GUILTY KY - Sheena Baxter, 32, Scott Co, 14 Feb 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Authorities are currently at the scene of Phoenix Transportation off East Yusen Way in Georgetown. According to Scott County Sheriff Tony Hampton, their investigation of Baxter's disappearance led them to the transportation service company.

Hampton could not confirm if there was a definite connection between Phoenix Transportation and Baxter's disappearance, only that it was a tangible lead."
Update: Police investigating possible connection to missing woman

Was she planning to come home that night? What was bag for?
How long was she outside and what was she doing?
How long had she been with the BF who was to be picking her up?
How was she feeling about her upcoming court dates?

iirc her sister mentioned Sheena planned to be away one night. Moo as I don’t have time to go thru each link.
Sounds like she was outside only a moment, it was quite cold, she did not step back in. Moo
Was the bf named?
prob dreading court, lol, most people do. Moo

I remember the speculation that Savannah Spurlock was trying avoid her court date as well. I just don't think Sheena would put her kids and family through this just to avoid court, at least without confiding in somebody. Her sister seems very close to her.

I forgot about the pending court case. Wasn't that for a failure to appear charge?
Her Feb 25th appearance is for a DUI and three other moving violations.
KCOJ Docket

1 0001360 CARELESS DRIVING 9DI153151-1
2 0004990 FAILURE TO WEAR SEAT BELTS 9DI153151-2
3 0002660 COMMUNICATION DEVICE VIOLATION, 1ST OFF 9DI153151-3
4 0021080 OP MV UNDER/INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL/DRUGS, ETC. .08 1ST OFF 9DI153151-4

What is bad is that she likely left in a vehicle and the driver has not stepped forward, as far as we know. Why?

anyone recall if the guy her sister believes picked her up has been named?

Also, in the WLEX 5pm newscast there was a quick view of an old barn. I only caught a glimpse but will look for it again, if WLEX updates their .com
I think I know exactly where that barn is & if I’m correct, there is a rather large body of water (man made) and semi trucks on site. Moo. Again, I need to see the barn again before I know for certain. If it is where I think, it would be slightly to the east of Georgetown. Moo

I remember the speculation that Savannah Spurlock was trying avoid her court date as well. I just don't think Sheena would put her kids and family through this just to avoid court, at least without confiding in somebody. Her sister seems very close to her.
I agree. At first I thought maybe she was avoiding the court date, but after this long I don’t think so. And her family /bf don’t seem to think that with as public they’ve been about her disappearance. You would think they’d be in on it or at least have suspicions if she were just avoiding court.

I wonder what led them to the transportation company?

Maybe one of her boyfriends past or present has his CDL.
Phoenix hires a lot. They also have a lot of PT guys that do weekend runs. Moo

eta: it is not quite 7 & it is DARK. I wonder if sister is unsure of the time Sheena left, not that it makes a dif’, imo.

I'm completely speculating. I think she met up with someone before meeting her boyfriend for their planned evening. I think maybe she met someone new to her for what was supposed to be a very brief meeting, hence, as @Trudie says, the daughter sees her gesturing. This meeting, however, turns into, "Hey, we need to go for a quick ride first." And I think things went awry from there.

I truly hope she is okay and is located but the more time that passes, the more worrying this is.

@Trudie, is this place a hive of illegal activity of all sorts? The bit I saw on Google Earth looked like fairly well kept mobile homes. Not the nicest, but certainly not the worst. (I worked for a long time at a trailer park, I can tell some stories.)

Also, what the heck is the pic in your avatar??

BBM This is where my mind is going as well.

BBM This is where my mind is going as well.

if Sheena actually gestured to someone, imo the person had never been to the trailer park. From looking at her FB, I am speculating most of her local friends would know where to find her & would not need gesturing in.
But, a child might have misinterpreted something.
Moo
Since she did not scream, which I believe would have been heard, I believe she entered a vehicle on her own volition.
Possibly she did leave with someone that dropped her elsewhere? Perhaps the driver provided LE with info.
Moo

Going back through and this source Volunteer group searches for missing mother of 3 in Scott County says

“Crumley says the bag was still in the jeep, but her sister was nowhere to be found.”

I hadn’t seen that clarified. On the Jeep and on the ground are two very different things. Going back through the reports I’m realizing the verbiage never says it was on the ground just that they went outside and found her stuff there. But this confirms her car was still there. I wonder if it was locked or not.

(Is WS acting up for anyone else? It’s driving me mad!)

Yes, WS is lagging! I guess the arrest of Lori Vallow is causing chaos, lol.

yes @unknown402 the bag has been a source of confusion. On the ground, in the car, etc. I don’t know why it is newsworthy it is still in the car if Sheena put it in the car.

On another note, As far as the search at the trucking company, I think Sheena’s family and a few pals expressed concern over one of her exes, so LE checked out his alibi and his place of employment. I just scanned inmates & it appears no one associated with her was arrested. Moo

Last edited:

From the video in the article:
[BBM]

[WLEX.TV News Anchors]:
"Police say a tip in the case of missing 32-year-old mother Sheena Baxter led to a search at a trucking company this afternoon. LEX18's Michael Berk is live at Phoenix Transportation in Georgetown [KY] with this update."

[LEX18 News Reporter, Michael Berk]:
"Good evening. This has been an active scene since around 3 this afternoon. It's tough to make out what's going on behind me because this is private property and we did have to respect the wishes of Phoenix Transportation. But Law Enforcement has been here since, as mentioned, about 3 o'clock this afternoon showing interest in a particular truck that's here at Phoenix Transportation. Scott County Sheriff's deputies and Georgetown Police have been here and they have been searching for 32-year-old Sheena Baxter since her disappearance on Friday evening from her sister's Georgetown home -- that happened just outside her sister's home, actually, when she went outside to take a bag to her car -- and no one has heard or seen her since."

"They came here to follow a lead that Sheriff Tony Hampton said wasn't necessarily a concrete lead, in terms of a connection to Ms. Baxter's disappearance, but he said it was certainly one worth following."

[Scott County Sheriff Tony Hampton]:
"Right now, we're here following up on leads looking for Ms. Baxter. We've been to other places doing the same thing; this just happens to be where we're at at this time. We do ask that anyone who has any information on this to please contact either Scott County Sheriff's Office or the Georgetown Police Department, and pass that information along. We'd like more than anything to reunite Ms. Baxter with her family and children, and hope for a good turnout in this."

[LEX18 Reporter, Michael Berk]:
"Sheriff Hampton -- obviously in a tough spot. He would like to share as much information as possible, but he needs to be very careful obviously to protect the investigation, not to jeopardize the investigation, as the search for the Scott County mother of three continues as Sheena Baxter is missing since Valentine's Day last Friday."

"We're live in Scott County, I'm Michael Berk, LEX18 News."

Last edited:
Yes, WS is lagging! I guess the arrest of Lori Vallow is causing chaos, lol.

yes @unknown402 the bag has been a source of confusion. On the ground, in the car, etc. I don’t know why it is newsworthy it is still in the car if Sheena put it in the car.

On another note, As far as the search at the trucking company, I think Sheena’s family and a few pals expressed concern over one of her exes, so LE checked out his alibi and his place of employment. I just scanned inmates & it appears no one associated with her was arrested. Moo
WHAT????? OMG I did not know Lori Vallow was arrested! I better get over to check it out! Thx!

Her bag was found in her jeep. She was outside putting that bag in the jeep. Her sister lives in Ponderosa Trailer Park. Her 1 daughter lives with the sister where she went missing, and the other 2, I believe with their dad. She was an addict, not sure about now. Either way, no one deserves this.
Welcome to Websleuths, Someoneknows911.

If you know Sheena or her family, please consider becoming a verified insider by following this link: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

The rules here require that anything you state as fact must be backed up by a link, but as a VI, you'll be able to provide information without one.

I hope you'll consider it. :) MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles
Back