jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Does anyone have knowledge of the police activity in regard to the weapons used in this crime? I would assume that they have or are scouring the area where Jodi might have discarded of them? I'm also guessing that after all these years its is no longer conceivable that the weapons would be found.

Welcome to WS Ricky Ticky!

JA went from Mesa through all of AZ then all of NV and then through Utah to see Ryan after the murder. Who could possibly search all those areas? There wouldn't be enough people or resources (i.e. money) to pay for that kind of scouring. Nope, those weapons (1 .25 caliber gun and 1 knife and whatever clothes/shoes she wore) are gone unless someone happens upon them. She could have burned her clothes and buried the weapons off the beaten path anywhere.

Recovering those weapons isn't needed in order to secure a first degree conviction of murder. She admitted to the killing (finally). She's blown her "self defense" claim about 10 different times. She's toast.

What was her REAL purpose of going to Matt's house? tia

This may have already been answered but if not ...

6/2; evening Santa Cruz CA JA visited w/MattMcC; rec'd $ which she deposited in her account/s; went out to The Red Room then to kareoke bar; spent night at Matt's

Sounds like she needed money and a place to stay before she could pick up the gas cans at DarrylB's house.

Attachments

• JA_Hair_Color.jpg
    JA_Hair_Color.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 29
I've been riveted by this case ever since I saw the 48 Hours Mystery episode featuring JA. I'm very grateful for this site and the thoughtful, knowledgable people here who share my interest. :seeya: I'm fascinated watching the behavior of this sociopath testifying.

I've read most of the threads on the topic of this trial (over days!) but I may be repeating what others have said already;

* I've read a lot of criticism of the defense attorneys, yet I have to maintain respect for them in doing their jobs to the best of their ability. They are working with a manipulative, lying, violent offender who functions on the brink of what the rest of us consider to be reality. Although I do not believe in the fundamental basis of the defense, and I loathe the smearing of TA's name, I believe that they are following the lead of their client. I do believe in our system of the right to counsel and respect these attorneys for their position as such.

* Does anyone have knowledge of the police activity in regard to the weapons used in this crime? I would assume that they have or are scouring the area where Jodi might have discarded of them? I'm also guessing that after all these years its is no longer conceivable that the weapons would be found.

it's a big desert out there but i'd be willing to bet some man hours were invested in driving around trying to find it. having the murder weapon would have helped immensely but their case is ok without it, IMO, because that 'burglary' of a .25 and a .25 being used are just a little too much of a coincidence for most people to swallow.

I would imagine Travis was warned plenty by his friends and family about the nature of his girl toy. Cold turkey did not work. There must be a better way to end or manage such a relationship. The physical part had its logical endings but the mental part is the problem. This couple, if we can call them that needed counseling but that was never going to happen.

Maybe Alyce Laviolette will enlighten us all about how easy it would have been for Travis to excavate himself from that abusive relationship with his abuser Jodi Arias.

I am thinking they lived in or about the Riverside, California area not far from me, and he moved to Arizona. My guess is they had little to no contact with her?

Iirc she testified she only met the grandma

His girl toy? She had anal sex in ongoing simultaneous relationships with at least 4 men at one time, driving from house to house. Starting one relationship while still living with a man and his son.

She was no victim here and she will deserve death. That's actually too good for her type.

I disagree. But I've also heard similar comments about my sister. And me. We should have all seen her murder coming.

I guess the custom home builder who wrote out a contract on a home for a good faith one dollar should have seen it coming too.

The Jag dealer who gave him keys to a showroom car to drive should have known.

The Rolex watch seller who ordered him a new watch should have seen the writing on the wall..that he had no money and was pre spending his murder victims life insurance before he killed her.

The manager of the bank who was conned in to a 3k loan must have been really dumb or stupid to do that and know nothing about his job.

All of my sister's family and friends who partied with them celebrating their marriage should have known this was too good to be true that night and gone straight to the police.

My point? Sociopaths are successful at what they do because they hide in plain sight.

People feel uncomfortable yes. But NO ONE goes from that to thinking the person is calculating or even capable of murder from that. Normal people don't take that leap. Travis was no exception.

And yes in life you do get to have your successes, your cake if you will, and all your failures and mistakes and misjudgments and still get to HAVE YOUR LIFE.

Edited to,add: Jodi arias did not "bite Travis Alexander in the butt". She stabbed him 27 times, slit his throat and shot him in the face for his "crimes" as she saw them. She also robbed a family of their future with their little / big brother, nephew, cousin etc killing every moment they would have shared with him . I'm sure I don't need to go on.

Now THIS is a fine fine post, katiecoolady! :rocker:

I believe I heard her tell Nurmi that she stood on a stool (or something similar) to get the gun. I have to go back to the trial video to rewatch but as she was telling her story, I seem to remember hearing her say something about her standing on something to get the gun. I remember questioning how she had time to do all that with how she described Travis chasing her, etc.

I will revisit the trial video and let you know if I can confirm she stated she stood on a stool.

The standing on the bench was how she found the gun "cleaning".
She jumped up on the shelf was how she retrieved the gun while being chased by Travis.

that was so ridiculous. we heard every detail of her life, practically from birth, and all the horrors of TA's abuse but she FORGETS to cover that 'other time' he 'tried to kill' her.

she and nurmi must have lost a page of their script or something to leave out such a vital part of her story, huh?

I think Nurmi was blindsided by that one. She lives in her own cinematic world that at times relies on sophisticated improvisation. We've not seen the last of it either I'm assuming.

Couples counseling with someone you want to break up with who slashes tires and crawls through doggy doors? No.

I hope you do!!!!!!!!!!!! Pay attention to the photos jodi staged of her and Travis in the forest, even the snow pic - it is haunting that even the pics she took with him ---the idea seems to be originally from elsewhere.

I look forward to your input!

thanks ANJ...where are the photos in the forest? I have the snow pix. DH is going to check on the movies for me today. Not sure when I can watch them but will certainly do it ASAP.

I have no doubt that it's Juan's "passion." I just think he didn't do a good job at it on Thursday and, from what I've seen and read about him in other cases, I'm not enamored of his style and abilities, in general. And while Montgomery's position is elected, it's a logical next step for a successful prosecutor -- as are any number of other "next steps" that have not been taken by Juan. I can't find his bio anywhere, but he appears to me to be in his early 50's. Phoenix is not a "sexy" venue for an aging prosecutor. And, honestly, I don't give a hoot who disagrees with me and thinks he's "juanderful." It's my opinion and I stand by it. I thought his cross was extremely lame. Fortunately for him, he's got a defendant who's lied on tape multiple times about this exact crime. She'll go down, it's just a question of how hard.

Well, I've worked for attorneys for years and I think he is brilliant. I know there are some on here who have not been exposed to the court system and can't imagine where he is going but it is quite clear to me where he is heading and he is handling her well, in my opinion. Clearly Jodi is trying to control the cross and thinks she has him under control. He leads her so far and then drops the subject. Must make her crazy. I love it.

As far as the politics are concerned, if Mesa were stupid enough to drop him he'd be picked up immediately by a large and powerful law firm. I have no doubt he'd be an asset to either side. jmo

The one thing that I have heard about JM is that his method is different, that it does not follow a linear format. So I'm not going to try to analyze his cross of JA until his cross is done, and even then, his cross methods might be setting up future questioning of later called witnesses.

I believe he questions in a way to throw JA off, to show another side to her, to get entered certain pieces of evidence, and to make points, either right away, or down the road. But I have a strong strong feeling that we will know where he was going, once he finally gets there. And I have a strong strong feeling that when he gets there, he will REALLY get there.

Let's not forget, that he still has his rebuttal as well. I think that is going to be where he might shine the most, tying up loose ends and inflicting a final blow to the defense's case. And then...his closing arguments.

So far, I am so intrigued by his style. I am on the edge of my seat when he is up to bat. MOO, so far. We shall see...

He is the best Prosecutor I have ever seen and believe me I have seen way too many to count.

I understood perfectly why and how he did his cross. This ADA is one of the best Prosecutors in the state of Arizona and didnt get that way by not knowing what he is doing. He has been doing this for decades already putting another female just like JA on death row.

That is one of the reasons I refuse to watch the THs who dont have nearly his expertise nor wins he does. All I see is poor losers. However I do watch Joey Jackson and he is one of the fairest but the nightly shows I dont watch any of them. I remember how they criticized Rick Disasto night and day predicting Mark Garegos was going to win the SP case. Riiiiiight.:floorlaugh:

Juan came out and did just exactly what he should have done. He let her know right up front that the days of the Nurmi and Jodi show were over and he was in control of the questions........and not Ms. Sociopath like it had been for 8 boring days.

He dropped evidence left and right in his questions......and never on the same subject. He would never go chronoligically so that she could just keep stating the same old tired answers like she did in direct. She never knew from minute to minute what he was going to bring up. It was truly amazing how qucik his mind works and I was in such awe as I watched him take chunk after chunk out of her bs storey. He gave her a lot to think about as she sat in her cell this weekend. She has no clue what else is coming but she will. :D

And we have only begun. By the time he is through with Jodi we are going to know a heck of a lot more evidence he has in his arsenal that he is going to use to impeach her.

I loved the first day of cross and its going to be better and better as he piles the evidence on her like a house of bricks. She will have more than a hurt finger before he is through.

IMO

I disagree. But I've also heard similar comments about my sister. And me. We should have all seen her murder coming.

I guess the custom home builder who wrote out a contract on a home for a good faith one dollar should have seen it coming too.

The Jag dealer who gave him keys to a showroom car to drive should have known.

The Rolex watch seller who ordered him a new watch should have seen the writing on the wall..that he had no money and was pre spending his murder victims life insurance before he killed her.

The manager of the bank who was conned in to a 3k loan must have been really dumb or stupid to do that and know nothing about his job.

All of my sister's family and friends who partied with them celebrating their marriage should have known this was too good to be true that night and gone straight to the police.

My point? Sociopaths are successful at what they do because they hide in plain sight.

People feel uncomfortable yes. But NO ONE goes from that to thinking the person is calculating or even capable of murder from that. Normal people don't take that leap. Travis was no exception.

And yes in life you do get to have your successes, your cake if you will, and all your failures and mistakes and misjudgments and still get to HAVE YOUR LIFE.

Edited to,add: Jodi arias did not "bite Travis Alexander in the butt". She stabbed him 27 times, slit his throat and shot him in the face for his "crimes" as she saw them. She also robbed a family of their future with their little / big brother, nephew, cousin etc killing every moment they would have shared with him . I'm sure I don't need to go on.

Great post Katie!

FWIW - if we don't respond to trolls they will eventually go away. I don't even read posts that have the word "but" in the first line.

I really appreciate all your informative posts.

NO ONE can know the thoughts inside the mind of another person. Even if someone does all the right things to extricate themselves out of a relationship, if the other person is determined to kill and there's been no verbal or other indication they will or could, how could anyone know in advance?

Unless you arm yourself with an assault rifle and have yourself surrounded at all times by a contingent of bodyguards and only ride in a bulletproof vehicle, and live in a secured location where no one can get in, you are vulnerable sometime/somewhere. Sure, there are ways to reduce the risk, and there are some good ideas in Gavin DeBecker's books, but risks can only be reduced, not entirely removed.

that's a great question..

the photo of Travis sitting in the shower is ts'd 5:30:30, 45 seconds before the ceiling photo... the sitting photo, in my opinion, is when things started going very, very bad...
i'm not sure about your second question.

I agree moonbird....I think in the sitting picture he has been attacked. I thought she shot him first but have changed my mind since that's what she said she did...IMO if her mouth is moving she is lying....JMO

it's a big desert out there but i'd be willing to bet some man hours were invested in driving around trying to find it. having the murder weapon would have helped immensely but their case is ok without it, IMO, because that 'burglary' of a .25 and a .25 being used are just a little too much of a coincidence for most people to swallow.

Jodi SAID she threw the gun in the desert. I think she absolutely DID NOT thow it there. She got rid of it alright, but no way is she going to tell the trurth as to where, and take a chance it could someday be found.

Couples counseling with someone you want to break up with who slashes tires and crawls through doggy doors? No.

i have a dear friend whose sister was murdered last year by her ex-husband of EIGHT YEARS. messy, horrible divorce, lots of psychological abuse. obviously he had problems moving on, so to speak, and his brother convinced her to attend counseling with her ex. after 8 years, she thought it might help, and so she went.
rule was she got to leave the session 15 minutes ahead of him----but the last time, the counselor let him leave sooner because he thought things were going so well.
so he goes outside in the parking lot where she's getting in her car, and shoots her dead.

that's what counseling with a psychopath gets you.

ETA: i didn't say this right-----they were married for 15 years and had been divorced for 8 years when this happened. apologies.

a clothing co hired jodi for one of their models, this was on the hln program last week. they said first she was very friendly, bubbly and enthusiastic, and then she became more aloof, she would work in the morning, but in the afternoon she wanted to go off by herself taking pictures. the guy interviewed said she had mentioned she was in a relationship and the guy wasn't treating her right, didn't say abuse just that he wasn't treating her right. just thinking out loud, isn't photography expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo