GUILTY KY - Trey Zwicker, 14, beaten to death, Louisville, 11 May 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mister defense attorney, someone is streaming the trial on the internet but the audio is crappy, just sayin' :doh:

This is both sweet and sad... Dang

I teared up hearing and thinking about the cruelty that little boy has endured and will endure in his life. He also had a speech impediment and was hard to understand. I imagined he might be in the news later on as an adult when he blew up at some loud mouth and shot him dead.

So has the State met it's burden?

I say yes that Josh Young was involved with the murder of Trey Zwicker.

http://www.totalcriminaldefense.com/crimes-a-z/complicity/

I don't know. The only 'proof' that I see is the testimony of a few people saying that Little Josh said he killed Trey and Cassie helped him dispose of the clothing.

IF that's true, then yes, LJ is guilty of complicity. But I don't trust any of those people. They're all proven liars.

Then there are the people who testified that Big Josh admitted to killing Trey. So do we believe them?

If I have two different testimonies, and I don't know who to believe, I can't really convict, right?

I can't recall a trial where an attorney during closing arguments has played snippets of witness testimony from the trial. Usually the jurors are instructed to recall the evidence they have heard.

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 43s

Prosecutor Elizabeth Jones Brown: "So closings are Friday? I'm running out of suits is why I ask."

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 40s

Both sides would want jurors to come back and deliberate on Saturday. One reporter is not for that plan.

Paige Quiggins WDRB ‏@PaigeWDRB 56s

Defense wants jury to be sequestered if they get out late on Friday... If #JoshuaYoung is convicted, he will be sentenced Monday

Paige Quiggins WDRB ‏@PaigeWDRB 52s

Defense says they haven't made a final decision on whether #JoshuaYoung will testify... But says it's "unlikely"

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 40s

If jury does not reach a verdict by midnight Friday..both sides want jurors to come back Saturday to continue deliberations #JoshYoung

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 32s

If #JoshYoung found guilty..penalty phase will not take place until Monday. @WLKY

Oh, Oh, prosecutor complaining about her pay...lol.... They might want to turn the mic off

Defense said they will take less than half of a day to present case. Still want to close Friday.

That is what I was wondering if the defense doesn't have a case.

The last few trial's I have watched the defense has had no case.

I still think that the prosecution did not put on enough evidence though. jmo
Unless you include all of the snitches.

Prosecutor Elizabeth Jones Brown: "So closings are Friday? I'm running out of suits is why I ask."

Thank you all for the recaps of this morning! This tweet has got to be the best from this morning...........Does anyone really care if the prosecutor shows up in a suit she already wore earlier in the trial? LOL Maybe she is trying out for a tv show.......a reality show with really bad audio.

Thank you all for the recaps of this morning! This tweet has got to be the best from this morning...........Does anyone really care if the prosecutor shows up in a suit she already wore earlier in the trial? LOL Maybe she is trying out for a tv show.......a reality show with really bad audio.

this is a John Grisham dream.. Thats what I think... We all woke up in J Grishams head...

April 2010 -- Angelina Young, Joshua’s mother, dies of a drug overdose.
April 2010-March 2011 -- Joshua Young lives in a series of foster homes, finding a stable home with Susan and Chuck Stoneburger for several months.
September 29, 2010 -- Joshua Gouker, Young's father, is released from prison.
March 2011 -- Gouker regains custody of his son, Joshua Young.
May 10, 2011 -- Trey Zwicker, 14, is beaten to death.
June 23, 2011 -- Joshua Young, 15, is arrested in connection with the death of Trey Zwicker.
November 17, 2011 -- Joshua Young is charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence.
July 26, 2012 -- Joshua Young is charged with complicity to murder and complicity to tampering with physical evidence.
July 26, 2012 -- Joshua Young's father, Joshua Gouker, is charged with murder, wanton endangerment and unlawful transaction with a minor, tampering with physical evidence, torture of a dog or cat and persistent felony offender.
August 15, 2012 -- The prosecutor dismisses murder and tampering charges against Joshua Young, but complicity to murder and complicity to tamper remain.
August 20, 2012 -- Joshua Gouker, is arraigned on a charge of murder. He blurts out to the judge that he killed Zwicker and acted alone.
August 22, 2012 -- Joshua Young pleads not guilty at his arraignment.
May 10, 2013 -- Joshua Gouker pleads guilty to Zwicker’s murder.
July 26, 2013 -- Gouker is sentenced to life for the murder of Zwicker.
July 29, 2013 -- Joshua Young stands trial for complicity to murder and complicity to tampering with physical evidence. Jury selection begins.

LInk: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/29/joshua-young-trial-trey-zwicker-timeline-gouker

"November 17, 2011 -- Joshua Young is charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence."
So Josh Young was originally charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence.........

And then on July 26th, 2012 Josh Gouker is charged with murder and Josh Young is then charged with complicity to murder.....this must have been when Gouker found out Young was being charged as an adult and admitted to the murder himself. This entire thing is strange.......

Usually, by this time in a case, I have a clear idea of what happened. But I am still confused in this one. But I am afraid thayt is what JG is aiming for. He is trying to confuse everyone and hoping 'reasonable doubt' will prevail. JMO

As long as she doesn't wear the suit she had on yesterday. The one with the trim around the sleeves and along the bottom of the jacket. *hideous*

Also, did we ever get a TOD? I don't think we did which leaves me with huge reasonable doubt.

As long as she doesn't wear the suit she had on yesterday. The one with the trim around the sleeves and along the bottom of the jacket. *hideous*

Also, did we ever get a TOD? I don't think we did which leaves me with huge reasonable doubt.

I read the autopsy report and couldn't find a time of death. Funny, I usually don't notice their clothes, but that outfit she had yesterday was so bad I actually commented to myself how awful it looked. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader