Just one more day, mom...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First plan I think she would have called and insisted that Mark fly her out to California.......backup plan she would start her 24hr grace period from CA and get Lee immediately on board to help save her. Telling him what she had done knowing that Lee was her only hope. And as she was without car / money she would insist that he drive her far away, at a place chosen by her and tell him to abandon her at that spot! Telling him to never look for her as once he leaves, she will find ways out of there and go into the unknown. pretend to have amnesia, take on another name and life. She is so good at manipulating people she probably would feel confident that she could pull this off " no problem ". She could get Lee to tell CA that as Cindy wouldn't let things alone and she and Caylee had already moved on with totally new life that didn't include Cindy that she had no choice but to go pickup Caylee from where she had her stashed with someone temporarily and they left for parts unknown to continue their new " Bella Vita ".........JMO

If she could trust Lee, he was usually the tattle-tale when it came to KC's stuff.
I think maybe WillW would have been her best bet, but I think she would have lied to him and said it was an accident, taken money from him and left by herself if she was going to leave. Dunno, I am torn about whether she would stay (likely) or try to roll out (maybe). She is the kind that would not need a car, she would hold up the side of her skirt and "hitchhike" in some form, IMO.

I can't imagine she'd have done much of anything. She'd fed Cindy a whole a bunch of "one more days" during that entire month. We'll be home tomorrow, we're in Tampa another day, tomorrow comes and now we're at Bush Gardens, next day is a car accident. It was all a day at a time with that girl. And in all the 30 days she had some legitimate breathing room to plan something, what does she do? Sits on her boyfriend's couch in a pair of shorts she'd picked up from sneaking into her mom's home earlier that day.

Not much of a planner, that one.

I don't think she had anything specific in mind - she's just used to getting away with lying so she was buying enough time to make up another lie and avoid Cindy finding her this time. I think she's such a sociopath that she begins to believe her own lies and therefore wasn't too worried about detection because in her mind, her story was true - in some twisted fashion I think that's how she rolls.

I can't imagine she'd have done much of anything. She'd fed Cindy a whole a bunch of "one more days" during that entire month. We'll be home tomorrow, we're in Tampa another day, tomorrow comes and now we're at Bush Gardens, next day is a car accident. It was all a day at a time with that girl. And in all the 30 days she had some legitimate breathing room to plan something, what does she do? Sits on her boyfriend's couch in a pair of shorts she'd picked up from sneaking into her mom's home earlier that day.

Not much of a planner, that one.

You bring up a good issue....there would have been big trouble between her and some of her friends, by the time she told CA "one more day." By then, CA had made "the remark" to TL, AH was getting ready to find out she had been robbed and AH still could have gone to the cops and told KC's other friends what was going on.

Casey said this to Cindy at the time of the 911 calls. I'm just curious - what do you think Casey planned to do if she had that extra day, if Cindy had agreed to wait a day?

One thought I had was that she'd tell Cindy that she was going to get Caylee, but then she'd head out to California to her friend Mark, telling Cindy that she'd taken Caylee with her.

I just wonder what she thought she could do in a day that would solve the problem.

Tink

If I remember correctly, this occurred after Cindy drove into the parking lot of a police station, only to find it closed. It was a courthouse only open from 9-5 to pay traffic tickets.

Cindy called 911 and learned that her home address was in the county sheriff's jurisdiction, not the city of Orlando, and she would have to go home and call 911 from there.

It was during that call to 911 that Casey can be heard saying, "Just give me one more day."

I think that "one more day" may have been used to pull one more ruse. We know that later that night into the wee hours of the morning of July 16th, Lee went to Tony's apartment to get Casey's belongings. Among her belongings was Casey's wallet and it contained about $100 dollars. Cindy pocketed that money, even though it was probably what was left of what Casey stole from Amy.

With that $100 dollars, Casey might have left Orlando. She couldn't risk her mother calling the police, so she would have to hold Cindy at bay by coming up with another story.

Casey could have gotten a bus ticket out of Orlando, but I doubt she could go too far with only $100. I don't think she'd be able to make it to MH in California. Maybe she'd head to Tampa or maybe down to Miami. She's skilled at theft, and would be able to make enough money to survive and would make friends with a local crowd and live off them.

Her biggest threat would be keeping Cindy from calling the police. She might have told Cindy she gave Caylee to the bio dad to raise.

Casey said this to Cindy at the time of the 911 calls. I'm just curious - what do you think Casey planned to do if she had that extra day, if Cindy had agreed to wait a day?

One thought I had was that she'd tell Cindy that she was going to get Caylee, but then she'd head out to California to her friend Mark, telling Cindy that she'd taken Caylee with her.

I just wonder what she thought she could do in a day that would solve the problem.

Tink

I think she was planning on taking the 14,000 that was in her grandfather's account and hoping that Tony would go with her. She was heard talking about the money to him on the phone. I think by Cindy too.

It doesnt enter her mind that kidnapping is a federal crime and the police would be swarming and it wuld be a bit difficult to 'GET OUT OF DODGE"

Actually, it was only a matter of a 'short' time before she ended up in jail. She was out of money and stealing from friends now. If she had not killed Caylee, she would have been with tony and stealing from him and his friends; someone would have called the police, as Amy did.

If I remember correctly, this occurred after Cindy drove into the parking lot of a police station, only to find it closed. It was a courthouse only open from 9-5 to pay traffic tickets.

Cindy called 911 and learned that her home address was in the county sheriff's jurisdiction, not the city of Orlando, and she would have to go home and call 911 from there.

It was during that call to 911 that Casey can be heard saying, "Just give me one more day."

I think that "one more day" may have been used to pull one more ruse. We know that later that night into the wee hours of the morning of July 16th, Lee went to Tony's apartment to get Casey's belongings. Among her belongings was Casey's wallet and it contained about $100 dollars. Cindy pocketed that money, even though it was probably what was left of what Casey stole from Amy.

With that $100 dollars, Casey might have left Orlando. She couldn't risk her mother calling the police, so she would have to hold Cindy at bay by coming up with another story.

Casey could have gotten a bus ticket out of Orlando, but I doubt she could go too far with only $100. I don't think she'd be able to make it to MH in California. Maybe she'd head to Tampa or maybe down to Miami. She's skilled at theft, and would be able to make enough money to survive and would make friends with a local crowd and live off them.

Her biggest threat would be keeping Cindy from calling the police. She might have told Cindy she gave Caylee to the bio dad to raise.

I tend to believe that the part highlighted is the most likely scenario although I do not know where she would of headed. KC would of high tailed it out of there as soon as Cindy's back was turned and probably would of done alright for herself for a while. We know she is street smart to put it nicely and could weave herself quite a tale. Some poor soul (probably a unsuspecting male) would of fallen for one of her stories until they realized they were punked.

Maybe it all depends on how many "one more days" CA had already allowed her. Perhaps KC was accustomed to saying that and then have CA not follow up.

Obviously she was because that is what she had been doing for the previous 30 days. I think she said give me one more day just like she had been saying "tomorrow" every time she was asked when Caylee would be home.

OT my dog is biting her forearm which is trigerring her hind leg to kick..you know that reflex. It's really funny.:floorlaugh:

She might have thought about trying to leave the country but with no money that would be a very hard thing to accomplish. She could have also thought about killing her parents to shut them up. Who really knows what the murdering witch was thinking. We might not ever know.

I think she was planning on taking the 14,000 that was in her grandfather's account and hoping that Tony would go with her. She was heard talking about the money to him on the phone. I think by Cindy too.

It doesnt enter her mind that kidnapping is a federal crime and the police would be swarming and it wuld be a bit difficult to 'GET OUT OF DODGE"

It would not be kidnapping - She's the mother, all single mothers have custody of their child until a court says otherwise. And CA did not have any legal recourse at that point. ICA would be telling her parents and whoever she had Caylee with her and/or she was with the NANNY. This could have gone on forever. Unfortunately for ICA, her mother did find her, called the police, and she was put on the spot and confronted by police officers.

I think the reason ICA was talking about that though was because TL asked her why she needed to steal money since she had told him he had that. I just read it in one of his interviews. She told him she needed a backup plan and he told her he didn't want to hear about any backup plan.

ICA had 30 days to run and get out of Florida...she choose to stay..what would she have done with one more day??? NOT a friggin thing, IMO...she must have thought her mother would just keep accepting tomorrow...or it would upset Caylee to speak with you...What the heck took CA so long to get up off her butt and find ICA? :maddening:

I would have called the police to do a wellness check (that wouldn't work for she had no addressess for any of her friends) or called the car in as stolen and have LE look for her and possibly catch her red handed with Caylee's lifeless, decomposed body in the trunk...Why did she wait so long???

ICA lived a carefree life of freedom for that month...no Caylee in tow...she was never worried, concerned for she knew what became of this precious child...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Great question and even more interesting posts in answer. You guys are tops! But I think you give Casey too much credit.

I don't think Casey would have gone far from home in her "another day's" grace from Cindy.

I can't figure out why she didn't leave town sooner like the day, or the day after she dumped her daughter's lifeless body. What didn't this young woman understand about taking the life of someone. Whether it was an accident or not, how could she overlook or dismiss that someone, somewhere was going to begin asking or demanding to know where Caylee was or what happened to her. Humans don't just disappear off the face of the earth.

Had she skipped town before the car was even delivered to the storage lot, she could have possibly gotten away with the alleged crime she's charged with.

Would Cindy and George be any wiser? Would they have smelled the death smell in the car and maybe put two and two together and believe both Casey and Caylee had met with tragedy.

Casey isn't a great criminal mastermind in my opinion. If she was given another day, I thing she probably would have used it to get over to Tony's place and then called her buddy Ray Kronk and the two of them would have high-tailed it out of Dodge. Just kidding about that part.

Truthfully, I cannot see her making any definite plans, just grabbing that one day and maybe hiding out from her parents, mainly within the state of Florida. There is something definitely missing from her psych that leads me to believe she can't take this all any more serious than if she had taken the car out for a spin without her parents permission or came home late after a curfew. That one thing makes this so incredibly sad for me and for Caylee's death. To me it seems the death of her two-year-old daughter meant nothing to Casey.

To sum this up, I do want Casey to once again ask for that "one more day." Mainly on the day of her scheduled execution.
jmo

ICA had 30 days to run and get out of Florida...she choose to stay..what would she have done with one more day??? NOT a friggin thing, IMO...she must have thought her mother would just keep accepting tomorrow...or it would upset Caylee to speak with you...What the heck took CA so long to get up off her butt and find ICA? :maddening:

I would have called the police to do a wellness check (that wouldn't work for she had no addressess for any of her friends) or called the car in as stolen and have LE look for her and possibly catch her red handed with Caylee's lifeless, decomposed body in the trunk...Why did she wait so long???

ICA lived a carefree life of freedom for that month...no Caylee in tow...she was never worried, concerned for she knew what became of this precious child...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I agree! WHY did she wait???:maddening:

If she could trust Lee, he was usually the tattle-tale when it came to KC's stuff.
I think maybe WillW would have been her best bet, but I think she would have lied to him and said it was an accident, taken money from him and left by herself if she was going to leave. Dunno, I am torn about whether she would stay (likely) or try to roll out (maybe). She is the kind that would not need a car, she would hold up the side of her skirt and "hitchhike" in some form, IMO.
I respect your point. And Lee may have been a tattle tale growing up, but still think as an adult he would have realized the importance of how Cindy could never find out what ICA did, as CA would choke Casey this time to her end. Then he'd have lost his niece, his sister to choking and his Mother to life in prison. Perhaps he'd rather cut his losses and have his sister gone, but alive somewhere else in the unknown.

Justice for Caylee

Maybe, though, KC would have been at the 'end of a hallway' as far as keeping CA at bay, since she was finally cornered at TL's in regards to Caylee's whereabouts...maybe she finally would have acted and tried to leave.
I believe the reason KC did not have a fire under her :butthead: during the 31 days is because she and CA had a fight. She could've told CA she was going to leave, which CA would never believe...and when she did not come home the night of the 16th, maybe CA figured KC was being stubborn and at a friend's.
Then over the first week or two, CA figured KC was still mad (their conversations were brief, meaning one or the other shut conversation down as to the subject of KC coming home), but CA was starting to want to put an end to their tension (as most family members try to make up after some cooling down time).
Going through week 2 & 3, CA began to wonder where KC could be staying this long with Caylee, Zanny or not, and she started to spy on KC through social media. Once she found out there were some issues with KC's real whereabouts (like the night she sent Lee out), the dynamic began to change.
By week 4 CA was extremely concerned and angry-KC was carrying it too far-Finding the car was the kicker.
Meanwhile, all this time, KC thinks she is successfully working this whole "We are on our own now" thing with Cindy. Not to mention she is REALLY enjoying the being on her own thing...As if CA would give up after a while.
But CA didn't give up, as we know...

ETA: I am surprised KC didn't make a run for it when she got home with Cindy and Lee was there-Had GA disabled the car by then, or did he do that later when he got home? However, she needed to distance herself from that car, which is why I believe she broke down to Lee. If she had called CA's bluff and the cops came over, and KC told the cops "I am not taking you to Caylee," she still would have had trouble because police would have smelled the car and been suspicious. Whether she told Lee the Zanny story or faced police without ever telling that story, she was still gonna be busted. No wonder she wanted to dump the car.

I think she didn't leave town sooner because she was pretty much focused on being with Tony (plus, of course, her "back-up men" who she kept in touch with just in case things didn't work out with Tony). But as others have mentioned, by this point she's pretty close to the end of the hallway. Amy's about to figure out that she's been robbed, she's been cut off from other sources of funding like her grandfather's bank account, and I can see her figuring this is the time to cut and run - probably to another man. Once in California she could find a new circle of friends who wouldn't even know she'd had a baby. She could tell Mark the baby was with the grandparents, she could tell Cindy and George the baby was with her and Mark.

Tink

We are talking about Casey ten-minutes-at-a-time Anthony. She wouldn't have done very much with an extra day except make up yet another lie. She traveled within a relatively small area in Orlando. She rarely went outside the bounds of that area. I don't think she would have left town at all.

She would do what she has always done - make up another tale. I think she would have told Cindy that Zanny had taken Caylee on vacation with her and her sister's kids to get Caylee away from all the family drama and to give Casey a break (you know, with all the long hours she worked). Cindy might have balked a bit, but ultimately as always, she would give in to Casey. Heck, look at Cindy now and she KNOWS what Casey did to Caylee. She still tries to win Casey's approval to this day!

Actually I researched it the other day- on Southwest Airlines 1 person, oneway-Orlando to San Diego- $137.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back