Kathi Belich as a Defense Witness? Seriously?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
does this mean were going to see mark hawkins interview as per the docs mm just posted about tia sorry but didnt know where to put this

I hope Kathi and WFTV can get some "tit-for-tat" out of this. I want Kathi to file assault charges against Mason for his attempt to injure her after his hissy fit at the last hearing. I'm sure there are plenty of witnesses, if not tape. I then want WFTV to file Bar complaints against Baez and Mason for this attempt to quell the freedom of the press, if that's not against ethics for journalists to do.

snip

Oh she got her 'shots in :) Go to the WFTV web site and find the raw footage of Kathy interviewing Bill Shaffer about the court reporting services letter to HHJP. It is so obvious, to me at least, that she did this interview AFTER she found out she was on the list. The way she phrases her questions and the descriptions she using leading up to her questions are priceless. I would hate to spoil it for anyone but just to whet your curiosity she starts one sentence with 'they were whining in court.....'

So I have to say that there was definitely a little 'tit for tat' going on there and it was most enjoyable :woohoo:. The raw footage is about 6 minutes long.

So ... If I have this straight ... JB fought a gag order to be able to talk to the media but now he is targeting certain media to gag them?

Doesn't this go into the Irony is Rich thread?

I guess he lost interest in his spur-of-the-moment crusade for the first amendment (he'll side with it every time, he said).

It's old...but found this article and he's included....basically about indigent defendants and hardships of their defense on lawyers....it says that Marvin Schecter was the co-chair of the NADCL Indigent Defense Committee back when this article was written.

http://www.nacdl.org/public.nsf/newsreleases/2001mn026?opendocument

ETA : Ironic he was co-chair of the Indigent Defense Committee, and his office is on Park Ave in NYC...guess HE don't do "pro bono"....maybe for a "crate of caviar"???

Thanks, Tinkie ... insteresting ... I'm wondering if there' s any connection here with Baden ... or perhaps Lyon but Jose didn't come up with this one on his own ... Kind of sounds to me with blowhard Mason, who's made no bones about what he thinks about JAC ... that they serve no useful purpose

Oh she got her 'shots in :) Go to the WFTV web site and find the raw footage of Kathy interviewing Bill Shaffer about the court reporting services letter to HHJP. It is so obvious, to me at least, that she did this interview AFTER she found out she was on the list. The way she phrases her questions and the descriptions she using leading up to her questions are priceless. I would hate to spoil it for anyone but just to whet your curiosity she starts one sentence with 'they were whining in court.....'

So I have to say that there was definitely a little 'tit for tat' going on there and it was most enjoyable :woohoo:. The raw footage is about 6 minutes long.

Thank you for letting us know about this video, the link is very easy to find, its just under this header on their site.....

Jose Baez Accused Of Lying To Judge Again

TOTALLY OT!!!
I just watched these vids!

AND i am SOOO JEALOUS of the WEATHER DOWN THERE RIGHT NOW! I can't even SEE MY Grass let alone the garden and if i used a shovel, I still wouldn't be able to turn the soil in my yard, the ground is still frozen!!! I'm moving to Florida!

TOTALLY OT!!!
I just watched these vids!

AND i am SOOO JEALOUS of the WEATHER DOWN THERE RIGHT NOW! I can't even SEE MY Grass let alone the garden and if i used a shovel, I still wouldn't be able to turn the soil in my yard, the ground is still frozen!!! I'm moving to Florida!

Need a roommate? I've been longing to move to FL ever since I began following this case! At least it will be warm here (PA) this week!!

Jose Baez Accused Of Lying To Judge Again
snipped

If it weren't for this poor dead baby this case would be hilarious. I have always admired people with plenty of nerve but I don't know how this defense table can sleep at night without breaking out with cold sweats. I would be so scared of how little concept of the law I had, how overwhelming the evidence is, and how close this trial is.

This can't be fun, enjoyable, or rewarding. He doesn't care about CA and he certainly doesn't have her best interest at heart. Why would he want to stick around? I find it hard to believe JB wants anything other than to get thrown off of this case.

Watching this defense team is like watching a train wreck in slow - motion, you know it's coming, you know the outcome is a disaster, but just try to look away! You can't because this is the craziest dang train wreck you'll ever see!

Hey Jose! Caylee Marie... remember!?

My favorite comment of hers is this sort of thing is so expected it is like listening to white noise (when listening to Baez in court).

No, I have a feeling we haven't seen anything yet. Her trial will be a bigger circus than OJ's.

I have a feeling people will be fainting and passing out etc. All sorts of theatrics will go on. It's going to be a mockery of our judicial system and of biblical proportions.

This is just the beginning. Sadly.

ITA. This is the biggest joke....YET. May 9th can't get here soon enough. :sigh:

This may very well be a vindictive move but that won't fly as justification for adding her to the defense list. I'm betting on the Maya deposition vs. what she said in her televised interview.

I agree, LG. I think it is vindictive and he is gonna use the Maya excuse for his argument.
(You have no idea how much it hurt me to type argument at the end of that sentence.)

snipped

If it weren't for this poor dead baby this case would be hilarious. I have always admired people with plenty of nerve but I don't know how this defense table can sleep at night without breaking out with cold sweats. I would be so scared of how little concept of the law I had, how overwhelming the evidence is, and how close this trial is.

This can't be fun, enjoyable, or rewarding. He doesn't care about CA and he certainly doesn't have her best interest at heart. Why would he want to stick around? I find it hard to believe JB wants anything other than to get thrown off of this case.

I think for JB his main saving grace is ... there is only one way he can go ... UP! He can sink lower but that's just business as usual in his book.

ITA. This is the biggest joke....YET. May 9th can't get here soon enough. :sigh:

I agree, LG. I think it is vindictive and he is gonna use the Maya excuse for his argument.
(You have no idea how much it hurt me to type argument at the end of that sentence.)

LOL - yes, I am hurting with you. I keep talking about Maya and my poster friends are thinking I mean Baez isn't being vindictive. I do think so, he just needs an excuse to fly this by HHJP. See? I like excuse better than argument...

I'm only on page one - but, also remember that Kathi went to the prison and interviewed Maya D.

I wonder if Baez thinks that there is something in that interview, or, something that was left out during editing that he thinks may be usefull??

Well, I see that I spoke to soon and should have read on a little more ~ Sorry ~

uy6fs.jpg

I am really, really really hoping the attempt to add these additional witnesses well past the deadlines will be the last straw for HHJP. Really Hoping.

:maddening::maddening::maddening::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

HHMP is going to have to set a special hearing, over and above the regularly scheduled status hearings, just to address all the problems the defense team has created!

As of right now, we've got lying in court about the court reporters retained in Tennessee; trying to add new witnesses to their witness list long after the deadline to do so has passed; and now adding to the witness list the one and only reporter they've had conflict with because she asks pointed questions they can't or aren't willing to answer. There's one more......but I can't remember it right now.

It's time that all these issues be addressed! So, I hope HHMP sets a special hearing just get these issues resolved. Perhaps he should schedule it for a Saturday morning too.........

I believe Baez feels intimidated by Kathi Belich. She does ask the hard questions, follows his every footstep (lol) and is relentless in her search for truth! I admire KB! She is one tough cookie!!!!

Baez is doing this hoping to keep KB out of the court room during the trial, that's it. He is playing his little boy games of "ha ha Kathy, got you" but I believe Kathi will have the last laugh!!! I hope HHBP gives JB the "what for" this time around. Enough of this petty crap, let's get down to the REAL business here....a murdered baby girl! :banghead:

I'd say this is a pretty good guess, that they are going to try and say she was an "agent of the state".

If that is what it is about, and they are going at it by putting her name on the defense witness list... that is about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Are they now switching to the "everyone is picking on me" defense?

Unless we're defense lawyers, gang bangers or in the mob, or have meth labs in our basements and beat our spouses, aren't we all supposed to be agents of the state?

If Kathi B is subopoened, can she still report on the case?? That's what I believe the defense is trying to supress. As far as the pen pals are concerned, the SAO doesn't even need them IMO. Begs the question though, how did the state coercing the penpals result in KC confessing to sedating her child??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back