Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #22 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't smoking weed illegal in Kansas? If so, why would they need to know how much she smoked? She smoked a couple bowls, drove with her child. That's driving under the influence of an illegal substance. She didn't smoke it to remain in a normal state of mind. She smoked it to get high. How high I don't know, but high. Driving like that endangers your child.

I would think they would have to prove she was impaired when she drove, that might be tough to prove. I don't think it really matters though because there is so much publicity about Lucas they will find her guilty regardless even if the prosecutor can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt she was impaired while driving.

Guess no one should be concerned with the fact that WPD were regulars at the EG and JH household as long as no drug paraphernalia was seen.

Not until we see such information that is verified versus your opinion that that happened. Do you have a link. Or you just putting that out there as an off-the-wall unsubstantiated scenario?

Yet you state that as a fact? Where is that coming from?

I would think they would have to prove she was impaired when she drove, that might be tough to prove. I don't think it really matters though because there is so much publicity about Lucas they will find her guilty regardless even if the prosecutor can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt she was impaired while driving.

One of the hardest parts of being a juror- even thought you KNOW that their guilty as sin, if there isn't sufficient evidence and facts, they have to deem her not guilty. It is horrible, and she could very well get away with this if there isn't enough evidence. I say, brace yourselves for the worst, and hope for the best.

Not until we see such information that is verified versus your opinion that that happened. Do you have a link. Or you just putting that out there as an off-the-wall unsubstantiated scenario?

The articles detailing the DV calls....for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Potter

Glass defense attorney uses witnesses -- an officer and crime scene investigator -- to point out that they saw no marijuana or paraphernalia during initial investigation.

Tim Potter

Prosecution is arguing that Glass smoked pot, then drove her daughter to a restaurant the day before she reported Lucas missing, endangering her daughter.

https://twitter.com/timpotter59

There were several articles written about their abusive past (EG and JH) in the beginning when Lucas first went missing. Both were arrested one of those occasions. Links were provided in several threads already, and I posted one yesterday to refresh people's memory of an incident that pertained to her saying she was sexually assaulted and JH was angry at her.

Isn't the whole point of smoking pot to get high?

One of the hardest parts of being a juror- even thought you KNOW that their guilty as sin, if there isn't sufficient evidence and facts, they have to deem her not guilty. It is horrible, and she could very well get away with this if there isn't enough evidence. I say, brace yourselves for the worst, and hope for the best.

I agree that is what a jury is suppose to do, but I don't believe it happens all the time. I hope she is found guilty but if I am being honest it is because of Lucas that I hope that.

If you just read an article in the paper about a woman accused of smoking a couple of bowls and then driving her one year old to a restuarant, charged with a misdemeanor 4 days after the event, 50,000 dollar bond (and there wasn't the situation with Lucas) I think alot would be saying how screwed up the system is when we have someone who physically layed a hand on a child and gets a 5,000 OR bond yet someone who smoked a couple bowls gets 50,000 bond.

Here's some tweets from Tim Potter:

Tim Potter
@timpotter59
·
38m
Prosecutor tells jury in opening argument that Glass was smoking pot throughout the day before Lucas disappeared.

Glass defense attorney uses witnesses -- an officer and crime scene investigator -- to point out that they saw no marijuana or paraphernalia during initial investigation. #ReadLocal
@kansasdotcom

Prosecution is arguing that Glass smoked pot, then drove her daughter to a restaurant the day before she reported Lucas missing, endangering her daughter. #ReadLocal

link: https://twitter.com/timpotter59

Am I remembering correctly that the phone messages were prior to the incident - basically stating that she was intending to smoke the bowls. Or did she then state via messages that she had indeed smoked/driven?

If it's the former, I'm interested in how they were able to bring the charges at all, considering the only thing the messages prove is that she was planning to.

Am I asking that in a way that makes sense? Not questioning you, just trying to figure it out in my mind.

Interesting....in light of the fact that she "voluntarily" handed over her phone with the messages on it....
[it's all covered in the affidavit]:thinking:

Does anyone think EG will take the stand? I don't but she did say she wanted to tell her side. Of course that was about Lucas but nonetheless she just might be one of those like Jodi Arias, thinking she's so smart and attractive, it just take luring one juror over.

Am I remembering correctly that the phone messages were prior to the incident - basically stating that she was intending to smoke the bowls. Or did she then state via messages that she had indeed smoked/driven?

If it's the former, I'm interested in how they were able to bring the charges at all, considering the only thing the messages prove is that she was planning to.

Am I asking that in a way that makes sense? Not questioning you, just trying to figure it out in my mind.

I've wondered the same, However, she also told LE that she did smoke and drove with her daughter to OG, so I think it all lines up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelle90