Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive read that the oldest documented scent trail was done in "wet, dense conditions" and was 322 hours (13 days old). The Complete Bloodhound
This was considered to be a record in mantrailing. Scent apparently survives longer in cooler conditions because the lower temps will tend to bring the scent back down to ground level. (i would have assumed that warmer weather was ideal) Rain apparently does not get rid of scent either, oddly.
Now...decomposition can be detected at a whole different level and can be detected by search dogs differently and for years after.

If all this is true...I am scared they are now looking for a body vs. this precious human being.

Why have the friends that she went to the bar with not spoken out about what happened while they were at the bar? I would think the reporters would be all over them. Girlfriends usually communicate with each other while at a bar about who they're talking to, interested in, etc...so this is really weird that no one has said anything.

Apologies if this has been posted already. Posting in reference to previous posts concerning SS's transportation events the night she was last seen.
"Savannah used her mother’s car to drive herself and a friend about 45 minutes to Lexington, Kentucky, to visit another friend. Police would later learn that, after arriving at the friend’s house, Savannah and her two friends drove to The Other Bar in a different car, leaving Ellen Spurlock’s car at the house."
Kentucky police identify men last seen with missing young mother Savannah Spurlock
ETA clarify

Last edited:
Ive read that the oldest documented scent trail was done in "wet, dense conditions" and was 322 hours (13 days old). The Complete Bloodhound
This was considered to be a record in mantrailing. Scent apparently survives longer in cooler conditions because the lower temps will tend to bring the scent back down to ground level. (i would have assumed that warmer weather was ideal) Rain apparently does not get rid of scent either, oddly.
Now...decomposition can be detected at a whole different level and can be detected by search dogs differently and for years after.

If all this is true...I am scared they are now looking for a body vs. this precious human being.

I agree. Tracking a trail, live human scent, and cadaver scent, are entirely different. I fear it is the latter. The dogs feed off of reward. In tracking, if it is a human, (or animal), they get the reward from their handler and the excitement that surrounds the find. Same with scenting a human who has wandered off, a lost child, or a human in rubble, for example. With cadaver dogs, the reward is different. There is a whole different tone when they achieve their goal. Rewards, yes, but the tone is different.

I have only seen pics released from the surveillance video. Has the video itself been released? TIA

I have only seen pics released from the surveillance video. Has the video itself been released? TIA
That's all I have seen as well. Is it from outside the bar?
There was some discussion of pictures of her with the men she was with and one of her holding on to one man's arm. Where are those pictures from? Are they posted here?

Why have the friends that she went to the bar with not spoken out about what happened while they were at the bar? I would think the reporters would be all over them. Girlfriends usually communicate with each other while at a bar about who they're talking to, interested in, etc...so this is really weird that no one has said anything.
Couldn't agree more. No mention of who the man & woman were that went to the bar with SS. The woman left the bar earlier, but SS wanted to stay. No mention of where this girlfriend went after leaving the bar and how she got there. No mention of when the man left.

That's all I have seen as well. Is it from outside the bar?
There was some discussion of pictures of her with the men she was with and one of her holding on to one man's arm. Where are those pictures from? Are they posted here?

They’re in the stills that were first released. They’re linked on here but it might be easier to google them since there are so many pages in this one

Couldn't agree more. No mention of who the man & woman were that went to the bar with SS. The woman left the bar earlier, but SS wanted to stay. No mention of where this girlfriend went after leaving the bar and how she got there. No mention of when the man left.

It sounds like the guy they met in Lexington drove them to bar, or maybe his apt was close enough to walk. I have a feeling they’ve been cleared by LE which could be why there’s not a lot of info about them

Here is one of the earlier releases, and it wasn't until the 8th of Jan. She was last seen by her mother on facetime, @ around 3 a.m. on the 4th. Mom called LE, the evening of the 4th, and there is a 48 hour hold on searching for missing adults.

Do we know if they are using search and rescue dogs or cadaver dogs looking for remains? I thought it was extremely cold there.
Are they searching an area based on a tip or information they got from the men that were with her?
This does not look good. Hasn't it been more than a week now that she is missing? I would think they would not be searching for a living person. Imo

There’s also a pretty good possibility that LE has advised them not to speak. I kind of don’t blame them. People on other forums have been reaching out to family members of the house that was searched, ex gf’s of Savannah’s ex, Savannah’s own family members etc and then sharing information with everyone on SM. In turn, anyone associated with Savannah seems to get bashed online and accusations have been thrown around- that alone would discourage me from speaking in the media.

ETA: spelling :(

Do we know if they are using search and rescue dogs or cadaver dogs looking for remains? I thought it was extremely cold there.
Are they searching an area based on a tip or information they got from the men that were with her?
This does not look good. Hasn't it been more than a week now that she is missing? I would think they would not be searching for a living person. Imo

I haven’t seen whether they’re cadaver dogs or not. It’s insanely cold here right now, it’ll be worse tomorrow.

It sounds like LE has given them a grid to search and they’re working under their guidance. It’s been almost 4 wks since she’s been seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joyousjg