Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rsbm
Has there ever been a parent that has become a VI here before?

Off the top of my head, and first to come to mind is amazing Jo Ann Lowitzer, Ali Lowitzer's mother.

(O/T:

Some posts from Ali Lowitzer's thread:

still missing: http://www.houstonpress.com/news/co...r-missing-persons-and-their-families-10166614

This Saturday, February 3, is officially the 1st National Missing Persons Day. Gatherings will be held all over the country, and the event will be commemorated locally from at Houston City Hall (Legacy Room), 901 Bagby from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.

National Missing Persons Day was founded by Jo Ann Lowitzer to provide increased awareness of the needs of the missing. Jo Ann's daughter, Alexandria Lowitzer, went missing in 2010.

TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...16-Spring-26-April-2010&p=5139800#post5139800 )

Of course there was Zach in AJ Hadsell's case....boy was that tougggghhhhh...to this day probably my hardest moment on websleuths ever...when he as a Dad broke down and said "God take me instead..."I absolutely looooooosssst it....

And Cheryl DeBoer's son Stryker...boy that was tough as well.

It's all tough...

As far as search areas go, here are some statistics that may help.

https://books.google.com/books?hl=e...Xxs0cW3umWbKcVNRA9o1t7IXQ#v=onepage&q&f=false
ca73ac49e802240a37fdfe3e6e3f1d48.jpg

80082059cae20515102f1471b7f7b44e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marking spot.

Please be very careful poking in dumpsters (dirty needles, sharp objects, bio hazards...).

On the topic of how long they can hold her in jail, I'm finding conflicting statements in my searches.

What is the maximum sentence one can receive for child endangerment in KS?

On the topic of how long they can hold her in jail, I'm finding conflicting statements in my searches.

It depends on if it’s aggravated or not. Endangering a Child is a class A person misdemeanor that can be punished by up to one year in jail and a $2,500 fine. Aggravated Endangering a Child is a level 9 person felony, that's punished from 5 to 17 months, often on probation, and up to a $100,000 fine
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/kansas-law/kansas-child-abuse-laws.html

It is a misdemeanor with, I believe, a one year maximum. However, if she had other previous charges (related to the previous drug use and restricted license) there could be some violation of a deferred sentence, or a probation violation that could affect the sentence.

As far as search areas go, here are some statistics that may help.

https://books.google.com/books?hl=e...Xxs0cW3umWbKcVNRA9o1t7IXQ#v=onepage&q&f=false
ca73ac49e802240a37fdfe3e6e3f1d48.jpg

80082059cae20515102f1471b7f7b44e.jpg

This is one of my "goto" studies that has taught me much about child abduction murders. It analyzes 775 solved cases.

Here it is in full:

http://agportal-s3bucket.s3.amazona...)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIPDF.pdf

Linked from this site: http://www.atg.wa.gov/child-abduction-murder-research

I'm just sorry that it hasn't been updated to include more recent murders. IMO it's one of the most comprehensive analyses of these kinds of murders.

This is one of my "goto" studies that has taught me much about child abduction murders. It analyzes 775 solved cases.

Here it is in full:

http://agportal-s3bucket.s3.amazona...)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIPDF.pdf

Linked from this site: http://www.atg.wa.gov/child-abduction-murder-research

I'm just sorry that it hasn't been updated to include more recent murders. IMO it's one of the most comprehensive analyses of these kinds of murders.

(Marking, thanks MsM and PetDetective ("Alriiiiiiiighty then!")
(Eta: Ace Ventura reference)

For those of you distributing flyers, if you are going to ask any businesses for donating towards the costs for printing/distributing them, I have a template for you to use as a receipt if the business requires one. I don’t know why I didn’t think about this earlier. But after spending two hours with a tax client explaining to him I can’t just “take his word for it” he’s given to charity without a receipt, I figured we should be prepared just in case a business needs one before they can donate anything. If they don’t ask for one then great, but if not, here’s one to use.

If you have questions about it, let me know. It’s pretty straight forward: if it’s a cash donation just write the amount. But if they want to donate paper or do the printing, write what it is and then the business can write in what the cash value would be. All this receipt is for to create a paper trail for the business accounting and serves no other purpose. We don’t necessarily need a copy, it’s just nice to have one. The other motive is to get contact information in case we need to distribute flyers more than once.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bvX25USZmRZvyYaG2TyFigwJbsDP0nDa

I was sad to see KINKOS turn into FED EX/Kinkos because KINKOS used to donate 500 black and white printing copies of missing person posters, with no problem. And they gave half price on the cost of color copies.

But recently, I asked my local Kinkos/FedEx for posters for Maricela Garcia case, and they said they couldn't donate any. I told them that the Kinkos used to donate them, and the manager called her boss. Then she came back and gave me a card for the main headquarters and said if I called them, with a police report number, they would consider it.

I didn't bother with that long process because we were meeting to put them up that day. But I went to Staples, and they gave me 100 for free, no questions asked.

Just putting this out there for anyone going out to get more Lucas posters printed up. It never hurts to ask for them to donate some of the printing costs. And handing them a tax receipt is a great idea!

She can do hard time because the child is still missing.
She thought she could pull a Misty Croslin.
Claiming the child was gone when she woke up.

I'm still wondering if Lucas was supposed to switch schools/pre-k programs after the move, and how Emily's driving restrictions and dad being gone and Emily being just a girlfriend (unable to switch schools/enroll him somewhere else without a POA) fits in, if at all....

Good morning all, and hoping for the best for Lucas today. Special thank you's to everyone of you who is actually able to search.
:loveyou:

Is there anything I can do to help? Seriously? I want to help you all and Lucas so bad, but I lost my way on these threads for a few days and I have been struggling to catch up ever since.

I'm still wondering if Lucas was supposed to switch schools/pre-k programs after the move, and how Emily's driving restrictions and dad being gone and Emily being just a girlfriend (unable to switch schools/enroll him somewhere else without a POA) fits in, if at all....

my guess is itd be easy to verify based on their current & previous addresses - any locals know if the short distance they move crosses a district line?

any locals, please correct me if im wrong, but according to google children in KS do not legally need to attend school until they are 6. we believe he was still enrolled from rumored absences but do we have that verified? also, even if he was enrolled, can a parent/emergency contact take a kid out of school for an extended time without explanation since legally the kid doesnt have to be there? my train of thought on this is leading me to two places:

1. EG was recognized by the school as an adult is Lucas' life as she was a verified adult to drop/pick him up. JH obviously had to approve this and could what he approved also include acknowledging EG as his live in partner who makes day to day decisions regarding the kids (sick days, dropoffs/pick ups, what he brings for bake sales, field trip permission slips etc) and/or Lucas' emergency contact. Or specific to this stomach bug Lucas had, did EG maybe call JH saying "omg he's so sick" and JH, trusting EG, let the school know an extended absences was OK.

2. This raises the question though WHY wouldn't EG want him in school?? Seem like it'd be ideal for her if he was "out of the way". Possible reasons:
-He was sick (as a VI also mentioned to us) and she didn't the school calling attention to it/asking her about DR appts or sending him to the school nurse & therefore having a DR appt discover bruises/abuse signs
-Lucas was was old enough to interact with his sister as a big brother. Did she use Lucas as a babysitter so she could do w/e she wanted around the house or even leave them unattended? He would have been old enough to "read" to her, hold her, get a bottle from the fridge, play with her...but then this plan backfired on the day she took her "nap & shower". I'd be curious to see his attendance overall and this time, he wasnt up for "babysitting" bc he was sick and something happened...

-I remember my mom pulled my second youngest sibling out of pre school (so a little different than kindergarten in my opinion) both bc she hated it and it was too much commotion everyday having a 1 year old & a 3 year old leave the house all bundled (particularly in cold winter weather) and coordinating naps/eating times etc, just wasnt worth it i guess. Maybe this routine was too much for EG too (difference being she was not keeping Lucas home in a loving environment)? Maybe there were also regular errands EG ran during the week (getting drugs) that was more important to her and adding a trip to and from school was just too much for the kids in one day?

my guess is itd be easy to verify based on their current & previous addresses - any locals know if the short distance they move crosses a district line?

any locals, please correct me if im wrong, but according to google children in KS do not legally need to attend school until they are 6. we believe he was still enrolled from rumored absences but do we have that verified? also, even if he was enrolled, can a parent/emergency contact take a kid out of school for an extended time without explanation since legally the kid doesnt have to be there? my train of thought on this is leading me to two places:

1. EG was recognized by the school as an adult is Lucas' life as she was a verified adult to drop/pick him up. JH obviously had to approve this and could what he approved also include acknowledging EG as his live in partner who makes day to day decisions regarding the kids (sick days, dropoffs/pick ups, what he brings for bake sales, field trip permission slips etc) and/or Lucas' emergency contact. Or specific to this stomach bug Lucas had, did EG maybe call JH saying "omg he's so sick" and JH, trusting EG, let the school know an extended absences was OK.

2. This raises the question though WHY wouldn't EG want him in school?? Seem like it'd be ideal for her if he was "out of the way". Possible reasons:
-He was sick (as a VI also mentioned to us) and she didn't the school calling attention to it/asking her about DR appts or sending him to the school nurse & therefore having a DR appt discover bruises/abuse signs
-Lucas was was old enough to interact with his sister as a big brother. Did she use Lucas as a babysitter so she could do w/e she wanted around the house or even leave them unattended? He would have been old enough to "read" to her, hold her, get a bottle from the fridge, play with her...but then this plan backfired on the day she took her "nap & shower". I'd be curious to see his attendance overall and this time, he wasnt up for "babysitting" bc he was sick and something happened...

-I remember my mom pulled my second youngest sibling out of pre school (so a little different than kindergarten in my opinion) both bc she hated it and it was too much commotion everyday having a 1 year old & a 3 year old leave the house all bundled (particularly in cold winter weather) and coordinating naps/eating times etc, just wasnt worth it i guess. Maybe this routine was too much for EG too (difference being she was not keeping Lucas home in a loving environment)? Maybe there were also regular errands EG ran during the week (getting drugs) that was more important to her and adding a trip to and from school was just too much for the kids in one day?

Main reason: She didn't want anyone seeing the state that Lucas was in under her care.

Other reason: Live in babysitter.

Both selfish reasons of course.

If we are looking at a time frame of Late Friday to Saturday. We are talking 12+ hrs that is a lot of time that could have been used to travel. The places during that time are endless as much as I hate to say that. We could be looking into Oklahoma or all around Wichita. Was EG smart enough to think this way though? jmo and rambling thoughts

Is there anything I can do to help? Seriously? I want to help you all and Lucas so bad, but I lost my way on these threads for a few days and I have been struggling to catch up ever since.
Hi Ana- There are 2 areas. Have you been to the flyer thread? Great ideas going on there that need hands to help.

Can you take a look at the completion map on the maps, timeline, and media thread? Throw some ideas out of missing areas that look like possibilities. If you are not comfortable putting the idea on the thread, feel free to ping me on WS or email me at Henryb2329@gmail.com.

Thank you for your kindness. :)

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Hi Ana- There are 2 areas. Have you been to the flyer thread? Great ideas going on there that need hands to help.

Can you take a look at the completion map on the maps, timeline, and media thread? Throw some ideas out of missing areas that look like possibilities. If you are not comfortable putting the idea on the thread, feel free to ping me on WS or email me at Henryb2329@gmail.com.

Thank you for your kindness. :)

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Hi Henry, thank you so much for writing me back.

I have not no. Are you able to link me to these? (My WS navigation is bit off today!) I will be glad to help.

I remember on an earlier thread, we were discussing the school situation and someone (sorry I forget who to give credit to!) noted that their new address would put them in a different USD259 elementary school, and we were able to look up the schools that offered Pre-K programs, but I cannot remember if we cross-references that information.
(Anyone remember?)

When you enroll your child in school, you check off the different things that you have the legal responsibility/custody for, to include educational responsibilities. Unless JH had a general or special power of attorney specifically for that in regards to EG, the only thing EG could legally be responsible for/as would be an emergency contact and pick-up/drop-off responsibilities.
When you request to switch schools, there's another form you fill out to allow release of school records to the new school, and again, unless she had POA, she wouldn't be legally allowed to do that.
So, I'm wondering if there was never plans to switch schools (I believe for Pre-K programs you have to drive them at least one-way due to half day pre-k programs) If he was sick for the 10+ days our VI confirmed upthread, he wouldn't have had a chance to attend the new school yet it seems, but I'm still wondering if a transfer (if that was supposed to happen) was ever begun. If not, that seems odd to me. Why no future education plans for Lucas? I'd ask our VI but since the VI wasn't even aware of the move until after Lucas was reported missing, my guess is our VI wouldn't know much about Lucas education plan in regards to that move.

Hi Henry, thank you so much for writing me back.

I have not no. Are you able to link me to these? (My WS navigation is bit off today!) I will be glad to help.

Quoting myself, but I found the media thread. Could someone point me in the direction of the "flyer thread"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares