Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want what is best for your child when someone calls you and says they have two black eyes, bruises all over their body - you say yes please take him to ER and call me as soon as you know something - you don't send the woman back to pick him up that dropped him off that way so that family will not take him to ER IMO.

The thing is, we weren't there. We don't know what was said, to who it was said, or what led to actions. We don't know if there had been constant 'drama' or 'wolf' comments over and over, so when something really was happening, the response could have been "here we go again!". If someone isn't given the whole story, and only hear one person's viewpoint, then it's hard to make a decision. And truthfully, we just don't know what the history there was, what the backstory was, what was said, whether a text, phone call, phone message, FB message, etc.

Just like we all can read the same things in text on this board, and come to different conclusions and it doesn't make one person right and another wrong. It only means we came to a different conclusion with the same facts, due to our viewpoint. Our past, experiences, thinking process, personalities, etc, affect how we interpret.

If you want what is best for your child when someone calls you and says they have two black eyes, bruises all over their body - you say yes please take him to ER and call me as soon as you know something - you don't send the woman back to pick him up that dropped him off that way so that family will not take him to ER IMO.

I agree. If he were my child I would have taken him the second I saw the bruises. I wouldn’t have waited 60 seconds.

Rest in peace, Lucas. :(

Lucas Hernandez's Obituary on Wichita Eagle

December 03, 2012-February, 2018. Beloved son, brother, grandchild and nephew, tragically left this world in February, 2018. Lucas was a child full of love, hope and joy. He brightened every life he touched and made the world a better place.

‘He was goodness and light in a tiny package’
:(
Rest in peace Lucas

The thing is, we weren't there. We don't know what was said, to who it was said, or what led to actions. We don't know if there had been constant 'drama' or 'wolf' comments over and over, so when something really was happening, the response could have been "here we go again!". If someone isn't given the whole story, and only hear one person's viewpoint, then it's hard to make a decision. And truthfully, we just don't know what the history there was, what the backstory was, what was said, whether a text, phone call, phone message, FB message, etc.

Just like we all can read the same things in text on this board, and come to different conclusions and it doesn't make one person right and another wrong. It only means we came to a different conclusion with the same facts, due to our viewpoint. Our past, experiences, thinking process, personalities, etc, affect how we interpret.

I have to also agree. But I would have obtained medical care immediately. There would have been no time for anyone to have picked him up. He would have been at an emergency room.

In some ways, to me, EG seemed almost child-like in a lot of what she did. Throwing tantrums if she didn't get her way, lying (with sometimes very unbelievable lies), responding to frustration with violence for lack of other coping skills (my thought, nothing anyone said), and so many other things she's been said to have done. If she committed suicide (which I believe she did), I feel like it was more to make JH feel bad for doubting her than out of guilt, fear of jail or any of the other reasons I've read here. I can remember when I was young hearing kids talking about dying/committing suicide and saying things like, "Just wait until they find me dead, then they'll be sorry. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces." I can hear her thinking, "Just wait until he finds me dead. He'll wish he'd stuck up for me more and believed me when I said I didn't kill Lucas. This is really going to make him feel sorry" I wonder at times if her immature mind didn't stop to think that death would be final, she'd be unlikely to see the look on his face, and she'll probably never know if he felt bad or not. MOO
That is the phrase i was looking for earlier. "Wait til they see" ,that is exactly what i think went through her mind before she died.

So, in the last thread someone said they were confused and asked if people here thought that someone else killed Emily. That was because I asked someone who they thought killed Emily. Just to state... I of course think Emily killed herself... just setting the record straight.

So, in the last thread someone said they were confused and asked if people here thought that someone else killed Emily. That was because I asked someone who they thought killed Emily. Just to state... I of course think Emily killed herself... just setting the record straight.

This case has been a muddled mess from the beginning. Imo EG probably lived her entire life deep in lies. It probably began as a child and reinforced by an enabling environment. People like her often seek out others she can successfully deceive. Because it was her way of life.

She may have been pretty intelligent all along believing she could fool everyone. No one witnessed the abuse she inflicted on Lucas and she came up with believable reasons for bruising.

I believe she escalated to the point she was pretty confident and even perhaps believed her own lies. Until Lucas died. Then she needed time to fashion a story that might be believable.
Imo by the time she reported him missing he had been gone for several days.

The problem for her at that point,imo, was that the minute she lied to law enforcement the night she reported him missing, she told her lie to trained officers.

I believe they realized she was lying very very early into her statement to them. I also think they checked her record very quickly and it reinforced their position. EG had run into LE that were not believing the story she gave them.

She had taken several days to remove all traces of the incident, her drug use and had disposed of his body several days before.

It was a slip to have told them she smoked pot and went to OG with MH. when LE searched they found no drugs or evidence she had smoked.

My guess is that gave them indication that the house had been cleaned and at least the evidence of drug use had been trashed.

It gave LE suspicion to wonder what else had been removed.

Imo LE took her statement admitting to smoking MJ as enough to arrest, charge and convict her on the endangerment charge.

I think it was an oversight not to have tested her for the presence of drugs when they arrested her for child endangerment.

I thought the DA had held back the child endangerment charge relating to Lucas as a backup if she walked in the first case. My thinking has evolved to now believe that LE knew Lucas had not been in the home when she went to OG and any decent defense attorney would have questioned it and probably won that case in court.

At some point they subpoenaed her phone records. Sometimes it takes a while for a cell provider to go in and give LE an accurate record, not of use and calls, but of exact towers the phone connected with for let’s say a 14 day period prior to reporting Lucas missing.

It seems my understanding that a cell phone can connect with several towers at once while at first blush a Cell phone can be tracked, an analyst has to look at cell traffic, strength of signal and other factors to determine the details of exact location.

My guess is that while waiting for a response from EG cell provider, LE investigated phone tips and info from interviews. That might be the reason one Park was searched several times.

That is the phrase i was looking for earlier. "Wait til they see" ,that is exactly what i think went through her mind before she died.

I think her entire adult life was lived in aa fantasy like world made up of lies evil and deceit.

Until the night she reported him missing.

That night she told LE a culmination of lies of the last few days when she killed Lucas, hid his body and cleaned her house to rid it of all possible evidence.

The problem she quickly faced us that LE is highly trained to detect deceit. They may have even told her so. Regardless she stuck to her story.
After she realized they didn’t believe her, and for validation, I think she made every effort to seem truthful to JH.

She then began targeting anyone but her for Lucas disappearance. Early on she blamed JO then the couple outside the house,then the third was the homeless man, CR.

She deflected to and against anybody but Emily. I’m not sure if she had a grasp on the truth until the PI convinced her he was there to help her. For whatever reason she had a momens if reality or weakness and together they found Lucas.

Last edited:

When studying this case it’s very easy to get confused. My limited conclusion is;

Emily Glass had lived a very deceitful life filled with lies, evil and cunning purposeful planning. She left little to chance. Her death followed all if those things and more.

She wanted JH to remember her carefully thought out last image of her. Unidentifiable as LE said, in the very house they had planned their future. Cold, callous and a very cruel last image.

So, group,do you think we will get follow up to this case once results come in?? So much has been held close to the vest,but now that there is no case to try,will they be forth coming???I just hope that LE and the DA realize that after the huge Memorial Service for Lucas that there is is still a whole bunch of people that want "Justice for Lucas" and if facts are swept under the rug or kept out of the public eye,it will reflect directly on them.

So, group,do you think we will get follow up to this case once results come in?? So much has been held close to the vest,but now that there is no case to try,will they be forth coming???I just hope that LE and the DA realize that after the huge Memorial Service for Lucas that there is is still a whole bunch of people that want "Justice for Lucas" and if facts are swept under the rug or kept out of the public eye,it will reflect directly on them.
I’m not from US so just thinking out loud ideas here.
But what is ’Justice for Lucas” that will satisfy people that are not family. I mean at the end of the day the person who committed this crime is most likely is dead. The people who get on groups and news articles screaming for Justice also attack everyone from all sides.
Legally can the DA say much more than the evidence points to EG being the killer of both Lucas and herself. Without a trial are they able to just lay out all the evidence, if yes then you could only think DNA etc and cause of death. But would they be able to show circumstantial without the person being able to legally defend against that ?
I think once all the tox is back we may just hear what I stated above
The evidence points to her killing Lucas. He passed this way. EG killed herself.
Of course as sleuths we want all the details but I am starting to think that may not occur.
As long as the family get answers.

The DA has stated the information will be released to the public once the results from the ME has come in and the investigation is closed. I can only assume that what we will be given is what would have been presented as evidence to proceed to trial. I don’t know that we will ever have a complete picture now that EG has made the choice she made. Actually I don’t know that we would have even if she had been tried. So much darkness, so much hidden and she seemed determined to keep it that way.

The DA, in his statement following the death of EG, was adamant that 1. The investigation into Lucas' death will continue and 2. He will release the findings to the public. He was clear that he felt it was important for the public to know what happened. I believe him.

I’m not from US so just thinking out loud ideas here.
But what is ’Justice for Lucas” that will satisfy people that are not family. I mean at the end of the day the person who committed this crime is most likely is dead. The people who get on groups and news articles screaming for Justice also attack everyone from all sides.
Legally can the DA say much more than the evidence points to EG being the killer of both Lucas and herself. Without a trial are they able to just lay out all the evidence, if yes then you could only think DNA etc and cause of death. But would they be able to show circumstantial without the person being able to legally defend against that ?
I think once all the tox is back we may just hear what I stated above
The evidence points to her killing Lucas. He passed this way. EG killed herself.
Of course as sleuths we want all the details but I am starting to think that may not occur.
As long as the family get answers.
If the family doesn't want all the details out there,that is fine with me. I just do not like how "open" the case still is for the Emily groupies. Even though they will always deny her part in it,it would be nice to have the law come out with a charge against her. I guess I am naive to want that for Lucas.

I think there might be a way for a local to force an inquest type court hearing if a Kansas resident wants to try.

I am wondering if the PI had interviewed Emily in jail if she would have let loose of Lucas' location? I am guessing the family timed Emily's release with having the PI come. But.... if Emily had never gotten released from jail, we might not have found out Lucas' location. Or, Emily would have assumed she would still get a lighter sentence.

I want to know if Emily did tell her side of the story in the suicide notes. She said in jail, it
My heart just breaks so much for this poor family :( I remember writing obituary for my son, it was the hardest thing I ever wrote because my son passed in pregnancy and I had no cute stories to share.. I think his obituary (Lucas') is beautiful and I want to yet again offer my deepest condolences to his entire family ( @FindLucasAllen ) who will forever miss him and wonder who he would have been, who will never get Kindergarden graduation photos, go to a school play, shout for him in a sporting event, celebrate his 6th birthday, see him fall in love, and back out of love. To see him go to prom, and graduation, and marriage, and have his grandchildren.. This horrid woman stole so much from this family that I don't think she was even a little capable of understanding just how much she was robbing them... I've been so blessed to fall in love with this little boy I had never met, he has changed my life, he has made me think twice about the children I see in the grocery store with bruises, he has made me appreciate my jerk of a teenage daughter because at least she is HERE to be a jerk.
Lucas, you are a superhero, but not like the ones you loved, no sir - you have exceeded all the known super heros out there, because you are REAL! Please play with my son in heaven, sweet Lucas! Make mudpies with him and fall asleep with the lullabyes of angels. And look down on your momma and her family, and send them rainbows to show you are still here!

Okay, enough of that, Im a crying mess! Thank you to WS for existing to bring us awareness of so many things, and to the mods for upholding TOS that set us apart from other sites, and most of all, for the community of friends I have developed through this case and who share the common bond of those who want to make a difference in the world! Lucas would be proud of us all!
Agree. Knew if one case where trigger was pulled with big toe. She was evil. And now she’s gone.

Her family must have dealt with arrangements privately. She hurt them as well.

I would have had her cremated and then flushed her down the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value