Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One good thing is that now they have an arrest, they should be able to get a warrant for the phone, calls, and pings data. Even if she doesn't come clean, they could get some clues from the pings, especially if there's a trip that hasn't been admitted to, or something during the dark hours.

And if they don't find any unusual trips, then they'll be able to retrace every step she's made since the last independent sighting of Lucas.

It's a step in the right direction for finding him and finding out what happened. If there's any chance he's still alive she has a strong incentive now to admit to any part in it she has had, even if she was scared to do that before.

Not yet 100% sure of my thoughts regarding dad just yet.

Perhaps some of the reason for his being upset about any focus on the abuse allegations are due to his inability (either emotionally or logically) accept that the two are related. Holding on to hope that your child is alive & well somewhere out there probably greatly increases that parent's ability to make excuses in their minds for things or ignore things that might be obvious to others. Hope is a very powerful emotion.

If he hasn't accepted the possibility that the previous abuse and Lucas being missing are in any way related, it's likely he has not turned against stepmom and that they remain, to at least some degree, united.

I think one possible key factor in getting the answer we all want is for that united front and the belief, defense, and support that go along with being united to no longer exist.

Admitting you've done something so utterly terrible is probably very hard. But it's easier to not tell when you know your partner believes and supports you. Once they don't, and the one person you most needed to buy your story no longer does, and with good reason, it probably makes admitting such a thing a little less hard than when they were still believing and supporting you.

Due to keeping the integrity of the case, I doubt LE is going to give dad the information he needs that they likely have for him to at least start entertaining the possibility of stepmom.

Someone close to him, who is preferably also close to stepmom needs to help him open his mind to the possibility of stepmom. He then needs to talk to/confront stepmom. I think that may help get us an answer or at least start wearing her down.

All JMO / SPECULATION

Perhaps some of the reason for his being upset about any focus on the abuse allegations are due to his inability (either emotionally or logically) accept that the two are related. Holding on to hope that your child is alive & well somewhere out there probably greatly increases that parent's ability to make excuses in their minds for things or ignore things that might be obvious to others. Hope is a very powerful emotion.

If he hasn't accepted the possibility that the previous abuse and Lucas being missing are in any way related, it's likely he has not turned against stepmom and that they remain, to at least some degree, united.

I think one possible key factor in getting the answer we all want is for that united front and the belief, defense, and support that go along with being united to no longer exist.

Admitting you've done something so utterly terrible is probably very hard. But it's easier to not tell when you know your partner believes and supports you. Once they don't, and the one person you most needed to buy your story no longer does, and with good reason, it probably makes admitting such a thing a little less hard than when they were still believing and supporting you.

Due to keeping the integrity of the case, I doubt LE is going to give dad the information he needs that they likely have for him to at least start entertaining the possibility of stepmom.

Someone close to him, who is preferably also close to stepmom needs to help him open his mind to the possibility of stepmom. He then needs to talk to/confront stepmom. I think that may help get us an answer or at least start wearing her down.

All JMO / SPECULATION

Very well stated, good thoughts about dad's possible feelings. I totally agree with how he may be feeling. jmo

This thread has been moving so fast that I’m sure my questions got overlooked- so I’ll ask again... what kind of job does JH do and how long of a period is he gone at a time ??!!

Jeeze... a couple things from that segment.

1- Holy crap on those new photos!!!!!!! HOW was something not done?! He had a handprint bruise on his arm.

2- what was up with JH’s first comment? Getting pissed that people brought up the fact that he was abused? News flash— HE WAS ABUSED!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of maneure is that? Must be his FWB wasn't the only one abusing sweet little Lucas,and from the former police reports I would believe that. Cutting off family who reported said abuse. She already doesn't have custody of her other kids.
What the Hell. Who says that kind of thing?

All JMO / SPECULATION

When I first heard that she was arrested, my first thought was " great, now he will be more open and available to listening to others versus having her around 24/7 and excluding family and friends from getting him to reality"

That is why I was so shocked and disappointed in the interview that he gave. But as others have said it could have been before her arrest.

I do hope he turns around and starts listening and confiding and getting counseling from other family members.

His interview pissed me off! For anyone else that's wondering this was his statement on abuse allegations:

"I'm sorry that they did and it really pisses me off only because it seems like its about something else and its not happening now. Now if you want to bring that up later that's fine, That's a whole seperate issue but I think its taking away from whats happening and I don't appreciate it. Not from my family not from strangers."

As others have said...this certainly doesn't seem like a denial of abuse. It seems more like he's confirming abuse but doesn't want to talk about it right now. Yikes.

If I knew someone hurt my child, I certainly would never let that person around my child. And definitely not ALONE with my child.

I could understand the denial if you'd never known your partner to be violent.
It would be a shock to go from someone gentle to people claiming she's violent.
However, that's not what happened here.
Dad himself has been a victim of Emily's rage.
Dad himself knows what she is capable of.

That is where the difference comes in for me.
That is why I believe Dad is culpable.

There is no excuse for not believing Lucas when he claimed he was being abused by Emily. Even if you thought she wasn't capable of hurting the kids, so you trusted her with them.... when Lucas said it was her, Lucas should have been the first priority.

Switching jobs to be around more for the daughter, having Lucas go with other family while you were working. There were so many better, safer options.

I certainly hope that some other parent learns from this. I get the impression that lots of people knew about the abuse, documented the abuse and reported the abuse. Then didn't push it past that because they never thought it would go this far. We know differently here because we've seen it so many freaking times now.
It's heartbreaking. I will never understand.

All of this and one other thing I'd like to add- the father had custody of Lucas, not EG. EG is not a spouse, and I sincerely doubt that she was added on as a parent of the child in terms of having custody. Perhaps FindLucasAllen can shed some light on this, but from what I have read, he cleaned up his act and got basically full custody of Lucas with visitation rights to the bio Mom- I don't think EG was ever added on, as from what I can see, he wasn't with EG when he got custody of Lucas.

My feeling is that when these issues came up about abuse, he could have given Lucas back to the aunt that was raising him from 6 months until he was 2 years old, or another family member until he could deal with getting his daughter away from EG. He had that responsibility to not only Lucas, but his bio Mom and many other family members that loved this boy and had his best interests at heart. He sat on his hands, knowing full well this woman was not stable- he has a lot to answer for, and should not be allowed to ever have custody of his children again. If he is that weak or scared of a person like EG, imagine how scared, lonely, isolated Lucas felt all this time?

This thread has been moving so fast that I’m sure my questions got overlooked- so I’ll ask again... what kind of job does JH do and how long of a period is he gone at a time ??!!

we are not sure but I think he's in the oil rigging business. Don't know the schedule either.

One good thing is that now they have an arrest, they should be able to get a warrant for the phone, calls, and pings data. Even if she doesn't come clean, they could get some clues from the pings, especially if there's a trip that hasn't been admitted to, or something during the dark hours.

I would bet money they had that data on Sunday when the FBI came on scene. Its what they do best. :)

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Has there been a report/post within TOS of the actual address that they moved into? A fellow WSer was kind enough to do addresses on a map, but I'm not sure what all those addresses are related to. In addition, would like to do a Google Street View if it's available.

Again, if that is with in terms of service.

I was under the impression the father works for a logging company.
Maybe someone can clarify.
Was a long night worrying about Lucas. Not enough coffee in the world right now :(

His Facebook mentioned some sort of logging/timber job. We aren’t entirely sure what he did. I believe our VI confirmed he was away for long stretches of time. Like 90 days on 30 days off.

His Facebook mentioned some sort of logging/timber job. We aren’t entirely sure what he did. I believe our VI confirmed he was away for long stretches of time. Like 90 days on 30 days off.

Not sure what he does now but he was previously a Mudlogger. (I had never heard of this and had to google.) Gotta love LinkedIn.

Maybe just common sense to clear the parks...?
I personally think that they got a "ping" or a tip to look in the parks. Also, as much as I hate to say this, there is no way she could have dug a hole because of the frozen ground. So looking at bodies of water that are deep enough not to have been frozen during that time period is almost a given at this point. I had hopes at the beginning they would find him alive, but now I am just hoping he can be found and buried properly with more respect than he seemed to be given in his life.

Yes deeper water. I'm hung up on the thought of a bridge.

I am just barely hearing about Lucas so sorry if this is already been covered. My son is also 5 and is currently in Kindergarten and also did 2 years of preschool. Do we know if Lucas was in school and if the school had any info on prior abuse?

Lucas has been missing too many days now! Someone knows where he is at. Please speak up Now and let him be found!

:praying:

I am just barely hearing about Lucas so sorry if this is already been covered. My son is also 5 and is currently in Kindergarten and also did 2 years of preschool. Do we know if Lucas was in school and if the school had any info on prior abuse?

Because of where is birthday falls, he is in Pre-school this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15