religion and has made a career of explaining Mormon doctrine to non-Mormons.

The interviewer told him some of the allegations about the sex between Travis and Jodi and asked how Mormons on the jury might view it.

He specifically used the word "hypocrite" in regards to having any sort of sex outside of marriage if one is a Mormon in good standing. He said hand holding and pecks on the cheek would be considered appropriate; not passionate kissing or touching bodies. Or any sort of sexual contact.

I mention it here because of the conversation we had yesterday when a poster used that same word and I think some of us were a little harsh with that poster. I think it's important to see what we might be up against with our jury.

That's hysterical!! Someone posted a "Juan-tage" video here the other day, I got such a kick out of it but noone else around me could appreciate it.

WS really does become an alternate world. Maybe someone will accuse me of having a "double life".

I want matching "Juanette" boy shorts! So cool. Or creepy. Not sure which.

I'd love to send Jodi a pair once she's convicted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard an interview on the radio with the author of "The Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer" today. I didn't hear his name, but apparently he is an authority on the Mormon religion and has made a career of explaining Mormon doctrine to non-Mormons.

The interviewer told him some of the allegations about the sex between Travis and Jodi and asked how Mormons on the jury might view it.

He specifically used the word "hypocrite" in regards to having any sort of sex outside of marriage if one is a Mormon in good standing. He said hand holding and pecks on the cheek would be considered appropriate; not passionate kissing or touching bodies. Or any sort of sexual contact.

Interesting. Well hopefully those Mormon jurors would realize that they're not in a Mormon church deciding someone's fate regarding sexual misconduct (though I'm sure the defense will point out the 'hypocrisy).

Also both engaged in the 'consensual hypocrisy'.

Did he mention anything about violent slaughter of an ex-boyfriend fits into the religion?

The cuticles are not the same. TA's are straight across while in the picture the cuticles are rounded. Not the same person for sure. jmo

Could decomposition and dehydration be the reasons for the difference in cuticles as this does result in the skin receding from the nail.

btw...She's guilty in my opinion!

I am not a Mormon but it seems to me that, despite being baptized as one only two months after she met Travis, Jodi didn't (and still doesn't have a clue) about the religion she signed up for. Travis may have been making personal choices in his private life that didn't conform to his religious upbringing but that doesn't mean in any way shape or form that he didn't want to try to follow Mormon doctrines or, at the very least to have the appearance of doing so. How many catholics go to church every Sunday and spend the rest of the week living their "sinful" lives?

Here's my side by side comparison of those fingers. The knuckle creases do NOT look like they match at all.

fingercompare2_zps72f5e2fd.jpg

eta pic of travis
travis_alexander_story.jpg

This is excellent. Note the shape of the fingernails.....totally different!

Are there any phone records to indicate that Jodi and Travis talked prior to her showing up at his house at 4 am???

Not that I am aware of. In addition, her phone was off so as to leave no trace of her being in Arizona.

MOO

If JA gets the DP, the entire courtroom will get to see the rage that Travis fell victim to.

Good thing she has that zapper on. :great:

Interesting. Well hopefully those Mormon jurors would realize that they're not in a Mormon church deciding someone's fate regarding sexual misconduct (though I'm sure the defense will point out the 'hypocrisy).

Did he mention anything about violent slaughter of an ex-boyfriend fits into the religion?

That's a good question....Anita, do you think maybe the question was asked to get this kind of response?? I mean yes, lets ask and focus on the sex and not the slaughter....jeesh

Not that I heard, I was in the car & came into the discussion as they were introducing the author, got out before the end of the interview. I was a little surprised at how VEHEMENT he was about it.

Hey boys and gals! You all are busy little bees.... I missed a thread & 1/2 by taking a day off.... shame on me!

What's new?

Who's snowed in?

Any news on Janeen Demarte's stolen laptop?

I am but it hasn't gotten in the house yet so we're good lol
I hate being behind too; but some days you just can't help it..
These posters are fast!!!!

Re: "panties"

The first time I saw this pic the bottoms reminded me of the shorts my girls and all their friends have worn for years for cheer, tumbling and just everyday in the hot summer, they even sleep in them. They have a waistband like that and only come xs, s, m, etc. Also come in every color and can be personalized..though the pic looks like homemade letters. Most times, the girls roll the waistband and that is why if you personalize them it has lettering on the waistband. If they are a size too short, they will be booty shorts. The brand is Soffe and are sold at sporting goods stores though also ....ahem...Kohl's ....which we know she shopped there. Trying to post a link for first time. Thoughts?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...4F458B37C5D18BC3946836ED7BAA8&selectedIndex=6

I didn't see the undies, but did find these. Looks like the pants in the "dragging" photo.

[URL="http://www.soffe.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11102&storeId=10051&productId=36236&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=20356&top_category=&color=410&colorname=Navy"]http://www.soffe.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11102&storeId=10051&productId=36236&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=20356&top_category=&color=410&colorname=Navy

I am not a Mormon but it seems to me that, despite being baptized as one only two months after she met Travis, Jodi didn't (and still doesn't have a clue) about the religion she signed up for. Travis may have been making personal choices in his private life that didn't conform to his religious upbringing but that doesn't mean in any way shape or form that he didn't want to try to follow Mormon doctrines or, at the very least to have the appearance of doing so. How many catholics go to church every Sunday and spend the rest of the week living their "sinful" lives?

Travis may not have been perfect, however, it appeared he was trying to lead a good life. The same cannot be said for JA, who obviously had no interest in the Mormon faith other than to try to convince Travis she did.

MOO

Reading and listening to Jodi and they flashed a photo of Db's hands in court. Are there better ones than these in court?

Ewe, any of Gus?

That's a good question....Anita, do you think maybe the question was asked to get this kind of responce?? I mean yes, lets ask and focus on the sex and not the slaughter....jeesh

Good question. My laptop is in use, but she's going to bed soon. I'll see if I can find a link to the interview, so it can be heard in it's entirety.

If JA gets the DP, the entire courtroom will get to see the rage that Travis fell victim to.

Good thing she has that zapper on. :great:

I doubt it. If she gets the DP, she will be as cool as a cucumber. If she is freed, she will show emotion.

moo

Not that I heard, I was in the car & came into the discussion as they were introducing the author, got out before the end of the interview. I was a little surprised at how VEHEMENT he was about it.

Well that makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member