GUILTY LA - Levi Cole Ellerbe, 6 mos, kidnapped, burned to death, Natchitoches, 17 Jul 2018 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Richland Parrish Jail for Smith:
http://www.richland.lavns.org/

When I click on her name it goes to Vinelink - and I'm blocked from that over there. Maybe there is a court date?

and no court dates listed on the Caddo parish inmate list.
This is what I got when I tried to go there...

We were unable to find any records that matched your search.
You searched with
Located inLouisiana
ID Number2018070193
Some reasons why your search may be unsuccessful:
  • Double-check your spelling
  • Try different search parameters
  • Record tracking facility is offline and status updates are not currently available
  • Holding facility is in a non-participating area
  • Search is not available for high-profile offenders/defendants
I'm guessing it's this last reason.

Woman indicted on murder charge in burned baby case

A Natchitoches Parish grand jury has indicted one woman in the case of a 6-month-old baby who died after being found in a fire.

Felicia Marie-Nicole Smith, 26, was indicted on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of Levi Cole Ellerbe. The indictment was announced Thursday afternoon by the Natchitoches Parish District Attorney's Office.

[...]

Levi's mother, 22-year-old Hanna Nicole Barker, also was arrested in the case. The grand jury pretermitted that case, which means that it requested more information in order to proceed with its work as the investigation continues.

The 10th Judicial District Court has issued a gag order in the case, according to DA Billy Joe Harrington.

[...]

Happy Birthday, Niner!!!!!!

83x83px-LL-5e1c3da5_thankyou.gif
perfectingpink!!

Indictment: Natchitoches woman set baby on fire, went to work
After Felicia Marie-Nicole Smith set baby Levi Cole Ellerbe on fire, she left him and went to work at IHOP, according to the indictment against her.
The indictment reads that Smith took Levi from the Mayberry Trailer Park home of his mother, Hanna Nicole Barker, around 9:10 p.m. on July 17. She left the park in the 5600 block of the La. Highway 1 Bypass and took the boy about a mile away, to the 700 block of Myrtle Street.

It states that Smith poured gasoline on the baby and set him on fire. Then she went to work just before 10 p.m., it reads.
Both women remain in jail. Smith is being held in Richland Parish, while Barker is in Caddo Parish.

Smith poured gasoline on Levi and set him on fire - while he was alive. IMO it takes a monster to do something so horrific to another human, let alone a helpless baby. I do my best to keep emotionally distanced from the really bad cases here but this kicked me in the gut.

IMO only a psychopath could be capable of such an act and therefore Smith needs to be kept away from society for the rest of her life. MOO.

another article....

Woman lit gasoline-soaked baby on fire, then started her IHOP shift, Louisiana records say

But according to newly-released court records, the mother and another woman are responsible for burning the child alive — and after lighting the fire, the other woman went straight to her shift at IHOP, Alexandria Town Talk reports.
[.....]
A judge’s gag order has prevented authorities from releasing more information as the investigation into the two women continues, a spokesperson for the fire marshal told McClatchy.

A grand jury indicted Smith on the first-degree murder charge late last month, according to Natchitoches Parish District Attorney Billy Joe Harrington. A grand jury requested more evidence on the murder charge facing the mother, prosecutors said.

“These cases are still under investigation,” Harrington said in a statement. “As additional evidence is obtained and presented, we will proceed accordingly.”

I don't know what abuse is worse than others... when they end in death. Torturing over the period of months, weeks, etc, burying alive, throwing into gator infested waters and walking away, or burning alive... but every time I open this thread, I get chills at the depth of evil. Poor little Levi, defenseless, unable to even get himself something to eat, or get out of wet/soiled clothing, and yet, up against the evil this pair had. He didn't have a chance, no voice, it just makes me shake.

To know that she set him on fire before 10 and the call didn’t go into 911 until 10:25? And he was still alive at that point...to suffer for that long...I have to stop myself from imagining it as it just makes me too ill and too angry.

To know that she set him on fire before 10 and the call didn’t go into 911 until 10:25? And he was still alive at that point...to suffer for that long...I have to stop myself from imagining it as it just makes me too ill and too angry.
A while back I did some extensive research into such burns and it's likely that baby Levi died before the real pain set in. I won't get into details but he was probably in shock for most of it. I know that's not much consolation but sometimes we take what we can get.

It's doubtful that Smith knew what pain he would or wouldn't feel and didn't give a damn anyway. I hope she and Levi's mother rot in jail for the rest of their lives!!

Smith poured gasoline on Levi and set him on fire - while he was alive. IMO it takes a monster to do something so horrific to another human, let alone a helpless baby. I do my best to keep emotionally distanced from the really bad cases here but this kicked me in the gut.

IMO only a psychopath could be capable of such an act and therefore Smith needs to be kept away from society for the rest of her life. MOO.

I'm in complete agreement with you. As a history buff I can tell you that burning people, is only reserved for the worst of the worst. I mean Henry VIII beheaded his wives but he only burned heretics. It's just unfathomable to me someone could do this to an innocent baby?

This is horrifying. Who could do this to an innocent little baby?
The devil himself, or someone who has that being in him/her. (Not necessarily a religious reference, but that was the meanest, vilest thing I could think when reading this horror. Grrrrr.
Does La have the Death Penalty? -- Already thinking about it.

Clearly they didn't care, but that isn't their motive. People who simply don't care pawn children off on relatives, neglect them, etc. Burning a l8ving baby is beyond the realm of not caring.
bbm
What kind of human beings were inside those women? What kind?

Many of us have seen horrible cases where a child/baby is horribly murdered, and many of us have said something like, "The Death Penalty is too good for people such as these," and correctly IMO. Although I'm a screaming liberal, I've seen too many horrible cases to discard the DP. This one here is one of the worst. One that is equally evil and cruel is the case of sweet little Teghan Skiba, but little Levi's cruel and hellish death may be the next one on my list.

Meth is certainly known to ruin so many lives in various types of people -- the users, the ones who loved them, and the ones who trusted and depended on them -- but this horror, IMO, goes beyond the pale of even meth. My intellect and imagination just cannot grasp it.
Please pardon the rant...:oops:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back