Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was young during the Shoemaker case. I did go look up and she was [FONT=&quot]discovered in a hedgerow in a rural area near Belle Plaine. Perhaps we need to look that direction?[/FONT]

I am 3 threads behind. I was caught up until my hubby decided to go and have a heart attack (very mild one, but still 4 days in the hospital).

Can somebody please give me a quick update from the point that TES arrived but had not searched yet? ***totally begging***

@findlucasallen, I pray you get answers soon.... and even moreso, I pray they are good answers. Sending love.

I’m SO sorry .... I truly hope he’s all right!

Healing thoughts going your way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did anyone happen to snag the police blotter from 2/19, for 2/16-2/18? Is it on a previous thread? If anyone could direct me I’d appreciate it! TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me if this was already mentioned but I didn’t pick up on this previously.... According to this article,
EG is on suicide watch!!!!!!!
“She made her first appearance before a judge on Monday wearing a yellow uniform, which signifies an inmate on suicide watch.”
http://abc7chicago.com/mother-of-missing-boy-speaks-out-as-search-stretches-into-3rd-week/3182453/
My personal message to EG - "Tell us where Lucas is, then have at it girl!"

I am 3 threads behind. I was caught up until my hubby decided to go and have a heart attack (very mild one, but still 4 days in the hospital).

Can somebody please give me a quick update from the point that TES arrived but had not searched yet? ***totally begging***

@findlucasallen, I pray you get answers soon.... and even moreso, I pray they are good answers. Sending love.

Oh no! I hope he's doing ok now!

Unfortunately, there's not much to update. TES searched for a few days and didn't find anything. They said weather hampered their search a little. They also said that this case looks like Caylee Anthony all over again, and that "if Lucas is found, it won't be the way we want him to be". They had to leave because of new tips in another case, but they said they'd be back soon.

EG did an interview (I'm not sure if that was before or after TES started searching) and it was nauseating.

LE isn't looking anymore because they have nowhere to look. They'll still follow tips if they get them though.

We have a lot of locals searching lots of areas... there's a detailed map of where they've checked and where they still need to floating around somewhere.

Flyers are being made to ask farmers and land owners to check their property.

Other interesting things we've learned:
1. EG's son accused JH of abuse on 2/4 and the kid's dad was in the process of trying to get all visitation revoked
2. Lucas was indeed sick for 2 weeks before he disappeared
3. A VI alluded to the fact that our timeline for his "disappearance" is late afternoon 2/16 to when he was reported missing

Something that has crossed my mind before.
What if he was in his car seat and she carried him in that...would add weight.

I would be quite stunned if Lucas had a car seat at all.
(Trying to think if I've seen any pictures of him in the car?)
Maybe FLA or Paddlerboarder can answer that.
If he had anything at all it was likely a booster seat.
It would be difficult to carry a child in a booster since there are no straps holding them in.
It would also be suspicious if the child disappeared with his booster so that would be dumb.

As far as search areas go, here are some statistics that may help.

https://books.google.com/books?hl=e...Xxs0cW3umWbKcVNRA9o1t7IXQ#v=onepage&q&f=false
ca73ac49e802240a37fdfe3e6e3f1d48.jpg

80082059cae20515102f1471b7f7b44e.jpg

Mmm. There is something about that, but I'm not sure I can put my finger on it here. Well, I guess they touch on it. The motivation (and the level of personal guilt, maybe; though not necessarily acceptance of legal culpability) has to be a factor in disposal. (Sorry, forgive me for stating the obvious to you old timers). Additionally, the, uh, weight of the parcel (bleh) may come into play, as well. I saw some statistics on murders of the under 6 crowd where the vast majority (70+% I think) of cases were a parent, iirc. Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I need to get my butt to the library, I think.

So, what level of guilt does this person have? What was her motivation? I tend to think abusive "accident" but how sadistic was the abuse? Just self serving abuse? She wants to believe she loves him but can't help herself? Then he's probably closer rather than further? But, I was just gobsmacked by the chloroform COD for Mariah. I am no good at getting into the mind of these folks. I don't know if meth was confirmed in her case, but the googling about it as it might relate to SA of a minor left me reeling. I still think the false Walmart sighting in her case broke it wide open. The "perfect plan" with the rehearsed lies was derailed with an unexpected worthwhile sighting of a little girl who fit the missing baby's description. I don't know what lie they'll need to catch EG in to break open Lucas's case. I hope it happens soon.

I've been thinking more about Dad, too. Liars who lie can be very convincing. I've really struggled with how he could wish previous abuse would be ignored for now. If he believes the previous abuse allegations are what ultimately pushed LE to make an arrest for child endangerment (previously investigated incidents can remain sort of dormant, on file, and should another complaint be made, the previous incident could come back to haunt you in DCF/CPS world, I believe). Maybe Dad feels/knows the only way to get an answer out of her would have been to give him time in the relative safety and comfort of their home to get her to crack. He might've been in denial before, or willing to give a second (third? umpteenth?) chance, but predicting that your defensive, gas-lighting, regretful, cycling, abusive partner will cross the line to murder.....might still have had faith at the beginning that he, and only he, could get the truth out of this person. Only time will tell what painful realizations he comes to. I will try not to judge him for the time being.

Thanks! When I try tho it only shows back to 2/20 for me :(

If you tap on 2/20, it gives the 19th, too. I used the search box and couldn’t get the 16th that way either.

Oh no! I hope he's doing ok now!

Unfortunately, there's not much to update. TES searched for a few days and didn't find anything. They said weather hampered their search a little. They also said that this case looks like Caylee Anthony all over again, and that "if Lucas is found, it won't be the way we want him to be". They had to leave because of new tips in another case, but they said they'd be back soon.

EG did an interview (I'm not sure if that was before or after TES started searching) and it was nauseating.

LE isn't looking anymore because they have nowhere to look. They'll still follow tips if they get them though.

We have a lot of locals searching lots of areas... there's a detailed map of where they've checked and where they still need to floating around somewhere.

Flyers are being made to ask farmers and land owners to check their property.

Other interesting things we've learned:
1. EG's son accused JH of abuse on 2/4 and the kid's dad was in the process of trying to get all visitation revoked
2. Lucas was indeed sick for 2 weeks before he disappeared
3. A VI alluded to the fact that our timeline for his "disappearance" is late afternoon 2/16 to when he was reported missing

Thank you very very much!

This is interesting. Looking at the media report again, there is another report entitled "Arrest Report" for the same day. It lists an address of 455 N. Main, whereas the "Media Report" shows CONFIDENTIAL.

http://www.wichita.gov/WPD/Pages/PublicRelations.aspx

N/M, 455 N. Main is the Police Department. I'm putting myself in time out!!!

This is interesting. Looking at the media report again, there is another report entitled "Arrest Report" for the same day. It lists an address of 455 N. Main, whereas the "Media Report" shows CONFIDENTIAL.

http://www.wichita.gov/WPD/Pages/PublicRelations.aspx

N/M, 455 N. Main is the Police Department. I'm putting myself in time out!!!

Well, I was thinking from the media report pages, on 2/16 into early 2/17, I could cross reference any suspicious persons/vehicles, illegal dumping, trespassing, calls of that nature to search areas to see if anything popped out. Or if anything looks like ‘OMG we should totally look there!’
There are other places I saw as possible but its sites like ‘CrimeSpot’ I don’t know that that’s really ‘an official source’ :/

Hoping tomorrow is a better day for everyone who loves and misses Lucas. This just can't go on forever :floating:with everyone up in the air with fear and anticipation.
Something has to give.
jmo

Mmm. There is something about that, but I'm not sure I can put my finger on it here. Well, I guess they touch on it. The motivation (and the level of personal guilt, maybe; though not necessarily acceptance of legal culpability) has to be a factor in disposal. (Sorry, forgive me for stating the obvious to you old timers). Additionally, the, uh, weight of the parcel (bleh) may come into play, as well. I saw some statistics on murders of the under 6 crowd where the vast majority (70+% I think) of cases were a parent, iirc. Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I need to get my butt to the library, I think.

So, what level of guilt does this person have? What was her motivation? I tend to think abusive "accident" but how sadistic was the abuse? Just self serving abuse? She wants to believe she loves him but can't help herself? Then he's probably closer rather than further? But, I was just gobsmacked by the chloroform COD for Mariah. I am no good at getting into the mind of these folks. I don't know if meth was confirmed in her case, but the googling about it as it might relate to SA of a minor left me reeling. I still think the false Walmart sighting in her case broke it wide open. The "perfect plan" with the rehearsed lies was derailed with an unexpected worthwhile sighting of a little girl who fit the missing baby's description. I don't know what lie they'll need to catch EG in to break open Lucas's case. I hope it happens soon.

I've been thinking more about Dad, too. Liars who lie can be very convincing. I've really struggled with how he could wish previous abuse would be ignored for now. If he believes the previous abuse allegations are what ultimately pushed LE to make an arrest for child endangerment (previously investigated incidents can remain sort of dormant, on file, and should another complaint be made, the previous incident could come back to haunt you in DCF/CPS world, I believe). Maybe Dad feels/knows the only way to get an answer out of her would have been to give him time in the relative safety and comfort of their home to get her to crack. He might've been in denial before, or willing to give a second (third? umpteenth?) chance, but predicting that your defensive, gas-lighting, regretful, cycling, abusive partner will cross the line to murder.....might still have had faith at the beginning that he, and only he, could get the truth out of this person. Only time will tell what painful realizations he comes to. I will try not to judge him for the time being.

This is a great post, especially in regards to trying to get into her head with regards to how far away she would put him, based on her level of guilt etc. With the confirmation that he was indeed sick for at least two weeks and with the addition of the pull-up story that she has seemingly pushed, I am pretty firm in my belief that this is somehow going to be related to negligence, which in turn was abusive. Does that make sense? As in, he was sick, she didn’t bring him to the doctor, and let him languish and linger in a poorly state for a long period of time. And for some reason (be it not wanting CPS to get involved, fearing arrest for bruises or the state he was in etc) she chose not to get him help. If he was incredibly ill he wouldn’t have been able to make it to the bathroom, a pull-up at least would have been necessary. When did JH leave for his job? I am curious how sick little Lucas was before he left. I have a tough time coming up with solid ideas about how something happened when it comes to the little one’s cases generally but this rings true for me because why else would anyone make a point about the fact he was sick? I think it has to factor into the case because otherwise, it wouldn’t be considered all that relevant, if at all. I think it’s very, very relevant.

Alllll of this to say that perhaps EG sees this as an “unfortunate accident” rather than abuse or neglect at her hands. She may be able to live with herself because she is so convinced she did “a good job”, and that she HAD to discard (I hate that word) of him in an attempt to hold onto her own child. She sacrificed Lucas to keep her daughter, but she might not see it that way. Crazies, abusers and narcissists generally don’t live in reality, as we know. All MOO and maybe completely off-base, but if we go with that line of thinking, she might not feel a whole lot of guilt...and this could clue us into location, location, location.

This is a great post, especially in regards to trying to get into her head with regards to how far away she would put him, based on her level of guilt etc. With the confirmation that he was indeed sick for at least two weeks and with the addition of the pull-up story that she has seemingly pushed, I am pretty firm in my belief that this is somehow going to be related to negligence, which in turn was abusive. Does that make sense? As in, he was sick, she didn’t bring him to the doctor, and let him languish and linger in a poorly state for a long period of time. And for some reason (be it not wanting CPS to get involved, fearing arrest for bruises or the state he was in etc) she chose not to get him help. If he was incredibly ill he wouldn’t have been able to make it to the bathroom, a pull-up at least would have been necessary. When did JH leave for his job? I am curious how sick little Lucas was before he left. I have a tough time coming up with solid ideas about how something happened when it comes to the little one’s cases generally but this rings true for me because why else would anyone make a point about the fact he was sick? I think it has to factor into the case because otherwise, it wouldn’t be considered all that relevant, if at all. I think it’s very, very relevant.

Alllll of this to say that perhaps EG sees this as an “unfortunate accident” rather than abuse or neglect at her hands. She may be able to live with herself because she is so convinced she did “a good job”, and that she HAD to discard (I hate that word) of him in an attempt to hold onto her own child. She sacrificed Lucas to keep her daughter, but she might not see it that way. Crazies, abusers and narcissists generally don’t live in reality, as we know. All MOO and maybe completely off-base, but if we go with that line of thinking, she might not feel a whole lot of guilt...and this could clue us into location, location, location.

Well also awesome post by you Beth11311! This line of thinking is different. Maybe he really was sick and she just didn’t care enough about him to get him the help he needed ??! Maybe she truly was seeing the fact that his bruises and abuse claims would come to light if she got him some type of medical treatment ! Idk... is it terrible that him disintegrating at home from a sickness sounds better to me than a brutal murder by his “stepmom” ??!! Is that wrong of me. I’d rather him suffer from the flu or pneumonia for days than to have endured pain, beatings, awful words, hatred from her and thinking no one could or would save him from this ? Gosh... poor Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo