Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.21.17 - Day 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury is back at the #LauraBabcock murder trial. Judge says one juror wants to be sure to make a family event in Europe on Dec 22. Juror offers to be one of 2 of 14 jurors who gets excused before deliberation (so that 12 jurors only decide). Judge says juror can change his flight
2:30 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Judge says either the case will finish in the next week or two, or if it doesn't court will adjourn on the 21st. If the jury is deliberating at that time they will excuse that juror. Ready for next witness Andrew Michelski.
2:31 PM - 21 Nov 2017
Ooops it's Andrew Michalski. I have been spelling it wrong.
2:32 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Michalski is 27 years old. Plumber for 7 years now. Crown points out one of the accused, Michalski knows "Dellen Millard. We used to be best friends." Until Millard got arrested, Michalski says.
2:33 PM - 21 Nov 2017

They met when Michalski was in Grade 11, through a mutual friend Matt Hagerman. Saw #Millard 4-5 times a week. Including in 2012. Ever been to his house? Of course. 5 Maple Gate house in Etobicoke. #LauraBabcock
2:34 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Michalski had been there "lots" and lived with #Millard for about six weeks, he says. Millard's father lived in the home during the first years Michalski knew him.
2:35 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Millard had lots of cars, Michalski guesses six. He drove the blue Yukon more often than the others. Michalski also recognizes the "person in the blue and white striped shirt" as Mark #Smich, who he says was good friends with #Millard.
2:36 PM - 21 Nov 2017

I will do Lisa Hepfner's tweets until I can't. lol :)

I use to live in Sarnia and it’s now a 3 hr drive for me to visit family. Add an hour for Toronto. Unless they needed Detroit for blk market anmmo but I’m sure there’s plenty of US contacts through Isho for that here.

I’m not sure how it was State side for buying ammo in stores back in 2012 but I believe it’s changed now and tighter restrictions like our gun and ammo laws.

JMO

I have a PAL and an Outdoor Card for Canada (Ontario).

I have bought ammunition in the US in Colorado, Texas and Alabama without having to show an ID at ALL.

Nov 21 2017 2:33 PM
Crown Ken Lockhart calls the next witness, Andrew Michalski. He's 27, a plumber, who grew up in the GTA.

Lockhart points out Millard, who lifts his hand and waves.

Michalski, "We used to be best friends."

Lisa Hepfner tweets:

Michalski would see #Smich at Maple Gate about once a week. Didn't hang out with #Smich if #Millard wasn't there, but says he also considered Smich a friend.
2:37 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Smich did not drive, Michalski says he doesn't think Smich had a licence. He knows Christina Noudga. "That is Dellen's girlfriend, ex girlfriend." He's not sure how long they were together, maybe two years. They didn't live together, but Michalski saw her 2-3x a wk at Maple Gate
2:39 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Michalski knows #LauraBabcock, "through Dell," Michalski says the two were in a relationship together. They were boyfriend girlfriend, he says. "On and off for, a little while" Before and during Millard relationship with Noudga.
2:40 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Millard would tell him about "hooking up" he says. "Hooking up" means having sex, he says. Did Michalski ask #Millard about the two women at once? No, Michalski says he wasn't curious enough. #LauraBabcock
2:41 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Nov 21 2017 2:39 PM
Lockhart asks about Christina Noudga.

Michalski, "That's Dellen Millard girlfriend, ex-girlfriend."

He doesn't know when they got together, but they dated for two years.

Lisa Hepfner’s tweets:

Michalski says he didn't see #LauraBabcock very often, maybe once every few weeks, at #Millard house.
2:42 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Michalski lived in Winnipeg for six months, starting in April 2012. "There was a job out there I took," he says. Came back to GTA Oct-Nov of that year. In meantime spoke to Millard through text messages. Came back for a week in August & saw Millard
2:44 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Michalski has been to Vegas with #Millard, once. He thinks it was before Winnipeg. Millard went a separate time to do a course. #LauraBabcock
2:45 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Lockhart now asks about Babcock.

Michalski, "He used to be her girlfriend..." he catches himself as he misspoke.

He says they were on and off for awhile.

Lockhart asks if Babcock and Millard dated before or after Noudga.

Michalski, "Before and during... they would hook up."

Nov 21 2017 2:43 PM SHANNON MARTIN

Michalski tells the court he didn't see Babcock at Millard's home very often - once every few weeks.Â
Â
Michalski says he left the GTA to live in Winnipeg in April, 2012, for about six months. He took a job out there.
Â
He stayed in touch with Millard during this time through text messages.

Nov 21 2017 2:50 PM

Crown Lockhart takes the witness through his phone number and email at the time.

He also asks about nicknames they used: Millard was Dell. Michalski went by his last name or Kowalski.

Lockhart now pulls up a photo of Millard's home in Etobicoke.

Lisa Hepfner’s tweets:

Did Michalski and Millard have nicknames for each other? Not really. Says #Smich called him Kowalski. #LauraBabcock
2:48 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Photo of Millard house on the screen. Michalski says he lived there with Millard and Robert Bochenek. Michalski had a room on the main floor. You can see his bedroom window from the front of the house.
2:52 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Sorry tweets are slow - it may be my computer...or not. :)

Nov 21 2017 2:55 PM
Michalski talks about the parties at Millard's - drinking, smoking. A handful of people would stay at Millard's at any given time.

His father, Wayne Millard, was there, but didn't spend time with the young people.

Lisa Hepfner’s tweets:

Michalski says he didn't see #LauraBabcock very often, maybe once every few weeks, at #Millard house.
2:42 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Michalski lived in Winnipeg for six months, starting in April 2012. "There was a job out there I took," he says. Came back to GTA Oct-Nov of that year. In meantime spoke to Millard through text messages. Came back for a week in August & saw Millard
2:44 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Michalski has been to Vegas with #Millard, once. He thinks it was before Winnipeg. Millard went a separate time to do a course. #LauraBabcock
2:45 PM - 21 Nov 2017
The Winnipeg trip explains to me why DM had to find a new bestie to help with missions. I have no doubt AM wouldn't have gone the distance for DM. Lucky for AM he was in Winnipeg or he would be right alongside them IMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Brightii

Same here..the Blog is moving real slow...I thought it was my computer, but maybe not.

b0812069-ffd3-4240-8371-da922ff2c0cf_500.jpg

Lisa Hepfner’s tweets:
Wayne Millard also had a room at the house, different from Michalski's room, which he identified from this photo
2:53 PM - 21 Nov 2017
FYI: I couldn’t copy photo on Twitter and don’t know how to share here.

"Judge says one juror wants to be sure to make a family event in Europe on Dec 22. Juror offers to be one of 2 of 14 jurors who gets excused before deliberation (so that 12 jurors only decide). Judge says juror can change his flight"

I get that being a juror is not easy but seriously, shouldn't you be more focussed on the guilt or innocence of the 2 accuseds and justice for Laura Babcock rather than how all this may interfere with your future vacation plans?

That's an awful lot of blow comped by Millard.
Sorry totally not caught up but thought about this on lunch:

Didn't MM testify in the TB trial that MS helped her get off cocaine? Or am I not remembering correctly?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Nov 21 2017 2:59 PM
Lockhart takes us through a couple of photos, a tour of Millard's home. Michalski points out his room, Millard's room, who used which computers.<modsnip>Court Exhibit: This is Millard's bedroom, at his Etobicoke home.

Shown in court now-

Nov 21 2017 3:01 PM
3c8050ec-be0c-4293-93b4-650eeb2b43d7_500.jpg
Court exhibit: This is the basement in Millard's home.

Lisa Hepfner&#8217;s tweets:

Wayne Millard also had a room at the house, different from Michalski's room, which he identified from this photo
2:53 PM - 21 Nov 2017

FYI: I can&#8217;t copy photos from Twitter and don&#8217;t know how to share here.

Michalski had a custom built desktop computer in the basement of Millard's house. Used it to play games. "Dellen built it for me," Michalski says.
2:56 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Michalski says this was his computer, in #Millard's basement.
2:57 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Millard's computers were in his office and in his room. The office desktop would have been similar to Michalski's. Millard built those ones too. "He usually had his computers built for him." #LauraBabcock
2:57 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Michalski saw #Smich using #Millard computer once, while he was living at #Millard's house.
2:58 PM - 21 Nov 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member