Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to those that commented I’m not sure how to get the quotes to work yet.

It wasn’t easy for me to go forward in one way. Because like I said my I have only one left at home. She just turned 14 (ouch) she also is n/v autism . I know she will be with me forever which I’m totalky ok with. She’s now a good kid. And life had actually gotten so easy with her. She hit puburity and we lost all negative behaviors stims etc. I can do whatever I need to and take her along and she’s a angel. The one older then her is a senior at K-state ( boy) then a son 2 years older then him. And my oldest who is the mother to my 2 grandchildren. I’m in my 40’s I didn’t plan on doing the baby and toddler and everything all over again. Plus the impact it would have on my s/n child. However my grandson (I didn’t mention that he was a boy ) was basically dumped here the day he turned 15 months old. He will be 3 in Early July. I didn’t think I could do it all again and do right by him. But on the other hand like many reminded me. I already HAD been doing it for more of his life then his mom ever did. He knows no other life. He doesn’t even know his mom. He doesn’t know what a mom is suppose to do. He calls me Grandma he calls her momma but that’s just her name in his eyes.

I know my daughter threatened to take him often maybe she wouldn’t of. But I know her and when she gets mad enough she would do just that. Plus the crying and whatnot when she did take him :(. I feared if he survived life after going back to her he would come to me someday and ask why I didn’t keep him? He never even bonded with his mom period. She did bond with her oldest son. And his dad is in a panic everytime his mother does actually show up and take him for her weekends which is rare. Drugs rule her. I knew he’d need to start school this next year and dang it this baby has no voice no one to be one HIS side. Then Lucas story hit omg , we came up with the cash really quick and retained a lawyer the same day. Not sure how we did it but we did. I would of backed out if not for Lucas’s little face .

The advantage I have that my ex son in law doesn’t have is they have joint legal custody. But he has full residential. He has to let his son go with her he already tried not. But I don’t have to at all . I could actually get in trouble for doing so since I’m leaving him with someone who the court declares unfit. This might push my ex son in law to get things changed with my 5 yr old grandson.
But I love this little boy with my everything he is Happy and healthy and treated exactly the same as my child still left at home. He is biracial and in our town sadly that will stigmatize him. He doesn’t need to also be known has the kid with the druggie and drug dealer mommy. It’s heartbreaking my daughter is a totally different person from the girl I raised. I can’t help her I’ve tried. But I can make sure her son has a great life. I do make sure his dad as unlimited access to him.

Again with this, its the same as it was with EG.

Why is your daughter too unfit for her youngest son, but not too unit for her oldest son. Like with EG, why is she not allowed her own bio children, but is allowed MH & someone elses child; LH.

The system is messed up.

Thank you for saving that little boy.

.. I’m still surprised at how quiet family is. We have 3 separate families involved EG -JO and JH . Have the police asked them not speak . Not to appeal to the public.
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it's exhausting putting yourself in the public eye even just a little bit. Even commenting here or elsewhere my words are picked apart and judged. We have met so many wonderful people, but we've met just as many people who are vile. This is entertainment to them and I can only describe them as being vultures.

We went to a vigil early on where I was personally hoping to pray, let myself cry, and just focus on Lucas. It was nice until the very last moment when two people chose to speak up and say they would love to take Lucas into their homes and give him love because "That's more than the adults in his life ever did for him." It's crushing to hear that. It's tough to have to stand there and listen to it because it's being broadcasted live on the internet and if you walk away you'll be judged.

All of that to say that we want Lucas out there. We want everyone to continue talking about him. If anyone has to get on television in order for that to happen then we will, but it's a harder decision to make than most people realize.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I finally came out of lurking over this case. It has been killing me to watch this all unfold. I’m in a town small that surrounds Wichita. Their local news is the same as ours , we have to go there weekly for shopping or drs ect.

This case has haunted me like no other. See my family is in a very similar situation. I still have a child of my own at home and grown children. My oldest child as become a person I don’t even know anymore. Drugs got her and I can’t help her. God knows I tried. She was at one point the best mom I was so proud of her. But she got addicted and became another person. Her first child is in the costody of her ex. But she had another child younger. This child wasn’t yet to my knowlage physically abused. But was certainly neglected. I feared what would happen .She rarely even had the baby except to play “mommy” once in awhile but I lived in fear when she rarely had the baby what was happening . She pretty much just left the baby shortly after the baby turned 1 with us. But we had no rights we couldn’t not give the child to her when she would come around a make demands that we do this or that or she was taking said baby. Many times she’d go months with no contact show up and just take the child we had no rights to withold the child from her. The father was involved but had no legal rights to child either. He couldn’t get any either without mom agreeing. Kansas laws really suck in that area but that’s another story.

Dcfs sure they were called on her several times due to drug activity at her place the people guys etc she’s lived with. But the child was never present when things happened or they showed up. The child was with me. So they would follow up come to my home and tell me that had if the child been there in care when they were there they would of been removed the child. But since baby wasn’t they had nothing no case on her. They said do your best to keep baby out of that situation as in try to talk her out of taking baby for visits etc. although she was the only one who had rights so the child was kind of screwed. They said the other options I had was to let the child go to her. And eventually hopefully sooner then later they would catch up with her a remove the child. I could then most likely be awarded guardian. But there was a risk on what would happen before they got another call to the place. I honestly feared waiting for that to happen would cause so much damage possibly even be to late.

The other option was to simply file for guardian ship which would give us all legal rights to said child. With the bonus of a 3rd party guardian or custody given would not include having to give her any parenting time visits etc. it’s all up to the guardian to make those decisions. But it’s not a easy thing to do in Kansas. And it’s expensive and I would totally lose my own child( meaning the baby’s mom) by doing this and if we lost we most likely never see the child we’ve have for at this point over half the child life. But things were getting bad the child was returned always sick dirty , we started to worry she was drugging baby maybe even abusing baby by late January.

Then Lucus’s story broke. I saw my grandchild in this senerio. My daughter was doing the same weird behaviors I saw play out in the characters of Lucus. She even had the shady live in boy friend. I cried for the family of Lucas I knew how close I was to becoming them. His grandma who’s hands were tied etc. something in me changed and I couldn’t let this now almost 3 year be the “next Lucas” the next child failed by Kansas dcfs.

but we had to at least try. Lucas’s case pushed that clear in my mind. We retained a lawyer and got emergacies orders to protect the child . Our case came up last week. I knew it was a huge chance we were taking. But we were granted full legal guardianship / custody of this child. We don’t have to even let his mother see him. Which we want her to clean up and be a parent. Someday I pray. But we got the paperwork this week. Giving us the degree of guardianship certificates. The final ruling from the judge was not one I expected. Usually they say parent is unable / unstable etc. but due to circumtances and evidence they obtained , probably from the lawyer for the child which we don’t know that part is sealed. They ruled my daughter unfit . Which means it’s going to be a rough road for her to ever get this child back. I wish god I wish the outcome for Lucas had a happy ending. But I’ll never forget Lucas his case was the trigger to save another child.

So sorry for the length
You are my frikkin hero! Good job grandma. Do not trust your daughter to be alone with your grandchild, as she may run off.

:grouphug:

Philgumbo, Chihuahua and ScarletLin, so sorry to hear of your recent losses of a loved one. It is a Blessing that you can try to help someone dealing with a possible loss. You are truly wonderful. I hope your wonderful memories will comfort you, as times goes by.

Hoping Luca is found soon.

I lost my brother 15 years ago to suicide. I remember having to see his body so at least my brain would accept the fact. I dont know how you trudge on with out proof of anything.
That's so sad. But you are right, closure is needed to move on. *hugs*

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it's exhausting putting yourself in the public eye even just a little bit. Even commenting here or elsewhere my words are picked apart and judged. We have met so many wonderful people, but we've met just as many people who are vile. This is entertainment to them and I can only describe them as being vultures.

We went to a vigil early on where I was personally hoping to pray, let myself cry, and just focus on Lucas. It was nice until the very last moment when two people chose to speak up and say they would love to take Lucas into their homes and give him love because "That's more than the adults in his life ever did for him." It's crushing to hear that. It's tough to have to stand there and listen to it because it's being broadcasted live on the internet and if you walk away you'll be judged.

All of that to say that we want Lucas out there. We want everyone to continue talking about him. If anyone has to get on television in order for that to happen then we will, but it's a harder decision to make than most people realize.

Oh FLA, my heart breaks for you over and over. That is awful. People can be so cruel. ((((hugs)))) I totally get what you are saying about putting yourself out there.

PommyMommy from thread 14 #888

You are spot on! I have done this long enough to know that if you simply regurgitate the same photo with the same information, people stop “seeing” it. Factual details are important, but sometimes you have to go for an emotional appeal. And damnit, I am emotional at this point - we all are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emotions can be a good thing. And I was just perusing the Find Lucas FB page. Did you creat that PB or did FLA?? There’s a pic of Lucas wearing my favorite athlete of all times jersey - Tom Brady. This one https://www.facebook.com/SearchingF...41829.413644252416102/414467295667131/?type=3
So I’m going for an emotional appeal. Going to post, tweet, insta that picture on Mr. Brady’s social media and beg him to like, retweet etc. One can say what they want about my Tom but he has a heart of gold.
Is that ok with you PB? Also going to share a flyer.

Eta: hoping that if he retweets, likes, etc it will increase exposure. TB has a gazillion followers. And edited again to ask if PB or FLA created the page. Need more coffee

Oh FLA. I get it.

And while I do wish I could take him in... it's for the pure fact that he is just so darn cute! Not because I think you all don't love him. He's clearly loved. My god.

If you can develop a thick skin and keep stepping up and speaking out, you'll be ready for politics when this is over. *giggle* I along with most others are very proud of you and hope that the negativity will only make you stronger, and louder.

Emotions can be a good thing. And I was just perusing the Find Lucas FB page. Did you creat that PB? There’s a pic of Lucas wearing my favorite athlete of all times jersey - Tom Brady. This one https://www.facebook.com/SearchingF...41829.413644252416102/414467295667131/?type=3
So I’m going for an emotional appeal. Going to post, tweet, insta that picture on Mr. Brady’s social media and beg him to like, retweet etc. One can say what they want about my Tom but he has a heart of gold.

Eta: hoping that if he retweets, likes, etc it will increase exposure. TB has a gazillion followers.

Share away! Thank you!!

Nothing new perhaps but they did change their cover photo (WPD FB) to Lucas. And I hope it’s because many of us have been badgering them via social media about not sharing his flyer in the last month.

Yes it seems like near every comment is about Lucas.

Emotions can be a good thing. And I was just perusing the Find Lucas FB page. Did you creat that PB or did FLA?? There’s a pic of Lucas wearing my favorite athlete of all times jersey - Tom Brady. This one https://www.facebook.com/SearchingF...41829.413644252416102/414467295667131/?type=3

Eta: hoping that if he retweets, likes, etc it will increase exposure. TB has a gazillion followers. And edited again to ask if PB or FLA created the page. Need more coffee

FLA, AnaPicses and I are all admins. Share, share, share!!

FLA, AnaPicses and I are all admins. Share, share, share!!

PB,
Just thinking, is there a way to get pictures circulating of the clothing Lucas was said to have last been seen in?
I’ve seen replicas posted in other missing cases and just wondering if it would help jog memories etc.
I know when I see black sweats I wonder, do they mean like the Hanes kind with elastic at the bottom or the sporty type with strips down the outside, etc!

*huge hug*

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

.. I’m still surprised at how quiet family is. We have 3 separate families involved EG -JO and JH . Have the police asked them not speak . Not to appeal to the public.

I’m not surprised that the family (of JH and JO) aren’t appealing to the public. JH and JO did a joint interview and plea to the public, and JO did one individually. Many people listened and felt compassion for them. Sadly, many others used the opportunity to dissect their words, comment on their appearance, and vilify them publicly. These displays of hatred serves to only take the focus away from Lucas.

A missing child should NEVER be entertainment for FB groups and amateur sleuthers. Trust me, people message me screenshots every day. I know several that lurk here will screenshot my comment and post it to their respective groups. Instead of spending time bashing others and spinning ridiculous tales and rumors, I’d love to see everyone in these groups share flyers to the public and do something positive to help find Lucas.

I find it infuriating that a jailed drug user, liar, etc., seems to be holding all the cards. Praying WPD and FBI really DO have a lot going on in the background.

I finally came out of lurking over this case. It has been killing me to watch this all unfold. I’m in a town small that surrounds Wichita. Their local news is the same as ours , we have to go there weekly for shopping or drs ect.

This case has haunted me like no other. See my family is in a very similar situation. I still have a child of my own at home and grown children. My oldest child as become a person I don’t even know anymore. Drugs got her and I can’t help her. God knows I tried. She was at one point the best mom I was so proud of her. But she got addicted and became another person. Her first child is in the costody of her ex. But she had another child younger. This child wasn’t yet to my knowlage physically abused. But was certainly neglected. I feared what would happen .She rarely even had the baby except to play “mommy” once in awhile but I lived in fear when she rarely had the baby what was happening . She pretty much just left the baby shortly after the baby turned 1 with us. But we had no rights we couldn’t not give the child to her when she would come around a make demands that we do this or that or she was taking said baby. Many times she’d go months with no contact show up and just take the child we had no rights to withold the child from her. The father was involved but had no legal rights to child either. He couldn’t get any either without mom agreeing. Kansas laws really suck in that area but that’s another story.

Dcfs sure they were called on her several times due to drug activity at her place the people guys etc she’s lived with. But the child was never present when things happened or they showed up. The child was with me. So they would follow up come to my home and tell me that had if the child been there in care when they were there they would of been removed the child. But since baby wasn’t they had nothing no case on her. They said do your best to keep baby out of that situation as in try to talk her out of taking baby for visits etc. although she was the only one who had rights so the child was kind of screwed. They said the other options I had was to let the child go to her. And eventually hopefully sooner then later they would catch up with her a remove the child. I could then most likely be awarded guardian. But there was a risk on what would happen before they got another call to the place. I honestly feared waiting for that to happen would cause so much damage possibly even be to late.

The other option was to simply file for guardian ship which would give us all legal rights to said child. With the bonus of a 3rd party guardian or custody given would not include having to give her any parenting time visits etc. it’s all up to the guardian to make those decisions. But it’s not a easy thing to do in Kansas. And it’s expensive and I would totally lose my own child( meaning the baby’s mom) by doing this and if we lost we most likely never see the child we’ve have for at this point over half the child life. But things were getting bad the child was returned always sick dirty , we started to worry she was drugging baby maybe even abusing baby by late January.

Then Lucus’s story broke. I saw my grandchild in this senerio. My daughter was doing the same weird behaviors I saw play out in the characters of Lucus. She even had the shady live in boy friend. I cried for the family of Lucas I knew how close I was to becoming them. His grandma who’s hands were tied etc. something in me changed and I couldn’t let this now almost 3 year be the “next Lucas” the next child failed by Kansas dcfs.

but we had to at least try. Lucas’s case pushed that clear in my mind. We retained a lawyer and got emergacies orders to protect the child . Our case came up last week. I knew it was a huge chance we were taking. But we were granted full legal guardianship / custody of this child. We don’t have to even let his mother see him. Which we want her to clean up and be a parent. Someday I pray. But we got the paperwork this week. Giving us the degree of guardianship certificates. The final ruling from the judge was not one I expected. Usually they say parent is unable / unstable etc. but due to circumtances and evidence they obtained , probably from the lawyer for the child which we don’t know that part is sealed. They ruled my daughter unfit . Which means it’s going to be a rough road for her to ever get this child back. I wish god I wish the outcome for Lucas had a happy ending. But I’ll never forget Lucas his case was the trigger to save another child.

So sorry for the length

Welcome!! SassynOz:). We are glad you are here with us.

I am so sorry for all that you have been through.

Drugs are a beast, and depending on which one, rarely conquered. There is so much shame and guilt involved with drug abusers-the drugs that we are dealing with today, meth, heroin, pain meds, they steal a persons brain. The brain literally “fires” and wants that dopamine fix-it’s more complicated than that, but I’ll leave it there.

The addict does literally change- I know parents/family members always think “what more can I do” “I’ve done everything possible to help my child” . The fact is, they are not the same person after using these drugs after even a shorter period of time. Thank you for sharing your story. I have a feeling Emily’s story will unravel and show some big similarities to your daughter. BUT, she screwed up, screwed up so many lives. These people deserve our prayers, but will never get my sympathy. The truth is, when drugs (especially these these HARD drugs mentioned above) are involved, Theft, violence, neglect, abuse, and death occur. If you know someone addicted to Meth, Heroin, pills, and they have kids-start the process of doing whatever it takes to get those kids outta there. Lucas’s case is a harsh reality, and reminder of that. I know his family did everything possible (and legally right) to protect him. This systematic approach we have right now is broken. We need to hold DCF accountable for their lack of actions in cases. This is a travesty and HAS to change. These children are our future.
Again, Welcome- thank you for bravely sharing.
[emoji171]❤️[emoji171]❤️

PB,
Just thinking, is there a way to get pictures circulating of the clothing Lucas was said to have last been seen in?
I’ve seen replicas posted in other missing cases and just wondering if it would help jog memories etc.
I know when I see black sweats I wonder, do they mean like the Hanes kind with elastic at the bottom or the sporty type with strips down the outside, etc!

Good idea. I’ll see what I can find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member