GUILTY KS - Iviona Lewis, 23 mos, Hoisington, 18 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So are you thinking he's an brother to the boyfriend of Ivy's mother? I admit, there isn't any clarification as to who he is to Ivy, just that his mother considers Ivy to be her granddaughter.

I'm not suggesting he is the boyfriend or that he's not. All I'm saying is that from what I've seen it's an assumption that's been made, and I'm not seeing strong evidence for how that assumption has come about.

The reasons I can see for the assumption: he's the son of the woman who described herself as 'grandma', he lives in the house, he has a picture of a baby on his FB page that is clearly mixed-race.

I don't think he had Ivi's mom listed as his girlfriend on his FB page (which doesn't deny that she is, but it doesn't confirm it either).

So I'm kind of holding back and wanting some confirmation from msm.

Right now I feel like there's a lot of backstory that we're missing, and that we're running on a lot of assumption. There are also things that I don't think have yet come out in msm and I wonder how they might play into the backstory.

ETA I see now that the KWCH story does say "mother's boyfriend arrested". But I've just gone over his FB page again and it's not glaringly obvious from that, so I guess KWCH got that from one of the family members, friends or neighbors?

I'm not suggesting he is the boyfriend or that he's not. All I'm saying is that from what I've seen it's an assumption that's been made, and I'm not seeing strong evidence for how that assumption has come about.

The reasons I can see for the assumption: he's the son of the woman who described herself as 'grandma', he lives in the house, he has a picture of a baby on his FB page that is clearly mixed-race.

I don't think he had Ivi's mom listed as his girlfriend on his FB page (which doesn't deny that she is, but it doesn't confirm it either).

Right now I feel like there's a lot of backstory that we're missing, and that we're running on a lot of assumption. There are also things that I don't think have yet come out in msm and I wonder how they might play into the backstory.

MSM has indicated that CS is the boyfriend of the mother.

http://www.hutchnews.com/news/20180...es-directed-to-missing-hoisington-childs-body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier I posted a news link that had this in the article:
Chaz Stephens, the boyfriend of Iviona's mother, is being held at the Barton County Jail
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Po...-missing-toddler-in-Hoisington-477448273.html

Wow, another boyfriend kills a baby. :gaah: When is this going to stop? Poor baby. She was adorable.

This isn't specifically about Iviona but is good news considering how many missing children have been reported in Kansas.

Porsha Riley@PorshaRileyTV2h
Today, law enforcement agencies across Kansas are participating in an exercise hosted by the FBI. I’ll have the story on how this training will improve early response in child abduction cases tonight at 6 on @KAKEnews.

This isn't specifically about Iviona but is good news considering how many missing children have been reported in Kansas.

Porsha Riley@PorshaRileyTV2h
Today, law enforcement agencies across Kansas are participating in an exercise hosted by the FBI. I’ll have the story on how this training will improve early response in child abduction cases tonight at 6 on @KAKEnews.

This is probably due to this case and Lucas.

Does anyone know how far away from the house the body was found?

Nothing definitive, just that it was NW of Hoisington and several miles away. If you go to google maps though you'll see that most areas NW of Hoisington are very rural and secluded.

I see a lot of people in the thread calling her Ivy/Ivi....is that a known nickname for her or are people just assuming she was called that?

I believe there were at least 4 siblings - an older sister, then Iviona and two younger brothers.

This is gleaned from Facebook and easily checked, I hope it's allowable info.

I see a lot of people in the thread calling her Ivy/Ivi....is that a known nickname for her or are people just assuming she was called that?

I think from what I've seen on social media people close to her did call her Ivy. HTH

I've seen her called Ivy or Ivi...at the moment I am preferring the Ivi spelling after looking at who spelled it in which way. But that is making me the odd one out in using that spelling.

I've seen her called Ivy or Ivi...at the moment I am preferring the Ivi spelling after looking at who spelled it in which way. But that is making me the odd one out in using that spelling.

I'll join you. All my kids names end in I.

Has anyone heard from the bio mom? A reporter said both bio parents were at Iviona's vigil.

In a just published People Magazine article Police Chief Doze said it was suspicious that the family didn’t call police right away. From the People article:

Doze says it was suspicious that the family didn’t call police immediately.

“It was very alarming,” he tells PEOPLE. “We’re a small community and I will say that in all the years I’ve been here, if and when we had calls coming in about missing children, within 15 minutes to an hour we have found each and every kid. So with a two-day time span and nobody calling in, it was alarming.”

While LE seems to have an idea as to why there was a delay they haven't shared their information. IMO I believe Stephens acted alone so I guess the mom wants privacy. If she was unaware of what Stephens did to Iviona then my heart goes out to her.

http://www.kwch.com/video/?vid=477586943
http://people.com/crime/missing-kansas-toddler-found-dead-mom-boyfriend-arrested/

The People article also called Stephens the mom's "on again off again boyfriend" which makes me think there was prior violence in the home. In an updated article from KWCH it says:

The State Department for Children and Families said it can't say if any reports have been made involving Iviona, but it said it is looking into it.
The Great Bend Police Department ran Ivona's mom's name, and her name came up as calling that police department 16 times in the last two years.

However, police said none of those calls had anything to do with child endangerment or anything regarding children.

Ivona's father, Devonte Lewis, said he knows the boyfriend, Chaz Stephens.

He said they were friends, and at one point roommates before Chaz began dating his ex, Iviona's mom.
A next door neighbor to the home near 5th and Elm says she often heard yelling coming from the house where Iviona lived. But police say they hadn't received any recent calls to the home.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Po...-missing-toddler-in-Hoisington-477448273.html

It's looking like this may be another case of escalating abuse culminating in the death of an innocent child. All MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvdbxo
Back