LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I was correct, she had to have turned into the big lot past where we see her on Camera, for some reason.

If MS was seen on all cameras at the LCG bldg, does that bldg have cameras all around the perimeter? Did Mickey circle the building?

From looking at the map you posted, would MS have made a 'U' turn around that building?

It was just something that had been in my mind from the very beginning, even before we knew that she was only captured on the camera in front of City Hall, I don't know why, but I put that map up a long time ago.

There are apparently cameras at both back corners. If she is on both, you could deduce her path. If she was heading into Saint Streets, then that wouldn't be an unreasonable route change to head home. But, if she circled back to University.......something irregular seems to be going on. Something. No rumors about the truck through all of this.

Sigh....

Assuming that the yet unknown POI knows everyone is looking for his truck AND assuming this POI did I...he's sweating.

He doesn't know who he can trust and knows he has acquaintances that may suspect him....he's going to make a mistake. Someone who knows him perhaps will start to wonder if by silence they could implicate themselves. I don't think we're dealing with rocket scientists here.

Just a gut feel but I think someone is going to hand him to LE if he doesn't trip over his own tracks he's trying to cover and do it himself.

If MS was seen on all cameras at the LCG bldg, does that bldg have cameras all around the perimeter? Did Mickey circle the building?

From looking at the map you posted, would MS have made a 'U' turn around that building?

It's possible, but as far as we know, she didn't do that, and that's according to LE, they may not be releasing all the video. JMHO

I find it very irritating when posters make snide remarks about info. We have locals that are spending numerous hours pounding pavement looking for anything new that can be brought to the case. Chicken Fried is doing an OUTSTANDING job of getting maps together for everyone. I feel it will be much easier when newcomers have questions on locations that we can refer them back to the maps.

Thank you Chicken Fried, ACI, lindsayw & anyone else that i forgot. Your hard work is not going unnoticed! As an out of towner I enjoy getting insight!

I find it very irritating when posters make snide remarks about info. We have locals that are spending numerous hours pounding pavement looking for anything new that can be brought to the case. Chicken Fried is doing an OUTSTANDING job of getting maps together for everyone. I feel it will be much easier when newcomers have questions on locations that we can refer them back to the maps.

Thank you Chicken Fried, ACI, lindsayw & anyone else that i forgot. Your hard work is not going unnoticed! As an out of towner I enjoy getting insight!

Double ditto.

It's sad that that's unsafe. (I'm not mad at u for saying it, I absolutely understand why it's unsafe, I'm just mad that it is unsafe) Just a quick rant.. Mickey going missing makes me sad, but it really, really pisses me off more than anything. It's a shame that riding your bike alone late at night could possibly mean risking your life. When Mickey first went missing, I saw a lot of people asking "why was she riding her bike alone that late anyway" That's just ridiculous IMO that doing that is considered crazy. I'm not mad at the people that asked that, I'm mad that we live in a world where people have to ask that... if that makes sense. I hope whoever abducted her (if that's the case) gets a butt whipping, tortured, and then put to death....
and I'm not even a violent person!

This makes complete sense. I was one of the people who commented that it's dangerous to be out in the middle of the night. And it was for the same reason you state above. It shouldn't be dangerous to ride your bike at night, but the fact remains that it is dangerous. Doing anything alone late at night is dangerous. And anywhere! It really is a shame that this is the world we live in. Crimes will happen any time of the day, but being out alone at night is the most risky, IMO.

And unfortunately, what can we do to change this? I think one of the easiest things we can do to start is to spread awareness about cases like Mickey's and to stress the importance of not going out alone in the middle of the night, and I think this is especially important for young females! I think too many young people don't think about such dangers, but they need to!

I am honored but do not deserve to be included in the same category as Chicken Fried or ACI. Sure I can answer some area-specific questions, but I'm far from a sleuth. I feel my best contribution is when I'm physically out searching. I haven't been able to do so every day b/c of childcare limitations, but I'm out there as much as possible and that is when I feel most productive. Coming here, when I can't be out there, I guess is b/c I would still be thinking about it all day, so I might as well have someone else to think out loud with.Every day I ask myself, "What have I told for Mickey today? For her parents? For her brother and sister? What have I done to help bring Mickey home?" And the days I have searched, I feel like yes, I have done this for Mickey. But, still, it's not enough. She's not home yet!

There are cameras all around the building. There is no way she could be on all of them. Doesn't make sense if you would see where all the cameras are placed. She would have to go all the way around the building. She was probably seen on the ones in the front of hte building and possibly 2 on the sides, that are close to St. Landry and maybe the "gun"-style cameras covering the drive-thru.

Hi All,

First post, and wanted to relay Tim Miller's parting thoughts/comments.

He did an interview with KATC which was edited down, then aired. Here are some bullet points paraphrased:

~We did not get the luck we needed on this one

~We have been very thorough, including working till 330 a.m. one night and bringing in equipment from Indiana.

~Time to let the police department run from here. And, they are a very capable unit.

~Made comments regarding the power of the river. Said he was not sure they would ever find Mickey if she was in there.

~Said they are only four hours away and will be back if needed/new developments.

~Said there is a very small sliver of hope that remains (referring to Mickey being alive). Then followed up that he thought Elizabeth Smart was dead, which she obviously wasn't.

~Also, said it was to be in "God's timing."

I am so grateful for these professionals who do what they do. Which includes providing comfort to the families.

THANK YOU TEXAS EQUIISEARCH!! God bless you all.

There are cameras all around the building. There is no way she could be on all of them. Doesn't make sense if you would see where all the cameras are placed. She would have to go all the way around the building. She was probably seen on the ones in the front of hte building and possibly 2 on the sides, that are close to St. Landry and maybe the "gun"-style cameras covering the drive-thru.

Thats what I think. Riding completely around the building wouldn't make since. I imagine when they say she was seen on all the LCG cameras it means she was seen riding past the LCG building by multiple cameras. Not literally ALL the cameras

If she felt spooked, OR she forgot something at Brently's, she could have made that turn into City Hall lot and gone back toward University, the only thing then is, would that camera that took the photos of the old car around the cemetery have captured her? IF so, then she went down Azalea.

I don't put much hope on this, sorry.
More second hand stuff.

Chicken is out there taking actual pics of the actual spots we are talking about on here and asking questions of the people in those areas - not sure what second hand means to you. It helps the people on here who are not local - and those of us who are but cannot remember small details such as camera placement - get a good sense of the areas involved. Any bit of factual help (pics, maps, etc.) is better than cryptic pessimism. People care and want to help and search and theorize and there's nothing wrong with it, certainly nothing wrong with holding out hope that something will be found in it all as well.

I think Chicken's map showed two cameras on the backside. He checked this out on the ground, I believe.

You're getting the side of the building and the back of the building mixed up. The front of that building faces St. Landry. So the two cameras Chicken points out are on the side of the building, not the back. Chicken's map does not show the ONE camera on the back of the building, the side that faces Azalea. There is one there. I have seen all of these cameras first hand.

this is so frustrating. i just finished looking at a few of the other missing threads on here for other victims and most of them have SOMETHING to go on. like the Tuscon little girl has some sandals, right? the lady named jacques has a missing husband, they have her truck, his truck, a boat and a rocky relationship. lauren spierer has some friends that need to be manhandled and interrogated, seriously. what a bunch of little punks! poor mickey has nothing. well i guess there's the bike which is taking FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3