Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #22 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They offer plea deals all the time for misdemeanors. Lessens the load on the court docket if they take it. When I was charged with serving a minor (innocent btw) I was offered a plea deal, to just pay a fine no time served. And every person on the docket in my courtroom was lined up in the hall and offered some deal. (All misdemeanors) source-personal experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general aren’t most plea deals offered prior to actual trial? As you said to free up the docket.

Respectfully, I don't see it like that. I think it's a gift! LE has been able to put and keep her in jail for this separate charge. They have been able to build a case for the other charges pertaining to Lucas ($&@?! Why they even have too $&??@!) without giving away any of their results/findings of their investigation. Plus it gets MH away from her.

Oh I understand, like I said I want her to stay in jail but the logic side of me says the legal system shouldn't be able to just trump up charges without evidence to support it so that they have the luxury of building a case on a different matter. If they had blood test, a witness at OG saying she was impaired, a witness saying she was driving erratically and a reasonable bond I would look at it differently.

I want nothing more than EG to stay in jail and to give up information on what happened to Lucas thats why I said I am torn on this situation that is happening in court today.

Wonder if judge will suspend court for rest of day and rule on the motion to drop charges another day.

Oh I understand, like I said I want her to stay in jail but the logic side of me says the legal system shouldn't be able to just trump up charges without evidence to support it so that they have the luxury of building a case on a different matter. If they had blood test, a witness at OG saying she was impaired, a witness saying she was driving erratically and a reasonable bond I would look at it differently. I want nothing more than EG to stay in jail and to give up information on what happened to Lucas thats why I said I am torn on this situation that is happening in court today.
I see what you're saying, but here LE has EG admitting to LE that she broke the law and drove with the child after smoking marijuana. She confessed, LE didn't trump up or inflate any charges. They've even held off arresting or filing any charges r/t Lucas, the other child in her care the same date she allegedly endangered MH, according to LE.ETA: I agree with you that at no time should LE/the legal system be able to hold someone on false/trumped up/inflated charges.

Oh I understand, like I said I want her to stay in jail but the logic side of me says the legal system shouldn't be able to just trump up charges without evidence to support it so that they have the luxury of building a case on a different matter. If they had blood test, a witness at OG saying she was impaired, a witness saying she was driving erratically and a reasonable bond I would look at it differently.

I want nothing more than EG to stay in jail and to give up information on what happened to Lucas thats why I said I am torn on this situation that is happening in court today.

Good points, and I agree with your perspective. However, my hope is that the outcome of this particular trial will have little impact on future and more serious charges against EG. And even if EG is released, I don't know that it would hinder LE/DA from continuing to build a case against her on a different matter.

I do wonder why they wouldn't have given her a drug test though?

In general aren’t most plea deals offered prior to actual trial? As you said to free up the docket.

I was offered a deal at every stage. Right up until my charges were dismissed during trial. I don’t know if that’s how it goes for everyone that is offered a deal. I wasn’t guilty tho and I wasn’t going to say I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points, and I agree with your perspective. However, my hope is that the outcome of this particular trial will have little impact on future and more serious charges against EG. And even if EG is released, I don't know that it would hinder LE/DA from continuing to build a case against her on a different matter.I do wonder why they wouldn't have given her a drug test though?
It seems that EG should've had a drug test at some point, maybe she did and we just haven't heard about that. It would seem that it should be SOP once someone is jailed, esp. with an admitted history of substance use/abuse. If a drug test wasn't administered, maybe it was because of budget, not policy, or some other reason.

I am so torn on this, I want her to stay in jail but I feel like this is really just a trumped up charge. If they have evidence that she harmed Lucas they need to charge her with that. Would be different if they had actual physical evidence that she was impaired at the time.

JMO
I think I understand what you mean. I am looking at it a little differently I guess.

I look at it that LE is using the tools provided to them to try to pressure her and others to give up the truth about what happened to LH. They are working within the rules of the courts to do that and if it means using every letter of the law and jumping through a few hoops to get there then they are taking that path.

It is a little concerning from the standpoint of would they charge others with the exact same thing if others were not suspected of killing a son or daughter. Maybe not, but it is their option to charge someone with every letter of the law or sometimes give people a break. Since they are dealing with someone who appears to be lying to them about the other more important case then they have chosen to use every tool they can.

From that angle I am ok with it.

With that said I will not be surprised if the jury does not convict her. Especially if some of the jury has not followed the missing boy case.

Judge says after reviewing the defense's argument...he finds Emily Glass's statements to police about smoking marijuana were trustworthy and have been corroborated by other evidence presented by the state. Request for acquittal denied. #kwch12https://twitter.com/kwchbrenda/status/996486804382666753?s=21Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dang! If this was a bench trial, that'd be about it right? I hope the jury doesn't goof this up.

KAKE Monica Castro
@KAKEmonica
The defense attorney asked Det. Shoemaker if investigators could have asked Emily to submit to any tests to determine if marijuana was in her system? He replied yes. However, there are only written/verbal statements that she smoked. Weed or paraphernalia never found at her house

So, she is either lying.......or she is lying!!!!!!

They should be ready for closing arguments and the judge reading the law after the break. That usually happens after the defense ask for acquittal. imo

This is why I said earlier, brace yourselves for the worst, but hope for the best.

I don't know why, but I just assumed that they would have had a test done on a strand of hair or blood test to prove she was smoking marijuana. Also, they had no witnesses from OG to at least say she was there at that time with the baby? Or did I miss something?

Praying she doesn't get out, but preparing that she might........

Good points, and I agree with your perspective. However, my hope is that the outcome of this particular trial will have little impact on future and more serious charges against EG. And even if EG is released, I don't know that it would hinder LE/DA from continuing to build a case against her on a different matter.

I do wonder why they wouldn't have given her a drug test though?

Well, they probably didn't do a drug test because marijuana stays in your system for a very long time, so a positive result could mean she used that day, the week before or even up to a month before. I'm just speculating on that.

How long is a recess???
Gah

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well, they probably didn't do a drug test because marijuana stays in your system for a very long time, so a positive result could mean she used that day, the week before or even up to a month before. I'm just speculating on that.

That's what I was thinking. Even if they had tested her, anything in her system could've been from before or after the incident. It wouldn't have proven anything.

Craig Andres
Craig Andres
@CraigAndresKSN
Defense Rests. Judge dismissing for the day. Back at 9:15 Wednesday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14