jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #65 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her journals are different because there's a hearsay exception for prior statements of a party, Jodi in this case. Her own writings can also be used to impeach or rebut her testimony. None of that applies to Travis because he's not a party and he's not testifying ...

Part of his text messages came in as part of the context of the conversation Jodi's lawyers were introducing. There's something called "the rule of optional completeness" (might be called something different in Arizona), which basically says that if one side wants to admit part of a conversation or part of a document, the other side is entitled to have the rest of the conversation or document admitted as well so the context is clear.
Thanks so much for clearing that up.... How about the jurors are they able to follow up on the magazine code instance? Can that come back around in rebuttal or recross if they ask?

Love having lawyers like you on here answering these type questions so appreciated!!

Unless because of her testimony regarding the gun...they find it. In that case discovery does not apply and the gun would come in during the States rebuttal case.

While completely unlikely...:please::please::please:

The look on her face would be PRICELESS!

thread open/approved to discuss the show that was on yesterday
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200592"]Dateline: "Along Came Jodi" - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

nope, "confused", i'm working off of my own clear-headed logical thinking, :)

i understand the concept of saying that the casing landed on top of the blood puddle, but i allow for physics to explain a lightweight & otherwise clean spent casing landing on a subsequently formed blood puddle by getting accidentally kicked around in the scuffle.

i trust the me to explain the autopsy, but he can be wrong in his explanation of anything outside of the body. I know that he has said that the shot was postmortem, and has given his reasons. But the body was staged and washed and had decomposed for a significant period of time, so i think that some of that expert opinion also involves some speculation.

In any case, i do not understand how the shot before or after the stabbing diminishes the brutality of the complete crime. I think it is a moot point.

i so agree>>.

Her journals are different because there's a hearsay exception for prior statements of a party, Jodi in this case. Her own writings can also be used to impeach or rebut her testimony. None of that applies to Travis because he's not a party and he's not testifying ...

Part of his text messages came in as part of the context of the conversation Jodi's lawyers were introducing. There's something called "the rule of optional completeness" (might be called something different in Arizona), which basically says that if one side wants to admit part of a conversation or part of a document, the other side is entitled to have the rest of the conversation or document admitted as well so the context is clear.

Thanks minor4th for the explanation ...

Seems kind of unfair that the dead man can't even help his case by telling his story through his writings, yet this monster can make up lie after lie about Travis WITHOUT substantiated evidence ...

I guess the only admissable statement by Travis would be if he had written "Arias did it" on his bathroom mirror before he died.

ITA...it may not be allowed in as evidence during the trial, but maybe/hopefully we'll get to finally see what that was after the trial is over. I think it will be like :what: for all of us that have been :waitasec: trying to figure out what it was....
Somebody on here said that he went to see his bishop before the murder ... Don't know if that's true .... But maybe she told his bishop everything as a starting point and he found out.... And she was threatening to tell others...

Yo, pardon my Jersey slang, but just wait til Juanderful make his rebuttal .

Everything he learned from cross wil show up then and make her out to be the self servings cold blooded killer she is. S

I O..she had a choice to make when Travis dumped her.....either get on with your life."or"give it up for life. She choice the later.

Thank you,

Moo
She chose poorly...

I was sure that's what I heard as well. I noted that the stool didn't look like it had been moved in the crime scene photos.

IIRC, and I might be mistaken, but I thought she talked about using the stool when she was dusting his closet, the day she found the gun. Did anyone else hear it that way?

Thanks so much for clearing that up.... How about the jurors are they able to follow up on the magazine code instance? Can that come back around in rebuttal or recross if they ask?

Love having lawyers like you on here answering these type questions so appreciated!!

I suspect that Juan will present further evidence about the magazine codes during his rebuttal case. I believe he introduced this and had Jodi identify it and testify about it to lay the foundation for whatever he plans to introduce during rebuttal. I can't wait for that.

Somebody on here said that he went to see his bishop before the murder ... Don't know if that's true .... But maybe she told his bishop everything as a starting point and he found out.... And she was threatening to tell others...

IMO with nothing to back it up, but if Travis did go to his Bishop and tell the whole story.... the Bishop may have told him he was dealing with a dangerous psychopath and that he needed to break it off with her and make it clear that she needed to stay away from him and that there would be no more between them period.

IF and that is a big IF. that happened the first thing she would do is plan a visit to see him.
NO ONE tells JA what she can and cannot do.

Again jmo

Indeed I was a Mormon still am on record, I was not born into church converted by parents age 13 and yes we went a year of "investigating church" with missionaries family home evenings and of course church.... My brother went on a mission for the church. No way she did it in honesty!

Btw the LDS church is amazing and have a great congregation of people and beliefs, never have I been around such faith based people trying their best to live sin free while still being human.

That is why this case is so unnerving to me ... All he was doing was trying to be the best person he could be .... So so sad!

I also think he was striving to be his best. I wonder if he told her he'd gone to his bishop to repent for the sex (as stated by one of his friends on Dateline)? That would be something else that would feed JAs rage.

Hubby say .......That he really thinks she shot first ...SOMETHING had to deter him from attacking her ... otherwise The adrenaline.... flight or fight would have kicked in. Something scrambled him ...don't assume casing went straight down..it could've been tangled up in her clothes ect ..

IMO with nothing to back it up, but if Travis did go to his Bishop and tell the whole story.... the Bishop may have told him he was dealing with a dangerous psychopath and that he needed to break it off with her and make it clear that she needed to stay away from him and that there would be no more between them period.

IF and that is a big IF. that happened the first thing she would do is plan a visit to see him.

Again jmo

didn't jodi call the bishop after the murder in the middle of the night? i think i remember JM asking her that.

Again jmo

Agreed. When I watched the Dateline episode last night, one of Travis' friends said he had gone to the Bishop to "repent". So tragic in every way...

IIRC, and I might be mistaken, but I thought she talked about using the stool when she was dusting his closet, the day she found the gun. Did anyone else hear it that way?

Yo, again, pardon....Juan did an excellent job of forcing JA to elaborate on this issue.

This was discussed early this morning and there is no faking way in " h"e" double toothpicks that those shelves could possibly remain undisturbed as shows by the crime science photos.

I heard that in the show that aired last night The reporter said that Travis had been going to his bishop in order to get back right with the church. I had not heard that before. jmo

Unless because of her testimony regarding the gun...they find it. In that case discovery does not apply and the gun would come in during the States rebuttal case.

But I don't think she told the truth about where she dumped the gun. That gun is the one main thing that could bring on the DP. I doubt she told the truth about where she left it.

didn't jodi call the bishop after the murder in the middle of the night? i think i remember JM asking her that.

Only person I recall saying they got a call in the middle of the night from Jodi is Gus... **queue the circus music**

I'm with you on this! It is a completely different world than when I was growing up. I too have daughters. Scary

Just to ease your mind a little, the crime rate is down in most places.

The difference between now and when we were kids is there are twice as many people in the country and, thanks to the 24/7 media output, we hear about crimes in every village and hamlet in the nation.

If JA had killed TA when I was 20 or even 30, it's unlikely I would have ever heard about it. I might never have heard of Casey Anthony, even though I lived only four or five hours away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member