Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #20 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's raining again in Kansas. Is it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wichita had a large hail and rainstorm about 6pm last night, followed by a few scattered showers overnight. My backyard was a swamp for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...if the LL was checking up on the cat then it would make sense that this was a surprise visit, right? Otherwise, if renter was given 24 hours notice that LL would be stopping by at a particular time then renter could simply hide cat for that time period of LL known visit.

I do wonder, though, was the rent paid up in full?

The rent. We have allowed some renters to pay 1/2 on the 1st, 1/2 on the 15th, especially for a new move in, as getting all the security deposit too can be difficult at move in. So we do split rents sometimes. I wonder if theirs was due on the 15th, landlord hadn't received it, so he stopped by. Or it could even be to give them some paperwork for signature?

The scratches were on the backs of her hands.

But her knuckles were unharmed? If that’s the case it seems less likely to be a scraping abrasion (from a tight fit... concrete, carpet, etc).

The rent. We have allowed some renters to pay 1/2 on the 1st, 1/2 on the 15th, especially for a new move in, as getting all the security deposit too can be difficult at move in. So we do split rents sometimes. I wonder if theirs was due on the 15th, landlord hadn't received it, so he stopped by. Or it could even be to give them some paperwork for signature?

hmm thats interesting - it was the 16th (one day after the 15th) and EOD Friday/end of the week. almost like he gave her until the end of the week for rent or the cat to be resolved.

another quick question about the cat - did we receive confirmation her home was not pet friendly or was it pet friendly but they did not add him to the lease/pay the fees. for ex, in my apt you need to add the pets to the lease (i got one of my dogs mid-lease and had to go sign an updated version) and pay a deposit as well as a monthly rent fee. while my bldg is v pet friendly, like other dogs can have dogs over for playdates the way tenants can have friends over (hah thats how they word it) but i also know they lay an intense smackdown if a dog/cat is living there full time and fees are not paid/not added to the lease.

anyway, it may not make a huge difference either way (LL was there then either to remove the cat or collect money for the cat) but just wanted to clarify.

IMO the cat is not a big issue - some rentals do not allow pets at all and I think PB told us that they were not allowed pets so they surrendered the cat.

Methods of Filicide: Stepparents and Genetic Parents Kill ... - Semantic Scholar
PDFhttps://pdfs.semanticscholar.org › ...

This is a very interesting read. It's pdf btw. But worth the download. Anyways, this case seems to be very textbook. Perhaps we are looking at all the far out angles because everything that we know of in regards to Lucas seems catastrophic. But maybe it's really just simple. Maybe this is one of those rare times that we need to say think INSIDE the box. What is the most simplest explanation? Maybe Lucas is alot closer to the house then we think. Maybe Emily drove all around Wichita to throw people off her trail. Maybe she mentioned parks to detectives so that they would focus their searches there and not anywhere close to where Lucas is. I don't know. I'm no detective and I always seem to post when I'm lacking sleep. Just trying to see if we can sleuth a different angle. Not that any other angle is wrong. I love the ideas that you all come up with. I, like all of you, just want Lucas to be found. Sweet child. He deserved so much more then what he got.

I strongly agree.

EG and her story details of LUCAS disappearance fits into every profile I have read. It’s the basic reason early on I thought the first responders recognized it within minutes and decided not to utilize the AMBER ALERT SYSTEM.

Every LE officer that was there the first few minutes probably realized EG was responsible for the incident. She was arrested as soon as there had been time to put the paperwork together. And she’s going to remain incarcerased until the DA has the best case facts to move forward.

I encourage anyone who might have assisted her, or has knowledge to come forward prior to being charged with aiding her during or after the fact. It’s a heavy emotional burden to carry for much longer. I’m certain LE will be much kinder if you give them the information you have prior to discovering your involvement on their own. And they will find it.

hmmmmm, the backs of her hands... there goes the scooping something up theory. It could just be from her cat. I wonder if her cat was declawed. Was that information on the picture from the humane society?

Do we have a rundown of the time from the 9th from Lucas' perspective?

9th is the day JH went back to work.
EG took Lucas to school that day? Did Lucas have to come home early that day?

11th EG's boys came over, the three boys went out to play with the neighbor's kids, but Lucas didn't join in with playing, stood apart...reported by the neighbor as having a bruise on his face under his eye?

14th EG claims JO took Lucas for the day, unannounced/unplanned. This is a Wednesday, when EG's boys usually come for a few hours late afternoon/early evening, we don't know if they did come over or if they or their dad saw Lucas.

15th JH saw Lucas on Facetime

16th EG left Lucas alone to go to OG. Landlord came by and saw Lucas through the door...not sure if through the window at the top of the front door or if Lucas actually opened the door? EG claims Lucas was poorly and she put him down for a nap while she went out to eat.

17th Lucas reported missing at 6.14pm by EG. EG claims she last saw Lucas after she put him down for a nap in front of a movie.

Can we get any more information from our VIs as to how was Lucas in the time period of 1st to 9th February? For instance we've heard Lucas had a stomach upset, but didn't he go to school on the 9th? I could have that wrong as I thought Lucas had been out of school with the stomach upset for about ten school days/two weeks?

Can we get any more clarity or information from our VIs as to the time period 9th February onward?

Could she have damaged the back door by trying to fit something very large out of it?

I was just re-reading this article, and so much of this is interesting (BBM):

Feb. 17, 2018: Police were dispatched to Glass’ home in the 600 block of South Edgemoor after she reported Lucas missing. She told officers that she last saw Lucas at around 3 p.m., that he was in his bedroom playing a game.

Glass told police that Lucas’ mother, Taylor, last saw Lucas in December when the two women “were involved in a physical altercation at Lucas’ school,” the document says. Glass accused Taylor of being a drug addict and said Taylor was not supposed to be around Lucas.

When a police officer called Taylor, she confirmed that she lived in Kansas City, Mo., and had last seen Lucas in December. After the officer told Taylor that Lucas was missing, she said Glass has history of abusing Lucas and a history of drug abuse, the document says.

Glass also told police that earlier that day she went to the garage, smoked a cigarette and talked to Hernandez by phone. She went inside, took a shower, noticed that Lucas was asleep and laid down for the nap. When she woke up around 6 p.m., she changed her daughter’s diaper. She looked around the house and couldn’t find Lucas. She noted the back door was open about three-quarters of an inch because it wouldn’t shut.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

I'm not saying JH was involved, but I would add him to the list of people who knows what happened. He's possibly sticking up for her because Lucas probably died from abuse, and he was also allegedly abusive. Maybe EG told him that if she gets in trouble, so will he.

hmmmmm, the backs of her hands... there goes the scooping something up theory. It could just be from her cat. I wonder if her cat was declawed. Was that information on the picture from the humane society?
It is the back of her hands but on knuckles. Not first set closest to wrist but after second set look...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IIRC, didn't she actually say she would not hurt 'her son'.

I realize that she was implying Lucas when she said that but in reality, Lucas was not her son. Semantics, i guess....but important semantics in this particular instance. IMO.

I don't think that really matters. Interviewer asks Emily if she did something to Lucas and she said no. That's the lie. Everything she says after in regards to her "son" or her "baby boy" is irrelevant to the lie that she already told. IMO.

For what it's worth here's where I'm at. I'm going with what we've been told. EG was thought to be using again. The first time I saw her jailhouse photo my guess was heroin. If true, it would explain a period of homelessness if she truly was. If true, she needed money for drugs and didn't pay the rent with the money LH may have left her on the 9th. It all starts unravelling after that.

Could be cat, or could be from woods (prickly brush)?
Good question on the claws.

I guess there was abrasion on end knuckles toward pinky, still could be be scooping.

Could she have damaged the back door by trying to fit something very large out of it?

I was just re-reading this article, and so much of this is interesting (BBM):

Feb. 17, 2018: Police were dispatched to Glass’ home in the 600 block of South Edgemoor after she reported Lucas missing. She told officers that she last saw Lucas at around 3 p.m., that he was in his bedroom playing a game.

Glass told police that Lucas’ mother, Taylor, last saw Lucas in December when the two women “were involved in a physical altercation at Lucas’ school,” the document says. Glass accused Taylor of being a drug addict and said Taylor was not supposed to be around Lucas.

When a police officer called Taylor, she confirmed that she lived in Kansas City, Mo., and had last seen Lucas in December. After the officer told Taylor that Lucas was missing, she said Glass has history of abusing Lucas and a history of drug abuse, the document says.

Glass also told police that earlier that day she went to the garage, smoked a cigarette and talked to Hernandez by phone. She went inside, took a shower, noticed that Lucas was asleep and laid down for the nap. When she woke up around 6 p.m., she changed her daughter’s diaper. She looked around the house and couldn’t find Lucas. She noted the back door was open about three-quarters of an inch because it wouldn’t shut.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

I'm not saying JH was involved, but I would add him to the list of people who knows what happened. He's possibly sticking up for her because Lucas probably died from abuse, and he was also allegedly abusive. Maybe EG told him that if she gets in trouble, so will he.

What's even more interesting to me is that Emily told the police that Jamie had last seen Lucas in December and police had called to confirm it yet she later says that Lucas was with Jamie on Valentine's day. I don't know if it's been specified before but who did she give the VD story to? Did she just tell Jonathan that and when Jonathan was being questioned he told police that Lucas was with Jamie that day and the police told him that Emily told them different? Or was it the other way around? Did Emily tell LE two different stories?

another quick question about the cat - did we receive confirmation her home was not pet friendly or was it pet friendly but they did not add him to the lease/pay the fees. for ex, in my apt you need to add the pets to the lease (i got one of my dogs mid-lease and had to go sign an updated version) and pay a deposit as well as a monthly rent fee. while my bldg is v pet friendly, like other dogs can have dogs over for playdates the way tenants can have friends over (hah thats how they word it) but i also know they lay an intense smackdown if a dog/cat is living there full time and fees are not paid/not added to the lease.

anyway, it may not make a huge difference either way (LL was there then either to remove the cat or collect money for the cat) but just wanted to clarify.

Pets were not allowed in the new rental home.

Could be cat, or could be from woods (prickly brush)?
Good question on the claws.

I guess there was abrasion on end knuckles toward pinky, still could be be scooping.
Im probably giving EG too much credit but if it was from scooping, it could have been from scooping lime from a bag or some other material onto Lucas. I hate typing that.

Badly beaten up, while being sick with a stomach problem. The stomach problem possibly stemmed from a virus, or an injury.
Poor kid was suffering, then left alone. Yes, the flu was rampant during the time he went missing, but we don't really know if he actually had stomach issues because of it, or because he was hurt. He just missed school...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Whoa, wait a second. If Lucas DID have the flu and she wasn’t seeking medical assistance, he could have developed pneumonia OR she could have given benedryl to make him sleep which would have slowed his breathing depending on dosage and he could have passed from that untreated flu (remember it killed a lot of people this year). If he had been beaten prior, it may have weakened him further to where his body was too busy trying to repair itself and couldn’t fight the flu also.
Is it possible he died of something like the flu and because she is a raging idiot, she assumed it was because of beating and therefore his he body???
I’m verified as an EMT. And this makes a lot more sense to me. Especially since Lucas was small for his age, even though he is technically “old enough” for benedryl, we dose based on WEIGHT for a very big reason...it would still make it a felony murder with criminal negligence, abuse of a corpse etc.
But what if all of this was this SIMPLE???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member