Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How awful to imagine Lucas sitting through having tattoos put on his bruises.
Ugh. I am so sorry.

In my opinion, I have no doubt EG placed them there. One by one...an attempted cover up of her actions. That was her pattern! She is cruel. Diabolical!

If I may be so bold to ask @FindLucasAllen , and please feel free not to answer.....but approximately how many tattoos are we talking about?

And, did this tattoo plan even come close to fooling anyone?

I'm racking my brain trying to remember. I remember him getting to the family member's memorial service and I asked him to show me his sweet tats. Then I noticed the bruises.

I know there were quite a few tattoos, but when I try to bring the memory back my mind is only focused on the bruises so I can't remember the tattoos as well.

I agree. As much as our, “Websleuth Minds” want to know I thinks it’s best they wait until the autopsy and toxicology results are complete.
Your post is so true, Tippy, and has spurred me to think about all of the pages and threads we have read and contributed to. The daily journey each of us has taken to somehow fight for Lucas in whatever capacity we could. Even when anxiety and heartache has caused some of to step away, we've always come back. To support one another, and uplift the @FindLucasAllen Family. Because even though we all want to know the truth, we also know we are willing to wait.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it might feel like for the family members to face each new day without having the answers they so desperately seek. While I have no doubt they all want through and accurate autopsy(s)/toxicology exam(s), the wait must be excruciating. My heart aches for each of them.

Like many others, I have followed "our" little Batman's journey from the very beginning, and know how much Lucas has come to mean to each of us.

Every comment has been posted with passion, and the strongest desire for justice. His story has inspired many of us to take action. Whether it be creating/distributing flyers, making phone calls, mapping areas to search, leading a group of individuals through brush and trees or rocks and streams, completing and posting research, transcribing podcasts, applying to become a foster parent, going back to school to become involved in social work, or praying and supporting from a distance, we have all made a difference in whatever capacity we could.

Lucas' story has made each of us a better person. And the potential to become even better. No matter how long it takes, whatever the outcome, we will all be here. Because no matter our thoughts or opinions, we all want and will be waiting for the justice Lucas deserves.

I have to go back and try to find the post about Lucas putting the tattoos on himself. I'll check the former VI's posts. I have never been on fb so it must have been mentioned here. Sorry FLA, I thought you had said it.
IIRC - JO said during her podcast interview that Lucas put them there himself.

Yet another "in regards to the LL" post:

LE initially said that the LL saw him on the 16th.

Then our family was manipulated into believing that our former family "advocate" (NOT my former co-VI!) had information from LE that said otherwise. Much of what was told to us by this person is turning out to possibly be false.

That's why I've said that the last *confirmed* date is the 11th. Because it's just not clear enough to me if the LL saw him or not. It's still possible that they did see him.

In regards to her being pregnant:

I have no clue. But I trust that my former co-VI wasn't lying and that she wasn't lied to either. But I just have no clue whether she ever was.

I am really sorry you had to go through the peripheral crap on top of your heartache. :(

Thanks Mysterian, but someone said Lucas had put them on himself. I can't find all of the threads on the search engine. It only shows nine. ??

The first few posts of each thread have recaps and links to previous threads. I ran a search on this site and only got two results, both from thread 28 about Lucas. I'm pretty sure those temporary tattoos were discussed earlier, I just haven't located the post. Since my search produced so few results, I've started back at thread 1 and I'm trying to find exactly where they were mentioned. If anyone remembers more details, I'd appreciate the help. :)

I'm wondering what the hold up is on Emily's preliminary autopsy. They should know by now if it is officially a suicide.
Given that law enforcement has not commented that they are actively seeking a "shooter" in the death of EG, I think it's safe to assume COD is gunshot wound and MOD is suicide.

Oh no! No worries! I didn’t think you were, just figured that the guy may need more detailed info than we can offer and perhaps could arrange it with FLA I think it’s a super neat idea!<3
I should have messaged FLA with the info. I’m sorry if I stepped on any toes. It was not intentional. I just wasn’t thinking.

I'm racking my brain trying to remember. I remember him getting to the family member's memorial service and I asked him to show me his sweet tats. Then I noticed the bruises.

I know there were quite a few tattoos, but when I try to bring the memory back my mind is only focused on the bruises so I can't remember the tattoos as well.

That is a tough memory to live with, it gives me chills what you have had to consider, remember, block and endure!

I hope that your sharing with us can give you some relief...we are here for you FLA! Hugs!

Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez
BY TIM POTTER
April 13, 2018 09:34 AM
Updated April 17, 2018 01:40 PM

....March 2017: Someone saw Lucas with “temporary tattoos that were hiding bruises.” Lucas was reported to have been covered “from head to toe in bruises,” according to a report to the Kansas Department for Children and Families on Feb. 19, two days after Glass told police he had disappeared. The person said Lucas had a bruise on his bottom “that looked like the shape of a clothes iron. … Lucas reportedly stated (Glass) had caused the bruises,” the document says....

Feb 2016 - Feb 2018 Timeline at link below.
Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

Your post is so true, Tippy, and has spurred me to think about all of the pages and threads we have read and contributed to. The daily journey each of us has taken to somehow fight for Lucas in whatever capacity we could. Even when anxiety and heartache has caused some of to step away, we've always come back. To support one another, and uplift the @FindLucasAllen Family. Because even though we all want to know the truth, we also know we are willing to wait.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it might feel like for the family members to face each new day without having the answers they so desperately seek. While I have no doubt they all want through and accurate autopsy(s)/toxicology exam(s), the wait must be excruciating. My heart aches for each of them.

Like many others, I have followed "our" little Batman's journey from the very beginning, and know how much Lucas has come to mean to each of us.

Every comment has been posted with passion, and the strongest desire for justice. His story has inspired many of us to take action. Whether it be creating/distributing flyers, making phone calls, mapping areas to search, leading a group of individuals through brush and trees or rocks and streams, completing and posting research, transcribing podcasts, applying to become a foster parent, going back to school to become involved in social work, or praying and supporting from a distance, we have all made a difference in whatever capacity we could.

Lucas' story has made each of us a better person. And the potential to become even better. No matter how long it takes, whatever the outcome, we will all be here. Because no matter our thoughts or opinions, we all want and will be waiting for the justice Lucas deserves.
And this ^ is why I love you so much, @Charliegizmo49 :)

The first few posts of each thread have recaps and links to previous threads. I ran a search on this site and only got two results, both from thread 28 about Lucas. I'm pretty sure those temporary tattoos were discussed earlier, I just haven't located the post. Since my search produced so few results, I've started back at thread 1 and I'm trying to find exactly where they were mentioned. If anyone remembers more details, I'd appreciate the help. :)

The site search engine is currently broken. Dave is working on fixing it. Technical questions and updates are in the Welcome to Websleuth's thread: Welcome To Websleuths # 2

(Maybe try your search again later?)

Yet another "in regards to the LL" post:

LE initially said that the LL saw him on the 16th.

Then our family was manipulated into believing that our former family "advocate" (NOT my former co-VI!) had information from LE that said otherwise. Much of what was told to us by this person is turning out to possibly be false.

That's why I've said that the last *confirmed* date is the 11th. Because it's just not clear enough to me if the LL saw him or not. It's still possible that they did see him.

In regards to her being pregnant:

I have no clue. But I trust that my former co-VI wasn't lying and that she wasn't lied to either. But I just have no clue whether she ever was.
It makes me very sad to know you and your family had to feel manipulated at a time like this. I’m so sorry for all your pain and loss.

new+lucas+hernandez.JPG

Love this photo!
Services for Lucas Hernandez set, will be open to the public

They were temporary tattoos. I saw them first hand and unless she used them as targets it was clear that they were placed to cover the bruises.

ETA: but I don't know who put them there. It wasn't anyone on his maternal side of the family, though.
I never really contributed much to Lucas' case but the whole temp tatts thing really resonated with me from the very first time I saw it.

I don't recall how old I was but I do recall being super excited to get the temp tatts in the Cracker Jack boxes and knowing exactly how to apply them. I mean sure, I grew up in the late 60's... didn't every kid know how to apply water soluble temp tatts from Cracker Jacks??

Of course... you located each and every crescent shaped bruise from the fingernails that dug deep into your forearm and that was the FIRST place the temp tattoos went. Then, if there were any left, they went on the leg bruises or even the face bruises. Depending on the color of the bruise, the tatt made them look cool.

When I first read that it was Lucas that covered himself with these temp tatts, all I could think was "I get it buddy, I totally get it... we did too". We being, the thousands and thousands of kids of prior generations growing up in violent and abusive situations, and dealing with it in the most rudimentary way possible.

Lucas... buddy, you can't hear me, but I pray somehow you know, that we get it. We feel you, and we love you. You did NOT die in vein. Please know this.

The site search engine is currently broken. Dave is working on fixing it. Technical questions and updates are in the Welcome to Websleuth's thread: Welcome To Websleuths # 2

(Maybe try your search again later?)

Hey, thanks, G1850! I didn't know search function was on the fritz, but makes sense. I just figured it was an error on my part and started reviewing each thread starting at the beginning. I've been here on Lucas' threads from the beginning, and I remain in awe of how the folks here came together for Lucas, it's truly amazing how everyone came together for him. Lucas became and is now so special to so many. In his memory, I have become even more active in supporting/helping foster parents in my local area.(OT: Those folks are definitely not in it for the money.)

I was thinking about this earlier. I wonder if they will wait for toxicology on her - a) because of her history, b) because of the already churning rumor mill surrounding the circumstances (thanks, hangers on!) which began as EG was being removed the home in which she died.

If I was Wichita LE, ME, DA, what have you, I would want to wait until the whole picture was known before saying anything. Much like it seems they are with Lucas.

There is WAY too much pot stirring going on right now.

Yes, I think you might be right. EG's body is now a piece of evidence in the Lucas inquiry that can be interrogated by the ME, isn't it? I know that's a tough and blunt way to look at it, but that's what it is.

I never really contributed much to Lucas' case but the whole temp tatts thing really resonated with me from the very first time I saw it.

I don't recall how old I was but I do recall being super excited to get the temp tatts in the Cracker Jack boxes and knowing exactly how to apply them. I mean sure, I grew up in the late 60's... didn't every kid know how to apply water soluble temp tatts from Cracker Jacks??

Of course... you located each and every crescent shaped bruise from the fingernails that dug deep into your forearm and that was the FIRST place the temp tattoos went. Then, if there were any left, they went on the leg bruises or even the face bruises. Depending on the color of the bruise, the tatt made them look cool.

When I first read that it was Lucas that covered himself with these temp tatts, all I could think was "I get it buddy, I totally get it... we did too". We being, the thousands and thousands of kids of prior generations growing up in violent and abusive situations, and dealing with it in the most rudimentary way possible.

Lucas... buddy, you can't hear me, but I pray somehow you know, that we get it. We feel you, and we love you. You did NOT die in vein. Please know this.
I feel terrible that Lucas isn’t the first and won’t he the last, to figure out how to cover bruises in temp tattoos! How heartbreaking! I’m sorry you understand this so well

Autopsy reports are public records under the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA), and I posted the link for Sedgwick County upthread.

I contacted Sedgwick today and the ME's office believes EG Autopsy will be sealed, and no information publicly available for about 90 days (unless the DA rules otherwise).

Take note LH autopsy being handled by "Harvey County Coroner" whose voicemail cites budget shortfall and limited personnel. I'm not optimistic about getting info from Harvey County anytime soon.

Contacts

Thank you for this information

I have to go back and try to find the post about Lucas putting the tattoos on himself. I'll check the former VI's posts. I have never been on fb so it must have been mentioned here. Sorry FLA, I thought you had said it.
I had thought that also, and I also don't use Facebook, so I must have mixed up some statements. I apologize for misquoting FLA and saying Lucas put the tattoo on himself. Maybe out other old VI had mentioned that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018