Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #15 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can assure, the searching has not even kind of wound down. We are just keeping it a lot more behind the scenes now. I can tell you myself personally, I’ve probably searched at least 50 hours this last week (formal, informal, research, etc). And I’m not the only one! We are learning as we go, and we have great people helping us who can’t physically search because sometimes, everything looks the same after awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is so true!!!

HELP RESEARCH REQUEST!!!!!

Many of you might know about the research I’m doing about past cases similar to Lucas’. I’ve been looking for cases of children “disappearing” under mysterious and questionable circumstances. Some were reported as kidnappings, others weren’t reported at all. I started doing that back when I wasn’t able to do a lot of the physical searching, but now that I am focusing my efforts there, I’m not getting as much research done as I’d like.

Would anyone like to help me with some of this research? I have a list of kids I haven’t started researching yet, I have list who I’ve started, the one’s in process, the incomplete (mainly because I added some criteria I wanted after I had originally finished researching with that child) and the complete ones. I can provide you with the questions to answer and a list of some of my most used resources outside local and national news sources. I’m also open to suggestions of children to add to my list-they don’t have to fit Lucas’ exact criteria, and their bodies don’t even have to be found yet, I’m interested in all kinds of cases because I’m looking for patterns if that make sense. If anyone thinks they might like to take a few names and help me, let me know and I will post my list of kids, my questions to fill out and my resources.

I will warn you it’s a rabbit hole once you start down it! I started this list for one reason but I’m continuing it for another. I’ve also decided to reformat this report so you can see it better, so that’s taking me some time to do but I’m hoping to finish it up in the next few days!

Thank you in advance if you’d like to help! Even if it’s only a child or two, it’s taking me on average 30 min or more to do each child, mainly because I can’t stop reading as much as possible before I move on [emoji849] My pace has slowed wwwwaaayyyy down the more I read!

I may be familiar with some of the cases. I’ll send you a message.

I have to admit I was one of the people hoping he would be found over Easter weekend and brought home. Maybe even during an egg hunt at a park (though at the same time worried for anyone that might have found him). He really needs to be home.

ESO, I am happy to assist. I'm inexperienced with the navigation here and have so much to study in order to properly comply with Websleuths regulations. I appreciate your dedication and the positiive strength shown by other posters.

statistically he’s not likely to be found for awhile. I am very much a realist. It brings me deep sorrow to convey that fact. I will welcome if proven wrong.

Many approaches are effective and excellent ideas.

I do do not agree that approaching TOM BRADY to like a Facebook page is a good idea at all. Facebook has become a crutch of sorts to millions and I firmly believe it’s not a good place to go to help find anyone. Good old fashioned legwork is going to find Lucas. In many ways people trust Facebook with private information that they should not.

Lucas maybe found by the boots on the ground searchers, and/or law enforcement, but Facebook isn’t going to find him. Statistically I have never heard nor read that Facebook has found a body or solved a murder.

Ad if you get into a legal conflict or divorce, almost anything in conflict attorneys examine Facebook and other SOCIAL MEDIA FIRST.

think about it. Would you like EVERYTHING SHARED ON SOCIAL MEDIA including private messaging part of public record for anything[emoji845][emoji845][emoji845] I don’t.

Use a facebook page to change kansas child child protective services.

We’ll agree to disagree on your stance. As someone who runs a non-profit for missing people, I can assure that FB is our most valuable asset for getting the word out about a missing person. As a matter of fact, a body was recovered two days ago after someone saw a FB post and helped with the search. People have no idea how much goes on “behind the scenes” after a FB post is seen or shared. The tips and leads we receive are invaluable (though not publicized).

As an aside, I also work in family law and agree that social media is the first thing I advise clients to deactivate until the divorce/custody case is resolved.

Missing persons cases and civil law disputes are in no way comparable.

statistically he’s not likely to be found for awhile. I am very much a realist. It brings me deep sorrow to convey that fact. I will welcome if proven wrong.

I do do not agree that approaching TOM BRADY to like a Facebook page is a good idea at all. Facebook has become a crutch of sorts to millions and I firmly believe it’s not a good place to go to help find anyone. Good old fashioned legwork is going to find Lucas. In many ways people trust Facebook with private information that they should not.

Lucas maybe found by the boots on the ground searchers, and/or law enforcement, but Facebook isn’t going to find him. Statistically I have never heard nor read that Facebook has found a body or solved a murder.

Ad if you get into a legal conflict or divorce, almost anything in conflict attorneys examine Facebook and other SOCIAL MEDIA FIRST.

think about it. Would you like EVERYTHING SHARED ON SOCIAL MEDIA including private messaging part of public record for anything⁉️⁉️⁉️ I don’t.

Wait. Where did Facebook come into this?

think about it. Would you like EVERYTHING SHARED ON SOCIAL MEDIA including private messaging part of public record for anything[emoji845][emoji845][emoji845] I don’t.

Wow. What a lovely sentiment. Thank you for being so negative about all of the work everyone is putting in.

Clearly, my time away has not been long enough.

I’m contacting them today.

They received many comments re: not mentioning Lucas at their briefing before...I'm surprised this has happened again. It must be intentional. Moo.

They received many comments re: not mentioning Lucas at their briefing before...I'm surprised this has happened again. It must be intentional. Moo.
EG likes attention. Maybe the silence will make her talk?

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

rsbm

Statistically I have never heard nor read that Facebook has found a body or solved a murder.

(O/T, catching up here, ftr a quick search pulled this up, I'm sure there are other similar articles out there:

SPECIAL REPORT: How social media helped a father solve his daughter's murder
http://wsbt.com/news/local/how-facebook-couldve-helped-solve-a-five-year-cold-case )

(Eta: quite interesting actually....I googled "Facebook solves murder", different stuff coming up:

Facebook post helps solve 34-year-old cold case murder of teen girl from Michigan found stabbed nine times and left under pile of leaves in Louisiana
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-nine-times-left-pile-leaves-Louisiana.html

"Carol's sister made Craigslist posts across Louisiana and Texas
At the same time, the Bossier Parish Sheriff's Department created a Facebook page for their 'Jane Doe' body
A 911 dispatcher saw the Craigslist post and made the connection" )

( Mysterious Murder Case Solved, Thanks To Killer's Facebook Selfie
http://www.ibtimes.com/mysterious-murder-case-solved-thanks-killers-facebook-selfie-2642604

“"It’s quite remarkable how the police developed this information,” prosecutor Robin Ritter said Monday in court, adding that Antoine poses a threat to public safety." )

As for reaching out to Tom Brady, I don't see how something like that could hurt??

SM is the modern telegraph, watering hole, water cooler, bulletin board - community connections. It's merely a meeting place for people to discuss and connect. It's a vessel for facilitating events to occur. It's the same as the aforementioned places, just digitised. This is how the world and communities interface now. The responsibility is on the individual to use it wisely - communicating and promoting finding Lucas is just that. Telling FB your personal details is not.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Wow. What a lovely sentiment. Thank you for being so negative about all of the work everyone is putting in.

Clearly, my time away has not been long enough.

So well said Ana....

They mentioned Lucas last week after a personal request was made to the chief to let people know the case is still active.

(O/T, catching up here, ftr a quick search pulled this up, I'm sure there are other similar articles out there:

SPECIAL REPORT: How social media helped a father solve his daughter's murder
http://wsbt.com/news/local/how-facebook-couldve-helped-solve-a-five-year-cold-case )

(Eta: quite interesting actually....I googled "Facebook solves murder", different stuff coming up:

Facebook post helps solve 34-year-old cold case murder of teen girl from Michigan found stabbed nine times and left under pile of leaves in Louisiana
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-nine-times-left-pile-leaves-Louisiana.html

"Carol's sister made Craigslist posts across Louisiana and Texas
At the same time, the Bossier Parish Sheriff's Department created a Facebook page for their 'Jane Doe' body
A 911 dispatcher saw the Craigslist post and made the connection" )

There are many non-publicized cases out there. I can’t imagine NOT using social media in a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79