Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #15 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new perhaps but they did change their cover photo (WPD FB) to Lucas. And I hope it’s because many of us have been badgering them via social media about not sharing his flyer in the last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there was something new - The first thing they said was that Lucas Hernandez was still an active investigation and for anyone with information to call. They haven't said ANYTHING about him in days.

FindLucasAllen, please know that we appreciate your being here and posting here more than you know. We are really lucky to have you and here with us.

If anyone here on the thread ever posts anything that offends you or is insensitive, please alert on the post and/or message me. Some people may not even realize what they are saying is insensitive, but since I can't read every post, I appreciate your (and others) letting me know if there are any problems.

I would hate for you to stop posting here. I would hope that everyone here knows how much you love Lucas.
Oops, I didn't mean to make it seem like anyone here has been rude or insensitive. That's all happening elsewhere. Everyone here has been great :)

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

PommyMommy from thread 14 #888

You are spot on! I have done this long enough to know that if you simply regurgitate the same photo with the same information, people stop “seeing” it. Factual details are important, but sometimes you have to go for an emotional appeal. And damnit, I am emotional at this point - we all are!

Yep, yep, yep and yep!!! I think a pinned post with "10 ways YOU can help find Lucas" and all the detailed info (phone numbers, websites, emails, etc.) would be very helpful for first-time visitors to the page who may not have time to read the entire wall. Making it a post instead of a graphic would allow the links to be live, and you could still include a simple photo or graphic below the information and change it periodically. Start with the photo of Lucas dying eggs, maybe. :(

JMO

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it's exhausting putting yourself in the public eye even just a little bit. Even commenting here or elsewhere my words are picked apart and judged. We have met so many wonderful people, but we've met just as many people who are vile. This is entertainment to them and I can only describe them as being vultures.

We went to a vigil early on where I was personally hoping to pray, let myself cry, and just focus on Lucas. It was nice until the very last moment when two people chose to speak up and say they would love to take Lucas into their homes and give him love because "That's more than the adults in his life ever did for him." It's crushing to hear that. It's tough to have to stand there and listen to it because it's being broadcasted live on the internet and if you walk away you'll be judged.

All of that to say that we want Lucas out there. We want everyone to continue talking about him. If anyone has to get on television in order for that to happen then we will, but it's a harder decision to make than most people realize.

I just want to chime in and say you don’t owe anyone anything.

People will judge you for not speaking and people will judge you when you do speak. You will be judged when you search, and when you don’t search. You will be judged when you post a Lucas flyer on social media, and also when you delete your social media.

What I’m trying to get across is that people are *advertiser censored**holes. They will judge you for everything you do - no matter what it is. You need to do what YOU feel is right. And it’s okay if that is mourn from home and keep to yourself.

I know it is easier said than done- but I really hope you are able to tune those people out. The internet is infested with them. God forbid that they are ever in the position you are in.

I think I speak for the vast majority of us when I say we love you and we are not questioning your every move.

I’m sorry people suck.

FindLucasAllen, please know that we appreciate your being here and posting here more than you know. We are really lucky to have you and here with us.

If anyone here on the thread ever posts anything that offends you or is insensitive, please alert on the post and/or message me. Some people may not even realize what they are saying is insensitive, but since I can't read every post, I appreciate your (and others) letting me know if there are any problems.

I would hate for you to stop posting here. I would hope that everyone here knows how much you love Lucas.

Ditto ^^^ My sentiments exactly --Thanks LilTexans for posting this

Praying today is the day Lucas is found-- God Bless you all for everything you are doing to find this sweet, innocent child.

People will judge you for not speaking and people will judge you when you do speak. You will be judged when you search, and when you don’t search. You will be judged when you post a Lucas flyer on social media, and also when you delete your social media.

What I’m trying to get across is that people are *advertiser censored**holes. They will judge you for everything you do - no matter what it is. You need to do what YOU feel is right. And it’s okay if that is mourn from home and keep to yourself.

I know it is easier said than done- but I really hope you are able to tune those people out. The internet is infested with them. God forbid that they are ever in the position you are in.

I think I speak for the vast majority of us when I say we love you and we are not questioning your every move.

I’m sorry people suck.

Very well said! And also remember that a lot of people are 'headline skimmers', people who read a headline and a little bit about something and then rush to make their comment. Even though they care, they can say incorrect things, or things that hurt, because they don't have all the details.

I love to see the Lucas' avatars here :loveyou:

He has such a darling smiley face!

Something else that has touched me about him is in the birthday video when his mom said "you're five years old!" and he gave that darling happy 'snort'. He seems such a sweet little thing...it brings tears to my eyes thinking about it :-(

He has such a darling smiley face!

Something else that has touched me about him is in the birthday video when his mom said "you're five years old!" and he gave that darling happy 'snort'. He seems such a sweet little thing...it brings tears to my eyes thinking about it :-(

Ah, that video :heartbeat: Heartbreaking.

I’m sorry people suck.

I couldn’t have said it better ❤️

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it's exhausting putting yourself in the public eye even just a little bit. Even commenting here or elsewhere my words are picked apart and judged. We have met so many wonderful people, but we've met just as many people who are vile. This is entertainment to them and I can only describe them as being vultures.

We went to a vigil early on where I was personally hoping to pray, let myself cry, and just focus on Lucas. It was nice until the very last moment when two people chose to speak up and say they would love to take Lucas into their homes and give him love because "That's more than the adults in his life ever did for him." It's crushing to hear that. It's tough to have to stand there and listen to it because it's being broadcasted live on the internet and if you walk away you'll be judged.

All of that to say that we want Lucas out there. We want everyone to continue talking about him. If anyone has to get on television in order for that to happen then we will, but it's a harder decision to make than most people realize.

I’m sorry people suck.

In my question I was not judging any family for speaking or not speaking... my question was if LE had asked them not to speak . FLA I do appreciate you and like I said above my heart breaks for you.

In my question I was not judging any family for speaking or not speaking... my question was if LE had asked them not to speak . FLA I do appreciate you and like I said above my heart breaks for you.
I understand. To answer your question, no LE hasn't told anyone not to speak out. The only thing they've said is to keep some of the info to ourselves.

I wasn’t directing my response at you. Just people in general. They can be so cruel.

At this point we need to sit back and trust the process of the investigation. Not question or accuse the family who clearly love Lucas.

Tensions are just going to effect everyone directly involved in situations like this. It's par for the course, unfortunately.
Stay strong FLA and to everyone else who loves and in searching for Lucas.
The lack of news puts everyone on edge. I can't imagine the stress put on the immediate family.:(

:moo:

posted the link to the FB page 9 days ago. We now have 1,240 followers over there - in 9 days! And today is only just getting started. That's a whole lot of reach for each post:

attachment.php

SO glad to see this! I'm betting that me sharing the page/posts on my pages probably contributed a lot to the large post reach as well as new likes! I'm a PM away if you guys need me to share anything again. <3

Charliegizmo, please don't share where searches are occurring. Thank you!

I can't figure out how to flag posts on tapatalk.

Edit: that is interesting info though.

Charliegizmo, please don't share where searches are occurring. Thank you!

I can't figure out how to flag posts on tapatalk.

Edit: that is interesting info though.

I flagged them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics