Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up on today's newest...and well, I don't think I'm caught up at all. I feel so confused. I think a running theory has been that he was deceased long before she contacted 911, but we had no way of knowing how long. If it was really like NG said, then... WOW! Longer than I thought. I just hope she either incriminated herself with statements of what happened and when, or the DA has some strong evidence of what happened that juries can understand. I don't know how long it would take for the sun to bleach hair, and I don't know if the autopsy will be able to determine how he died. If he had fractures, or healing fractures, they would show. If he truly had been vomiting for a long time, I don't know why he wasn't taken back to the doctor and told the meds aren't working, we need to know what's wrong. Tests could have been done to determine the vomiting. I don't think he died from being ill from a virus, flu, etc. I do think abuse led to his death. Either internal injuries that go worse, or beaten to death, I don't know. But I do strongly believe it was related to abuse.

I'm pretty much going with Lucas died on the 11th. That makes the most sense for the big picture. Now to fill in all the blanks surrounding what happened until she called him in on the 17th. She had a lot of time to set up a lot of confusion.
I am also leaning this way. But wth is wrong with JH that he wouldn’t have spoken with his son (or been surprised that he couldn’t) between the 11th and 17th? Why wasn’t he suspicious about that? Did he often go that long without speaking to his baby boy? I can’t imagine.

It's odd to me that there is this confusion about the LL possibly mixing up the date. If it's true he called her 2 times - it's simple enough to go back and check your phone and say, 'Aha! Here it is.....I called at 5:23 and 6:05 (just examples) I do it all the time.....asking myself "what day did I talk to so-and-so?" "when did the docs office call me?".

Is the only confusion that WHAT the LL said has not been confirmed? Meaning, he very well could have told LE the correct date, verified by his phone....but what WE were told here was 2/16.

The only thing about her motive being "See, Lucas is gone because I broke up with JH" is that a missing child is going to create a media frenzy, and her ex would be aware, and likely questioned by LE, even if she'd done everything "perfectly". If that was her motive, her brains had to have been seriously addled to think it would work.

Her lies were already lazy; her ex could have dug up the truth about the "break up" fairly easily.

Based on the sweet little dude's bruises and deteriorating condition (sad eyes, thinner face, vomiting), I think it was her routine treatment of him, and then it went too far and she had to try to cover her butt. It could've been violence, neglect, drugging... All of the above... Poor sweet baby.

I am also leaning this way. But wth is wrong with JH that he wouldn’t have spoken with his son (or been surprised that he couldn’t) between the 11th and 17th? Why wasn’t he suspicious about that? Did he often go that long without speaking to his baby boy? I can’t imagine.
I do know that some of the oil workers work 12 hour days. With Lucas being sick EG just might have told JH he went to bed early. JH did say he had been sick.

BBM - I agree, that is what makes sense! In order to see HER boys, and have any chance of ANYONE believing that she kicked out JH.....Lucas needed to be gone. Period. Remember we all discussed how on earth would she explain why she was still "watching/babysitting" Lucas for JH if they had broken up. This is a MOTIVE that makes sense to me. LIGHTBULB moment. THANKS @kidetect22

She could have asked her relatives to take Lucas for the hours when her boys were visiting to hide the fact that she didn't kick JH out. She didn't see them very often, and they didn't stay overnight. I don't think the "I kicked JH out" lie was enough to kill a child over. She was a good liar and could have worked around that imo.

So perhaps the homeless guy was cleared based on info/an alibi from the 16th. Now that we know it could be the 11th, maybe he was the male seen smoking with EG as they tried to figure out a plan on how to dispose of Lucas. Not trying to rehash this but if FLA is agreeing that the dates could be altered, we should probably start looking at everyone/everything all over again!
In my heart, I totally felt he died on the 11th, shortly after her sons went home with their father. I don't know why, but that just seemed to stick in my head. I just don't know anymore if this is even worth it. Lucas has been found and is back with his family, thank goodness. So much has changed since we first were told that the landlord saw him that Friday. To be honest, I'm kinda irritated by that because it threw a lot of us off. Now some new players have since been thrown in the mix.

Does anyone know when the damn cat went to the shelter? I remember us assuming that was why he came by, to check to make sure the cat was gone as he didn't allow pets at the rental house. Then we find out Emily called him about some weird smell instead?

Hi Everyone,

It has been a very busy day with a lot of new information.

Let me clear up some information about Nancy Grace.

First I loved how she interviewed John today. I thought she did a great job.

Nancy Grace works at Sirius XM. This is a private satellite broadcasting system. There are no ratings. Sirius has subscribers.

I have no idea how they know how many subscribers are listening to what channel. I do know before Howard Stern joined satellite radio Sirius barely had a million subscribers. Since Howard, they are now up to around 32.7 million subscribers.

The Federal Communications Commission cannot control what goes over the airwaves on Sirius. That's why they offer so many raunchy channels. Because they can.

I could tell Nancy's show today was pre-recorded. She had a few rough editing spots.

As far as I know, Nancy Grace does not pay for interviews. I know she didn't at HLN that's for certain. I have never heard of anyone being paid to be interviewed on Sirius but since Sirius is not controlled by the FCC they can pay for interviews or pictures or whatever. Was Jonathan paid for his interview? I would guess no but I could be wrong.

Nancy Grace did not interview JH for ratings. She did it because she knew we wanted to hear from him. If I had a chance to interview Jonathan I would jump at the chance.

OK. Now back to Lucas. My head is going to explode with all this new information. Don't know about you but I can barely process. I need to revisit all of the new information tomorrow.

Thank you,
Tricia

Caught back up on the last thread and on page 2 here! Making progress.

After FLA says the last confirmed sighting of Lucas was from the neighbors on the 11th, I’m believing more now that Emily killed Lucas after Jonathan went back to work and she had to get rid of Lucas before her boys came back for their next visit to prove to their father she was no longer with Jonathan! Between being pissed at JH for getting CPS involved with his own erratic behavior and needing to “prove” JH was no longer in her life, she chose the avenue of killing Lucas!!!!! Hands down, my theory!
Adding to the possibility of premeditation. How will the prosecution begin to address this issue?

Keep in mind, IIRC, LE NEVER confirmed that Lucas was seen or spoken to after the 11th.
I am. This was always in my mind, but I was trying to apply the theories of the LL seeing him. My other theories always fit better tho. I believe he was killed on the 11th, after her sons were picked up by their dad, and she and he had an argument. Was this the man she was smoking with on the front porch?

She could have asked her relatives to take Lucas for the hours when her boys were visiting to hide the fact that she didn't kick JH out. She didn't see them very often, and they didn't stay overnight. I don't think the "I kicked JH out" lie was enough to kill a child over. She was a good liar and could have worked around that imo.
I doubt any story of EG and JH being no longer together would have worked - she doesn't and hasn't worked in some time (if ever?)......they would know she was full of it and couldnt afford a big house. I dont' think her motive was anything more than she has anger issues and took her frustrations out on sweet little Lucas.

In my heart, I totally felt he died on the 11th, shortly after her sons went home with their father. I don't know why, but that just seemed to stick in my head. I just don't know anymore if this is even worth it. Lucas has been found and is back with his family, thank goodness. So much has changed since we first were told that the landlord saw him that Friday. To be honest, I'm kinda irritated by that because it threw a lot of us off. Now some new players have since been thrown in the mix.

Does anyone know when the damn cat went to the shelter? I remember us assuming that was why he came by, to check to make sure the cat was gone as he didn't allow pets at the rental house. Then we find out Emily called him about some weird smell instead?
I think so too. I think she had an argument with her ex. That date always stuck in my mind. If you think about it, except for the rumor of the LL, Lucas was uninvolved that day and never seen again. That's the day. She finished him off after her ex picked up her sons. That has always made the most sense to me.

I sort of think homeless guy was there on the 16th. He said Lucas wasn't there when he was there, but then LE learned that maybe they were looking at the wrong dates too.

Now I really am thinking out loud....
When was the unknown perpetrator mentioned? Was it in the documents that the judge allowed the media to use before they became sealed? Is that when the neighbor was mentioned having a Q&A with Lucas on Friday night, which confused us all because we weren't sure if both the neighbor and the landlord saw him, or just one or the other? Absolutely mind boggling, all of this.

Update 10:13 pm 6/4 (Apology if repeat)

Eyewitness News legal expert Charley O'Hara weighed in on the new information Jonathan revealed during his interview.

"It appears the stories just don't seem to be consistent, they keep changing from both Mr. Hernandez and Ms. Glass, and it's just - I'm very curious as to what's going on." O'Hara says.

It's a case with many unanswered questions, and the interview with Jonathan Hernandez on "Crime Stories with Nancy Grace" just adds to them.

'I started to think she probably knew something,' Lucas Hernandez' dad talks to Nancy Grace

Ok. Let's try to get a timeline here.
Feb 4th visits with EG sons
Feb 5th ex files report of abuse by JH
Feb 8th CPS interviews EG's sons
Feb 9th JH leaves for NM
Feb 9th is Lucas last day at school which is a Friday
Feb 11th EG's sons visit which is a Sunday
no more Lucas

Feb 12, 2018 EG surrenders Scully the cat to the Humane Society

Update 10:13 pm 6/4 (Apology if repeat)

Eyewitness News legal expert Charley O'Hara weighed in on the new information Jonathan revealed during his interview.

"It appears the stories just don't seem to be consistent, they keep changing from both Mr. Hernandez and Ms. Glass, and it's just - I'm very curious as to what's going on." O'Hara says.

It's a case with many unanswered questions, and the interview with Jonathan Hernandez on "Crime Stories with Nancy Grace" just adds to them.

'I started to think she probably knew something,' Lucas Hernandez' dad talks to Nancy Grace
Oh I so agree with this, more than I can even say. I also think there is much more to this than what meets the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisEmant