Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve read through all the threads but can’t remember if it has been posted that EG’s vehicle was confiscated. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been a few of us who have posted this question and so far, no one has been able to provide an answer. Unsure whether it was indeed seized by WPD but never reported by MSM or if it was never seized at all.

I’ve read through all the threads but can’t remember if it has been posted that EG’s vehicle was confiscated. Anyone?

Nope I have looked also and asked the same thing. I also wanted to know how many times the home has been searched and was a forensic search done in the home ? Things I haven't been able to get the answers to.

No that has not been reported. That would be big news if it was.

Seems any local would be able to see if the vehicles are present or missing from the home.

If Lucas was transported by vehicle after death, they will be able to find that out. Are they doing the lab necessary to determine that?

...(snipped)...

I have a question for you forensics and canine people...if a child died of blunt force injury and there was no blood, could a dog/investigator hit on a vehicle used to transport the deceased body?

How long after passing away does an intact (not-bloody) body leave a detectable indication it was ever there?

Per the police report, EG was suspected of drug use...this is probably what led to the endangerment charge.
http://www.kake.com/story/37577765/search-for-5-year-old-lucas-hernandez-enters-10th-day
Those who suspected this, you were spot on. I imagine her drug use made her impatient and irritable, and her inability to control her behavior likely lead to a very horrific tragedy while hopped up on drugs.
The criminal complained shows the one count of child endangerment involving a 1-year-old on February 16, the day before she reported Lucas missing. A police report obtained by KAKE News states she was suspected of using drugs.

I have a question for you forensics and canine people...if a child died of blunt force injury and there was no blood, could a dog/investigator hit on a vehicle used to transport the deceased body?

How long after passing away does an intact (not-bloody) body leave a detectable indication of its prior presence?
Yes. I don't know the science, but I have read multiple times that a body begins to release certain chemicals immediately after death, and within 2-3 minutes it will already have been too late to hide the scent. That's how I understand it, and like I said, I am not certain of the science. If I have that wrong, I would appreciate being corrected.

Seems any local would be able to see if the vehicles are present or missing from the home.

I had the same thought, but not if the vehicle is parked in the garage with the door shut.

Per the police report, EG was suspected of drug use...this is probably what led to the endangerment charge.
http://www.kake.com/story/37577765/search-for-5-year-old-lucas-hernandez-enters-10th-day

From the above article:

The criminal complained shows the one count of child endangerment involving a 1-year-old on February 16, the day before she reported Lucas missing. A police report obtained by KAKE News states she was suspected of using drugs.

Yes. I don't know the science, but I have read multiple times that a body begins to release certain chemicals immediately after death, and within 2-3 minutes it will already have been too late to hide the scent. That's how I understand it, and like I said, I am not certain of the science. If I have that wrong, I would appreciate being corrected.
I'm betting that some of LEs confidence lies in this science....speculation only....and hope.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Those who suspected this, you were spot on. I imagine her drug use made her impatient and irritable, and her inability to control her behavior likely lead to a very horrific tragedy while hopped up on drugs.

I'd sure love to see that police report.

I don't think they're stumped...they just don't have enough solid evidence to charge her with anything. I'm sure LE is completely frustrated and infuriated at this point.

If they didn't ask for tips, their message would be "We aren't searching, and we don't need any tips." That wouldn't go over well with the public.

What is unsaid in this case is the worst part. They're not searching because they don't believe he is alive, and they've already said they don't believe he was abducted.

I originally thought they were probably searching the park due to phone pings, but then it was said it was because of a tip received. So maybe they haven't gotten the official phone ping info yet. Hopefully there *is* some to get and once they have it they can search again.

Exactly, and which honestly makes me believe that they found "something" that indicated to them that it's actually going to be a recovery.

If Lucas was transported by vehicle after death, they will be able to find that out. Are they doing the lab necessary to determine that?

If Lucas was not transported by vehicle after death, then that indicates he was killed near the home and is buried nearby, or at a 3rd site where his remains are likely still at. I can't wrap my mind around what type of evil person would do that, even though we've seen it before (Ara Andressian).

Is the home missing a wheelbarrow, or any other item that could have been used to transport?

Remember when KATV said they were searching a neighbor's shed? I've wondered if something was borrowed out of it, even a tarp, wheelbarrow, shovel, rake-but how could she wheelbarrow something without being spotted?

Two thoughts, and I can't make up my mind which-

Either he is buried very close to home- to me, I'd say no more than half of a mile, maybe a little more.

OR

he was taken away by another party and is very far away.....

MAYBE they have reason to believe that EG left the baby home alone on or about the 16th---?

(O/T, what adorable little Sherin Mathews has helped inspire:

Proposed 'Sherin's Law' to tackle leaving children at home alone
http://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...ckle-leaving-children-at-home-alone/509614794

"Sherin's Law would make it a felony to leave a child at home alone. Richardson Police told WFAA that Wesley had told investigators they left for dinner the night prior to her disappearance. Wesley, Sini, and their biological daughter had gone to dinner on Friday night.

"No children under 9 or 10 years old need to be left unaccompanied at home," said Shanna Poteet".")

Remember when KATV said they were searching a neighbor's shed? I've wondered if something was borrowed out of it, even a tarp, wheelbarrow, shovel, rake-but how could she wheelbarrow something without being spotted?
Maybe a garden shovel, small and compact. No need for a wheelbarrow when you have a stroller.... :(

I'm disgusted with the thought.

Exactly, and which honestly makes me believe that they found "something" that indicated to them that it's actually going to be a recovery.
LE seems quite convinced with the park theory....wish I knew what they know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member