LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Jefferson Parish Inspector General's office could help get some information:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...dex.aspx?page=3644+&cd=44&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

It would be a good start!

With regard to the original complaint of s/harassment of his assistant by S Segal/ the chief explained that no internal investigation of his staff would take place unless a criminal complaint was lodged. Rather than face internal review Segal quit his position.

http://www.jpso.com/ComplimentsComplaints.aspx

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/*advertiser censored*/2011/03/steven_seagal_mcso_joe_arpaio.php

from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/04/14/steven.seagal.sued/

"SS will remain a reserve deputy chief and no criminal probe will be conducted unless the woman makes a statement with sheriff's investigators or the FBI, he said."

Lodging a complaint or asking for inquiry into determining whether all policies were followed would be an excellent first step one would hope.

Hopefully things have changed and the first step might now be what Sillybilly had suggested.

This has cover up wrote all over it, i've got serious reasons to believe that Shane became a victim of foul play by first responders at the scene, this is the reason they are hitting a brick wall at every turn. Kenny we will keep digging for you and never give up hope, but the evidence is damning and something stinks about this whole thing. The message you sent me was the game changer for me, why would they lie??? Answer is to cover a lie..

OMG Irish, I was about to post the same thing.

I smells a RAT.

Kenny i've 1 question for you and it regards the PI'S you have used.

Did any ever come back with information that Shane was struck by a vehicle shortly after the crash?

Depending on your answer i may have a suspect in mind..

Also another note Kenny you must do everything you can to secure the mobile phone data. I suspect Shane's phone was on his person and the battery allowed it to sent pings for 5 days before battery died.

If the data shows static information i fear the worst but the information may get Shane back to his family one way or another.

We use this technology in Ireland and even without GPS you can get a fairly accurate location, the towers that pick up is pings can be triangulated and will give you a location within a few square meters. Just hope the phone company still has all the data.

I'm wondering if he stopped for fuel on his way home. It's only a 10 minute drive from the Rum Runners to where vehicle was found - maybe someone at a gas station followed him?

Kenny i've 1 question for you and it regards the PI'S you have used.

Did any ever come back with information that Shane was struck by a vehicle shortly after the crash?

Depending on your answer i may have a suspect in mind..
None did...We had a few that wanted to work for free..But i think JPSO wouldn't work with them or ran them off....The first PI that was hired after one meeting told us he couldn't take the case..He goes on to tell us about another PI this guy once worked for JPSO as a Det. he's suppose to really good...well Shane's friends from work hires him...The final report from him was very basic.....BUT NONE DID

I have been reading up on this case for Shane Fell. I watched the episode of The UneXplained from the biography channel last night. the preview can be seen on youtube. it includes the 911 call made by a passerby. It was said when he talked to his brother Brett shortly after the accident he stated he was not injured and seemed coherent, knowing where he was. However looking at the pictures of the car I have to think that after his phone call he could have developed swelling of many parts of his body, including his brain.
I snipped the pictures from you tube and put them in a still below.

picture.php

For anyone wanting to watch I found a link that works. I watched the top video. Disappearance at Dead Man's Curve

Interesting that the psychic detective was able to "find him" but was not able to see him. What ever came of that?

Didn't realize I was as far behind as I was. Disregard for those that don't need it

IMO After SF called his brother back to make sure he was coming, he walked towards the river to sit and wait and may have fallen in and drowned. It's a very busy waterway and his body got caught up on a barge and was dragged away.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.9042745,-90.1092877,473m/data=!3m1!1e3

WADR Haunts, I disagree. The river is hundreds of feet (iirc, Bessie said 450') away on the other side of the levee where he would never have seen his brother arrive, so no reason whatsoever to wait there. Also doesn't explain LE's lack of co-operation with the family, the fact his phone pinged for 5 days after his disappearance, the fact that EquuSearch couldn't find him, etc

I agree with those who smell rats.

I'm wondering if he stopped for fuel on his way home. It's only a 10 minute drive from the Rum Runners to where vehicle was found - maybe someone at a gas station followed him?

There were gas stations up Barateria and on the way to his home. Where the crash occurred was a dark and isolated industrial area in the opposite direction from where he lived, and from what I can see, no gas stations enroute.

I will try and shoot a small video of the wreck site and the other side of the levee this week so everybody has a better idea of the land and distance from the top of levee to waters edge....

I will try and shoot a small video of the wreck site and the other side of the levee this week so everybody has a better idea of the land and distance from the top of levee to waters edge....

Kudo's to you Kenny for being so strong, for hanging in there, and so exhaustively sticking with the search for your nephew. I have wished throughout my lifetime, many times, that I could have had an uncle like you. Seriously, you are awesome.

WADR Haunts, I disagree. The river is hundreds of feet (iirc, Bessie said 450') away on the other side of the levee where he would never have seen his brother arrive, so no reason whatsoever to wait there. Also doesn't explain LE's lack of co-operation with the family, the fact his phone pinged for 5 days after his disappearance, the fact that EquuSearch couldn't find him, etc

I agree with those who smell rats.

I agree, it never made sense to me that he might have gone to the river. Not considering his location on the road, and it was on the other side of the levee.

And the phone pings for five days, and LE's withholding of that information is nothing but a huge red flag. Something is surely amiss, IMO.

The phone ping information is crucial to this case, no matter what it takes, it needs to be retrieved. jmo

The shoe was found right out side the door Shane opened and got out of....He got out drivers door and the Westwego cop was the person who broke the window...

Another thing....No were on that sheet does it say anything about a Westwego cop on wreck site....You would also think it would be in the 911 tapes...FUNNY HA...

Wait...a City of Westwego cop was responding to a crash site in Harvey???

(non-locals - Westwego is a city in Jefferson Parish with its own police force. Harvey is an unincorporated area of Jefferson Parish without its own police force....Jefferson Parish Sheriff's deputies respond to accidents/crimes there, NOT officers from a neighboring city, even in the same parish. Westwego Police should only be responding in Westwego.)

That's all kinds of shady.

Just do a google search for "Westwego Carlos Marcello" (as in the mob boss). There's a history of some unsavory stuff going on in the small town of Westwego. (I'm not suggesting there's some sort of mob connection to Shane's case, just pointing out Westwego isn't exactly known for its transparency.)

Is it possible that Verifone, Shane's employer, would help to push for those records?
Have they been helpful to family?

The car looks close to the fence. If Shane climbed on the car, could he have jumped over the barbed wire?

Wait...a City of Westwego cop was responding to a crash site in Harvey???

(non-locals - Westwego is a city in Jefferson Parish with its own police force. Harvey is an unincorporated area of Jefferson Parish without its own police force....Jefferson Parish Sheriff's deputies respond to accidents/crimes there, NOT officers from a neighboring city, even in the same parish. Westwego Police should only be responding in Westwego.)

That's all kinds of shady.

Just do a google search for "Westwego Carlos Marcello" (as in the mob boss). There's a history of some unsavory stuff going on in the small town of Westwego. (I'm not suggesting there's some sort of mob connection to Shane's case, just pointing out Westwego isn't exactly known for its transparency.)

The crash site was in Marrero, not Harvey (Shane lived in Harvey).

ETA: Anyone know what the dividing line is between Marrero and Westwego?

To answer my own question, the boundary between Westwego and Marrero appears to be between Klein and Urbandale St. So a Westwego LEO at the crash site would have been about 1/2 mile east of their Westwego jurisdiction (and the 911 caller addy given was on Klein in Westwego).

I think that addy on Klein is a Sprint/Nextel address (Sprint/Nextel was referenced on the JPSO report) ... so not necessarily an addy associated with the 911 caller himself but the phone the caller was using or the cell phone provider??

If you google <"249 Klein" Westwego> (without the <>) , a master lease agreement comes up between Sprint and various addys, one of which is the Klein addy.

http://google.brand.edgar-online.co...85325-29918-1835422&SessionID=KBloHqvBON74b_7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper