KS - Capt. Robert 'Dave' Melton, Kansas City PD officer, fatally shot, 19 July 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have lived in Kansas City Missouri all 42 years of my life and I consider Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas included in one large metro area.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have lived in Kansas City Missouri all 42 years of my life and I consider Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas included in one large metro area.

Alrighty that's cool! :) My intent again purely about mentioning the Baton Rouge killers REAL geographical location is when sleuthing information in the state of Missouri.

IMOO.

Ok, how 'bout we find an island.. like say Alcatraz. Dump them there, they can fight it out themselves, grow their own food etc... NO HELP from taxpayers. Heck, i'd DONATE for that to happen. Too many prisoners have it WAY too easy in jail/prison. And serving 1/3 of a sentence..... no wonder they come out and do it again. Question is, WHY are we allowing it to happen? Why do criminals have more rights than victims?

And i do understand that innocents live in these areas.... and those innocent MEN need to step up and protect their families and MAKE the streets safer. If they supported the police and volunteered, helped whatever, TAKE BACK THE NEIGHBORHOOD. It can happen. There is a way out if they want... they just have to work for it. And unfortunately we are a VERY VERY lazy country these days. Its all about the excuses.

edited to add: I've managed rentals in areas like these. I know these people. I've helped some of them. These are places Where i was told by police NOT to go after dark.. etc. And when i went during the day, i was armed, legally. And what totally pizzed me off was those very same people that 'wanted out' and proclaimed to want to better themselves wouldn't have their rent money, but had nails done, extensions, beer, alcohol, nice cars.... but it was a fight every month to get rent out of them. And these were CHEAP places. 450/mo. and they didn't lack for what they WANTED, but didn't feed the kids, went to food kitchen for free meals, yet had a fridge full of beer/wine/etc. EVERY single time. I'd take clothes for the kids... would take sandwiches and snack packs for them, but once I heard the 'woe is me' over and over and over yet saw the same people partying nonstop, you just have to say NO MORE. I hated evicting people with kids... and called CPS more than once. And what i always heard was 'You don't understand cuz you got a good job and money and stuff'. Yes, i did... and at one point i was a single mom working 3 jobs and lost everything twice and had to rebuild from zero. But i got off my azz and did it. No one helped me but ME. If I could do it, at least 75% of those women/men could do it too. Its called hard work and sacrifice.

Correct as if you lived on State Line rd you could live in either State depending which side of the rd you lived on.

Motive.

The had a CHOICE NOT TO KILL.

The motive was to kill period. AND the killed a police officer.

In light of EVERYTHING going on right now and this kills a police officer???

Please!!!

What difference in motive? THE KILLED the officer while the officer WAS IN HIS PATROL CAR!!!

IMOO.

Actually it seems to me that the world has gone totally berserk. JMO

The US incarcerates more people than anyone.http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...nited-states-had-even-more-prisoners-in-2013/

The problem is that incarceration is incredibly expensive. We cannot afford it. Something has to change. Schools need to have different approaches to dealing with kids. Not,shaming and punishing. Smaller class sizes. Parenting classes starting in elementary school, perhaps?

Jobs and things for kids to do. After school programs. More men mentoring boys.

Sexual abuse is a big issue as girls who are sex abused end up often having kids around age 13- 14. They have more kids as they are searching for love. Each man leaves them. The girl drops out of school.

We have to turn this around not by becoming more and more weaponized and militarized, but starting with infants. We have to provide hope in life. But the more money we spend on incarceration, the less we have for other initiatives.

Some people do sign up for the military so dying may not be such a deterrent. I think it may become very difficult to get new police. Who would want to do the job in these days.

July 19, 2016
7:09pm CT

Kansas City, Kansas, Officer Dies After Shot in Police Car

The suspect vehicle took off as police arrived, but it crashed into a fence and the occupants bailed out at 1:36 p.m., Tomasic said. Two people were taken into custody within three minutes of the wreck, he said.

Melton was driving around looking for the third suspect when he came upon a person who matched the suspect's description, Tomasic said.

Police had been looking for a fourth suspect, but there was some indication that the person was not involved, Tomasic said.

"The last thing I heard was that the fourth person they thought they were looking for, they're not thinking he didn't have anything to do with it," Tomasic said.

Police Chief Terry Zeigler tweeted just after 2 p.m. that an officer had been shot and asked for prayers to start immediately.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chief-police-officer-shot-kansas-city-kansas-40707370

---Appears to be the 4th suspect was not involved.

Ok, how 'bout we find an island.. like say Alcatraz. Dump them there, they can fight it out themselves, grow their own food etc... NO HELP from taxpayers. Heck, i'd DONATE for that to happen. Too many prisoners have it WAY too easy in jail/prison. And serving 1/3 of a sentence..... no wonder they come out and do it again. Question is, WHY are we allowing it to happen? Why do criminals have more rights than victims?

And i do understand that innocents live in these areas.... and those innocent MEN need to step up and protect their families and MAKE the streets safer. If they supported the police and volunteered, helped whatever, TAKE BACK THE NEIGHBORHOOD. It can happen. There is a way out if they want... they just have to work for it. And unfortunately we are a VERY VERY lazy country these days. Its all about the excuses.

edited to add: I've managed rentals in areas like these. I know these people. I've helped some of them. These are places Where i was told by police NOT to go after dark.. etc. And when i went during the day, i was armed, legally. And what totally pizzed me off was those very same people that 'wanted out' and proclaimed to want to better themselves wouldn't have their rent money, but had nails done, extensions, beer, alcohol, nice cars.... but it was a fight every month to get rent out of them. And these were CHEAP places. 450/mo. and they didn't lack for what they WANTED, but didn't feed the kids, went to food kitchen for free meals, yet had a fridge full of beer/wine/etc. EVERY single time. I'd take clothes for the kids... would take sandwiches and snack packs for them, but once I heard the 'woe is me' over and over and over yet saw the same people partying nonstop, you just have to say NO MORE. I hated evicting people with kids... and called CPS more than once. And what i always heard was 'You don't understand cuz you got a good job and money and stuff'. Yes, i did... and at one point i was a single mom working 3 jobs and lost everything twice and had to rebuild from zero. But i got off my azz and did it. No one helped me but ME. If I could do it, at least 75% of those women/men could do it too. Its called hard work and sacrifice.

Thank you for telling it like it is.

Was so sad to hear that we lost another person in the line of duty, mowed down by a bunch of sorry excuses for human beings. I hope they all get the hard fifty.

The US incarcerates more people than anyone.http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...nited-states-had-even-more-prisoners-in-2013/

The problem is that incarceration is incredibly expensive. We cannot afford it. Something has to change. Schools need to have different approaches to dealing with kids. Not,shaming and punishing. Smaller class sizes. Parenting classes starting in elementary school, perhaps?

Jobs and things for kids to do. After school programs. More men mentoring boys.

Sexual abuse is a big issue as girls who are sex abused end up often having kids around age 13- 14. They have more kids as they are searching for love. Each man leaves them. The girl drops out of school.

We have to turn this around not by becoming more and more weaponized and militarized, but starting with infants. We have to provide hope in life. But the more money we spend on incarceration, the less we have for other initiatives.

Some people do sign up for the military so dying may not be such a deterrent. I think it may become very difficult to get new police. Who would want to do the job in these days.

BBM. So what should be done with the three people who killed this officer, if not incarceration?

Firing Squad? Hanging used to be Kansas' method for the death penalty. Maybe if that were carried out, there would be less violence. I just cannot figure out why there are people who think everything has to be settled with a gun.

BBM. So what should be done with the three people who killed this officer, if not incarceration?

Um, prison? The point is we cannot afford this. We have to do things to change so people are not headed for prison.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/07/11/...e-asking-cops-to-do-too-much-in-this-country/

said Brown.

“Every societal failure, we put it off on the cops to solve” said Brown. He listed mental health, drug addiction, loose dogs, failing schools as problems the public expects ‘cops to solve.’

“Seventy percent of the African American community is being raised by single women, let’s give it to the cops to solve that as well” said Brown. “Policing was never meant to solve all those problems.”

“I just ask for other parts of our democracy along with the free press to help us,” Brown continued. “To help us and not put that burden all on law enforcement.”

7 users reading this thread. I don't blame people for not wanting to read the thread.

Let's get back on topic folks. :)

Please!
This thread is about Captain Robert Dave Melton a Kansas City police officer who was Killed.

IMOO.

Shoot a cop.. Automatic death penalty.. carried out within 12 months of sentencing. Get rid of these as#h$le@. And i wouldn't blame ANY cop for NOT going into gang/****/hoodrat (yes i said it) areas. Let them all kill each other. Black, White, Hispanic, Martian, whatever. Time to take out the trash. My patience with lifetime criminals with long rap sheets and NOT getting get of of jail free/early is over. What happened to the third strike rule? UGH. Ready to move to an isolated island and live with the animals.
Agree! agree! agree! Very not PC, but I don't give two craps anymore.
Furthermore, my heart hurts when people say cops don't deserve our respect just for being cops, No! NO! No!
ITS EXACTLY why they deserve our respect.
RIP Captain Melton. Thank you for your service and ultimate sacrifice protecting your city.

I am so following you.

Nothing happens in isolation. An endless effort to look at what are complex and interwoven things with a flashlight only shining in one part of the room leaves the rest of the room dark

Its like investigating a car crash, while insisting that everyone ignore the skid marks , solutions will never be found.

IMO we need to be discussing all of these events with much broader brush, this relentless desire to make everything and or anything have only one component is, IMO, not what a conversation is .

Noone is going to change anothers entrenched belief systems- but making that THE goal, defeats the purpose of understanding why things are going the way they are.

IMO , its what got this mess the way it is, not looking around enough

The whole world seems to be engaging in this simplistic pattern.........it shall continue until that , at least changes.

Confident, most can multi task!

It is almost like MSNBC and Fox
Republician and democrat
Up and down
Apple or Oranges
Left or RIght
In or Out
round or square
horizontal or vertical

IMO not the way the world spins...............

This is complex stuff...........

moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member