DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Pi's at the Moment
NOPD Has all of Shane's info and flyers
State last looked it still active file
Reward i would think so...Yes
We are always out looking...We still get phone calls with info from people who still looking for Shane
Search Maps......Lord
Harvey Canal to Huey P Long West of wreck site
New Orleans Westbank all along the levee in the neighborhood of Algiers
The search has been ENDLESS......

Thank you so much Kenny. Once my classes end in a few weeks I can dedicate my time to finding Shane over the summer.

Investigation
When LE has an open file they consider all the content as closed to the public. They will not share anything they have found until the case is closed.
So, if they already have the phone records, they may not share them. I have doubts, because of his age, that they did any investigation at all into his whereabouts. Was JPSO considering the 'Hit and Run' charge I read in their report? Leaving the scene? Abandoned vehicle?
Did the PI give you his complete file upon discharge?

Searches
Did any other search groups get involved besides Project Search for Hope?
Any input from TES? Necrosearch?
Was the river searched with divers, sonar? Who did the search?

Shelters and Homeless Camps
Did anyone other than PSH search the shelters and shantys?

Goals
To collect all of the work already done.
Compile the data to determine the best course moving forward.
Assemble a small group (2 or 3) for select ground searches.
Find Shane and take photos, record gps location.
Contact the local Mental Health Agency regarding outreach teams.
Make contact with Shane and have the mental health team talk him in.
Rehabilitate and return Shane to his family.

Homeless persons are entitled to privacy and respect as much as anyone else. How will you confirm the identity of this person you expect to find before you ask mental health professionals to "talk him in"?

Ok here is the latest on cell phone record request.....NO RETURN EMAILS...WOW I AM SO SHOCKED..The same old crap over and over and over...Brett sent a email to the new captain in charge of the 2nd Dist. on Monday...When we met with him we was told things would be different ...I don't know how...SAME OLD CRAP JUST A DIFFERENT DAY
I'm sorry, Kenny. I understand "same crap, different day". Trust me. Don't give up on the phone records just yet.

Homeless persons are entitled to privacy and respect as much as anyone else. How will you confirm the identity of this person you expect to find before you ask mental health professionals to "talk him in"?

Thanks for asking Bessie. When I worked for the Visiting Nurse Service of NY our MH team would go out to the homeless to interview them, identify them and offer them assistance. Most are happy for a hot meal and a warm bed. We recovered many family members from drug dens this way.

I will not actually speak with him, only photos and gps locations. He should not be approached by anyone other than an MH professional. He may not want help, he may not want to go home. No one can force him to do anything he doesn't want to. However, when approached properly, an MH professional knows how to speak with someone in need without frightening them.

I'm sorry, Kenny. I understand "same crap, different day". Trust me. Don't give up on the phone records just yet.

We got a call back...They told Brett its still a active file and would take legal papers to make it happen....

We got a call back...They told Brett its still a active file and would take legal papers to make it happen....

Yea, that's what I expected. Sorry. It would help to know if there was activity on his phone after the crash and on which towers. We would know if he left the area or not which is crucial info. Sadly getting a court order will cost money, but there may be a way of contacting the carrier directly...

Contact the cell provider, ask what they need (in terms of papers) to make it happen......

<rsbm>

It is my understanding however that there have been numerous accidents at that location, so it doesn't make sense to me that they would only have 2 prior associated events for that location with 'no more' and 'nothing found'.

I think it depends on how "recent" the accidents were.

On Computer Aided Dispatch call logs, PREMIS PPR could be a query to find any Patrol Planning Resources(PPR) that have been used in the recent past at that location.

Maybe Archangel7 will come back to the thread and give us his best guesstimate of what some of the terminology is.

Kenny as i stated early in the forum the mobile phone records hold the key to solving this and the reason i'm convinced of it is his phone pinged for 5 days, this means the battery was saying hello i'm here to the cell tower's, even without gps this signal can be tracked. If it was static i would be worried for Shane as i'm sure the phone was on his person. But if the signal was active and moving hopefully Shane is out there trying to find his way home.

Either way it will bring an end to this for the Fell family and friends. Try contacting the cell provider directly and explaining your situation, you might get a caring person willing to help, or if you have a contact within the company even better. Try you never know.

Kenny as i stated early in the forum the mobile phone records hold the key to solving this and the reason i'm convinced of it is his phone pinged for 5 days, this means the battery was saying hello i'm here to the cell tower's, even without gps this signal can be tracked. If it was static i would be worried for Shane as i'm sure the phone was on his person. But if the signal was active and moving hopefully Shane is out there trying to find his way home.

Either way it will bring an end to this for the Fell family and friends. Try contacting the cell provider directly and explaining your situation, you might get a caring person willing to help, or if you have a contact within the company even better. Try you never know.

bbm - one would hope that LE would divulge at least this bit of information to make it easier for the family. If the pings were moving there is a good chance he's alive, how could they keep that a secret? That would be just cruel imo.

ETA: Come to think of it, maybe the pings were indeed moving, explaining LE's reluctance to launch a full scale search.

The phone Provider was Straight talk...We had tried early in the investigation and it was a OUT OF THE COUNTRY COMPANY ...I know that the police did ping the phone several times also the Coast Guard did it Saturday evening...For us

SB .. I also thought the PREMIS thing was related to the address of the accident. What was the 249 Klein address? Could it be related to that.

This relates to the 911 caller location.

00:58:48 AL1 E911Phne: ___________E911Add: 249 KLEIN LN - SE SECT, WF E911Subs: SPRINT NEXTEL; CDMA E911Srce:WPH2 AltLong: 90.117416 Alt Latitude 29.903423

Enhaned 911 (E911)
In North America, where 9-1-1 . . .the system tries to automatically associate a location with the origin of the call. This location may be a physical address or other geographic reference information such as X/Y map coordinates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_9-1-1

The phone Provider was Straight talk...We had tried early in the investigation and it was a OUT OF THE COUNTRY COMPANY ...I know that the police did ping the phone several times also the Coast Guard did it Saturday evening...For us

Did they give you any results on where/when it pinged?

bbm - one would hope that LE would divulge at least this bit of information to make it easier for the family. If the pings were moving there is a good chance he's alive, how could they keep that a secret? That would be just cruel imo.

ETA: Come to think of it, maybe the pings were indeed moving, explaining LE's reluctance to launch a full scale search.

It is standard procedure. They only way to obtain the file through the freedom of information act is after they 'close' it' or you get a court order.

I have to be in Miami the beginning of July but can come to NOLA after the 10th.
I would love to sit down with you and go over whatever you have, especially whatever phone records you have. Any old phone bill of his available???
I will bring my records and notes from the 'unexplained' research as well.
I'm going to be staying in the French Quarter, can you recommend an old style hotel that's not expensive?
The older the better, I'm not afraid of the 'bad' neighborhood.

Elainera the way LE has treated the Fell family from day one has been a disgrace, i don't think they can be bothered to help them one way or another.

IMHO this has cover-up all over it and i will take some convincing otherwise. I hope for Shane's sake my gut instinct is wrong.

So the Coast Guard pinged it at your request, but they couldn't / wouldn't release the results either ?

Yeah LE has the technology to do this but what i don't understand is that if you have the technology to ping a phone you also have the technology to recieve the signal and know what tower he is near to, then you get 2 other towers in the location to ping the phone and with these 3 readings you triangulate the location to within 5 square meters.

If they were pinging him they knew where he was, for some unknown reason this information is being withheld from you.

Stinks man stinks

Irish, do you know why the Coast Guard wouldn't give the family the phone ping information ? I mean, why would they do it at their request then not tell them what they found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper