Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #22 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing ive noted about JHs behavior - and haven been reluctant to say bc i wasnt sure how much weight to apply and i kept expecting something to change via MSM - but while JH has taken a stance of supporting EG and confided his thoughts with our VIs, he isnt exaclty shouting EGs innocence from the rooftops either.

if i were in JHs position where my child was missing, my other child was taken from me and I GENUINELY 100% thought my partner was innocent, i'd have flipped out/cracked under the pressure and made an emotional statement to the press about her innocence or ranted on social media and MSM picks it up. i'd also have raised (or tried to raise) her bail money and not cared what anyone thought. if i knew they were innocent and my partner in raising my kids, i would need them back to get my kids back. even if it meant they'd go back to jail soon, just to have them back for a few nights and feel some sense of stability/our life together.

imo, i think JH has his reasons for supporting EG but his heart isnt truly in it. i think hes partly in denial and feels guilty for how things have unfolded. i also think its possible EG has some stuff on him and/or he doesnt want to legally be held accountable for leaving his kids with EG.

i m not trying to sound naive or like a romantic, i just think its interesting to note, imo, what we know hes said about EG doesnt strike me as someone saying from a warm and fuzzy place. now, maybe hes shared things with our VIs/info we arent privy to where he does appear to be 100% clearly on her side down to his core but from what we know and after hearing/discussing JOs opinion of him, my feelings have circled back to this.

Update: Jonathan has been removed from the witness list and will not be testifying.
Just catching back up.
Hmmm not that surprising to me.
Thanks for all the info PB and prayers, hopes and wishes to FLA, the searchers and for justice for dear Lucas.
(and the very best outcome for the child involved in this trial)
Chi :)

For some reason, I'm remembering the cousin's court date as later in the month--the 22nd or 23rd? I could be wrong, but I thought she received another continuance.

From what I understood when KE last went to court her next court appearance is the same date as JH, 5/23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://legalbeagle.com/10045453-considered-child-endangerment-kansas.html

Leaving a Child Unattended
Prosecution on a child endangerment charge requires that an adult intentionally allowed or caused a child to be in a situation in which he could be harmed. Actual harm does not need to occur to constitute child endangerment. This includes leaving a child unattended without adequate supervision. In Wichita, a couple was charged with felony aggravated child endangerment after allegations that they had left their seven-month-old infant home alone for at least an hour and a half. Another Wichita mother faces a child endangerment charge stemming from accusations that she left her 1-year-old child in a car unattended with an outside temperature of almost 100 degrees F.

Why hasn't EG been charged with leaving Lucas home alone? We know for a fact this happened plus she also confessed to it.

She was initially charged with CE of Lucas for leaving him home alone. The DA stated when formal charges were brought in court, they had tabled those charges *for now* while the investigation into his disappearance was ongoing

one thing ive noted about JHs behavior - and haven been reluctant to say bc i wasnt sure how much weight to apply and i kept expecting something to change via MSM - but while JH has taken a stance of supporting EG and confided his thoughts with our VIs, he isnt exaclty shouting EGs innocence from the rooftops either.

if i were in JHs position where my child was missing, my other child was taken from me and I GENUINELY 100% thought my partner was innocent, i'd have flipped out/cracked under the pressure and made an emotional statement to the press about her innocence or ranted on social media and MSM picks it up. i'd also have raised (or tried to raise) her bail money and not cared what anyone thought. if i knew they were innocent and my partner in raising my kids, i would need them back to get my kids back. even if it meant they'd go back to jail soon, just to have them back for a few nights and feel some sense of stability/our life together.

imo, i think JH has his reasons for supporting EG but his heart isnt truly in it. i think hes partly in denial and feels guilty for how things have unfolded. i also think its possible EG has some stuff on him and/or he doesnt want to legally be held accountable for leaving his kids with EG.

i m not trying to sound naive or like a romantic, i just think its interesting to note, imo, what we know hes said about EG doesnt strike me as someone saying from a warm and fuzzy place. now, maybe hes shared things with our VIs/info we arent privy to where he does appear to be 100% clearly on her side down to his core but from what we know and after hearing/discussing JOs opinion of him, my feelings have circled back to this.

JH will be receiving some pretty damming information pretty soon. The wake up call very well might be paying for his sons funeral after he’s found.

Sometimes it takes a very very bad emotional upset to realize the truth. Seeing or knowing your lovely little boy is in the coffin at the church alter is it.

EG is an abusive monster. She’s selfish and vindictive. DCF should have done the minimum and protected those children.

And im wondering if people in Wichita are sick of another headline of another child murdered by parents. There have been more after LUCAS. I HOPE THAT AS THE SEACHING comes to a close after LUCAS is found, that the same people who worked so hard to find him have the strength to demand change. It can be done and I will help.

An abusive life and most likely an abusive death of a child at the hands of a monster repeatedly accused of his abuse is senseless.

And each if us can can change it. AS ADULTS AND INTELLIGENT SLEUTHERS WE COULD VERY WELL BAND TOGETHER TO DO SOMETHING VERY OOSITIVE. ANY ONE OF US REGARDLESS OF DISTANCE CAN BEGIN A RAZOR DIRECTED CAMPAIGN TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM IN KANSAS. IT WOULD BE A CAMPAIGN ALL IF YS COUKD BE PROYD OF. AND AFTER KANSAS WHO KNOWS???

https://legalbeagle.com/10045453-considered-child-endangerment-kansas.html

Leaving a Child Unattended
Prosecution on a child endangerment charge requires that an adult intentionally allowed or caused a child to be in a situation in which he could be harmed. Actual harm does not need to occur to constitute child endangerment. This includes leaving a child unattended without adequate supervision. In Wichita, a couple was charged with felony aggravated child endangerment after allegations that they had left their seven-month-old infant home alone for at least an hour and a half. Another Wichita mother faces a child endangerment charge stemming from accusations that she left her 1-year-old child in a car unattended with an outside temperature of almost 100 degrees F.

Why hasn't EG been charged with leaving Lucas home alone? We know for a fact this happened plus she also confessed to it.

Today is about their daughter MH. They tabled the charges for Lucas for another time. They are not charging her with anything to do with Lucas today, just his sister.

JH will be receiving some pretty damming information pretty soon. The wake up call very well might be paying for his sons funeral after he’s found.

Sometimes it takes a very very bad emotional upset to realize the truth. Seeing or knowing your lovely little boy is in the coffin at the church alter is it.

EG is an abusive monster. She’s selfish and vindictive. DCF should have done the minimum and protected those children.

And im wondering if people in Wichita are sick of another headline of another child murdered by parents. There have been more after LUCAS. I HOPE THAT AS THE SEACHING comes to a close after LUCAS is found, that the same people who worked so hard to find him have the strength to demand change. It can be done and I will help.

An abusive life and most likely an abusive death of a child at the hands of a monster repeatedly accused of his abuse is senseless.

And each if us can can change it. AS ADULTS AND INTELLIGENT SLEUTHERS WE COULD VERY WELL BAND TOGETHER TO DO SOMETHING VERY OOSITIVE. ANY ONE OF US REGARDLESS OF DISTANCE CAN BEGIN A RAZOR DIRECTED CAMPAIGN TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM IN KANSAS. IT WOULD BE A CAMPAIGN ALL IF YS COUKD BE PROYD OF. AND AFTER KANSAS WHO KNOWS???
It’s not just Wichita or Kansas. This happened in the city just a few miles west of me over the weekend.
http://www.koco.com/article/mans-st...-death-of-1-year-old-baby-police-say/20690452

I'm thinking that the ADA doesn't want JH cross-examined by defense.

From watching the trial of Michael McCarthy for the murder of Bella Bond, I learned that to put in a piece of evidence a person has to take the stand, so the original plan was likely to be to call JH to the stand, introduce the messages with EG's intent to smoke and go to EG and have the ADA read out EG's side of the conversation while JH reads out his own side of the conversation. But if the prosecution put JH on the stand, then the defense gets the right to cross-examine. The whole thing puts JH in an awkward position, he's been publicly been playing the "I'll support EG if she's innocent" card but he's also removed all her photos from his FB and there's now JO saying that JH admitted to her that he thought EG was guilty.

So, the ADA can just use a police officer to go through those messages between EG and JH, and introduce the messages to evidence that way. It makes things a lot simpler.

That's just my conjecture about the reasoning and how they'll get around it, I could be wrong, but I think it's fair conjecture.

Couldn’t they just put a forensic phone expert on?

Can someone explain to me why she was not charged with a DUI if she is being charged with child endangerment while DUI?

JO said EG was on psych hold in the interview she did that was posted up thread.

I wonder if any psych professionals talked to her during this time, and if she revealed anything to them. They would have to deem her fit to release her from the psych hold, that she wont harm herself or anyone else, if I understand correctly? I wonder what was uncovered, if anything, during this evaluation?

Someone who says they are thinking of killing themselves or has made remarks leading LE to believe she may be. When they book you one of the questions they ask is if you have ever had suicidal thoughts or attempted suicide - and also if you are having suicidal thoughts currently.
Medical hold can be for lots of things, including suicide watch. It could also be for drug detox or if someone has serious illness.

(O/T, when I go to the doctor/hospital for physical issues/tests, they ask me this question every time...I've wondered if this is something new they ask patients with significant issues or if they've always done this...)

Can someone explain to me why she was not charged with a DUI if she is being charged with child endangerment while DUI?

DUI requires certain proof such as failing a sobriety test at the time of a traffic stop, to the best of my knowledge

Today is about their daughter MH. They tabled the charges for Lucas for another time. They are not charging her with anything to do with Lucas today, just his sister.

they are holding any charges re LUCAS IN ABEYANCE TO table a charge, the charge has to exist. While I believe there’s an evidentiary file with info re LUCAS child endangerment charges it’s their ace in the hole.

I believe charges will will be filed in this order.

CE against EG

Battery against JH

CE TRIAL EG

Conviction against EG

SENTENCING FOR EG

EG sentenced to 13 months w credit time served

CINC case moves forward against EG older boys.

EG eventually loses visitation rights for them

Search goes on for LUCAS

JH May negotiate plea ordered no contact with EG 2boys

EG gives birth

Baby taken into protective custody. Eventually EG LOSES PARENTAL RIGHTS FOR ALL CHILDREN.

One of 2 things HAPPEN HERE

If LUCAS NOT FOUND and prior to her release

CE charges filed against EG LUCAS same bond

EG he’s to trial same bond/bail

Convicted sentenced to 12 months

regardless LUCAS LOCATION

DA LE have prepared their best case after arduous effort

MURDER CHARGES FILED AGAINST EG.

CONVICTED NATURAL LIFE INCARCERATED.

END IF A SAD STORY.

COST TO TAXPAYERS

LE TIME, DA PREP TIME, court appointed attorneys, judicial time

Incarceration cost EG

FAR IN EXCESS OF 1.4 MILLION DOLLARS.

MOST OF WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER SPENT IF DCF HAD REMOVED LUCAS AND MH A TEAR AGO.

IMO

DUI requires certain proof such as failing a sobriety test at the time of a traffic stop, to the best of my knowledge

Wont this posses a problem as to her being charged with DUI with the child in the car?

Why a CINC against Emily's older boys? Isn't that a family court issue?

they are holding any charges re LUCAS IN ABEYANCE TO table a charge, the charge has to exist. While I believe there’s an evidentiary file with info re LUCAS child endangerment charges it’s their ace in the hole.

I believe charges will will be filed in this order.

CE against EG

Battery against JH

CE TRIAL EG

Conviction against EG

SENTENCING FOR EG

EG sentenced to 13 months w credit time served

CINC case moves forward against EG older boys.

EG eventually loses visitation rights for them

Search goes on for LUCAS

JH May negotiate plea ordered no contact with EG 2boys

EG gives birth

Baby taken into protective custody. Eventually EG LOSES PARENTAL RIGHTS FOR ALL CHILDREN.

One of 2 things HAPPEN HERE

If LUCAS NOT FOUND and prior to her release

CE charges filed against EG LUCAS same bond

EG he’s to trial same bond/bail

Convicted sentenced to 12 months

regardless LUCAS LOCATION

DA LE have prepared their best case after arduous effort

MURDER CHARGES FILED AGAINST EG.

CONVICTED NATURAL LIFE INCARCERATED.

END IF A SAD STORY.

COST TO TAXPAYERS

LE TIME, DA PREP TIME, court appointed attorneys, judicial time

Incarceration cost EG

FAR IN EXCESS OF 1.4 MILLION DOLLARS.

MOST OF WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER SPENT IF DCF HAD REMOVED LUCAS AND MH A TEAR AGO.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member