Identified! KY - Elizabethtown, Fem UP11327, bee earrings, May'13 - Madiha Roshdy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The closest girl I see missing within the time frame is Genevieve Gonzales https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19647/1/. The boyfriend cold be lying and his mum helping him to create an alibi. In this picture it almost looks like she is wearing earring similar to the girl found.

In one of her NamUs pictures she has red nail polish on her fingers, another one shows what appears to be glitter polish on her toes.

The only problem with Selina is her hair looks awfully straight -- isn't the decedent described as having curly hair?

2 Things: (1) underneath the article about missing Selena Gonzalez is a comment that she was found; and (2) just because someone appears to have straight hair in a picture doesn't mean it is always straight. If my long hair air drys, it is wavy and kind of frizzy. However, I blow dry and flat iron almost every day because I look better that way. If you'd never seen me on the weekends, you would think I have stick straight hair. I don't.

The only problem with Selina is her hair looks awfully straight -- isn't the decedent described as having curly hair?

Yeah, but half an hour with a curling iron or flat iron will change from one to the other. Color too.

Looking forward to her DNA being completed. I think this will rule out many of our possibilities. Who are you Elizabeth Doe??

I'm looking at the missing space in that turquoise ring, and wondering if it didn't used to have an overlay of some sort. Example ring and victim's ring in thumbnails.

BTW, if you google "turquoise gold rings" you get page after page of rings in unusual settings like this one, many of them with diamonds or other sparkling stones and most of them thoroughly American. The turquoise stone and soft gold seem to be popular with independent jewelry makers. I haven't yet found one identical, but I'm finding some that are in the ballpark.

Attachments

• filigree turquoise ring.jpg
    filigree turquoise ring.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 15
  • namus 11333 KY 2013 turquoise ring.jpg
    namus 11333 KY 2013 turquoise ring.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 20
I'm looking at the missing space in that turquoise ring, and wondering if it didn't used to have an overlay of some sort. Example ring and victim's ring in thumbnails.

BTW, if you google "turquoise gold rings" you get page after page of rings in unusual settings like this one, many of them with diamonds or other sparkling stones and most of them thoroughly American. The turquoise stone and soft gold seem to be popular with independent jewelry makers. I haven't yet found one identical, but I'm finding some that are in the ballpark.

If it had an "overlay" like the filigree overlay ring photo on the left, it would have had prong markings on the bezel, like the prongs on that particular ring you noted, unless you meant that the overlay would be shelved underneath the existing bezel, so no prongs would be shown, and would be held in strictly by the bezel that encompasses the turquoise colored stone.

If it had an "overlay" like the filigree overlay ring photo on the left, it would have had prong markings on the bezel, like the prongs on that particular ring you noted, unless you meant that the overlay would be shelved underneath the existing bezel, so no prongs would be shown, and would be held in strictly by the bezel that encompasses the turquoise colored stone.

Yes, that was the kind of design I was wondering about. Or prongs hidden by the outer bezel. If you enlarge the photo and look at the top of the bezel, it looks like it could be some kind of prong. A corresponding bottom one would be hidden by the angle of the photo. And that wouldn't be a very secure mounting. It might have snagged in something while the body was being moved and been ripped off.

The ring and earrings look to me like an antique "art deco" style. Cabochon bezel set turquoise stones were often set in gold I think in the early 20's (guesstimate to year). Google art deco gold and turquoise rings and multiple bezel set images come up. That was my initial thought when I first saw the pictures of the jewelry - antique, art deco or possibly victorian. FWIW

The ring and earrings look to me like an antique "art deco" style. Cabochon bezel set turquoise stones were often set in gold I think in the early 20's (guesstimate to year). Google art deco gold and turquoise rings and multiple bezel set images come up. That was my initial thought when I first saw the pictures of the jewelry - antique, art deco or possibly victorian. FWIW

Yes, I think that's a possibility.

There seems to be a current trend toward vintage jewelry of all kinds right now, and modern goldsmiths and silversmiths seem to be taking inspiration from older designs. Some lovely stuff out there. I had to restrain myself from buying the rings I was looking at :D

It's pretty clear that these pieces are unique and if we can get them out there, somebody ought to recognize them.

(I can't get rid of a nagging feeling that I have seen a ring like that somewhere, and recently.)

Just based on the style of the jewelry alone I would say the decedent is more likely to be middle eastern than Hispanic.

Yes, I think that's a possibility.

There seems to be a current trend toward vintage jewelry of all kinds right now, and modern goldsmiths and silversmiths seem to be taking inspiration from older designs. Some lovely stuff out there. I had to restrain myself from buying the rings I was looking at :D

It's pretty clear that these pieces are unique and if we can get them out there, somebody ought to recognize them.

(I can't get rid of a nagging feeling that I have seen a ring like that somewhere, and recently.)

Between Feb. and March E bay had a ring just like this, someone was selling.....maybe a picture can be submitted to Ebay to find out who won that auction.. and compare the two rings..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back