KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who all knew this 2 years ago and didn't pursue it? Jmo
According to the Nelson County Sheriff, he stated yesterday that they’ve been working behind the scenes with the FBI for the past 19 months or so and I really believe the Oxygen special among others helped get them take a closer look. The locals and all of us deserve some credit too IMO because if we hadn’t raised such a stink this would have gone nowhere.

LE did take the car but they did a terrible job on the processing and gave the car back to Tommy and Sherry Ballard
I had forgotten until today that we learned via the Oxygen special that Kentucky only permits the submission of 10 pieces of evidence likely due to cost restraints. IMO The feds will go over that car and all the other evidence with a fine tooth comb and their results will be shall we say impartial and hopefully conclusive. Also IMO

Investigators Discover Potential Signs Of Human Blood In Missing Crystal Rogers’ Trunk

If I am understanding this article correctly it is saying that initially police did not do a very good job at inspecting her car for evidence and upon re-examination by anther set of detectives they found a large amount of blood in the trunk of the car. My question now is why would they not look in the trunk of the car for evidence at the very beginning? I'm not a professional but I would think that every inch of that car should have been combed over from the very beginning if it had been then maybe we would be closer to giving her family closure before now it just seems like mishandling of this case from early on. Of course it's all just MOO
Typically only accept 10 pieces of evidence. What a joke!!!. I remember reading that early on in this investigation and thinking how incredible stupid and outrageous that is. I get flooding the labs with useless evidence will slow the progress. Thing is, you just don't know how important an item could be until it's tested

Typically only accept 10 pieces of evidence. What a joke!!!. I remember reading that early on in this investigation and thinking how incredible stupid and outrageous that is. I get flooding the labs with useless evidence will slow the progress. Thing is, you just don't know how important an item could be until it's tested
Exactly and I would think that a blood stained carpet would be the most important item to get in there and do testing on. I could understand if it was just a tiny speck of something but that was a large area.

I’ve said it before but I think these Houck brothers are responsible for much more. If anyone is familiar with the Netherland murders, LE stated whoever committed those murders would have had blood on their clothing and somewhere in their vehicle. Between Nick’s LE car trunk , Crystal’s car trunk and their previous interest in Anna Whiteside’s car there may be a significant amount of evidence between the three. Time will tell and it’s my understanding that labs are backed up due to covid. So we wait...
Why would there be blood in more than two vehicles? And I forgot their recent interest in Nick’s pickup the past couple of days.

I’ve said it before but I think these Houck brothers are responsible for much more. If anyone is familiar with the Netherland murders, LE stated whoever committed those murders would have had blood on their clothing and somewhere in their vehicle. Between Nick’s LE car trunk , Crystal’s car trunk and their previous interest in Anna Whiteside’s car there may be a significant amount of evidence between the three. Time will tell and it’s my understanding that labs are backed up due to covid. So we wait...
Why would there be blood in more than two vehicles? And I forgot their recent interest in Nick’s pickup the past couple of days.
I sent you a message

What’s so bizarre for me is that prior to these murders, I mostly knew this county for the Gesthemane monastery and Thomas Merton. I had been on private retreat there twice. I thought of it as a beautiful, peaceful county. Then all these unsolved murders...

If y’all go back through these threads there’s a discussion about KSP’s lab only accepting 10 pieces of evidence. That’s not entirely true. They accept more than 10 but they do ask that the most important 10 pieces be bagged and sent in first. A lab tech made a statement shortly after the special aired about how the process works. They basically tell investigators to bag the most important items of evidentiary value bc it discourages investigators from throwing a bunch of stuff together and dumping it at the lab to be sorted through. They even offer to send someone out to help them decide what items should take priority. They also accept more than just 10. Over 75 search warrants have been served over the years and tons of evidence has been gathered. You can find vids from ksp’s search after Tommy was killed where they bring boxes and boxes of evidence from one of the houses.

I think the docuseries did a good job of getting her story out there but they also did a little bit of sensationalizing for entertainment value. I know we’ve definitely gone over the inconsistencies in the show in these threads.

Investigators Discover Potential Signs Of Human Blood In Missing Crystal Rogers’ Trunk

If I am understanding this article correctly it is saying that initially police did not do a very good job at inspecting her car for evidence and upon re-examination by anther set of detectives they found a large amount of blood in the trunk of the car. My question now is why would they not look in the trunk of the car for evidence at the very beginning? I'm not a professional but I would think that every inch of that car should have been combed over from the very beginning if it had been then maybe we would be closer to giving her family closure before now it just seems like mishandling of this case from early on. Of course it's all just MOO

If I remember correctly, the very next episode after the one where they talk about testing the trunk, they disclosed that it wasn’t blood. I remember the tech who collected evidence that night made a comment shortly after this episode that after she collected the evidence, the car was in possession of KSP bc they were testing for latent prints. I remember the tech was pretty upset bc the show made it seem like nothing was ever done with the car so she felt like she had to defend herself.

If I remember correctly, the very next episode after the one where they talk about testing the trunk, they disclosed that it wasn’t blood. I remember the tech who collected evidence that night made a comment shortly after this episode that after she collected the evidence, the car was in possession of KSP bc they were testing for latent prints. I remember the tech was pretty upset bc the show made it seem like nothing was ever done with the car so she felt like she had to defend herself.
Well LE certainly did not process the car correctly, there were soda bottles in the car, no evidence of finger print powder, and they never even swept out the trunk for trace evidence or fibers. And then they gave it back to the family. So I would think they have alot of defending of their work to do.

Well LE certainly did not process the car correctly, there were soda bottles in the car, no evidence of finger print powder, and they never even swept out the trunk for trace evidence or fibers. And then they gave it back to the family. So I would think they have alot of defending of their work to do.
I hope the Feds shut them all down and I hope they’re knee deep in investigations of Bardstown Police and Nelson County Sheriffs Office. We need LE now more than everywhere especially in small town America. IMO

but all that was gathered from a tv show that also hyped up that they found evidence of blood...when it turned out not to be blood. I think there’s this notion that a car should be completely empty if it’s been searched but that’s not necessarily true. It reminds me of Maura Murray’s car. It was gone through and there are tons of pics online from where it sat in evidence and it also still had tons of stuff left in it that hadn’t been tested. According to the tech in Crystal’s case, she wasn’t responsible for processing the car. She took pics, and removed trace evidence, as well as transient evidence. It was then released to KSP to do the finger printing and chemical processing bc that requires two people. The show made it seem like there was a way bigger conspiracy going on within the sheriffs dept.

I hope the Feds shut them all down and I hope they’re knee deep in investigations of Bardstown Police and Nelson County Sheriffs Office. We need LE now more than everywhere especially in small town America. IMO

Both departments have seen a lot of turn over, especially in leadership positions. Most of the officers, and county leaders that I would consider sketchy back around that time period are gone... which is a shame bc they really need to be looked into.

last line...
"for any signs of where Crystal Rogers could be."

Sounds like the body they found is not Crystal.... if they are still looking for her on the family farm. ??

last line...
"for any signs of where Crystal Rogers could be."

Sounds like the body they found is not Crystal.... if they are still looking for her on the family farm. ??

It’s definitely weird wording. I think maybe since nothing has been verified, they’re just assuming that’s what’s happening on the farm. It doesn’t look like they were given any direct statements from any agents.

I wish they would make a statement or at least verify whether the remains are hers or not. I mean, it seems like the probability of them being Crystal Rogers is pretty high. It doesn’t make much sense for the FBI to show up the way they have after remains were sent to their laboratory...when she’s been missing for 5 years.

It’s definitely weird wording. I think maybe since nothing has been verified, they’re just assuming that’s what’s happening on the farm. It doesn’t look like they were given any direct statements from any agents.

I wish they would make a statement or at least verify whether the remains are hers or not. I mean, it seems like the probability of them being Crystal Rogers is pretty high. It doesn’t make much sense for the FBI to show up the way they have after remains were sent to their laboratory...when she’s been missing for 5 years.

Okay - I thought that was a direct quote from LE as to "why" they were there - understand now - reporter's words!

And yes, it does seem strange that after 5 years nothing has been done to find Crystal, but all of sudden a body is found (4 miles from their farm no less) - and a TON of FBI / LE , etc. coming swooping in with 9 search warrants??
I am surprised that they (LE) have not told her parents - but maybe they have & asked them not to say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member