jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #65 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to touch on something someone said about the jury asking to see the scar etc.

That would be interesting to see if she has a scar. In 2000, I tried to open a Christmas gift with a butcher knife. Yes, I was a statistic that year. It bled so much and hurt like crap. It burned like you would not believe and I could not bend it. I went to the emergancy clinic a few hours later when I could not get the blood to stop, to find out I needed surgery because I cut through the tendon.

Today the scar is not even visible from where they did the surgery. If I show it to you you would see it. However, since she didn't get medical help there should be a scar that is visible. I did a slicing motion trying to open the box, and cut right through it in between the knuckle and the hand. And to this day it doesn't have a lot of feeling. Which is common with the nerve and tendon damage and the fact I waited a few hours. Wonder if she can feel that finger?

Kelly

The point to me is that you CUT yourself. Jodi keeps insisting that her finger was injured because Travis kicked her and broke her finger. No cutting.

The explanation of dropped glasses or whatever is, I think, to account for scratches. She's told so many stories I can't keep it all straight.

It was during one of the times she was talking to Flores while she was sitting at the table. I'm sure it can be found here. I don't remember her saying it was the left finger specifcally, but that is the hand Flores is looking at. And all the scratches on her left arm...they came from her cat. Her FERRELL cat. :floorlaugh:

I don't believe she said her left finger, it was that she agreed with JM three times when he specifically said so.

Good morning! I can't believe I'm still catching "new" stuff related to this trial but watching Dateline right now and seeing the interrogation tapes. Caught a part where he confronts JA on her road trip and she acts all "oh...a road trip? last year?" like she doesn't know what road trip he's talking about. I don't know the exact quote as i"m past it but she seamlessly immediately starts playing dumb.

I'm gonna ask on the lawyer thread if the jury can see ALL of the interrogations or just segments shown them in court.

Also are the entire interrogations online for US to view? Anybody know?

I think on Dateline the lady author says Travis turning 30 was a huge part of all this. Thirty is the last year he can stay in his wards Singles group. At 31 you must go into another, older group. He wanted to quit wasting time with Jodi and find someone to marry.

I can answer your first question. It was Thursday's testimony, however I am not certain as to what time.

JM had her agree that the finger on her left hand was injured June 4th three times before she realized and tried to play it off as if she were confused about when they were talking about. She wanted to make it seem as if she meant the time Travis allegedly made a Popsicle stick splinter for her, even though that was completely out of context for the discussion, to which she even agreed instead of claiming "he was talking in circles" again.

Thank you! This is the mention I'm trying to find, because I didn't grasp the significance while it was happening. I think I get so irritated by her belligerence and fake crying that I fail to listen to her words. I will scan Thursday for this part.

Anyone remember Lorena Bobbitt?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

Lorena was a spectacular actress or she felt great remorse. IMO it was her performance in the end that got her off. IMO

I'm so thankful Jodi is neither a good actress nor is she remorseful in any way shape or form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She said in the afternoon testimony, before the break, last Thursday. I know that from my notes because I was in there and on the break we were all freaking out at the "Perry Mason moment" of it. It really read that way in court to ALL of us sitting in there (that I talked to).

I, unfortunately, did not get to see the live testimony when it aired. I had to work. But, when I did view it, I had to go back and listen to that part at least three times. At first, I thought..she just admitted to her finger getting hurt on June 4th. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy and listened to it a couple times.

I could imagine being there. Just dumbfounded that she did that and then the shock wears off, and you realize she just admitted it. At home does not even have 1/2 the perspective as being in the same room. Was it as quiet as a pin when everyone realized what happened?

Kelly

Anyone remember Lorena Bobbitt?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

Lorena was a spectacular actress or she felt great remorse. IMO it was her performance in the end that got her off. IMO

I'm so thankful Jodi is neither a good actress nor is she remorseful in any way shape or form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a cartoon on my fridge of her. It's of the Perfect Dream Date between Lorena Bobbitt and Joey Buttafuoco.

The point to me is that you CUT yourself. Jodi keeps insisting that her finger was injured because Travis kicked her and broke her finger. No cutting.

The explanation of dropped glasses or whatever is, I think, to account for scratches. She's told so many stories I can't keep it all straight.

Ditto.

Kelly

I'm a 30 year old male and can attest to this being correct.

Bravo younger man. I don't have girls, I have men children. I used to think that was reassuring until JA came along and now I'm afraid for them.

Right..she's all over the map with the finger but her BLOOD on her HAND was at the scene..on the wall, during the murder. If that's not cirumstantial I don't know what is. The jury just has to dismiss the direct evidence portion of this which is eye witness: from the lying defendant herself.

I wonder if the jury will take a vote across the board and just decide to dismiss EVERYTHING she's said on her days of testimony.

She said she cut that finger on a glass in Travis's kitchen just hours before the murder. (Yes, the same exact finger that Travis "broke" months earlier.)

That's the same finger that has had it's run of bad luck (Juan said something to that effect, he really has a sense of humor)!

I think on Dateline the lady author says Travis turning 30 was a huge part of all this. Thirty is the last year he can stay in his wards Singles group. At 31 you must go into another, older group. He wanted to quit wasting time with Jodi and find someone to marry.

Exactly. Sadly, I think his last entry in his journal dated May, 18th indicated he was ready for marriage. This very entry could be when Jodi knew it was over, and the planning began.

http://travisalexander.blogspot.com/

I think it's true that many men will enjoy sex with a promiscuous woman but not want her for a long term relationship or marriage.

I'm over 50 & I know the youth of today are different from the youth of my day. When I was young women who slept with a man too soon were doing themselves a huge disservice if what they wanted was marriage or a committed relationship.

Isn't it still true today that if all a woman wants is s-e-x then being promiscuous is a good way to get that. But it's usually not a good way to get a husband?

In my 30's I had a male friend who told me " no man hates promiscuous women, because promiscuity to us is quite fun, just not long term, because of her being likely to cheat, and because of, the likelyhood of her being quite lacking of self respect".

Also don't most men like a challenge? and to "achieve" a woman? If she's too easy and there's no EFFORT required to get her into bed, then she's not "a prize". She had no "requirements".

I see it going both ways with men and women in my age group. Many women have the same thinking and ezpectations. Also many women and men don't want LTR's so they don't care if someone is marriage material or not. Not saying I am one of these thinkers...but I do see this a lot. The "easy" thinking goes both ways more so now.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Right..she's all over the map with the finger but her BLOOD on her HAND was at the scene..on the wall, during the murder. If that's not cirumstantial I don't know what is. The jury just has to dismiss the direct evidence portion of this which is eye witness: from the lying defendant herself.

I wonder if the jury will take a vote across the board and just decide to dismiss EVERYTHING she's said on her days of testimony.

Would Jodi's blood on the wall be circumstantial? Am not a legal type, but that seems it would be direct evidence, sort of like the body.

I, unfortunately, did not get to see the live testimony when it aired. I had to work. But, when I did view it, I had to go back and listen to that part at least three times. At first, I thought..she just admitted to her finger getting hurt on June 4th. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy and listened to it a couple times.

I could imagine being there. Just dumbfounded that she did that and then the shock wears off, and you realize she just admitted it. At home does not even have 1/2 the perspective as being in the same room. Was it as quiet as a pin when everyone realized what happened?

Kelly

I'll tell you this Kelly, from where i sit, in front of the media, I can tell when something of importance has been said because it's silent but all around me there is a furious tapping of laptops which was the case here. I think I let out a tiny gasp and heard some around me. EVERYONE on the break and after court was like "OMG, she admitted that finger!". She tried to wiggle out of it but she was so far gone in to the admission at that point it was ridiculous and showed her slippery nation even more.

We felt the bombshells that day were :

1. the CLOSET photo/gun testimony (I wrote "she can be convicted on this closet business alone).

2. The finger admission.

Bravo younger man. I don't have girls, I have men children. I used to think that was reassuring until JA came along and now I'm afraid for them.

I only have sons, too. I have tried to talk with them briefly about this case, just to make sure they know what's out there, but they DO NOT want to discuss sex in any way, shape or form with their mother. No matter how carefully I word it. Jeez, they're 27 & 30 now, you'd think they'd realize that I'm not a complete innocent. But it's nice that they think highly of me anyway. :blushing:

Would Jodi's blood on the wall be circumstantial? Am not a legal type, but that seems it would be direct evidence, sort of like the body.

You're right, I believe that piece of it is direct evidence. Then when you piece it together with her finger (which refutes the abuse claim) injury it all becomes, together, circumstantial.

But very good question!

oh, don't worry about her parents; just like CA, these type of parents don't mind being thrown to the wolves, anything to save their precious offspring, dontyaknow-- i mean look at JA's mother, laughin in the courtroom; does she look upset to you?

I am not throwing her dad under the bus with mom. I see no indications that he is anything like CA's family

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, IIRC they met in 2001, he quit his job in 2003 so they could "officially" date. Ironically it was at that time he was also going through a divorce. I bet they secretly were together during those two years, which led to the divorce. You could tell he still had feelings for her during his testimony. He ought to just be glad she didn't kill him!
TA could offer her a MUCH better life. He owned a beautiful 5 bedroom home, had a nice car, money...eveything that DB did not have. MOO

Could you please direct me to the testimony of DB. thanks.
And I agree DB should consider himself a very lucky man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni