Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.15.17 - Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked to see what you were talking about the kid with the car. May 25 so...too early/before LB Thanks for looking it up.

Apologies, it was a copy paste error, I didn't notice it right away.

And MS did cop to having a bum shoulder during the TB trial. It sounded like it was an ongoing injury where the shoulder popped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They ddin't have to put through the small hatch. Penner said the whole top can be lifted. It's 100 lb, and pivots. No big deal even for 1 person.

If the body was in July heat for almost three weeks, it would be substantially decomposed and smell horribly. Depending on conditions, it could be in gel-like state. I've heard first hand stories about bodies being just like a balloon filled with gel (a dead body in an apartment in summer for a few weeks). Even a small amount on the surfaces would smell horribly. Look up cadaverine and mercaptane. Those are some nasty smelling chemicals that humans can notice even in trace concentrations.

I think they didn't return to the farm until late August when they realized the LB burn hadn't completed, necessitating a second burn.
I agree, I think the same

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Schlatman sits turned toward Millard, and looks at him directly as he answers questions from his former boss.
by Shannon Martin 4:18 PM
I'm behind but I bet his memory is crystal clear for everything DM "suggests" here. Moo

Millard pulls up a photo of a 1968 red Camaro. He asks Schlatman what he got him for a wedding present?

Schlatman tells the jury Millard bought him half a Camaro. But Schlatman wanted it for himself, so he bought out Millard.

Another photo, of another woman sitting on the steps of a small airplane. Millard asks if Schlatman recognizes the woman. He does not.

Millard, "Is that Christina Noudga?"

Schlatman responds, "It doesn't appear to be."

by Shannon Martin 4:28 PM
Half a camero? Lol are you kidding me? Great present. Lol I usually buy my friends half a preset. What a loser. Jmo

They ddin't have to put through the small hatch. Penner said the whole top can be lifted. It's 100 lb, and pivots. No big deal even for 1 person.

No big deal?! How high was that from the ground? Given the condition of the body, I would think it would be next to impossible to perform the task at hand using the top hatch.

Would SS be trying to help or hurt DM in your opinions, by giving the smell info up? according to them it is just deer right?

Purple slippers from the red bag with wheels?

Oct 8, 2012 - Smich texts Millard the following rap verse:
"It's all about me, you, myself, and my greed,
Get TXDeed
We be takin anything that we need
That means everything, indeed."
Oct 8 - Millard texts Smich: "Nice rhyme!!"

This was around the time they were stealing lawn mowers and stuff like that. And Smich had been caught spraypainting graffiti and been charged with mischief.

TXD must mean something. The only thing I'm getting is that .txd is a file extension for image files in games (like Grand Theft Auto) ???? Well, who knows, maybe that's another certificate we haven't heard about yet ??? (joke for those who may be puzzled)

No big deal?! How high was that from the ground? Given the condition of the body, I would think it would be next to impossible to perform the task at hand using the top hatch.

Something appears to have happened with the homemade incinerator. Maybe it was used while the Eliminator was still not operational.

LB's body was rolled up tightly in a tarp. They were at the hangar and could have easily used the forklift put her in the incinerator.

Chair cat, I'd so love your take on me! One of the least eloquent writers here! I hate taking the time to capitalize the letter i when i am writing. haha You will become addicted to this site!IMO btw at first i thought you were the sleuther named armchair(detective?) :)
Hi All! -- Been lurking since May 2013, posted twice I think. (But I blurt out often "Oh, excellent point" or "Good find" to so many of your posts. I, too, love BillAndrew's timeline. Exceptional reference!) And I knew members of the Bosma extended family way back then. So, that's me.

OK, the following is just an observation/thought re: Mob Reporter vid Part 12, July 23-24, 2012. It's at the 1:47 minute mark: at 9:05pm July 23rd, DM texts this to SS: "meses a largar generator, will talks out that Wednesday" Also posted today in post #222.

(I work in the Alternate Dispute Resolution field as a Mediator. Occupational hazard in this profession is you're keyed in to how people talk: what's said and how, what isn't said, speech patterns and deviations from same. That's why DM's text stood out to me and maybe to some of you, too.)

In the DM texts we've seen, in TB and LB trial, he doesn't mistype often. He'll short form or slang but not this hot mess of misspellings and word jumbles. It's a shift in focus or ability to now type "meses" when you mean "needs" or "will talks out" for "will talk about". Yet his text 6 mins before is fine as are the few in the hours before that.

My gut reaction to his text is something is now seriously underway at 9:05pm, July 23rd. Eg: Is this the moment or close to it that LB has been lifted into the incinerator? :facepalm: DM's hands shaking from exertion or adrenaline rush and can't type well? Maybe stoned? Or both? Or is it a funny and he's talking like Yoda? (Raise your hand if you just went back to the text and read as Yoda. I did.) It's still an hour+ before he searches for cremation temperature details. But something has him completely off his usual text style and spellings at 9:05pm that night. Orrrr maybe his jumbled text is nothing of import or timeline hint and I've had far too much coffee today. :coffeews:

If the body was in July heat for almost three weeks, it would be substantially decomposed and smell horribly. Depending on conditions, it could be in gel-like state. I've heard first hand stories about bodies being just like a balloon filled with gel (a dead body in an apartment in summer for a few weeks). Even a small amount on the surfaces would smell horribly. Look up cadaverine and mercaptane. Those are some nasty smelling chemicals that humans can notice even in trace concentrations.

I don't agree at all.
But they bought the cheap one. Not the one with the roll off top.
It had a 17" x 24" 200# door.
Look at the salesman's testimony.
I don't disagree with you that it did stink but the bones don't go Into gel-like state

I agree, I think the same

It's shocking to think that he (DM) just left the country without even checking. It has to be brain damage. I just can't wrap my head around why a murderer would go through all that expense and effort - taking pictures along the way - and then just what? Brain f*rt? Forgot what he was doing? Left it? It sounds plausible but is it realistic?

I was saying that lifting the 100lb hinged top cover is no big deal. Body is harder, of course. LB wasn't super heavy though. Plus, the body lost weight due to evaporation and putrefaction. One way to deal with it is put the body on a substantial board, put a few loops of rope around. Then lift the board by two ends and place it on top of the open incinerator. Cut the rope and push the body off the board and inside.

I apologize for the graphic description. I'm totally disgusted myself and feel uncomfortable typing this.

Not saying this is the way i was done, but it's very manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo