KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police Searching For Kentucky Mom Who Helps Locate Missing People | NewsRadio KFBK

Her sister says Andrea has been going through a rough period over the past year. She was laid off from her job at Humana and was involved in a hit-and-run car accident.

She always keeps in touch with all of us, especially her children," Erin told Dateline. "Even if she's visiting friends."
Anyone with information on Andrea Knabel's whereabouts is asked to contact investigator Tracy Leonard at 502-618-9337 or the Louisville Metro Police Department at 502-574-LMPD.

They are requesting CCTV in area last known. Search team continues.

Would be nice to have a VI in this case.
Most current info coming in from PI on FB live.
I am in both groups on FB. Private and open.
I know they are busy with boots on ground. A few leads but not voicing leads yet. No MSM with leads.
Trying to remain positive no stone unturned that we could get lead on yet.
I keep thinking of the country club?
Was she forced in a vehicle she approached thinking it was a uber?
An accident hurt somewhere?
Going on 3 weeks. Not good Not Good JMO

Last edited:
Police Searching For Kentucky Mom Who Helps Locate Missing People | NewsRadio KFBK

Her sister says Andrea has been going through a rough period over the past year. She was laid off from her job at Humana and was involved in a hit-and-run car accident.

She always keeps in touch with all of us, especially her children," Erin told Dateline. "Even if she's visiting friends."
Anyone with information on Andrea Knabel's whereabouts is asked to contact investigator Tracy Leonard at 502-618-9337 or the Louisville Metro Police Department at 502-574-LMPD.

I know they are busy with boots on ground. A few leads but not voicing leads yet. No MSM with leads.

I think if something happened, it probably happened closer to polar level and away from the county club. I’m pretty sure the club closes at 9.

Can you PM me the private fb group?

I don't know why she did not just walk back home since she lived a few blocks away from her sister.

during the daytime, or even evening, i'd normally agree with you but i don't think it's all that strange considering it was 1-1:30 AM. i also think her being upset might have had something to do with it. sometimes when i'm particularly sad and emotionally fragile, i can't be alone. and i'm mostly an introvert so that's saying something. sometimes you just need the presence of a loved one.

Was Andrea coming from a residence in the 4000 block of Fincastle or was that the last place she was seen?

Louisville mom Andrea Knabel dedicated to finding missing people has disappeared

Andrea Michelle Knabel, 37, was last seen around 1 a.m. on August 13, 2019, walking in the area of the 4000 block of Fincastle Road near her home in Louisville’s Audubon Park neighborhood, Andrea’s sister, Erin Knabel told Dateline.
We talk daily, or every other day,” said Erin, who lives a few blocks away from her sister.

Erin added that Andrea “was sad” the last time she her, but that it isn’t like her sister to just walk off without telling anyone.

Louisville mom Andrea Knabel dedicated to finding missing people has disappeared

Andrea Michelle Knabel, 37, was last seen around 1 a.m. on August 13, 2019, walking in the area of the 4000 block of Fincastle Road near her home in Louisville’s Audubon Park neighborhood, Andrea’s sister, Erin Knabel told Dateline.
We talk daily, or every other day,” said Erin, who lives a few blocks away from her sister.

Erin added that Andrea “was sad” the last time she her, but that it isn’t like her sister to just walk off without telling anyone.
The 4000 block is the closest area to Belmar Drive, which is the opposite end of the street from Poplar Level Rd. That means she hadn't even reached the park and could have walked into the park or skipped through into one of the streets lining the park.

I would like to know where she wanted a ride to.

The 4000 block is the closest area to Belmar Drive, which is the opposite end of the street from Poplar Level Rd. That means she hadn't even reached the park and could have walked into the park or skipped through into one of the streets lining the park.

I would like to know where she wanted a ride to.

Which park are you referring to? The last report I read was that she was on Fincastle walking towards poplar level rd, on the sidewalk to the left.

Where is the bird sanctuary in that area? In the Audubon Park?

Do you know the name? I’m pretty sure there’s an aviary place across poplar level, off trevillian close to the zoo. Audubon Park isn’t an actual park though, it’s a residential area. There are parks in the area. George Rogers Clark Park is in walking distance north up poplar level.

The population of Audubon Park and Camp Taylor is easily 2,000 people. That doesn’t include some of the other areas like Lynnview and Germantown. They’re older communities and the houses sit pretty close together. Preston hwy sits to the west of the area and poplar level sits to the east. They’re both busy streets with ramps to the interstate. I could understand why she was walking towards poplar level if she was trying to clear her head and just wanted to get some peace. She could’ve definitely found somewhere that would’ve still been open and hung out for a little bit until she could find a ride or someone to talk to or whatever it was that she was looking for.

They haven’t said where she lives in the neighborhood but it’s possible she was walking towards poplar level bc she lived closer to that part of the neighborhood. I’m not really sure though bc the articles I read had mentioned that she was specifically looking for a ride somewhere.

she was leaving her sisters house. It's about a mile from where she lived. she lost her job and car quite some time ago.

Okay, so she was leaving her sister’s house.
(Who resides somewhere in the 4000 block of Fincastle Road). I would think if she only lived a mile away - she would head home. Unless she had a best friend that lived nearby?

Do you know the name? I’m pretty sure there’s an aviary place across poplar level, off trevillian close to the zoo. Audubon Park isn’t an actual park though, it’s a residential area. There are parks in the area. George Rogers Clark Park is in walking distance north up poplar level.
The City of Audubon Park was named a bird sanctuary.
Never mind I just looked up the history. It had something to do with the garden club. Here is the article.
RE history. Is this correct area? Or further away from her neighborhood?
HISTORY
So a lot of green space in area?

Okay, so she was leaving her sister’s house.
(Who resides somewhere in the 4000 block of Fincastle Road). I would think if she only lived a mile away - she would head home. Unless she had a best friend that lived nearby?

I think her sister lived a little farther back in the neighborhood, not on Fincastle. I don’t know how they were able to verify she was on Fincastle.

The City of Audubon Park was named a bird sanctuary.
Never mind I just looked up the history. It had something to do with the garden club. Here is the article.
RE history. Is this correct area? Or further away from her neighborhood?
HISTORY
So a lot of green space in area?

That’s the area! There’s a golf course and country club in Audubon Park too, so if you’re looking at a map of the neighborhood, the big green space is most likely the course. If you zoom out and north on poplar level, towards downtown Louisville, you’ll see some pretty big park areas with a lot of trees.

Wow! This woman has been missing over two weeks and there is no information? I never comment but I feel so bad that this woman has been so diligent searching for missing people but her disappearance is not getting very much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenJenny