Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you pay for drinks? Her Mom said she was highly intoxicated. Guess she could have drank a lot before going to the bar, guess her friends she went to the bar could have paid, guess she could have had a tab at the bar, possibly she's a hustler of drinks but seems strange to me she would go out without a means to pay for anything which is what her Mom seemed to be saying when she said why would she leave the mans house, she had no money. Also her Mom had said she left her credit cards at home and her wallet in the car. Media articles have said she left wallet in car but also said purse. Not sure what is being referred to.

I've thought about this too. When I go out. I take my license and 1 card. I generally leave additional credit cards at home. Maybe she did have a single card with her.

How do you pay for drinks? Her Mom said she was highly intoxicated. Guess she could have drank a lot before going to the bar, guess her friends she went to the bar could have paid, guess she could have had a tab at the bar, possibly she's a hustler of drinks but seems strange to me she would go out without a means to pay for anything which is what her Mom seemed to be saying when she said why would she leave the mans house, she had no money. Also her Mom had said she left her credit cards at home and her wallet in the car. Media articles have said she left wallet in car but also said purse. Not sure what is being referred to.

I know they said she had another bag or purse in the car. She was 22 some bars swipe your ID or they won't even let you in if you use an expired licence. She could have brought cash with her or just one credit card. Even with money or a card a ride home wouldn't be cheap I'm guessing. I thought maybe the other purse had her makeup and items she couldn't fit in the purse she was using. It could have had stuff incase she slept at a friends. The purse pictured is good when you are out in crowded places. It goes across your body so you can dance with it on or sit at the bar without taking it off.

However she felt about the man she was pictured walking with or what their plans were, there opinion of her shouldn't matter. You make an awesome point about the money we know she had a purse and a phone. Why would she go to a bar without money? She could have used an uber app. She could have called a taxi. They will drive you home where you can get money if you don't have enough. One of those guys could have driven her to her friend's or to her house.

I wrote a very long post explaining how opinions do matter but decided not to post it because afraid it would be considered victim blaming.

I really wanted to share it but.....

I know they said she had another bag or purse in the car. She was 22 some bars swipe your ID or they won't even let you in if you use an expired licence. She could have brought cash with her or just one credit card. Even with money or a card a ride home wouldn't be cheap I'm guessing. I thought maybe the other purse had her makeup and items she couldn't fit in the purse she was using. It could have had stuff incase she slept at a friends. The purse pictured is good when you are out in crowded places. It goes across your body so you can dance with it on or sit at the bar without taking it off.

All we have is what her Mom has said and that has varied. Speculating takes us in all directions and we just don't have many facts. I doubt we'll ever know what all happened. Hopefully some of what happened but not all the details.

I've thought about this too. When I go out. I take my license and 1 card. I generally leave additional credit cards at home. Maybe she did have a single card with her.

When I first heard what her Mom had said I took it Savannah didn't want to get robbed and have everything taken, just being safe. Now I have questions but no way to get answers.

I agree maybe a credit card and ID and Mom's report was not entirely accurate.

All we have is what her Mom has said and that has varied. Speculating takes us in all directions and we just don't have many facts. I doubt we'll ever know what all happened. Hopefully some of what happened but not all the details.

Speculation and asking questions is kind of all were doing as we wait and hope for some news.

Not sure if the map has been brought forward to this thread, I am still 30 pages behind. But here is the map link just in case. Savannah Spurlock MISSING Jan. 4, 2019 - Google My Maps

Can I ask you a question...how much does intent play into a case like this. For example an accident happened and the parties involved panicked? I'm not saying this occurred but am curious how that works legally?

The way its going now......I doubt she shows up as a result of a deliberate search (I really hope I'm wrong). The searched areas by teams probably have to do with scents or previous cell phone signals. There were no tips; and the stories of the three male individuals are at most questionable (?). In the coming days weeks and months, someone will most likely stumble upon her (remains) maybe a boater, farmer or a hunter.

Last edited:
Can I ask you a question...how much does intent play into a case like this. For example an accident happened and the parties involved panicked? I'm not saying this occurred but am curious how that works legally?
If there was an accidental death and a person or people covered it up after the fact I would think the charges would only be for hiding a corpse or possibly obstruction of justice for interfering in an investigation. I personally don't practice criminal law, but based on my legal education, they would not be charged in the actual death. However, that changes if they did some act beforehand that could have contributed, such as providing narcotics or restricting her from seeking care.

If there was an accidental death and a person or people covered it up after the fact I would think the charges would only be for hiding a corpse or possibly obstruction of justice for interfering in an investigation. I personally don't practice criminal law, but based on my legal education, they would not be charged in the actual death. However, that changes if they did some act beforehand that could have contributed, such as providing narcotics or restricting her from seeking care.

Thank you :)

I wrote a very long post explaining how opinions do matter but decided not to post it because afraid it would be considered victim blaming.

I really wanted to share it but.....

They way people see you does matter. That applies both ways. If you give women the impression you are a nice wholesome guy they might get in your car. Look at Ted Bundy. Girls assumed he was injured and a fellow student sometimes and went to help him only to disappear. If someone is alone intoxicated and falling down or passed out you shouldn't have sex with them. You might think they are a party girl. Women should be able to go out walk through a parking lot and live to wake up the next day.

Not sure if the map has been brought forward to this thread, I am still 30 pages behind. But here is the map link just in case. Savannah Spurlock MISSING Jan. 4, 2019 - Google My Maps

I had logged off but took the time to look at your map.

I'm not from Ky but had a pretty good idea of where Richmond is, Lexington and Crab Apple where Savannah ended up. I took the time to bring up maps and distance of where everything is and Crab Apple is South of Richmond and the trip from Lexington to Crab Apple is a little over and hour and from Lexington to Richmond is 40 min.

When looking at the map, along with time and distance, I'm having a hard time thinking she would go that far just to party or be with the one guy longer. Good grief, how would she make it home in time for her Mom not to be upset and use the car.

I sure can't stick with any one theory. This is impossible to figure out.

If her friends left the bar before she did...how was she intending to get home? Did her friend say? Especially if indeed she did not carry any money? I can’t imagine staying behind at a bar so far from home...

Did the friends fight or did she just not want to leave.

They way people see you does matter. That applies both ways. If you give women the impression you are a nice wholesome guy they might get in your car. Look at Ted Bundy. Girls assumed he was injured and a fellow student sometimes and went to help him only to disappear. If someone is alone intoxicated and falling down or passed out you shouldn't have sex with them. You might think they are a party girl. Women should be able to go out walk through a parking lot and live to wake up the next day.
> Deleted

Last edited:
However she felt about the man she was pictured walking with or what their plans were, there opinion of her shouldn't matter. You make an awesome point about the money we know she had a purse and a phone. Why would she go to a bar without money? She could have used an uber app. She could have called a taxi. They will drive you home where you can get money if you don't have enough. One of those guys could have driven her to her friend's or to her house.

For the heck of it, I got on my uber app and pretended like I was going to get a ride to Lexington or to Lancaster. For the record, there are 0 Uber drivers in my small town (which is right outside of Richmond). No shock there. We don't even have taxi service. There are a few in Richmond and I am sure, that for a good chunk of change, they'd take you to Lexington and vice versa. I've taken a taxi from Lexington to Richmond before and it was $45. That was 6 years ago. From outside of Lancaster back to Lexington or even to Richmond? Gosh, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if there were any Uber drivers at all.

TL/DR Once she got down to Garrard County, it may have been difficult if not downright impossible to get a taxi or Uber ride to Richmond or Lexington. Her best bet would've been from downtown Lex. Still, that doesn't mean that one of the guys couldn't have driven her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79