LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Heavy:

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/gavin...er-gunman-suspect-name-identified-age-photos/

“Little is known so far about Gavin Eugene Long. His birthday was Sunday, July 17, according to public records. He turned 29.”

“Long served in the Marine Corps, CBS News reports. He left the Marines in 2010 with an honorable discharge as a sergeant at the E-5 level.”

“The Los Angeles Times, citing a federal law enforcement official, says Long was a “black separatist,” but did not provide any other details.“

“Public records show Long has lived in Kansas City and Grandview, Missouri. He has also lived in San Diego, California, and Tuscaloosa, Alabama. No ties to Louisiana have been found.”

“A reporter from Kansas City says she went to the address where Long lived and was met by someone armed with a gun:”​

Nothing etched in stone.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a black separatist?

Didn't they say one of them had ties? Maybe its the other two and not him?

RBBM: Has it been confirmed there are two others? Who said? Seriously, where is this info coming from? There were original reports of 1 shooter and they were looking for two others. At the press conference, the Sheriff said he was the sole shooter. I'm so confused...

No, there isn't. I guarantee you that as we type, there are folks scouring the bushes and their sources about Long and what he has been involved in.

Once we learn what those things are, there will be no shortage of words written about whatever his alleged New Freedom Group and "maybe" sovereign citizen connection.

It may be that if he is connected to a New Freedom Group that it is totally unrelated to sovereign citizens.

I follow that stuff somewhat closely and I will certainly share here what I find coming up in this regard, whether it indicates he was a believer in that ideology, or not.
<bbm>

IF he is found to be a follower/believer of that ideology, it may be discussed here. If he is NOT, it is not open for discussion in this thread.

I think anyone no matter what group they belong to can be cop haters. Police officers work for the government whether its federal, state or local.

Indeed they are public servants. We pay them.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a black separatist?

BLACK SEPARATIST

"Black separatists typically oppose integration and racial intermarriage, and they want separate institutions -- or even a separate nation -- for blacks. Most forms of black separatism are strongly anti-white and anti-Semitic, and a number of religious versions assert that blacks are the Biblical "chosen people" of God."

From SPLC:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/black-separatist

<modsnip>

Am I advocating killing people who made this career their choice , no Pilots choose dangeroues jobs, Skyscraper builders choose dangeroes jobs. Some jobs involve more risk than others.

There is a cause and effect going on here, and until that is understood this is not going to stop MOO

1Logging workers110.978
2Fishers and related fishing workers80.822
3Aircraft pilots and flight engineers6482
4Roofers47.483
5Refuse and recyclable material collectors35.827
6Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers26.7270
7Structural iron and steel workers25.215
8Driver/sales workers and truck drivers24.7880
9Electrical power-line installers and repairers19.225
10Taxi drivers and chauffeurs1868
11First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers17.9130
12Construction laborers16.9208
13First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers16.433
14Maintenance and repairs workers, general14.468
15Police and sheriff's patrol officers13.597
16Grounds maintenance workers13.1158
17First-line supervisors of mechanics, installers, and repairers12.338
18Painters, construction and maintenance10.846
19Electricians10.479
Telecommunications line installers and repairers1019

http://time.com/4326676/dangerous-jobs-america/

imrs.php

I think the differences that most of the other fatalities in other occupations come from mistakes by the worker themselves or something related to the equipment they are working with. In LE, a lot of the deaths come at the hands of others. If my husband's plane goes down, chances are it's his fault or an airplane malfunction rather than a criminal killing him at work. JMO

<modsnip>

Am I advocating killing people who made this career their choice , no Pilots choose dangeroues jobs, Skyscraper builders choose dangeroes jobs. Some jobs involve more risk than others.

There is a cause and effect going on here, and until that is understood this is not going to stop MOO

1Logging workers110.978
2Fishers and related fishing workers80.822
3Aircraft pilots and flight engineers6482
4Roofers47.483
5Refuse and recyclable material collectors35.827
6Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers26.7270
7Structural iron and steel workers25.215
8Driver/sales workers and truck drivers24.7880
9Electrical power-line installers and repairers19.225
10Taxi drivers and chauffeurs1868
11First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers17.9130
12Construction laborers16.9208
13First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers16.433
14Maintenance and repairs workers, general14.468
15Police and sheriff's patrol officers13.597
16Grounds maintenance workers13.1158
17First-line supervisors of mechanics, installers, and repairers12.338
18Painters, construction and maintenance10.846
19Electricians10.479
Telecommunications line installers and repairers1019

http://time.com/4326676/dangerous-jobs-america/

imrs.php

Imo, that is very misleading information. Just to count the deaths of police officers is highly misleading. No other profession on our soil is assaulted/attacked and attempted to be murdered any more than our police officers. Per the FBI almost 50K last year fit that dangerous category. They DO have the most dangerous job. Just a couple of weeks ago another officer was ambushed and his life is over as he knew it. He will forever have to have a machine breathe for him. He is not counted in your statistics but he is just as severely injured and he is not alone by any means.

The other occupational deaths are accidents. Its no accident when cops are ambushed by a murderer or attempted murderer or intentionally run over with a vehicle.

And being unarmed is no guarantee the person isn't very dangerous either. We saw that in the Mike Brown case when he assaulted Officer Wilson and tried to take his service revolver away from him and then came back to bum rush him so he could attack him again after the officer had repeatedly told him to stop.

<modsnip>

I do agree with you on one part Cariis. These senseless murders of totally innocent police officers isn't going to stop. :( Our nation now seems consumed by violence, rage and hatred.

IMO

Louisiana’s governor reported Sunday afternoon that one of three law enforcement officers injured in Baton Rouge ‘‘is fighting for his life.’’

A police spokesman said two ‘‘persons of interest’’ in the killings of the police officers have been detained near Baton Rouge.

"Rest assured, every resource available to the State of Louisiana will be used to ensure the perpetrators are swiftly brought to justice,’’ Edwards said in a statement. A witness told television station WAFB that he saw a masked man in black shorts and shirt running from the scene where the three officers were killed. Brady Vancel said the man looked like a pedestrian running with a rifle in his hand, rather than someone trained to move with a rifle.

Vancel said he had gone to work on a flooring job near the gas station when he heard semi-automatic gunfire and perhaps a handgun. He saw a man in a red shirt lying in an empty parking lot and ‘‘another gunman running away as more shots were being fired back and forth from several guns.’’

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2016/07/17/batonrougecops/OchZ6yrUOh1lfL27r86NwM/story.html

Please discuss the case only as presented via MSM and LE. Leave politics/POTUS, gun control, race/religion out of this discussion. If Admin decides to relax the rules on any of those topics, we'll let you know.
:tyou:

Please, please, everyone heed this warning or we will be shut down just like the Dallas page. I realize that all of us here are being nice to one another, but there are just certain topics that we're not allowed to talk about. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imo, that is very misleading information. Just to count the deaths of police officers is highly misleading. No other profession on our soil is assaulted/attacked and attempted to be murdered any more than our police officers. Per the FBI almost 50K last year fit that dangerous category. They DO have the most dangerous job. Just a couple of weeks ago another officer was ambushed and his life is over as he knew it. He will forever have to have a machine breathe for him. He is not counted in your statistics but he is just as severely injured and he is not alone by any means.

The other occupational deaths are accidents. Its no accident when cops are ambushed by a murderer or attempted murderer or intentionally run over with a vehicle.

And being unarmed is no guarantee the person isn't very dangerous either. We saw that in the Mike Brown case when he assaulted Officer Wilson and tried to take his service revolver away from him and then came back to bum rush him so he could attack him again after the officer had repeatedly told him to stop.

I know you don't mean it this way but it is like you are giving excuses to AA who go out and coldly murder other officers that had absolutely nothing to do with any AAs being shot. Do you not care about the whites and Hispanics too who are shot and killed far more often per year than AAs? Just wondering that's all.

I do agree with you on one part Cariis. These senseless murders of totally innocent police officers isn't going to stop. :( Our nation now seems consumed by violence, rage and hatred.

IMO

It's possible to care about more than one thing or one group of people. Also - LEOs are killed by people of every race. Many are killed in car accidents.

It's possible to care about more than one thing or one group of people. Also - LEOs are killed by people of every race. Many are killed in car accidents.

I never see another race being cared about. Of course they are killed by every race and people of all races are shot and killed by police officers of all races. Yes, they have a dangerous job even in their vehicles when trying to apprehend the fleeing suspect, and are killed in automobile accidents, and some are run over by the perpetrators as well.

I am somewhat jaded. I grew up in East Harlem, NYC, during the 60's. We had Malcolm X, the Black Panthers, and the never ending flow of heroin to contend with. I never heard any of our neighbors talk about killing police officers at all. We heard a lot of talk, but saw very little action in stopping the flow of highly addictive drugs coming into our community, or any help with the severely substandard schools there. It was all talk. I dislike politics and politicians. The only thing I saw that ever helped anyone in my neighborhood was securing a decent job. jmo

I never see another race being cared about. Of course they are killed by every race and people of all races are shot and killed by police officers of all races. Yes, they have a dangerous job even in their vehicles when trying to apprehend the fleeing suspect, and are killed in automobile accidents, and some are run over by the perpetrators as well.

I'm sorry you've had that experience. I can't say it's familiar to me though. I know lots people who care about anyone murdered no matter who pulled the trigger. I've seen threads here where other posters care about victims and race or gender or age or profession don't matter. Just look at the outpouring for the officers in Dallas or the officers today. We care about victims and we want to see justice.

***Warning: this video contains adult language that some may find offensive***

[video=youtube;9_5QHKoA3Kg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5QHKoA3Kg[/video]

Gavin Long video.

Link upthread (CBS)

Finally. A MSM article with the word "confirmed" in it. I'll be watching this station - local to where shooter lived - for more info. In the meantime:

"Long was a former Marine, according to CBS News. He graduated from Grandview High School in 2005. The University of Alabama confirms Long attended the university for a semester in 2012 and made the Dean's List. The university says UAPD did not have any interaction with him as a student. "

http://www.ksla.com/story/32464339/...-baton-rouge-shooting-from-metro?sf31148835=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beruptus
Back