Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!! I just saw this on People.com and I am in shock. I had to read the headline three times before it sunk in. God Bless their souls. Maybe someday Susan's body will be recovered.

I think with the smell of gas the worker smelled in the house. All he had to do is light a match or lighter. Instant blast.
Yes. Even if the social worker had turned on the Bat Signal, there wasn't enough time for anyone to prevent this once it all started to play out.

"The children, 5-year-old Braden and 7-year-old Charles, had been living with Susan Powell's parents since Josh Powell's father Steven was arrested on child *advertiser censored* and voyeurism charges last fall. On Wednesday, a judge had denied an attempt by Josh Powell to regain custody, saying she wouldn't consider returning the two boys to their father until he underwent a psycho-sexual evaluation."

With this eval pending, visitation should have been suspended at best or supervised visitation in a public place at worst. As it was, the children were placed in danger, and the poor social worker was as well. That social worker will never be the same again. Ever. My heart goes out to the Cox family and the social worker (who, no doubt, will never forgive herself for not being able to save those boys).

This hurts; I have nothing but love for Mr. and Mrs. Cox, may they somehow find moments of Peace in this life and be united with their loved ones in the next. :(

Graves said they got confirmation of the fatal explosion from Chuck Cox, who went to Josh’s home and observed it on fire.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53450136-78/powell-josh-susan-cox.html.csp?page=2

From the link in Jacie's quote above...

"He was in a state of shock," Hellewell said. Cox told her his one consolation is that the boys are with Susan again, she said.

If LE and the state DID have a case against JP, I wonder if they will release the details...it could cause a huge fracas, to say the least, if it appears he could have been charged by now. JMO

This thread is moving to fast and the Super Bowl is on so here are some thoughts, sorry if they've been posted before.

Even though this wasn't his dad's house I think the destroying of the house was a big part of his plan. I think he might have had some stuff in there that would keep his kids away from him forever if it was ever found. I hope, if he had a computer, that they are able to get something off the hard drive. I'm guessing it was destroyed beyond that being possible though.

I also question his method, as opposed to using a gun or some other means to kill the children and himself. Perhaps he wanted it to be instantaneous, with them all going at once and no chance of survival, or as you suggest to destroy the house and it's contents in the process.

Hopefully for the children's sake, they died immediately.

:(

Sitting here crying in stunned disbelief.

R.I.P. Susan, Charlie and Braden. :rose:

I find it strange that we can find comfort in this. I'm not religious, but I Hope beyond Hope that this is true. Bless all of the victims of Josh and his father.

Because I believe there is something bigger and greater than all the evil in the world and that good wins. I hope you can find comfort how you may we all need it. :hugs:

Can someone refresh me about Josh's mother? I thought she was divorced from SP and assumed JP and she were estranged as well..am I wrong?

Josh is sitting in HELL . . . boys with their precious mother.

Prayers for Susan's Family & friends OMG

Somehow, I've never imagined anyone who is confined to eternal fire "sitting" as that suggests a sort of relaxation or repose to me. Rather, I think of someone doomed to the everlasting fires of Hades as constantly running and in search of a not-so-hot-spot. Whatever the case, Josh Powell's soul will never rest or be at peace. jmo

Okay guys. No more even hinting that the social worker had anything to do with this or could have prevented it.

Let's continue on and leave that behind. What Josh did is already upsetting enough. :grouphug:

But what about the judge who didn't order supervised visits in a public place? Who allowed visits without evaluations and LDT being completed first? Yes, Josh is to blame but the system didn't do his in laws any favors.

Yes. Even if the social worker had turned on the Bat Signal, there wasn't enough time for anyone to prevent this once it all started to play out.

"The children, 5-year-old Braden and 7-year-old Charles, had been living with Susan Powell's parents since Josh Powell's father Steven was arrested on child *advertiser censored* and voyeurism charges last fall. On Wednesday, a judge had denied an attempt by Josh Powell to regain custody, saying she wouldn't consider returning the two boys to their father until he underwent a psycho-sexual evaluation."

With this eval pending, visitation should have been suspended at best or supervised visitation in a public place at worst. As it was, the children were placed in danger, and the poor social worker was as well. That social worker will never be the same again. Ever. My heart goes out to the Cox family and the social worker (who, no doubt, will never forgive herself for not being able to save those boys).

Had a very dear friend years ago ex husband try and do the same thing as she was a smoker. The police told her if she would had opened the door with a lit cigerette the entire house would have been gone. That is how I knew what I was talking about.

Somehow, I've never imagined anyone who is confined to eternal fire "sitting" as that suggests a sort of relaxation or repose to me. Rather, I think of someone doomed to the everlasting fires of Hades as constantly running and in search of a not-so-hot-spot. Whatever the case, Josh Powell's soul will never rest or be at peace. jmo

My understanding of "hell" is that it's an eternal state of pain, grief, and suffering; a place where there is never, for all eternity, a moments peace for the soul. Eternal suffering...eternal! I believe Josh is now experiencing excruciating pain and suffering and that he will continue to do so forever. His soul will never rest, never know happiness, never smile or laugh, never feel safe or loved...he will be forever tortured. :clap:

If LE and the state DID have a case against JP, I wonder if they will release the details...it could cause a huge fracas, to say the least, if it appears he could have been charged by now. JMO

Cluciano, the LE on the live link said they would try to get what info they have released to the public by going before a judge on Susan's case. Sounded pretty open to me and hope they do release it.

I caught a small glimpse of the story while I was out this evening and rushed home praying it wasn't true. What a tragic end to a horrific story. Those poor babies never stood a chance with a monster like him. My heart goes out to the Cox family and, if nothing else, they can take comfort that these little angels are now with their mother.:cry:

142 guests...welcome to WS....I'm so sorry it's under these circumstances.

Everyone,

I have started a thread for those who would like to leave messages of support for Susan's family and friends.

It's right here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161979"]Messages to the Cox Family and Susan's Friends - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I grew up believing that if you go to Hell - that you will forever FALL into a fiery pit and BURN for all eternity. So basically - you are on fire for the rest of your sorry life - and you are free falling while being on fire. That's what I still believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz