Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #21 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I'm the only one that's expressed EMPATHY for JH here--and it's been made quite clear that others disagree.

For the record, having empathy does not equate to not holding people accountable or viewing someone as an innocent bystander. Sorry, I just don't view the world as black and white. That's just me.

I'm kind of surprised at all the JH sympathy, as if he is just an innocent bystander in all of this. Not only did he know what was going on, but he's also a child abuser. EG's boys said he got physical with them, and they also saw him yell at Lucas. Unless, of course, we're discrediting the boys because they're children... kind of like how Lucas was ignored when he told people he was being abused by EG. It's not a very long limb to go out on to say he more than likely also physically abused Lucas. So they both abuse him, EG ultimately kills him, and he gets a pass because he wasn't there and he's sad? Nope.

I detest the fact that I have to agree with you. For her, it may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Just jumping of your post regarding the straw that broke the camel's back. We have all pondered, what pushed EG to snap?

But, the more I think about it, I am not sure there was a particular straw on the day Lucas died. Sadly, the beating of LH was clearly commonplace. She had snapped the first time she abused Lucas or anyone else.

Thus, I am currently of the opinion (subject to change at any moment) that EG beat him that day because...that is what she did regularly. I think the difference this day is the cumulation of all the abuse. So, in a sense, EG is the straw that broke the camels back in that the abuse she regularly subjected LH too finally took the final toll.

Pretty sure I'm the only one that's expressed EMPATHY for JH here--and it's been made quite clear that others disagree.

For the record, having empathy does not equate to not holding people accountable or viewing someone as an innocent bystander. Sorry, I just don't view the world as black and white. That's just me.
I began with empathy for JH and expressed it, however subtle. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Until...the last image of Lucas came out. My empathy for him dissipated just like JH's sympathy toward Lucas did.

Well, I don't think it would be JH. His charge is a misdemeanor with little punishment attached imo.
The other criminal though........felonies! She has children too. What the heck is going on with felons raising children? Isn't it our responsibility as parents to raise our children to be a valuable part of society? Aren't we supposed to be a good example?

Something about living in a nation which imbues us with inalienable rights; blah blah freedom to muck up many multiple times blah blah blah, innocent until proven guilty by jury of own peers... blah beyond reasonable doubts... blah.
System sure places a lot of faith in allowing second chances, the rest is up to ego.

To their credit, 'not all felons' screw up their family unit :/
....But that's a post for psych students, someplace else.

These charges were presented right before Lucas went missing I believe? Which makes me think motive for EG's subsequent reaction. He laid hands on her child, and now the court is going to take away her visitation, so she's going to punish JH/Lucas for that
Preemptive strikes, you say?

The holes one digs/the games they play/to each their own devices.

Healthy humans here in this nation will realize *any* brush with the law means time to get their ish in order... however this is not super obvious to *ahem cough cough* some involved, I suppose.

I wonder, 'do they make a pill for that'?

16725711_G.jpg

http://www.kake.com/story/38151794/lucas-hernandezs-father-charged-with-battery

I believe it’s possible to hold two opposing emotions at once. And while I understand the majority of people wanting to paint with one color and a broad brush, I also understand recognizing the humanity of someone, even if that someone was negligent and possibly even complicit. I for one don’t discount that impulse in you.

So they will both have court on the 23rd. I was really hoping some info would come out today

This may be a silly question, but, does JH arrest mean he won’t be able to work out of state until his Bench trial on the 23rd or is there no restrictions on this particular type of charge/arrest?

The court of WS is where everyone shares their own opinion. Everyone plays by the rules they consider fair based on their life experiences. I feel so much compassion for . She sometimes stands in the position of peacemaker, one she did not choose for herself. She chose to help find a missing child. I applaud her patience and determination to do the right thing based on her circumstances, personal ethics and professionalism. Thank you . You are a unique individual that I'm happy to have crossed paths with.

Just jumping of your post regarding the straw that broke the camel's back. We have all pondered, what pushed EG to snap?

But, the more I think about it, I am not sure there was a particular straw on the day Lucas died. Sadly, the beating of LH was clearly commonplace. She had snapped the first time she abused Lucas or anyone else.

Thus, I am currently of the, EG is the straw opinion (subject to change at any moment) that EG beat him that day because...that is what she did regularly. I think the difference this day is the cumulation of all the abuse. So, in a sense, EG is the straw that broke the camels back in that the abuse she regularly subjected LH too finally took the final toll.

FINALLY :winner:

Also my kiddo thinks JH's expression is: "WTF HAPPENED"

(for those who've felt my posts prescient, not entirely on my own over here)

You r correct. I’m surprised that they are bringing these now unless JH IS MORE INVOLVED IN SOMETHING OR they are laying groundwork to avoid him ever being granted custody of MH or the unborn child. The other aspect is if EG ex trying to establish a violent history to terminate her parental rights with older boys.

i looked at this totally wrong this am. My apologies.

Was he arrested and then bailed out? I'm confused, sorry.

I do not know if someone answered this but yes, he was able to OR out. He had to be booked in in order to book out so thats why he was showing as an inmate. He is no longer an inmate though. IMO, the arrest was to assure that he would come back to court.

You r correct. I’m surprised that they are bringing these now unless JH IS MORE INVOLVED IN SOMETHING OR they are laying groundwork to avoid him ever being granted custody of MH or the unborn child. The other aspect is if EG ex trying to establish a violent history to terminate her parental rights with older boys.

i looked at this totally wrong this am. My apologies.

I agree that whenever "unrelated charges" are filed in a case it is a red flag.

There is less reason now for him to EVER SPEAK WITH ANYONE. HIS ATTIRNEY HAS ALREADY TOLD HIM NOT TO TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT ANYTHING.

AND I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF HE CAN EVEN SPEAK TO ANY FAMILY OR ANYONE VERIFIED OR NOT.

HIS LAWYER SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM these new charges could be the first to more serious charges. Exactly as in the EG matter. If he’s smart he’s going to be bonded/bailed and not speak to anyone but his attorney.

The court of WS is where everyone shares their own opinion. Everyone plays by the rules they consider fair based on their life experiences. I feel so much compassion for . She sometimes stands in the position of peacemaker, one she did not choose for herself. She chose to help find a missing child. I applaud her patience and determination to do the right thing based on her circumstances, personal ethics and professionalism. Thank you . You are a unique individual that I'm happy to have crossed paths with.

Thank you! I needed that today [emoji172]

This may be a silly question, but, does JH arrest mean he won’t be able to work out of state until his Bench trial on the 23rd or is there no restrictions on this particular type of charge/arrest?

It’s not a felony, so I think he can travel for work.

There is less reason now for him to EVER SPEAK WITH ANYONE. HIS ATTIRNEY HAS ALREADY TOLD HIM NOT TO TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT ANYTHING.

AND I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF HE CAN EVEN SPEAK TO ANY FAMILY OR ANYONE VERIFIED OR NOT.

HIS LAWYER SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM these new charges could be the first to more serious charges. Exactly as in the EG matter. If he’s smart he’s going to be bonded/bailed and not speak to anyone but his attorney.

He doesn’t have an attorney. I just talked to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018