Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I have time I'll look into the motivation for multiple kill murderers' first kills - whether it was greater than for subsequent victims. Even in non-psychopathic murders the motive can be small - the slightest irritation.

Whether he premeditated Laura's murder, he apparently felt a thrill rather than the revulsion others might, learned that he could get away with it, and continued from there.

His post death treatment of his victims also says a lot about his personality.

The fact that he bought an incinerator to dispose of human remains is a strong indication he might have planned to carry out more murders in the future. IMO

The fact that he bought an incinerator to dispose of human remains is a strong indication he might have planned to carry out more murders in the future. IMO

You nailed it !!!! .... the reason for buying the incinerator will be the ultimate smoking gun in this whole affair.

I'm seeing photos of DM labelled 'Croatia Trip June 2012'. What about July 2012?

I'm seeing photos of DM labelled 'Croatia Trip June 2012'. What about July 2012?

There are some photos and videos. The videos are particularly interesting because DM comes off as being quite immature for his age. JMO. I didn't see anything to indicate the length of the trip. I have to say that he is a complete chameleon with photos take. During that trip at times his face seems much fuller and thicker and he looks quite preppy?

There are some photos and videos. The videos are particularly interesting because DM comes off as being quite immature for his age. JMO. I didn't see anything to indicate the length of the trip. I have to say that he is a complete chameleon with photos take. During that trip at times his face seems much fuller and thicker and he looks quite preppy?

I found the videos and these were posted in August (12th and and 27th) but no photos from August or July. I wonder if DM went in June and then again in July and August. It would make sense if he wanted to leave Canada right away. I was also surprised that he couldn't pronounce his french friend's name at all. I guess he didn't do well at his French high school. JMO

When I have time I'll look into the motivation for multiple kill murderers' first kills - whether it was greater than for subsequent victims. Even in non-psychopathic murders the motive can be small - the slightest irritation.

Whether he premeditated Laura's murder, he apparently felt a thrill rather than the revulsion others might, learned that he could get away with it, and continued from there.

His post death treatment of his victims also says a lot about his personality.

I'm not so sure if there is such a thing as a non-psychopathic murderer. When someone intentionally and maliciously murders someone as we are seeing in this case, they obviously suffer from some form of mental instability. They murder because it gives them psychological gratification. In regards to serial murderers, that gratification from the first murder is so mentally rewarding, they take great pleasure/fascination/gratification in it that it allows they to commit multiple murders. When I read through the traits of a psychopath and sociopath I can place DM and MS in both categories from what bit of information we have gathered about them. No I am not a psychiatrist/psychologist, but it's pretty obvious when you make the comparisons. We did have a thread (Mental Health Disorders, Is there a connection?) for this type of discussion but it has been locked. You may find some interesting reading, posters opinions, over there. HTH and MOO.

JMO..I agree with something being just a tad >>>....disturbing that someone would put their murder victim into an Incinerator...and to go out and buy one with that thought is very disturbing...JMHO...it is not something any one in the society would consider!..UNLESS they think they can get away with it and are above being caught!...so I agree with the post above by swede...JMO .. I am NOT a Psychological either but this is not a sound person....JMO...using logical thinking...as in 1+1=2...as who would think of getting rid of evidence in this manner..JMO a sociopath or someone not psychologically well....robynhood.

Seems DM just had no boundaries when it came to people "close" to him WRT to what he wanted.

Reminds me of the Menendez brothers and their motives.

DM was also in Greece in Aug 2012. per fb.

So he was on vacation, returned to TO, murdered LB, purchased an incinerator and took care of the situation and fled town again?

Were the pics posted in August? They could have been taken in June or July and then uploaded later...unless they are date stamped and geolocated?

Ann Brocklehurst reported in her latest blog entry that LB had confronted CN with the information that she and DM were involved behind her back. It would be interesting to know more about this exchange. How soon before her disappearance did it occur? Did CN confront DM with this information?

Were the pics posted in August? They could have been taken in June or July and then uploaded later...unless they are date stamped and geolocated?

Actually the locations were posted day to day on the fb with the map feature. JMO. I will list them all in a sec. The dates are all Aug 2012 so far.

Aug 5th: Agana, Croatia
Aug 6th: Split, Croatia
Aug 7th: 21450 Hvar, Splitsko-Dalmatinska, Croatia
Aug 10th: Ante Rudana 47, 21222 Marina, Splitsko-Dalmatinska, Croatia
Aug 11th: Porto Di Ancona, Italia
Aug 12th: 11853 Athens, Greece (Athina)
Aug 13th: Acropolis, Athens, Greece
Aug 14th: Cretaquarium, Greece
Aug 15th: Chania, Greece
Aug 16th: Santorini, Greece
Aug 17th: Mykonos, Greece

After this date, DM does not appear to be following along with the others on their trip(s).

I will keep looking for trips he may have made for car parts in the US, etc.

DM was in Texas in April 2012 picking up a '68 Camaro coupe for an associate in April 2012 and also in Reno Nevada for some reason on his way back. From a camaro car forum.

I've got a timeline up to May 17 2013 if anyone wants me to post it. Not that current, but a pretty good chronology up until then. Let me know.

An interview today on AM900 Hamilton with Ross McLean

http://youtu.be/nWbBm1dkpG8

Wow, really good discussion by this former LE officer.

My favorite parts -

1. There is no reason for TPS to not discuss their investigation on the disappearance of LB with the public. No compromise of court proceedings will occur. According to this interview they need to identify where the disconnect occurred and prevent it from happening again.

2. It cannot be discounted that WM and TB just might be alive if not for TPS dropping the ball/disconnecting on the LB disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member