Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if JH had been at work out of state for the 3 weeks he claims he hadn't been staying at the house? If so, maybe she knew he would be home then and that's why she chose that night to murder herself.
But do we even know if she had done it that night or when?
Was JH in contact with her the whole time?
I need to look at the timeline....see when EG led DM to Lucas and when she committed suicide. There's not 3 weeks there. So, then I think when she was staying at her aunts after being released from jail, he must have been staying with her there. After she led DM to Lucas did he go back to work out of state? I'm trying to figure out a logical explanation as to why he hadn't been at the house for 3 weeks, but I don't think it was to stay away from EG.

I do believe he had to stay in Wichita during that time period because of the investigation, if memory serves me correctly. He was supposed to have court on the day DM came to Wichita, but it was postponed. He was urged to go to work by DM, so he was at his job when he got the call that Lucas had been found, and he came back. He didn't go back to work after- I think JH mentioned it was because of the investigation?

BBM. That's what I thought when I heard it. Well, I was trying to approach it with "new ears" when I listened to both calls, and in doing so, I would think JH guilty of killing EG and EG being self-centered and neglectful but not a deliberate killer. I thought she sounded like she was shocked out of a fog that comes with waking up after falling asleep drunk, high, or stoned.

Speaking of stoned -- please throw tomatoes and not rocks --what if?

1) What if DA let EG go because there was a slight problem? EG led DM to Lucas' body...sort of, we think. At least, we know she told him "Kechi" and she described how he would be found, and DM said he would stop on every bridge but lo and behold it was the very first one. "I did Lucas so wrong" -- She says she found him dead in bed. Did she? Was she making that up? Was she really surprised when he was missing -- but knowing who had to have him, she wasn't about to go spill the beans? I wonder if she couldn't answer some very specific questions, leaving DA to wonder himself whether EG actually put him there.

I absolutely believe she beat poor Lucas -- maybe she was the only one and maybe not. I keep wondering if that iron-shaped mark could be from something else, such as kicking him or holding him down with a shoe or hitting him with something like a garden tool...only because an actual iron seems cumbersome and heavy to use to create a mark like that. Anyway, she hurt him, probably ignored him a lot, definitely put him and MH in danger with her using and inviting strangers into the home -- but is it possible someone else disappeared him and she learned "just enough" details later on? She knew she was in enough trouble whether she hid him or someone else did, she lost MH and custody of her boys -- but she wasn't about to give up that person. That would just make everything even worse.

2) Now, suppose for a minute that JH & EG had a phone conversation, maybe not even that same day -- JH says he was questioning her about Lucas, but instead he was going off on her or telling how bleak everything looked for her. And by the way, if you're going to do something, make sure you get the job done because otherwise you'll end up a vegetable or in the psych ward.... (my thoughts only of course)
I would be curious to learn what kind of communications--method, length, frequency--they had since she was released from jail.

WHY did he leave -- not one, but -- TWO guns in the home after DM's warning? Why did he stop by basically unannounced (assuming she didn't get his text)? After 3 weeks of not being there? Did he have a pretty darn good idea that he would find her dead--is that the real reason he went over?

Had it really been 3 weeks? I can see DM's words hanging in JH's head, prompting him to immediately clear himself, but... so what if he hadn't been there that day but definitely within the three weeks? I keep thinking about the bruises -- perhaps kickback from holding the gun with the legs, but I'm not sure about the arm.

"A 1 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch purple-red contusion is on the right upper arm. A 1/4 inch by 1/8 inch, red purple, abraded contusion is on the anterior aspect of the distal right thigh. A 3/8 inch red purple contusion is on the anteromedial aspect of the proximal left lower leg."

The arm is unclear -- upper right arm. Inner? Outer?
I would guess the two leg contusions occurred around the same time because of the coloring, and wouldn't the abrasion indicate friction?

It's been a while since my anatomy classes and I've looked up images but am not sure if I'm clear on locations because some images are contradictory or too muddled -- can someone "in the know" help?

Gahh -- I don't know why I care -- it all gets hinkier with each new strange turn. I'm trying to figure out if these bruises make sense with holding a powerful AR between the legs or if something else happened prior to her death-- the arm bruise never made sense to me but I guess it depends where it is and I had images of other things popping in my head depending upon where the leg bruises end up being.

Ok, I need to zip it now
Its an interesting perspective for sure. As for bruising, I’m severely anemic and bruise constantly to the point a pleating abused yet never having been so. The bruising doesn’t really stand out to me here. Also, my EMS experience says it isn’t from kick back as to bruise, you must have blood pressure. Since her injuries were incompatible with life, EMS would not have administered any life saving measures to give that artificial blood pressure.

Does anyone know if JH had been at work out of state for the 3 weeks he claims he hadn't been staying at the house? If so, maybe she knew he would be home then and that's why she chose that night to murder herself.
But do we even know if she had done it that night or when?
Was JH in contact with her the whole time?
I need to look at the timeline....see when EG led DM to Lucas and when she committed suicide. There's not 3 weeks there. So, then I think when she was staying at her aunts after being released from jail, he must have been staying with her there. After she led DM to Lucas did he go back to work out of state? I'm trying to figure out a logical explanation as to why he hadn't been at the house for 3 weeks, but I don't think it was to stay away from EG.

I don't know if JH was staying with EG at her aunt's at that time because in JH's first interview with NG after DM found Lucas, JH said "we" went to the aunt's house to speak with EG. Unless I misheard or misremember that, I got the impression that DM and JH turned up together and EG was already there. It is possible that DM asked to speak to JH first in another place apart from EG and then they both went to EG. JH also mentioned some phone calls between EG and himself around that period though, which also made me wonder if that was their main form of communication at that time because they weren't staying in the same place?

I would imagine that JH would have taken time off work after Lucas was found. JH was going back to work on the day that DM found Lucas, so maybe he'd just had his 'week' off work and was going back for his normal schedule but never went back after Lucas was found? So I'm conjecturing that JH was in the Wichita area for those three weeks, the first week his normal time off and then compassionate leave from work?

This statement makes no sense to me. If she was not afraid and had no remorse for any action she took regarding Lucas, then I am not sure what she feared or had anxiety about because not saying something would indeed be an inaction. Ugh! I guess, in poorly written or spoken words, this woman is pointing the blame as to what happened to Lucas at someone else.

Questions remain unanswered in the death of Lucas Hernandez

[....]

"Her regrets as to Lucas were regrets that she didn't say something sooner, that she let her fear and her anxiety take control of her, and that she didn't come forward at an earlier date. It wasn't fear and remorse of any action or inaction she took regarding him. It was, 'I should've came forward sooner. I shouldn't have been so afraid,'" said Leth-Perez.

[....]

Playing Devil's advocate here- she did say in her first interview that she had a story to tell, but that she wasn't ready to tell it yet. I am thinking she told her lawyer whatever it was she had to tell. What I am taking from that comment is that Emily is pointing the finger at someone she is afraid of. Now, just who could that be, I'm wondering? If she did tell her lawyer anything, is there some other evidence to back claim up of Emily's? Will it ever come out, what she confided in her lawyer? Are they still investigating someone else, or do they believe that she is the sole reason for Lucas' death and disposal? Are they watching and waiting?

I’m thinking EG always probably lied to JH and because he loved her, he believed her. Maybe the reason he was so in denial when family told him she’s abusing LH, because when he’s around after 3 weeks she was acting great with Lucas. Deserved mother of the year award. Maybe once he goes back to work, is when the abuse starts back up. She always had excuses for the bruises so he probably didn’t think anything of it. Maybe thought oh kids, they’re always bumping into something and hurting themselves. Maybe when he asked Lucas where he got bruises, she told Lucas not to say anything or she will hurt him more. JMO maybe in her sick mind, she thought of getting back at JH for the incident with JH AND HER SON WHEN HE WENT TO VISIT HER. It didn’t take long for Lucas to disappear. I do believe JH had open communication with her and probably didn’t want to believe that she can ever hurt Lucas. He told NG he wanted to know where Lucas body was that’s why he was still taking to EG. Why still talk to her after? Refer to her as fiancé?

He told NG that he wanted to get the true story of how Lucas died from EG and that's why there was still some communication between them. In that interview I don't think JH referred to EG as anything other than "her" or "she" and someone here said that seemed like distancing (though I think they felt it was a trick distancing not a true distancing?

The 'fiancee' description in the 911 call might seem odd, but I honestly think it was just the first way to describe his relationship to him that popped into his head...just a holdover of them being together for 3 years or so. But on the other hand I'm also accepting him saying that he hadn't been staying over at the house for three weeks and there are probably people questioning that. But I also remember JH saying that he couldn't understand why she'd hide Lucas' body instead of calling 911....in my mind that did not make me think he was inclined to get back with her at that point. Of course we're all going to have our own thoughts on this.

I mean EG couldn’t have custody of her own kids because she was unfit. How did JH trust her with his all the time.

He said on NG that he didn't know that was the reason she didn't have custody of the boys. He said something like she claimed that there was violence in the home and she had to get out, something along those lines. We only have his word for that but I wouldn't put it past her to not tell him the truth. It seems like her modus operandi to keep a lot of secrets from people where she's scared the secret will make her look bad...culminating with lying about Lucas going missing.

She could have been roughed up in jail. After other women hearing that she lead DM to Lucas' body, I would imagine there would be a few who would be pretty angry at her for doing that to a child.
She got out around the 29th or 30th of May - I think? She was found dead early on June 8th. I could be wrong but I would think if those bruises occurred in jail they would be more yellow-green instead of the red and purple....?

I guess I'm wondering--and without entertaining specific theories--if she had any visitors of any kind within the 24 hours or so prior to her being found.

I'm wondering why she called her CE atty shortly before she died -- was it to get a clear view of what was to come? Or was it to clear her conscience by confessing to someone? Would she tell her attorney the truth? I'm wondering about this because of the whole kerfuffle in CE court about the lack of drug testing and the atty basically hinting that EG lied about smoking marijuana and that MH was never in danger. Is it possible she told her atty the truth? Could her atty's comments about "action or inaction regarding Lucas" be only about the disappearance/death/placement and nothing prior (claims of abuse, leaving him home alone)? She said there are only "a few people" on this planet who know -- who are they? She has to protect atty-client privilege, but she doesn't need to make up stuff either. She's suggesting that EG lost MH only because she was so afraid of telling the truth about Lucas -- as if she would still have MH if she'd told the truth from the beginning.

He said on NG that he didn't know that was the reason she didn't have custody of the boys. He said something like she claimed that there was violence in the home and she had to get out, something along those lines. We only have his word for that but I wouldn't put it past her to not tell him the truth. It seems like her modus operandi to keep a lot of secrets from people where she's scared the secret will make her look bad...culminating with lying about Lucas going missing.
I mean she does have anger issues

I mean EG couldn’t have custody of her own kids because she was unfit. How did JH trust her with his all the time.
According to JH's interview with NG, I understood that EG gave JH the impression she escaped from an abusive relationship and didn't have the means to take the boys with her at the time and that she was fighting for custody.

Yea I can see the kick back being the cause particularly in the legs if she was trying to steady the gun with her legs. I'm trying to figure out how the arm bruise could be associated, though it depends on where on the arm it is. I guess I was somewhat expecting to see a mark-up on a body drawing somewhere on both autopsies. I don't know why I'm so honed in on these darn bruises -- something is just bugging me -- but I think it's time to let it go for now.
I’m not too bothered by the bruise on her arm. I guess because I have unexplained bruises on my own body all the time. Like this morning i woke up and found a bruise on my tummy while getting dressed and have no clue what I did to get it.

( :lurk: ...was really hard to read Lucas' autopsy report wasn't it? :( I so applaud all of you guys for looking for him, but that was the kind of thing I was warning you guys to be prepared to find, which I don't think there is ever such a thing.

In short, surprised by no trauma found to certain bones (and surprised EG did not have meth or other hard drugs in her system. You guys were right about her not being pregnant. And you called the hyoid bone thing. Back to intermittent lurking. Need some time after reading the autopsy. )

Last edited:
I’m not too bothered by the bruise on her arm. I guess because I have unexplained bruises on my own body all the time. Like this morning i woke up and found a bruise on my tummy while getting dressed and have no clue what I did to get it.

(O/t, I've just read something about this in another thread, for a little levity:

When I worked in a doctors surgery, a man came in and was concerned about recurring bruises on his calves and on his ribs. Turned out that they were from his wife kicking and elbowing him trying to turn him on his side to stop his storing.
)

Last edited:
I don't know if JH was staying with EG at her aunt's at that time because in JH's first interview with NG after DM found Lucas, JH said "we" went to the aunt's house to speak with EG. Unless I misheard or misremember that, I got the impression that DM and JH turned up together and EG was already there. It is possible that DM asked to speak to JH first in another place apart from EG and then they both went to EG. JH also mentioned some phone calls between EG and himself around that period though, which also made me wonder if that was their main form of communication at that time because they weren't staying in the same place?

I would imagine that JH would have taken time off work after Lucas was found. JH was going back to work on the day that DM found Lucas, so maybe he'd just had his 'week' off work and was going back for his normal schedule but never went back after Lucas was found? So I'm conjecturing that JH was in the Wichita area for those three weeks, the first week his normal time off and then compassionate leave from work?
I remember the DM and JH information the same as you. That’s why I have said before did DMcheck for weapons at the aunts house and not the rental house?

Playing Devil's advocate here- she did say in her first interview that she had a story to tell, but that she wasn't ready to tell it yet. I am thinking she told her lawyer whatever it was she had to tell. What I am taking from that comment is that Emily is pointing the finger at someone she is afraid of. Now, just who could that be, I'm wondering? If she did tell her lawyer anything, is there some other evidence to back claim up of Emily's? Will it ever come out, what she confided in her lawyer? Are they still investigating someone else, or do they believe that she is the sole reason for Lucas' death and disposal? Are they watching and waiting?
I’ve had some pretty weird thoughts run through my mind regarding that as well, except in my imagination maybe she wasn’t so much fearful of someone as protective.

Why do you all suppose this media dump was done two days before the event to celebrate Lucas life? I could have waited to hear all these gory details. It’s crass and disrespectful IMO
I don't know. It seems, to me, planned, know what I mean? I can't imagine anyone trying to deliberately upstage a child's memorial service like this without a good reason.

Has this ever happened before in any other case of a deceased child's investigation? I admit, I have no idea if this has happened before or not, because I tend to stay away from threads with children missing. Does anyone recall? Or is this just a very low class thing they did without any heart. Why right now? Wasn't Monday or Tuesday a good enough time to spill all this information?

Well LH’s body was unfortunately in advanced decomposition, so that’s why it was hard to determine even with all the history of abuse what caused his death. I would think the periosteal reaction to the ribs does give a hint(Im no dr. Just speculating)that ribs were starting to heal. It stated in an article I read regarding periosteal reaction that it takes up to 3 weeks to appear. If anyone with a medical degree on this thread can clarify.

Which makes me pause and wonder..........two guns in the house. I thought she used his gun to do the deed. Two guns in the house?
I don’t find that terribly unusual to have several firearms in a home. It wasn’t like an arsenal or anything and
Which makes me pause and wonder..........two guns in the house. I thought she used his gun to do the deed. Two guns in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1