Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DCF did not receive a report from Beech Elementary School or the school district about the nine bruises and abrasions documented by a school nurse, according to the timeline. The nurse noticed the bruises — across his face and other parts of his body — about a month before Lucas disappeared. The Wichita school district said that it followed the law involving Lucas but won’t say whether it reported any concerns about Lucas to the DCF or Wichita police.

Read more here: For most of his short life, Lucas Hernandez was on child protection system's radar

The way I read it they did not receive anything

“Asked whether the school reported any concerns about Lucas, school district spokeswoman Susan Arensman wouldn’t say whether the DCF or police were contacted.

"Bottom line, because of federal laws, we cannot share more information,” Arensman said. “But I will say that we followed the law, and if you are to draw assumptions through some phone records, that would be incorrect ... We can’t share more, but we did follow the law and procedures that Kansas and state law has set in place.””

This is confusing though because the school district spokesperson makes it sound like they followed the mandate but maybe not through a phone call. Is that how anyone else reads that cryptic statement?

Read more here: For most of his short life, Lucas Hernandez was on child protection system's radar

I’m not sure how I messed up my reply to this but it’s in italics like everything else and is contains in the box instead of below like normal. Who knows what I did, I’ve been trying to pass a kidney stone all night and my head is foggy af. Sorry to all for my dinginess.
ETA and now my reply to my reply ended up all by itself. I give up, going back to bed. Zzzzz

My concerns are that JH is the core problem. His lack of looking at things head on, telling the truth, being protective, choosing a caretaker that is a junkie, etc. He seems to lack good judgement and common sense. Give him a child and that child will not be properly taken care of. period.
He doesn't possess the natural instincts of a parent.

Last edited:
My concerns are that JH is the core problem. His lack of looking at things head on, telling the truth, being protective, choosing a caretaker that is a junkie, etc. He seems to lack good judgement and common sense. Give him a child and that child will not be properly taken care of. period.
I think "not be properly taken care of" is the best case scenario a child in his care would get.

The DCF timeline begins on July 22, 2013, when Lucas was 7 months old: The agency assigned for investigation allegations of medical and physical neglect and lack of supervision. The finding: "All allegations unsubstantiated.”

Aug. 1, 2013: Allegations of Lucas being "without parental control” were not assigned “because the concern was addressed in the July 22, 2013 event.” The timeline DCF provided Friday said that it "continued attempts to work with Lucas’ mother, Jamie Taylor, to establish family preservation services.”

Aug. 12, 2013: “DCF did not assign allegations of Lucas being "without parental control because DCF and law enforcement assessed under the open July 22, 2013 event.”

"Law enforcement put Lucas in police protective custody, and DCF requested filing of a Child in Need of Care Petition and custody of Lucas. Lucas was placed in out of home care. Lucas’ father, Jonathan Hernandez successfully reintegrated Lucas into his home December 2013, with the court case closing May 2014.”

Feb. 14, 2015: "DCF assigned a report of without parental control regarding Jonathan Hernandez,” the father. “DCF unsubstantiated the report and Jonathan Hernandez stated he is aware of available services.”

May 16, 2017: DCF assigned a report of physical abuse. “The alleged perpetrator is Emily Glass or unknown. DCF unsubstantiated physical abuse.” That was nine months before Glass reported Lucas missing.

Nov. 8, 2017: "DCF did not assign a report of physical abuse of Lucas because allegations were reported and assessed by New Mexico authorities and there were no new allegations. New Mexico determined the allegations unfounded.” Lucas had relatives in New Mexico, and he, his father and Glass had visited there.

And finally, on Feb. 17, 2018: DCF assigned a report that Lucas was "without parental control” after he was reported missing.

Doesn't appear either biological parent was parental enough. Though Jonathan did get custody of Lucas, so I don't know what steps he had to take to do that. I don't remember what age Emily came into the picture. Sad life Lucas had. He deserved better.

Feb. 14, 2015: "DCF assigned a report of without parental control regarding Jonathan Hernandez,” the father. “DCF unsubstantiated the report and Jonathan Hernandez stated he is aware of available services.”
I Knew it.
As soon as he opened his mouth and his ice cold arrogance spewed, being all POed about Lucas being abused.
I knew there was more to it.
I knew he was covering up something from the get go.
How dare he play the victim,and , trying to get MH back. Like he's father of the year.
It's been clear to me too that most all pics he's in ,he's blazed out of his gourd.
I bet he did get fired from his job,and he's not looking locally for 'MH sake, because he's father of the year.
Nothing he says is believable.
Don't even get me started on DFS, I knew they would DENY,DENY,DENY.
Poor Lucas never had a chance.

The DCF timeline begins on July 22, 2013, when Lucas was 7 months old: The agency assigned for investigation allegations of medical and physical neglect and lack of supervision. The finding: "All allegations unsubstantiated.”

Aug. 1, 2013: Allegations of Lucas being "without parental control” were not assigned “because the concern was addressed in the July 22, 2013 event.” The timeline DCF provided Friday said that it "continued attempts to work with Lucas’ mother, Jamie Taylor, to establish family preservation services.”

Aug. 12, 2013: “DCF did not assign allegations of Lucas being "without parental control because DCF and law enforcement assessed under the open July 22, 2013 event.”

"Law enforcement put Lucas in police protective custody, and DCF requested filing of a Child in Need of Care Petition and custody of Lucas. Lucas was placed in out of home care. Lucas’ father, Jonathan Hernandez successfully reintegrated Lucas into his home December 2013, with the court case closing May 2014.”

May 16, 2017: DCF assigned a report of physical abuse. “The alleged perpetrator is Emily Glass or unknown. DCF unsubstantiated physical abuse.” That was nine months before Glass reported Lucas missing.

BBM
Hope it's ok. If not please delete.
What does this mean? What happened there?

I just hope M.H. winds up in a loving home as far away as possible from JH. This is bad. That baby still has a chance as long as she’s away from JH and whatever significant other he might bring into his life in the future. Poor Lucas didn’t. It looks like no one was innocent and contributed to the abuse in my opinion. The only good family he had was in New Mexico.

As for the abuse noted by the school nurse, it sounds like a lot of passing the buck. The school says it followed protocol which the protocol states LE or DCFS must be notified in suspected abuse cases. The newspaper says it couldn't find a 911 report from the police. DCFS says they weren't notified. The call may not have been a 911 call though. It could have been a direct call to the LE, not all LE calls are 911. Thus the newspaper wouldn't see that call, even if it did happen.

DCFS has been in boiling water because of the recent deaths. Of course it's not their fault....

Lucas fell through the huge cervices within the system, a system that wouldn't be needed if parents would be parents...but there's no way to force someone to be a parent. Sigh.

It says "He was returned to his father by the time he was 1 year old." So, I'd assume he was with JH when he was 7 months old.
IIRC he was with both biological parents at that age in his life. We know at some point that his biological mother left Lucas with his biological father. IIRC there was drug use, and she needed to work on herself, and gave primary custody to Jonathan. That's only what was reported by one side. We don't know what JH's view of that was, nor what the state's view of that was.

BBM
Hope it's ok. If not please delete.
What does this mean? What happened there?
Whatever was going on during that period in July and August, whoever reported it felt Lucas wasn't being cared for. From what you bolded, Jamie was the one either not caring for Lucas, or wasn't working to better the situation. So DCFS provided her with the services to be a better mother, and to keep Lucas within the family.

IIRC he was with both biological parents at that age in his life. We know at some point that his biological mother left Lucas with his biological father. IIRC there was drug use, and she needed to work on herself, and gave primary custody to Jonathan. That's only what was reported by one side. We don't know what JH's view of that was, nor what the state's view of that was.
So it sounds like JH surrounds himself with drug abusers therefore I think he must be one also. This often lends itself to child neglect and other child abuses. It's important now to keep MH safe from his world of druggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda