jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Detective Melendez testified that the camera was upside down and on the ground when the last two photos were taken.

Thank you! Very interesting! The female defense attorney asked the witness if the camera being on the floor and upside down meant the shutter button was facing the floor and therefore nobody could take a photo if they wanted to! He agreed. Hmm, eerie but fortuitous for the prosecution.

Detective Flores noted in his supplemental report that since there was little to no blood from the wounds on TA's body, it appeared they had been washed off in the shower post-mortem. Question: Does it seem more likely to you that she would have preferred to finish the job while he was still in the shower since she took the time and trouble to return him to the shower? This is beyond creepy. ::shiver::

KarmicLaw wrote: I've seen all the texts. I just need to know which parts of which ones have been entered into evidence and where to find that testimony. Seriously bummed that with this slow iPad I have searched got 90 minutes and I can't find confirmation. I'm starting to get pissed and throw this slow sucker out the window.

Both the prosecution and the defense agreed there are 896 pages of text messages and emails, 25-30 to a page, which would be roughly between 22,400 and 26,880 messages! The defense attorney said that's why the case is being tried in 2013, because they had to litigate to force the prosecution to turn them over.

But imo it's safe to say that all the ones you've seen from the court screen captures have been entered into evidence. Sorry I can't help you with links to the testimony but I'm sure others can supply it.

ETA: Here is one link. I'm thinking a quick way to find them might be to put 'Jodi Arias text messages' in a google search box and click on Images. The images showing text messages should link to articles or summaries.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/27/jodi-arias-trial-sex-day-49_n_2777507.html

He has chosen to be a sex crimes defense lawyer....so I am guessing he has experience with making silk purses out of sow's ears. Or trying to anyway.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Is it only me that finds it ironic that a lawyer who has spent his career defending people accused of sex crimes has allowed the victim Travis to be portrayed as a sex criminal in this trial?

Absolute hypocrisy of the highest order :furious:

lol None of her stories make sense. Who would sit there looking through photographs while taking a shower? They would say wait til I get out. I thought she meant that they deleted some pictures earlier, and that she dropped the camera while taking pictures of him in the shower, and that is when he went from 0-120 in a flat second, and slammed her on the ground. I guess after that body slam, he did one of those "TV pauses" where the bad guy allows his victim to get away before chasing them. :rolleyes: For good measure, she should have said that he said, "F'ing kill you B" as she rolled away, because that would have REALLY been like a movie. Just saying.

I agree. They wouldn't be reviewing and deleting pictures while he is in the shower. Take the pictures and review later, plenty of memory. Travis appeared to be very neat and tidy. He had a brand new camera. He is not going to want to get it wet looking at pictures and deleting. What was the reason she needed to say they deleted pictures? Wonder if there were others the police were unable to capture?

Ok, after as angry as Travis was at JA at the end of May, I am still struggling with them having sex on June 4. Especially when there is no other evidence of them having taken those kinds of pictures before. This is the current theory I am working on:

Travis did not know JA was going to see him. She shows up as he is on his computer. They discuss things, she tries to seduce him, and it doesn't work. She is there for a few hours, and acts like she is leaving. Travis then goes up and goes to sleep. JA sneaks back in and goes up to his room. Sets the KY on the bed for staged pictures, but he wakes up. Her thoughts were to use this as blackmail. He gets out of bed and goes down to his office, telling her to leave.

She stages the pictures of herself using the timer. She reverses the time on the camera. Remember how she was so adamant about the emails being 7 hours off? She knew how to reset times on devices. Plus, the pictures where you can see her face do not look like someone playfully having her picture taken. Her face looks more like she is concerned if it the pictures are going to come out all right.

She goes to confront Travis and kind of blackmail him into taking her to Mexico or just committing to her. Doesn't work and Travis goes up to shower. It's then she decides that she will have to kill him because her other plan didn't work. She takes the majority of the pictures of him in the shower without him knowing. When he does see her, she is armed and ready to go.

She deletes the photos before she leaves so there would be no evidence.

I really do not think they had sex that day. I think he spent a good part of the day trying to ignore her, thinking she would finally just leave.

I know there are probably a ton of reasons why this could not be the situation, but it's the best I've got right now. :)
I like your scenario! I think if he was so over her and disgusted he wouldn't sleep with her? Knowing how this would be her motive for Sex. Knowing how to get in the house. I'm thinking she parked her rental car out of sight and never took in her suitcases
She had this well planned in advance. Maybe not everything went as according to plan! She improvised on some things. He was over her.

What happened to the shower drain??

Jumping off ...

Was the shower drain checked?

JA had her handy dandy license plate flipping screwdriver tool - could have removed a couple of screws on shower drain plate - inserted murder knife - replaced and screwed down shower drain. ????

Is it only me that finds it ironic that a lawyer who has spent his career defending people accused of sex crimes has allowed the victim Travis to be portrayed as a sex criminal in this trial?

Absolute hypocrisy of the highest order :furious:

You can imagine his typical defence "Wrongfully Accused"! :banghead:

You know your brother's situation better than anyone else but for what its worth, having pulled away from a psychopathic ex myself and surviving it, some advice. I hope you don't think I'm stepping on toes though. :blushing: Just trying to help...(Apologies, peeps, for the kinda O/T)

1) He absolutely has to establish boundaries and put up a strict 'No Contact' policy. It has to mean just that in order to be effective. (If she's truly PD or psychopathic she will try anything to get a response from him to possibly include stalking, threats, suicide threats leveraged as emotional blackmail, damage to personal property, etc.)

2) Document everything. Every card she sends, every phone call, every time he notices her car close by. If anything proceeds to court level this documentation is essential to show a pervasive pattern of abusive and harassing behaviors.

3) Seek a restraining order even if he doesn't believe he needs one or it will be granted. Then at least there's a record somewhere within the judicial system recording her behavior. Depending on local statutes people can often request a restraining order themselves. The courthouse may have an in-house advocacy group but you can also reach out to local DV advocacies to seek advice on how best to achieve being granted one. (From the very little research I've done on female stalkers there's evidence to suggest this is often more effective than in 'traditional' DV cases.)

4) Call the police for each and every infraction of a restraining order - despite what she says and even if police do nothing 101 times to enforce it.

5) Never underestimate the level disordered or psychopathic people will stoop to in order to hurt their target and be smart. Think about telling people when you're headed out for the day, or parking your car in a garage, or increasing home security measures. Don't live in constant fear but don't assume you'll be capable of handling anything they dish out either. Don't make the assumption you actually know what they will and won't do. You don't - not if the abusive or harassing personality is really disordered or psychopathic.

---------
And you, Kitty, you're being a great sister. :) Keep the lines of communication open with him. Once someone is ready to break free of someone like her, really ready, they often just need people to give them encouragement and a soft place to land if needed. (You're welcome to contact me anytime if I can help.) HTH

Thank you! And definitely no toes being stepped on here! BTW, she's done everything you noted in #1...and add also, about a year ago, she was "pregnant" for about 6 weeks. She claims she lost it. I don't ever believe she was pregnant to begin with. She's left him bruised and beat up, and put bruises on herself that she's called the police and blamed him for. I have never seen such a fruitcake before in *my* life...

The problem I have is that my brother will not listen to advice, and will not consistently enforce any boundaries. So there's not a whole lot we can do, but at least I've said my peace on it in case something bad does happen. My biggest hope is if he chooses to not do anything about it, that she doesn't hurt one of his 2 kids in the process. They are 19 and 20 now, a girl and a boy, and aren't home a lot anymore...girl is in college in another town...but they could easily get caught in the crossfire. They absolutely hate this woman.

I woke @ 1:30. First thought was 'Oh no! I missed court!' Then I remembered it was Sunday. :floorlaugh:

I got up at 10 till 9 and turned on Tru TV! I did not know what day it was either. It's just a habit for me now.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

What happened to the shower drain??

Looks to me as though the whole bottom of the shower has been blurred out. There was a lot of "stuff" in the bottom of the shower after the body was removed so this may be a crime scene photo that has been edited to remove the gore. MOO

That is a scary spot to be in. Years ago I got an Order of Protection against my husband who I was separated from at the time. He had not been served with it yet when I came home one day and he was hiding in the house...which was technically his house as well as in my state there is no legal separation. When the police arrived at the house to serve the order of protection he hid behind the door and co-erced me into telling them he was not there..... Keep in mind I was dealing with someone who was out of their head on drugs and so I went along with his little scam...:blushing:
Thankfully I worked on my co-dependancy and am now divorced and free from his sick manipulations...it was a long road but after many twists and turns I have finally arrived !

thank god! Those are scary and often deadly situations to try to navigate your way out of! NOT as easy as it looks!

I wonder if Juan thinks she pulled the car into the garage at some point?

All that talk about the heat of the afternoon ruining what's inside the car...

I don't think her car was parked anywhere near his house...MOO

Looks to me as though the whole bottom of the shower has been blurred out. There was a lot of "stuff" in the bottom of the shower after the body was removed so this may be a crime scene photo that has been edited to remove the gore. MOO

Yes this was the actual bloody shower, so I photoshopped the Blood out and drain! I was not sure if that one was allowed to be posted!

shower.jpg

If you mean expert witnesses who will repeat the lies she told them.... then yes. ;)

No, I don't mean the expert witnesses. They can have their biases for reasons other than intentionally misleading.

I am referring to friends or acquaintances of Jodi.

The reason I am wondering about this is I was convinced that some would lie under oath for the defense at first, but after the grilling cross from JM, I believe some of those may considering changing their plan. I am not sure JM would not prosecute anyone he caught lying under oath if he had evidence of the lie. I know if it were me planning on testifying to less than the truth, I would have changed my mind on that now.

I guess it all depends on how strict the Maricopa County SA office is on perjury issues. Possibly we could see someone on the defense witness list not actually be called to testify after all.

Well said.

In the few texts I typed out and posted yesterday (the screen shots of those and more are all in the timeline/media thread!), I got the feeling that one thing he may have been mad about had to do with her stalker-ish behaviour... and I *think* the mention of her "magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote you" could very well be the "John Doe letter... just a guess.

He was furious. But how many of us can say we haven't had a bad, angry, messy and/or one-sided break-up in which at least one party got furious... almost everyone always lives through it. Travis was blindsided in that respect, for sure.

He had been in relationships with ups and downs -- Lisa Andrews-Daidone comes to mind -- but never with anyone who was capable of such an absolutely horrific torture-murder.

Until he met JA, that is...

INCOMING -Horrible analogy. You have been warned. :floorlaugh:

This sort of reminds me of American Idol, and the tone deaf. It's easy for most people to hear when someone sings that they are tone deaf, but we don't consider that tone deaf people also vote and that's how some bad singers are considered good singers and get votes and even manage to sell records. Weeeell, in the case of the sociopath, it can't be surprising that there are others who support them, because there are sociopaths watching this case and are like, "Er, duh, what's the big deal? They sound good to me!" Or, something like that. So, yea, anyway... If you know someone who thinks that her actions were perfectly justified, you may want to distance yourself. :p Of course, the good/smart sociopath will know that, around other people, in the real world, they better at least pretend that they find her actions heinous. :p

good one- yes there are dumb sociopaths and smart ones...makes sense..the smart ones won't want to give themsleves away! hey the average IQ is only 100 and that ain't much. think of half the people in this world being below THAT?

I have a feeling she flipped her license plate upside down - I think it was after she left Travis house tho.

I feel she might have done this so that she would be pulled over and then she would know if they were looking for her?!?! Still confused on that because the officer said in all his years he had never seen anything like that.

On a happier note, I picture big ol Nurmi squeezed into a jailhouse chair all weekend tutoring Arias for her next "appearance".
I hope it's beautiful outside this weekend, and all three are stuck inside a lousy jail cell.

I think this is all entirely possible.

i think pretty much the same, except he crawled out of the bathroom into the hall almost to the bedroom where his throat was cut. i think he was trying to get away from her or to a phone in the bedroom to get help. i feel so bad for travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member