jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 13TH DAY #63 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Jodi went to Mesa, Arizona on June 4, 2008 with the sole purpose of carrying out the brutal murder of Travis Alexander!

The message she left for TA on his answering machine should hang her alone. It doesn't sound, in the remotest, believable that she was upset while recording it. She could have tried a hundred times and if she was really upset about killing him she couldn't have recorded that.

I know her explanation of dropping the camera is what angered him enough for her to fear for her life was stupid. When JM goes over every point of blood at the crime scene it just becomes REALLY, REALLY, REALLY STUPID.

I predict a mistrial or acquittal. Juan botched the case on cross for the most part.

1. He didn't establish a credible motive. No focus whatsoever on the May 26th text exchange (where he was very mean to her) and no attempt to link it to the May 28th "burglary". He seems to think that cancun crap is enough. It isn't.

2. No attempt to refute her claim that Travis guilted her into seeing him. Juan could have pointed out the flurry of phone calls she made to him on June 3rd to undermine her lies.

3. Never properly pointed out the inconsistency of her sexual talk and fantasies and her claims of being raped during the relationship. She claims she was anally raped in 2007. When describing this she pretended to act like she was raped, by pausing, crying, etc. Yet, just a little while later she's exploring her sexual fantasies with him, requesting facials and wanting to frak him like a "horny little school girl". Juan should have pointed out how far-fetched it was for a rape victim to continue to engage in mutual, enjoyable, kinky sexual relationship with her rapist. This would have crushed her whole "sexual abuse" crap. I don't feel that Juan made this point clearly enough.

4. He had her cornered on the rope issue. She bungled by admitting that she had no reason for throwing the rope away. Juan could have pointed out that "reason". The rope was imaginary -- conjured up to explain the knife's close proximity to the crime scene -- and her lie about throwing it in the dumpster was made up to explain why no rope was recovered.

5. The gun!!! He had her here too. All he had to ask was;

Juan: Isn't it true that the reason you disposed of the gun was because it didn't belong to Travis but to your grandparent and you knew that leaving it at the scene would have further implicated you?

There are other things, but these stick out the most.

You make many excellent points. Hopefully JM will tie-up all these loose ends you've listed. Because they really are dangling too much, exactly as you've described.

I don't know the technical grounds for a mistrial or acquittal. But I do know that your list makes me think of Casey Anthony's trial outcome. When a prosecutor can't button-up things a bit tighter, well...

In prior days, both he and Jodi reminded me of little nit-picky kittens -- both obsessed with pawing at a single piece of lint and oblivious to the German Shepard lurking behind them. We've watched JM argue foolishly with JA's insanity.

Much of that time I've thought, "Don't get so caught up in the pissing match with her! Lower your booms and move on to set up the NEXT boom already!" Doing this has cost him overall. To your point, he should have been closing each deal a little better instead of arguing every ridiculous thing with her.

A talking head on HLN put it more succinctly, saying cross-examination should be more about the QUESTION, not the defendant's answer. There are so many simple, direct questions it seems JM neglected to ask. To me, it should have been about planting these "question seeds" in the jury's mind.

I apologize if this has already been brought up, or if it sounds stupid but since Jodi seems to have many reasons for whatever she does, ie when JM asks her if that was the reason for something she always seems to respond "It was part of the reason" or "It was one of the reasons", is it possible that one of the reasons she wanted TA dead was those checks he had in his possession. Given her financial situation there was probably no way they would have been able to be cashed. Gives a financial aspect of motive, if he were conveniently dead through no cause of herself then she wouldn't have to worry about paying him back or cashing those checks. Wasn't one of her questions to Flores about the check?

I *thought* Flores mentioned (it was a little garbled if I recall) that anything like that would remain in evidence as long as necessary and then released to the family/Travis' estate after that. She was hoping to just have that check slide and get the money back. Nope. Don't believe so. :)

bitter sweet post, dear Anagrammy... makes my heart hurt, and i want to give you a hug...

bbm: i want her to have to listen to a loop of Travis singing his silly version of the Star Spangled Banner... nothing else from that tape, just that.. over and over.. so she knows, every day, that she selfishly took a wonderful, sweet, funny voice out of the world..

Hugs from one ol grandmother and mother to another!
I feel for Travis family! To see them sitting there! Day after day! with such restraint and dignity! Its so annoying ! to watch Jodi's mother and aunt! Whispering and giggling in the courtroom so disrespectful. I don't think they comprehend the Severity of the crime this inmate comitted! She's got her life in the balance !! Geez hello!! Can't they see The hurt their relative!! inflicted on his family members! , how disrespectful I have no empathy for them!Justice for Travis would be the DP

After the murder would be a cover up, which she admitted to on the stand.

Well, the cover up after the fact can be, IMO viewed as helping to prove premeditation when viewed as w hole with the pre-crime acts.

It also blows self defense out of the water.,

Didn't JA say today that she was running thru the closet and then she thought about the gun? Didn't the time she took to think about it become premeditation

Anybody know where she got the money for the boob job and the nose job?

I just went through a slew of photos and she absolutely has had a (failed IMO) nose job.

In Jodi's world didn't she say she shot him while in the closet, or did she have time to 'retrieve the gun from the top shelf after moving the bench so she could reach it and run back to the bathroom or out in the hall)?

She said she shot him in the bathroom while he lunged at her from the closet in his linebacker stance with the wrong side of his head turned up towards the gun.

All this over a dropped camera?

I will not take that as a personal attack.

I just think it was a "crime of passion".

Yeah, it would be a crime of passion if she hadn't stolen the gun, rented a car so no one would know who was at Travis', brought the gas cans so she wouldn't have to buy gas in AZ proving she was there, created an alibi with Ryan, colored her hair before she got there to disguise herself, tried to delete all evidence of her being at his house, got rid of the gun and knife or knives, ..well, I could go on, but I don't think it's necessary. It was so NOT a crime of passion - it was totally planned, ie premeditated.

IMO, the fact that she photographed poor Travis (may he rest in peace) after she killed him just further proves her completely psychopathic mindset. Shooting him, stabbing, and slashing his neck wasn't enough for her, she had to document it. I have reservations about the death penalty, but if ever a case called for it, this is it.

Which photo are you talking about? If you're talking about the one of his body in the shower that Martinez used today, that's a crime scene photo taken by LE.

Where do I find the link to the court observers posts?

A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and
enji-welcome_zps38ebbd0a.gif

I have been reading since the trial began but just finally got registered. You guys are great and really help to clear up things I am so confused about.

:welcome4: Goldpan, so glad you decided to join us!! :great:

Didn't JA say today that she was running thru the closet and then she thought about the gun? Didn't the time she took to think about it become premeditation

It's pretty clear that's what Juan was driving at. But it would still come down to whether the jury has a reasonable doubt that she picked up the gun intending to shoot him v. her story that it went off by accident. If they're not sure beyond a reasonable doubt that she's lying about that, it wouldn't matter how long it took her to think about grabbing the gun, or even if she brought it with her. Given her version of events, it all boils down to the jury's thoughts about on her credibility on that precise issue imo.

IMO, Jodi went to Mesa, Arizona on June 4, 2008 with the sole purpose of carrying out the brutal murder of Travis Alexander!

I do think it was either he agreed to be hers or he died. We all see he did not choose her. :(

Woke up and was thinking....why ddn't juan play the tape of JA saying that she would beg for the DP? With he most likely doing this on recross to leave as a "final request"?

Woke up and was thinking....why ddn't juan play the tape of JA saying that she would beg for the DP? With he most likely doing this on recross to leave as a "final request"?

I really hope he does use this!

The best parts of this trial, IMO, are when we see clips of Jodi being interviewed - Det. Flores, 48 Hours, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!