LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know if this will be helpful at all, but there is a "community liason" for Jefferson parish:
http://jpso.com/CommunityLiaisons.aspx

"The JPSO has established the office of Community Liaison to assist civic, business, and neighborhood organizations as they interact with the Sheriff’s Office. This office provides a one-stop source of information or for passing on concerns about community issues, law enforcement concerns, crime statistics and assistance from other divisions within the JPSO."

Hi Kenny,

I am one of Pam Coronado's students and was assisting behind the scenes when she came down to NOLA to help look for Shane, for the 'Unexplained' program. It seemed she was so close, yet nothing we found panned out. Did anything ever come of the homeless man that said he saw Shane, with not just the scar on his chin, but also a fresh scar on his forehead? He seemed so sure....

Much love and support to your family <3

http://tv.biography.com/tv/the-unex...earance-at-dead-mans-curve-preview-2262366970
No nothing ever came out of that but there was a purse snatching about 6 weeks ago in New Orleans and the police sketch looked just like Shane...But they never found the guy......Thanks for keeping up on Shane

I'm blown away by the info Kenny has provided us about the off-duty Westwego cop and the window. I don't like where this info makes my mind go....

I am so sorry this happened to Shane and his family.

Perhaps it might make sense to hang some of Shane's missing/reward fliers in the CBD near where this purse snatching incident took place? Just in case.

I had a Pi friend that works a lot downtown give them to the Bell Hops to keep a eye out.....Plus we hand delivered them to the 8th dist. police station..

Kenny, do you know/recall an approximate date when this photoshopped pic of Shane was first put on the internet:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SVnrla-uBXk/UEOej8o1sfI/AAAAAAAAGbA/dMtSHaQaJfw/s1600/shanefellbeard.jpg

I'm just interested to know when in relation to the above reported purse snatching incident.

Just general observations ..

Anyone else find it odd that 2 women struggled with a purse snatcher, but there doesn't seem to be any clothing description at all? I also wonder about the eye colour in the composite. Certainly similar to pics of Shane, but ... Shane had brown eyes and wore coloured contacts that made them appear kind of grey/blue. I doubt he would still have those contacts after being missing for 3 years. Shane had pretty nice teeth, but the composite is done to make the person appear toothless (read "homeless"?).

ETA: Correction .. there is another article with a description of clothing:

http://www.noladefender.com/content/cbd-man-wanted-attempted-purse-snatching

The suspect is about 40 years old, between 5 ft. 8 in. and 6 ft., with a thin build and &#8220;long disheveled dirty blond hair,&#8221; with a long beard. The suspect was wearing dark clothes and &#8220;possibly wearing a dark colored skull or knit hat.&#8221; The victim said the perp may have been homeless. NOPD created a composite sketch of the suspect from the victim's description.

3 days from incident to composite. Hmm, pretty fast with the purse-snatching composites down NOLA way ;)

Wait, change that to 2 days .. the incident was 7:30 pm March 25 and I found the composite put out March 27:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/police_seek_man_in_foiled_cbd.html

I am from a different neck of the woods so forgive me, but can anyone explain what those overhead pipes are for? The diameter looks large and they appears to be a passage way where it passes through the levy but the pipe is open on the back end. I would imagine it was thoroughly searched but thought id ask if anyone can confirm.
If I was waiting for my brother in middle of nowhere after a crash where drinking was involved and I heard sirens or saw lights and decided it was time to run and hide, id certainly start at that structure.

It is also noteworthy that in this age of smart phones and text messaging that Brett would call, not text, his brother to see if he made it home. I usually text when im expecting a usual "yes I made it" type response but call when its important, im worried, or I expect something is wrong.
I wonder if Brett was expecting to meet up with his brother again that night after Shane made a stop somewhere before heading home.

Iirc, Shane did not have a smart phone. I think it was a prepaid type, perhaps without text capabilities. It's possible that he and Brett didn't prefer to text anyway, not everyone likes it.
It is also noteworthy that in this age of smart phones and text messaging that Brett would call, not text, his brother to see if he made it home. I usually text when im expecting a usual "yes I made it" type response but call when its important, im worried, or I expect something is wrong.
I wonder if Brett was expecting to meet up with his brother again that night after Shane made a stop somewhere before heading home.

Kenny, do you know/recall an approximate date when this photoshopped pic of Shane was first put on the internet:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SVnrla-uBXk/UEOej8o1sfI/AAAAAAAAGbA/dMtSHaQaJfw/s1600/shanefellbeard.jpg

I'm just interested to know when in relation to the above reported purse snatching incident.

Just general observations ..

Anyone else find it odd that 2 women struggled with a purse snatcher, but there doesn't seem to be any clothing description at all? I also wonder about the eye colour in the composite. Certainly similar to pics of Shane, but ... Shane had brown eyes and wore coloured contacts that made them appear kind of grey/blue. I doubt he would still have those contacts after being missing for 3 years. Shane had pretty nice teeth, but the composite is done to make the person appear toothless (read "homeless"?).

ETA: Correction .. there is another article with a description of clothing:

http://www.noladefender.com/contnt/cbd-man-wanted-attempted-purse-snatching

3 days from incident to composite. Hmm, pretty fast with the purse-snatching composites down NOLA way ;)

Wait, change that to 2 days .. the incident was 7:30 pm March 25 and I found the composite put out March 27:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/police_seek_man_in_foiled_cbd.html

How do you know that was a photoshopped pic? Was that stated in another post? Also, the fact that the composite sketch was done in a couple of days, is that typical? Seems quick. In my city a purse snatching isn't usually a big deal. Doesn't even make the news let alone a composite sketch made. Not unless the same suspect has hit multiple times. Would that be typical protocol in New Orleans?

How do you know that was a photoshopped pic? Was that stated in another post? Also, the fact that the composite sketch was done in a couple of days, is that typical? Seems quick. In my city a purse snatching isn't usually a big deal. Doesn't even make the news let alone a composite sketch made. Not unless the same suspect has hit multiple times. Would that be typical protocol in New Orleans?

I do photography as a part time job and the Photoshop question was asked by myself....Its a new program the police use now....The reason why this got on the news was the lady was hurt in the attack....

Earlier in this thread, Kenny advised that they (Shane's family) photoshopped that pic of Shane to show what he would look like with longer hair and a beard.

The point of my post was that IMO it does seem unusual that a composite would be done in such an incident, and with such speed.

ETA: Apologies if I'm sounding cynical and suspicious, but when LE is not forthcoming and appears to be providing zero assistance or co-operation to the family of a missing person, I then question everything in relation to the case at hand.

Thanks Kenny regarding the cop who arrived on scene and smashed the window. He arrived a few minutes before other emergency services arrived.

Was he just in the area passing by?

Was he following Shane, did Shane know this guy?

As far as i can gather he left scene when other LE arrived, strange?

He is the Chief's son and you are getting no co-operation from police ever since the accident, do you know where i'm heading with this Kenny.

Time to have a closer look at our off duty friend i think, going to have a root around and see what we can find out.

Thanks Kenny regarding the cop who arrived on scene and smashed the window. He arrived a few minutes before other emergency services arrived.

Was he just in the area passing by?

Was he following Shane, did Shane know this guy?

As far as i can gather he left scene when other LE arrived, strange?

He is the Chief's son and you are getting no co-operation from police ever since the accident, do you know where i'm heading with this Kenny.

Time to have a closer look at our off duty friend i think, going to have a root around and see what we can find out.
I am trying to find out if a report was made for the westwego cop for his involvement on the wreck site......

I am trying to find out if a report was made for the westwego cop for his involvement on the wreck site......

Great idea only thing if he was off duty or has anything to hide you will probably have another door slammed in your face. Fingers crossed though.

Something is not right about these critical 3-7 minutes, something happened that they are hiding but what was it???

After TALKING to several people the Person that broke the window WAS NOT A WESTWEGO COP.....He is a volunteer fireman....

After TALKING to several people the Person that broke the window WAS NOT A WESTWEGO COP.....He is a volunteer fireman....

That makes more sense, as they are they in a rescue frame of mind when the police also come in an investigative frame of mind.

I am so glad you are finding people with some new information to give you! Any time people start talking again, it is a very good thing!!

I have to just throw this out there......is there any possibility that SF picked some friend or acquaintance up and they were driving???? (((seems far fetched but ''could'' that have happened?)))

No nothing ever came out of that but there was a purse snatching about 6 weeks ago in New Orleans and the police sketch looked just like Shane...But they never found the guy......Thanks for keeping up on Shane

Oh Kenny, I'm so sorry you are going through this. With every lead comes new hope and more frustration. I pray he comes home soon <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper