Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the last iPhone update my phone has taken on a mind of its own, unfortunately it normally makes me look like I’m posting like I’ve gone back off the wagon LOL but nope I’m still sober my phone is just a jerk LOL! Thank you for catching that because I totally intended for that to show that he was not suicidal and it was an accidental hit! That would be terrible if the post made to shut that we were down actually started it back up LOL face palm
My iPhone has also been glitchy but only on this site. I was in the middle of this reply when it suddenly said it had to restart due to an issue with the connection. The keyboard is also very spastic and hesitates a lot while I’m typing. Grr. I better hit done before it does it again.

I finally got a chance to listen to EG's 911 call. Not sure if this has been discussed, but I found it interesting she kept repeating that she needed to call JH. Why wouldn't she have called JH first? Some might find that suspicious too but if I were watching my stepson and he disappeared I would call his dad first (after checking around the house and with the neighbors) so he could check if other relatives had possibly come to get him. But the topic of Lucas possibly being with another family member never even came up (likely because she knew where he really was but I digress...) I think she didn't call JH first because she thought it would be a quick call to 911 and planned to use that "I need to call his father" line as a reason to get off the phone. She might have even had plans on what she would tell JH on the phone. But the dispatcher kept her on the line answering questions. The 911 operator is really to be commended for that, IMO. EG had no time to call anyone else or change anything at the house. She was forced to stick with the story she told the 911 operator-- right down to the clothing description. Some have long wondered why she kept repeating the part about the Pull-Up in other stories and what the significance of that was. I wonder if she repeated that part so often because it was a lie she first told the 911 operator. The operator seemed unsure why a 5 year old would have on a pull up or what was meant by pull up so she questioned it. EG might have realized her error when it was questioned but she had to keep right on repeating it, justifying it and explaining it. JMO.

Quote/Reply hasn't been working for a lot of people. One of my posts was removed earlier in the week... because the quote/reply didn't work, and I didn't catch it. I brought it to the attention in Websleuths #2 and other people replied with also having issues with it. I think there is a bug, and it needs to be fixed. The bug needs to be reported, so a ticket can be put in for it needing to be fixed.

I’m having issues but can’t tell if it’s my phone or the site. Who knows???

Does anyone know if JH had been at work out of state for the 3 weeks he claims he hadn't been staying at the house? If so, maybe she knew he would be home then and that's why she chose that night to murder herself.
But do we even know if she had done it that night or when?
Was JH in contact with her the whole time?
I need to look at the timeline....see when EG led DM to Lucas and when she committed suicide. There's not 3 weeks there. So, then I think when she was staying at her aunts after being released from jail, he must have been staying with her there. After she led DM to Lucas did he go back to work out of state? I'm trying to figure out a logical explanation as to why he hadn't been at the house for 3 weeks, but I don't think it was to stay away from EG.

I’m thinking EG always probably lied to JH and because he loved her, he believed her. Maybe the reason he was so in denial when family told him she’s abusing LH, because when he’s around after 3 weeks she was acting great with Lucas. Deserved mother of the year award. Maybe once he goes back to work, is when the abuse starts back up. She always had excuses for the bruises so he probably didn’t think anything of it. Maybe thought oh kids, they’re always bumping into something and hurting themselves. Maybe when he asked Lucas where he got bruises, she told Lucas not to say anything or she will hurt him more. JMO maybe in her sick mind, she thought of getting back at JH for the incident with JH AND HER SON WHEN HE WENT TO VISIT HER. It didn’t take long for Lucas to disappear. I do believe JH had open communication with her and probably didn’t want to believe that she can ever hurt Lucas. He told NG he wanted to know where Lucas body was that’s why he was still taking to EG. Why still talk to her after? Refer to her as fiancé?

Last edited:
Also did they ever find out who the “unknown perpetrator ” was?
May 16, 2017: DCF, the Kansas child protection agency, received the first of two reports of suspected abuse involving Lucas. Glass and an “unknown perpetrator” were suspected. The boy reportedly had bruising in the shape of a hand on his left arm, bruising on his left cheek and on his bottom.

JH gives his alibi before stating what happened to his "fiance". I know she committed suicide, I believe she committed suicide, but the sequence of telling dispatch what happened is what we usually see as suspect.
I totally agree. The way he gave his alibi before actually saying that she killed herself is indeed very strange.

I finally got a chance to listen to EG's 911 call. Not sure if this has been discussed, but I found it interesting she kept repeating that she needed to call JH. Why wouldn't she have called JH first? Some might find that suspicious too but if I were watching my stepson and he disappeared I would call his dad first (after checking around the house and with the neighbors) so he could check if other relatives had possibly come to get him. But the topic of Lucas possibly being with another family member never even came up (likely because she knew where he really was but I digress...) I think she didn't call JH first because she thought it would be a quick call to 911 and planned to use that "I need to call his father" line as a reason to get off the phone. She might have even had plans on what she would tell JH on the phone. But the dispatcher kept her on the line answering questions. The 911 operator is really to be commended for that, IMO. EG had no time to call anyone else or change anything at the house. She was forced to stick with the story she told the 911 operator-- right down to the clothing description. Some have long wondered why she kept repeating the part about the Pull-Up in other stories and what the significance of that was. I wonder if she repeated that part so often because it was a lie she first told the 911 operator. The operator seemed unsure why a 5 year old would have on a pull up or what was meant by pull up so she questioned it. EG might have realized her error when it was questioned but she had to keep right on repeating it, justifying it and explaining it. JMO.

EG was a proficiently effective teller of untruths. I don’t think it made much difference that she was scared to come forward with her truth.

She allowed hundreds of people in Wichita to search for Lucas for 96days. Taxpayer dollars and personal funds were spent looking for him for 96 long expensive days. Emotionally scores of people experienced frustration and stress over Lucas disappearance.

Had she elected to live and face punishment, exactly how would she have been punished for those moral and ethical crimes alone? Emotional damages are difficult to quantify, and the stress to Lucas family alone is unconscionable.

I’m a positive person, and I believe her attorney meant well with her statement. And the words approach an understanding of motive, but it will never rise to a level for forgiveness. Perhaps had her story explaining Lucas disappearance lasted a couple days, I could have been compassionate, but it went on far to long.

She made her choice to live a violent abusive life, she alone picked up the phone, dialed 911 and fabricated the lie about Lucas. By that time she had taken his body 18 miles away and had to reflect about hiding his remains. It was the ultimate act of disrespect to Lucas and especially to those who loved him. She was aware his little body would rot and she most likely thought it would never be found.

Most damaging was the immeasurable damage she did to people she knew. From his class at school to the searchers and LE. the 5 year olds in Lucas class voiced the terror they felt when they thought a bad person would make them disappear too. Each officer who searched the first few hours for Lucas knew her story didn’t fit, and probably realized he would be found dead.

An earlier post shared that an outside profiler thought EG had been the source of an anonymous tip where he could be found. It would not be surprising to believe she called and gave his location. She might have believed she was much more intelligent than LE during and after informing in herself. The result was massive and repeated searches of the wrong intersection of Woodlawn and 96th. Further expending taxpayer funds better spent in a number of other things.

For over 3 months she made the conscious decision to know/watch people and LE Search. And she alone will have the legacy of having done so.

I totally agree. The way he gave his alibi before actually saying that she killed herself is indeed very strange.
Yes. Such a strange call. But it seems most of his reactions are off.....like he's always trying to not quite address. I'll tell you what tho.....he will never get that image out of his mind. I do feel for him, walking into something like that. I also think he took a little time to collect his thoughts.

I actually think he deliberately avoided saying she killed herself, and chose his words carefully to say he saw the rifle, hoping the dispatcher would say it for him. I think he was aware that if he said it it might not come across as honest. That might sound too calculated but I think saying he'd seen a rifle is not a reason for calling 911 pointing to avoidance of saying what the reason really was.

JMO,but I feel MH was a prop in that 911 call. "Hey,look at me! I am a busy mother of two. I have a baby that needs my constant attention. I won't even put it down for this important phone call." EG didn't understand that 911 operators are trained to keep you on the line until help arrives. They try their best to assess a situation, all the while,giving that info to the ambulance,police,firemen.

JMO, I sort of have a feeling EG threatened to commit suicide and sent JH a message stating that. Maybe he went back to the house to stop her or talk her out of it. By the time he reached the house, it was too late. He probably referred to her as a fiancé, since it sounds better and it justifies her being at the house as opposed to an ex gf. That would raise so many questions

JMO,but I feel MH was a prop in that 911 call. "Hey,look at me! I am a busy mother of two. I have a baby that needs my constant attention. I won't even put it down for this important phone call." EG didn't understand that 911 operators are trained to keep you on the line until help arrives. They try their best to assess a situation, all the while,giving that info to the ambulance,police,firemen.
I can't make up my mind whether MH is crying or giggling near the end of the call. I wondered if EG might have been tickling her to make her giggle, because she didn't want to upset MH with her act.

Also DCF failed LUCAS so many times. He clearly told them EG caused his bruises and was hurting him. Yet they said not enough evidence to support allegation, case is closed. All the bruising and the child telling them who did it and not once, many times. I don’t understand. What more did they want? How many more children are they going to fail? So sickening. They should have removed him from the home from the first time it was ever reported.

Might just be antemortem bruising from the gun kick back. Unless someone roughed EG up before she had committed suicide?
Interpreting bruises at necropsy
She could have been roughed up in jail. After other women hearing that she lead DM to Lucas' body, I would imagine there would be a few who would be pretty angry at her for doing that to a child.

Might just be antemortem bruising from the gun kick back. Unless someone roughed EG up before she had committed suicide?
Interpreting bruises at necropsy
Yea I can see the kick back being the cause particularly in the legs if she was trying to steady the gun with her legs. I'm trying to figure out how the arm bruise could be associated, though it depends on where on the arm it is. I guess I was somewhat expecting to see a mark-up on a body drawing somewhere on both autopsies. I don't know why I'm so honed in on these darn bruises -- something is just bugging me -- but I think it's time to let it go for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1