DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron asks about street language.

She asks, what does "tools" mean?

He says it can mean firearms.

She then asks, "what about domes?"

He doesn't know, he could guess.

Crown Cameron pulls up text messages to refresh his memory.

by Shannon Martin 1:07 PM

The text conversation is from June 13, 2012.

Ward-Jackson doesn't recognize the numbers. There are no names associated with them. He doesn't know if the messages are to or from him -- or him period.

"I don't understand what's going on here."

Cameron says she's asking if he recognizes the numbers or the conversations. He doesn't.
by Shannon Martin 1:11 PM

He has admitted he is there against his will. Does that mean the crown can treat him as a hostile witness? Or does something have to occur before he is considered one?

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Crown is taking Ward-Jackson thru txt messages where he facilitated a "deal" to sell a firearm to Millard. I can assume it went to Millard.

Cameron directs him to 2012.

Ward-Jackson hung out with his sister, he says, in Oakville.

He says he only saw Smich "coming and going" but they didn't talk.
by Shannon Martin 12:58 PM

Ward-Jackson points out "Dell Millard."

He knows him through "the occasional run in."

He says they were introduced through "their mutual appreciation of vehicles."

Ward-Jackson noticed Millard's car in a parking lot and went over to compliment it.
by Shannon Martin 12:59 PM
I feel like MWJ is gonna have Smich's back here. Already seeing distancing that we know to be false.

moo.

ETA: Though I suppose it all boils down to MWJ having MWJ's back.

He has admitted he is there against his will. Does that mean the crown can treat him as a hostile witness? Or does something have to occur before he is considered one?

The Crown has to make the application to the judge, but generally he would have to be uncooperative on the stand first.

Another conversation, July 1, 2012.

The first message: ".32 its a really nice nice compact piece im sure ud like it."

Ward-Jackson says he arranged the sale of a firearm to who he believed was Millard or somebody else, he says, he can't be sure "who was on the other end of the phone."

Cameron shows a photo of the gun we saw earlier.

Ward-Jackson says, "I can assume it went to Millard."

He didn't meet Millard.

He says two women "Shorty and Rabbit" met up with Millard to do the deal. He says he doesn't know their real names. He says it happened at the Dundas address.

He doesn't recall the total cost of the gun, but his cut was $800.
by Shannon Martin 1:18 PM

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
2m2 minutes ago
More
Ward-Jackson had Shorty and Rabbit facilitate deal, pick up $800. He had ppl oversee the deal.
How do u know it was Millard?
Thru txt msg.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
44s44 seconds ago
More
Basically I sent those txts.
"I made a poor decision, I was high on drugs." I heard he wanted a gun, him or a party related to Millard.

Cameron asks, "You have a gun selling business?"

Ward-Jackson, "No, I saw an opportunity to make some money."

He adds the gun "was floating around the neighbourhood so I facilitated the transaction."

Ward-Jackson says he never held the gun, it was dropped at the apartment, he then had the two women, this Shorty and Rabbit, help out on the other end of the deal.

He testifies the gun was in a bag.
by Shannon Martin 1:21 PM

Another conversation, July 1, 2012.

The first message: ".32 its a really nice nice compact piece im sure ud like it."

Ward-Jackson says he arranged the sale of a firearm to who he believed was Millard or somebody else, he says, he can't be sure "who was on the other end of the phone."

Cameron shows a photo of the gun we saw earlier.

Ward-Jackson says, "I can assume it went to Millard."

He didn't meet Millard.

He says two women "Shorty and Rabbit" met up with Millard to do the deal. He says he doesn't know their real names. He says it happened at the Dundas address.

He doesn't recall the total cost of the gun, but his cut was $800.
by Shannon Martin 1:18 PM

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
2m2 minutes ago
More
Ward-Jackson had Shorty and Rabbit facilitate deal, pick up $800. He had ppl oversee the deal.
How do u know it was Millard?
Thru txt msg.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
44s44 seconds ago
More
Basically I sent those txts.
"I made a poor decision, I was high on drugs." I heard he wanted a gun, him or a party related to Millard.

Wait, THE Rabbit, or another Rabbit?

Did I read the tweet that they called him "Andrew Ward-Jackson." I thought it was Matthew......am I missing something?

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
I didn't handle the gun. I plead guilty to trafficking a firearm. I didn't need to handle it.
The person selling it described it as "nice"

Shorty.... MM?
Rabbit? Is CN using DM's mother's nickname?
Seems coincidental IMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Did I read the tweet that they called him "Andrew Ward-Jackson." I thought it was Matthew......am I missing something?

That was only Marianne Boucher. Shannon Martin had it right with Matthew.

Wait it appears Shorty and Rabbit are Ish's peeps?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

It sounds like Shorty and Rabbit were women working for Ish. I think the Rabbit name is coincidental

Just the fact that the jury gets to see and hear from Ish is enough IMO. What a striking impression he will make, and there are texts to and from him and DM and MS - right? The jury will get an even better idea of what kind of unsavory characters DM and MS were dealing with, IMO. Like it or not, Ish will unwittingly add credibility to the Crown's case by his mere presence, IMO.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member