Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #22 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good point. Not all of her written statement was read into evidence. Just as only seven minutes of her interviews were introduced into evidence. The focus today was on marijuana use, her daughter, and Olive Garden. We learned a lot, but we do not have a full picture of everything she said in statements and interviews.

In other words, just because it was not read into evidence today does not mean it is not in a statement somewhere.

Thank you so much for this!!! You rock kansasjason!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who lives in the area? Is Mid-February gardening even a thing?!

I’m an avid gardener. I’ve cleaned up horrendous garden beds. Today I was even tramping in the woods pulling invasive species... wearing a t-shirt and no gloves and guess what.... zero damage to my hands and arms. And I worked hard. And if I’m around the house working with really coarse material, I’ll maybe grab gloves or be extra careful.

My point being, there’s no way she’d willingly get beat up to work in her own yard without being cautious. My money is put on the fact that whatever she was doing that damaged her skin, she did in a rush and because she didn’t have a choice to be careful. Nighttime wouldn’t be on her side either. But because she said “gardening” and I don’t believe her, I do believe she was in the woods/grassland. This eases my dumpster theory anxiety.

Chemicals will cause my skin crack too. I wonder what she was cleaning with... bleach?

Thank you for the excellent court notes. Im feeling good about this. But I’m also really sad that no matter what, Lucas is gone. [emoji20]

It was unusually warm for February that week, and some people did do some minor gardening work like cleaning out flower beds and cutting back trumpet vines in my neighborhood in Wichita....but she had been in the house a whole, 7-10 days at that point? Who does gardening that quick? And before that, they lived in an apartment so I imagine gardening wouldn’t be a thing there

JMO
Was just reading about the drug to see if its even possible that an overdose may kill someone and there seems to be one possible bad reaction that could do it.

I suppose if way too much of it was given then its possible it could have had a fatal reaction.

"Ondansetron Precautions (common name Zofran)

Serious side effects have been reported with ondansetron including:
antagonists.
changes in heart rhythm. ECG changes including QT interval prolongation has been seen in patients receiving ondansetron.

Do not take ondansetron if you:
have long QT syndrome (condition that increases the risk of developing an irregular heartbeat that may cause fainting or sudden death)"

https://www.rxwiki.com/ondansetron#overdose

Oh and importantly we now know she had someone coming to her house on occasion to hand deliver her her weed. So we now know for sure that at least one person would come over to the house.

If convicted, could she be released for time served and early out for good behavior? Then what happens to the new baby....does mom run?

It makes me very mad that she claims she gave him Zofran because Lucas said his tummy was hurting.

Zofran is to prevent naseau and to prevent throwing up. It is NOT supposed to be given for a stomach ache. Not from what I am reading about that medicine. Grrrrrrrr

It makes me wonder how much she misused giving this medicine to him.
If this was her go to medicine for stomache aches then she had that all wrong. Grrrrrr

http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article211200799.html

I thought Zofran was given to pregnant people who get morning sickness?

Lucas had been throwing up per the school reports, I can easily see Zofran being prescribed. Granddaughter was prescribed it this year with the flu was the only thing that stopped her from vomiting, getting dehydrated and allowed her to rest. No clue if a dr really prescribed it but I can see it as a definite possibility.

Also I am wondering now if she gave him too much of the Zofran bc she was so damn high and he died from it. And if you remember back PB kind of insulated she thought Lucas was dead before Emily got home from OG.

http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article211200799.html

Detective reads Emily's handwritten statement

Well. Isn’t that just a lot of information with some telling tidbits. Not the least of which is her getting the numerical dates wrong.

Very interesting indeed. Lots of sentence fragments except when feeling the need to explain. She checked on Lucas every 20-30 minutes, sometimes just to say "hi."

What a picture of the perfect caretaker. Puhleese...jmo.

“Then the seven minutes of interviews were played. Audio was low and hard to hear. Of note, her weed gets brought to her by a man named Mike. She does not know his last name.”

So, Mike no last name ‘the dealer’ brings her her weed. Does Mike only bring her a days supply at a time? Cause where’s the weed? And where’s the paraphanalia? And does she have Mikes number in her phone that she turned over to LE? So much in that one paragraph to dissect.

I don’t think LE needed to test her. She brought up drugs. She admitted doing them. She showed her phone saying the same. She’s said she drove. Again phone messages said the same. Phone pings put her where she said she’d be. Later told the same story to someone else in jail. There is no defense except trying to poke holes in her own story by bringing up unnecessary tests.

I would have tested her to see if THC was the only thing in her system.

Thank you so much for the tweets. And massive thanks to Kansasjason for on the spot reporting. We have learnt new things with this case. Some thing I picked up while catching up:
It appears they are laying ground work for future with the calling of JH husband. Even if for only the appearance of normal family environment.
I was surprised that the defence didn’t ask LE to actually prove she was the one driving.
We still don’t know if she actually went to OG really.
If she gets off this she will not be able to use the “I was out of it, don’t remember” defence
Do we know if the landlord was actually still there when she got home ? I don’t think so which may be a telling exclusion.
We know the house and car were processed now for fact.
The timeline is getting smaller as they FaceTimed or similar after kids in bed.
The best part and this made me giggle is that while they were trying to throw the charges out the judge stated
“her statement appeared trustworthy” how could they have come back and argued she is not !! That made me lol !!!
I think the admission of being high and driving is just an example of her providing too much info around that 24 hrs instead of the actual moment he supposedly disappeared, she trapped herself.
Any regular weed smoker would have something, anything around the house somewhere. Not no trace at all of anything - that in itself is odd.

Im wondering why the judge ended the day a little early it seems?

Is there any hope that the judge tactfully ended early with the hopes that she would still give up information about LH for some sort of plea deal before this trial is over?

Can she still create a plea deal on this case while it is going on and before closing statements?

They’ll often end early if it’s a good stopping point - like in between witnesses that might have lengthy testimony

It makes me very mad that she claims she gave him Zofran because Lucas said his tummy was hurting. Zofran is to prevent naseau and to prevent throwing up. It is NOT supposed to be given for a stomach ache. Not from what I am reading about that medicine. GrrrrrrrrIt makes me wonder how much she misused giving this medicine to him.If this was her go to medicine for stomache aches then she had that all wrong. Grrrrrrhttp://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article211200799.html
I'm not sticking up for EG, but trying to understand why she felt zofran would help his tummy, and all I can figure is that maybe that's how Lucas described it when he felt nauseous, or maybe EG was trying to prevent nausea. If I had a kid that had GI issues like it's been described that Lucas had, I wouldn't be feeding them spaghettios and PBJs. They'd be getting bland food. That stood out to me. That'd be a nasty mess to clean up.

Thank you so much for the tweets. And massive thanks to Kansasjason for on the spot reporting. We have learnt new things with this case. Some thing I picked up while catching up:
It appears they are laying ground work for future with the calling of JH husband. Even if for only the appearance of normal family environment.
I was surprised that the defence didn’t ask LE to actually prove she was the one driving.
We still don’t know if she actually went to OG really.
If she gets off this she will not be able to use the “I was out of it, don’t remember” defence
Do we know if the landlord was actually still there when she got home ? I don’t think so which may be a telling exclusion.
We know the house and car were processed now for fact.
The timeline is getting smaller as they FaceTimed or similar after kids in bed.
The best part and this made me giggle is that while they were trying to throw the charges out the judge stated
“her statement appeared trustworthy” how could they have come back and argued she is not !! That made me lol !!!
I think the admission of being high and driving is just an example of her providing too much info around that 24 hrs instead of the actual moment he supposedly disappeared, she trapped herself.
Any regular weed smoker would have something, anything around the house somewhere. Not no trace at all of anything - that in itself is odd.

When asked why they didn’t test one of the officers said on the stand ‘because the focus was Lucas at that time’
I imagine the answer would be the same if asked why they didn’t look/find anything related to marijuana in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member