LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny, have you had any dealings with the State Police on the case ? IIRC weren't they involved in the beginning ? Just asking, and wondering if they might be willing to step in and help out, seeing that the JPSO is so uncooperative.

We was told state handled the accident and JPSO handles the MISSING PERSON.......

You said the PT Cruiser "People" - does that mean there was more than one person in that car, or are you just guessing?

We knew nothing about the PT CRUISER till the people in the pipe yard said something....The people in the pipe yard said they never did see Shane..Which i think is kinda funny because of the time from the wreck and phone calls...I would think that Shane was by his car for 3 to 5 minutes...We was always told that JPSO had never talked to the PT CRUISER PEOPLE..I knew that the state could run ID'S ON Maroon PT CRUISERS BY ZIP CODE..Now if JPSO DID WHO KNOW'S..

We knew nothing about the PT CRUISER till the people in the pipe yard said something....The people in the pipe yard said they never did see Shane..Which i think is kinda funny because of the time from the wreck and phone calls...I would think that Shane was by his car for 3 to 5 minutes...We was always told that JPSO had never talked to the PT CRUISER PEOPLE..I knew that the state could run ID'S ON Maroon PT CRUISERS BY ZIP CODE..Now if JPSO DID WHO KNOW'S..
I wonder if one of the pipe yard people called 911. I'm just thinking of what it would be like if you're at work outdoors, late at night on a dark, quiet stretch of road along the river. Then out of the blue, a passing car flips over and lands against the fence of the yard where you're working. Who would turn their back and continue working? No one. I don't know how many were present, but surely one or two ran over to the fence. I'm certain someone saw Shane.

Now why would he get in the PTC if he knew Brett was on the way? Let's assume he really was nervous about the police. The pipe yard guts were gawking at him, and it seemed like Brett was taking forever. He could have been feeling very nervous, which is what Brett sensed when Shane called him back. A bump on the head could have added to his anxiety, too. So when the PTC came along, perhaps he thought he'd get a ride to his house, or somewhere nearby, just so he wouldn't be there alone when the cops showed up. Then he'd call his brother to let him know where to meet him, and they could return to the site together. That actually makes sense to me. So what went wrong?

The odds of some crazed nut coming along at just that moment, who would want to abduct and kill a grown man, knowing the police could be on the way, are miniscule.

The other possibility is that Shane succumbed to injuries suddenly while in the car, and the driver dropped his body somewhere. But wouldn't a good Samaritan who stopped to help a stranger, and even agreed to give him a ride in the opposite direction, take him to the ER? Even if it meant dropping him at the door or in the parking lot so he wouldn't get involved. So that doesn't make sense; either.

The other scenario, PTC drops off Shane near his house, or at a bar, and hecruns into trouble. Two problems there: 1. No call to his brother; and, 2. No call to LE or the family from PTC when he/they learned Shane was missing. If you lived or worked on the West Bank, I'm pretty sure you would have heard about it or seen the billboard. Even on this side many people were aware of Shane's disappearance from the news.

Kenny, I will be doing revisions to the timeline as we go along, so just want to get some clarification on the PT Cruiser to keep things as factual as possible. I know it's real tough to keep all these details straight, but for timeline purposes could you please clarify the following:

In an earlier post you said:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

Then pipe yard people was the one's who see the PT CRUISER STOP and turn by Shane

You now say that the pipeyard folks didn't see Shane. Is it safe to say they saw the PT cruiser stop and turn by the accident, not by Shane?

Earlier it was said that someone in the PT Cruiser spoke to the 911 caller. If it was the pipeyard folks who witnessed that interaction and didn't see Shane, this could mean Shane was gone by the time the 911 call was made.

Earlier it was said that someone in the PT Cruiser spoke to the 911 caller. If it was the pipeyard folks who witnessed that interaction and didn't see Shane, this could mean Shane was gone by the time the 911 call was made.

good catch!

and they (PTC) turned around as an act of good neighbor to check the roadway (as per Bessie' post) possibly.

please keep us updated on your progress Kenny

Kenny, I will be doing revisions to the timeline as we go along, so just want to get some clarification on the PT Cruiser to keep things as factual as possible. I know it's real tough to keep all these details straight, but for timeline purposes could you please clarify the following:

In an earlier post you said:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

You now say that the pipeyard folks didn't see Shane. Is it safe to say they saw the PT cruiser stop and turn by the accident, not by Shane?

There was one guy in the pipe yard who seen a Maroon PT Cruiser drive by stop turn around and go back to the wreck site...The person in the pipe yard said it was a White male driving the PTC....They told us they didn't see shane...It all just don't make sense....They problem with the pipe yard is they have had so many wrecks at the site ....ITS JUST ANOTHER DAY FOR THEM

Kenny, do you know if any of the workers at the pipe yard actually saw the accident happen, and witnessed all the events that transpired afterward as well ? TIA

There was one guy in the pipe yard who seen a Maroon PT Cruiser drive by stop turn around and go back to the wreck site...The person in the pipe yard said it was a White male driving the PTC....They told us they didn't see shane...It all just don't make sense....They problem with the pipe yard is they have had so many wrecks at the site ....ITS JUST ANOTHER DAY FOR THEM

Perhaps the person in the PT Cruiser was driving towards the wreck site, saw Shane walking....then a minute later saw the wreck and then turned around to go back and see if Shane was okay/needed a lift? Forgive me if this has been asked (I've tried to read every post but may have missed it) did you include the description of the maroon PT Cruiser on any of the missing posters for Shane?

I know that the odds of anyone in the PT Cruiser harming Shane are miniscule, but at the same time - that person has not come forward. If it was truly a good samaritan trying to help, wouldn't that person also have contacted LE?

Perhaps Shane really did have a head injury and the person in the PT Cruiser picked him up to take him to the hospital and then Shane was disoriented and asked the driver to drop him off somewhere else. The driver may not be local and was just passing through and never even heard about Shane going missing.
I saw the poster with the suspected purse snatcher and the person in it really does bear a striking resemblance to Shane...it could really well be that Shane has amnesia and is the person in the poster? IMO

Kenny, do you know if any of the workers at the pipe yard actually saw the accident happen, and witnessed all the events that transpired afterward as well ? TIA

We only spoke with two people from the pipe yard....The guard on Saturday morning because SHE had worked the night shift...She told us all she seen was all the RED LIGHTS....The other person was working a fork lift about 50 yards away from the fence...We had talked with him several times and NEVER did he say he seen the wreck happen....This guy even came out Sunday with his buddies on Four wheelers to help...

I know that the odds of anyone in the PT Cruiser harming Shane are miniscule, but at the same time - that person has not come forward. If it was truly a good samaritan trying to help, wouldn't that person also have contacted LE?
<bbm>

IMO, LE has either not put any real effort into finding that witness OR they know who it is and for whatever reasons are not disclosing that info. Also LE apparently doesn't want the 911 caller to talk (or the young couple).

Maybe Shane walked eastbound, knowing Brett would be arriving from that direction. If the PTC was driven by a first responder, 911 caller may have told the guy that Shane went eastbound and PTC person was overly zealous in their desire to find (apprehend?) Shane.

Really short on time here today, but will upload a revised timeline later tonite or tomorrow morning.

Kenny, it might be helpful to get the pipe yard employee's impression of how fast the PTC was travelling coming toward the scene, how far away from the crash when it turned around, how it turned (i.e. a quick U-turn or parked for a bit then turned), how far away from the crash, speed leaving the crash site.

The Le was so sure Shane went in the river...They told the levee people not to cut the grass on river side only on the street side....Well when they finally came out with the dog the SEARCH DOG stayed on the road side of the levee and went EAST on river road in the direction of Marrero Road...

I would love to know this so much! Somebody had to have seen Shane leading up to and after the crash. Someone had to have seen him not only crawl or walk out of the wreckage, but they had to have seen him walking around. How mobile he was, or how healthy he may have been may not be exactly known.

However, I don't understand how presumably many people could all be on the scene, and not have seen Shane and where he went? I often wonder how many other cars were on the road in nearby vicinity when Shane had his crash? Who saw the accident? It's impact? It's aftermath? Where Shane went after the accident?

Satch

I don't supposed LE has checked to see how many maroon PT cruisers have owners living on the West Bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1