LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
USA Network has pushed back the premiere of the sniper series “Shooter” after three police officers were killed by a gunman in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the cable channel announced Monday.
“After further consideration, USA Network, Paramount TV and Universal Cable Productions have decided to move the premiere of SHOOTER to the fall,” USA said in a statement.
It was the second time this month that the drama has been postponed because of tragic real-life events.
The series had originally been set to debut July 19 but was delayed one week following the July 7 attack by a sniper on police officers in Dallas, which left five dead.

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=htt...r-premiere-delayed-after-baton-rouge-shooting
20766824-mmmain.jpg

[FONT=&]Monday night, the stadium was lit in blue lights in a poignant tribute ....Baton Rouge

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2016/07/tiger_stadium_turns_blue_to_ho.html

[/FONT]
[h=1]How America’s Police Are Responding to Baton Rouge and Dallas[/h]
Baltimore, the police department is requiring that two cars respond to all calls. In Chicago, officers now patrol neighborhoods in pairs. And in Los Angeles, the department is shifting officers to serve as extra backup while increasing the number of helicopters flying above the city.
Following the horrific attacks on police officers in Baton Rouge and Dallas, which left eight cops dead and 10 wounded, law enforcement around the country are responding by adjusting strategy, changing tactics and adopting measures they hope will guard against similar plots.
Some of the most extensive changes are happening in LA, where on Sunday Mayor Eric Garcetti announced that officers from LAPD’s Metropolitan Division, which normally deals with crime suppression and community-based policing efforts, would temporarily assist those on patrol.
... mandating two cops in a car is the most common tactic he’s seen from departments following the fatal shootings. ...
........ Albuquerque, the police department has issued two mandates in the last couple weeks to make sure its officers use a “buddy system” in responding to calls. Police in Burlington, Vt., have suspended solo patrols. And in Chicago, the department has mandated two-officer
....... have an officer on the call for service and the additional officer can focus on the environment itself,” says Lt. Jarron Jackson, a Baltimore Police Department public information officer.
The shootings have concerned some police departments that rank-and-file officers will retreat from engaging with high-crime communities, something Chicago’s police leadership is monitoring. ....
“Police officers know this is a risky job,”

http://time.com/4411617/police-change-tactics-baton-rouge-shooting/

"EXCLUSIVE: NYPD posts helmeted cops with high-powered guns outside precincts; measure follows cop slayings in Baton Rouge, Dallas"
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...high-powered-guns-precincts-article-1.2717029

There is a link above with info about his childhood, fyi.

I think he left the military because his stint was up. Until proven otherwise, I don't think there was any other reason except his five years were up.

If he was in the hospital as his friend stated, it was after his military service and seems to be for an injury not illness. But, I'd like more confirmation than a friend's vague recollection, ykwim?

I know four years or six years are more typical but it's possible he applied for an received an extension.

I belatedly ran across this post about the Dallas shootings by our local county sheriff, Corey Falls. I think it is relevant to this thread. Falls happens to be a person of color elected recently in a mostly white county. He has instituted a number of training programs for deputies that other departments would be wise to emulate, if they haven't already. Obviously, these programs won't prevent what happened in Dallas and Baton Rouge, because both of those men were radical extremists. But over the very long haul this training could prevent the actions and defuse some of the anger that perhaps fuel these attacks. They can't hurt and might help.

At the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, we have implemented several training programs and are working on more to engage our underrepresented populations and community as a whole. This includes training on Implicit Bias, Fair and Impartial Policing, Police Legitimacy and Procedural Justice, Policing the LGBTQ Community, Latino Project, and Racial and Bias-Based Profiling.

He describes each program and ends with this comment:

In light of recent events, many citizens and law enforcement professionals feel they are under attack. As your Sheriff, I will work to protect our deputies from harm, and to prepare them to relate with all citizens in a respectful manner. We do not have to choose one or the other; these two concepts can – and should – both be priorities for our community.

http://jacksoncountyor.org/sheriff/News/ArtMID/4325/ArticleID/246602

A few years ago I was in Costa Rico and saw armed police. It was a frightening sight. What a crazy world we live in,

It is crazy. I've seen what you have in several countries, but I've also seen some police in European and Caribbean countries who do not appear to carry any firearms. What comes to mind is the saying, "you don't bring a knife to a gunfight". I want to believe that most police forces would arm themselves to protect against the potential level of threats they face.
But, in these officers' deaths, not much could have protected them from the ambush, IMO. I cannot imagine being a LEO today and wondering 24/7 if I'm going to be the victim of such an attack that could start anywhere and not even see the shooter. It's sad.

A few years ago I was in Costa Rico and saw armed police. It was a frightening sight. What a crazy world we live in,

Years ago I saw Polizei armed with uzis at the airport in Munich. It was frightening and I was worried I might do something wrong and get their attention. Years after that they were in my apartment building when Russian athletes were staying in the building. For those few days I scurried in and out of my apartment and didn't do anything else in the building. I understood why they were there - after the 1972 Olympics they became extremely vigilant. I felt afraid of them and also afraid their presence meant something was about to happen. I felt the same way during the G20. It's hard to separate (at least for me) officers dressed like that and inevitable violence.

What a crazy world we live in.

Police union condemns local leader for inciting violence with t-shirt

http://www.wbrz.com/news/police-union-condemns-local-leader-for-inciting-violence-with-t-shirt

We have all witnessed one of our local “leaders” wearing an inflammatory t-shirt at the recent protests which only served to instigate and validate violence against law enforcement. Now she claims to grieve with all of law enforcement. The future of our Country and the safety of our citizens should take precedence over rhetoric and political gain. Now is not the time to give uninformed personal opinions that only serve to undermine law enforcement and incite hate and chaos during this crucial time.

Years ago I saw Polizei armed with uzis at the airport in Munich. It was frightening and I was worried I might do something wrong and get their attention. Years after that they were in my apartment building when Russian athletes were staying in the building. For those few days I scurried in and out of my apartment and didn't do anything else in the building. I understood why they were there - after the 1972 Olympics they became extremely vigilant. I felt afraid of them and also afraid their presence meant something was about to happen. I felt the same way during the G20. It's hard to separate (at least for me) officers dressed like that and inevitable violence.

What a crazy world we live in.

I was in Germany in 72. Not in Munich. I was living there for three months. I never got the same feeling of hatred and paranoia as I am seeing now.

It is crazy. I've seen what you have in several countries, but I've also seen some police in European and Caribbean countries who do not appear to carry any firearms. What comes to mind is the saying, "you don't bring a knife to a gunfight". I want to believe that most police forces would arm themselves to protect against the potential level of threats they face.
But, in these officers' deaths, not much could have protected them from the ambush, IMO. I cannot imagine being a LEO today and wondering 24/7 if I'm going to be the victim of such an attack that could start anywhere and not even see the shooter. It's sad.

Yes, England . It was interesting to be there maybe 15 years ago. There were no trash cans cuz of fear of bombs. But police had no guns.

I was there for three weeks. Not one murder. And London has millions of people. Can you imagine the same in a city in the US? And they have people from all over the world.

Baton Rouge shooter ranted at Dallas barbershop days before attack, newspaper says

The owner said Long came by July 9 and introduced himself as Setepenra as he asked customers to give his books to young people. He left the business after speaking there for less than five minutes, the incident captured on a body camera he wore around his neck.

Body cam video at link.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/07/baton_rouge_shooter_ranted_at.html#incart_most-read_

He wore a body cam to counteract / document being tracked by the gov. I posted a link upthread about his advice to other people who thought they were being stalked to wear body cams. I can pull it up again if anyone wants it.

He wore a body cam to counteract / document being tracked by the gov. I posted a link upthread about his advice to other people who thought they were being stalked to wear body cams. I can pull it up again if anyone wants it.

I missed that. If you have the link handy, I'd appreciate it. TIA

Here's another posting he did on a site about stalking. This one is from 2015.

cosmo717 April 20, 2015 at 9:39 am
What is your email? Email me at rico717@gmail.com
I’ve got solution’s.
Lets all start:
1. Wearing Body Camera’s

2. Before you move into neighborhood, put every house on notice to what gang stalking is with link’s to websites & videos & program names. And Let them know your situation, standing & your philosophy on life

3. Start telling the companies’s, worker’s, & managers & owners that we are going to expose your involvement and rate your poor performances & games on the internet on sites like Yelp, Google Map’s & the Yellow Pages etc. as horrible service & accessories to Gang Stalking. (Not only will this spread the word to others who view the businesses, but will inform fellow T.I.s as well)

https://webcache.googleusercontent....talking.com/about/+&cd=13&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Today, video from inside a barber shop the shooter visited in Dallas to promote his book was released. The video was from the shooter's own body cam. I am bumping up this post as reference to the shooter's online advice about wearing body cams....along with other suggestions to people who think they are being stalked by the gov.

Baton Rouge shooter ranted at Dallas barbershop days before attack, newspaper says

The owner said Long came by July 9 and introduced himself as Setepenra as he asked customers to give his books to young people. He left the business after speaking there for less than five minutes, the incident captured on a body camera he wore around his neck.

Body cam video at link.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/07/baton_rouge_shooter_ranted_at.html#incart_most-read_

Good lord, it is amazing to me, the more that we see, that noone , as far as we know, ever called LE on him and he was invol committed for eval. He is not oriented to reality. Who goes to get a haircut and some other patron is in there yelling and making no sense?

He is activily psycotic in this video, he cant stay on track, his talking his tangential, everyone in the room (from what we can see- his hands are going all over the place) are totally looking at him like, oh he is just mental.

I would love to have seen the very beginning - where it starts - did he just open the door and spewing nonsensical utterances - that is schizophrenic or psycotic epioside

he can stay on track a tiny bit...

some of it is very telling imo:

speculation of course

focusing on having a "purpose"

an alpha man is a REAL terrorist ( his wife started divorce/ lost his job -- emasculating enties?)

He mentions being a softie, while pointing out he is not --back to real man

he ties homosexuality to "softie"

Belief he was educating people by what he was about to do??

I am here for you -- sacrificing myself.

He mentions getting on TV/ being a mans man and ties it directly to a terrorist

he talks about "being out in these streets" (Dallas?)

grandisoty - telling everyone his name, with belief that it means something to others.(right after talking about being "great")

He has been "chosen"

things have influence (what happened the week before?)

In thinking about it the titles of his books are tangential!!

[FONT=&quot]“The Cosmo Way: A W(H)olistic Guide for the Total Transformation of Melanated People.”[/FONT]

moo

short piece 22 seconds in

[video=youtube;avbfd_OkLoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avbfd_OkLoU[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member